Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon Witch Saga

This post takes priority over the crossed information below.

This is kinda-sorta a reboot of a roleplay that was around during the 7th Generation of Pokemon, but now that Scarlet & Violet are coming out, I thought it'd be a great idea to whip out this interest check.

Currently I have two individuals - @Minarawr and @Mike the Bloodwolf - expressing interest, but I felt that I could use a good few more heads.

As I intend to allow SV Pokemon in this Roleplay, I feel that an appropriate minimum time to open signups would be 25th November - a good whole week after SV is released and everyone has gotten the new generation in their heads. If you feel that it's better for it to be later than this i.e. 2 weeks or even a month, do say.

~~~~~

In a distant land, there were beings that the populace called witches, who possessed a special ability that allowed them to transform into Pokemon and use the moves of them. However, their acts were seen as evil and harmful, and they were chased out, causing them to flee into the forests and nature of their lands, where their ability to transform into Pokemon allowed them to adapt with ease.

The Witches lived happily among the Pokemon, until one day, a great evil loomed over their lands. While most of the stronger Witches stayed behind to fight this threat off, the weaker ones were told to flee and find a peaceful land to continue living, with some of the stronger ones being there to accompany and protect them.

The Witches found a new archipelago to settle in, each different one settling for an island that corresponded to their type the best.

One of these islands was [Insert Name Here] Island, the only one of these islands previously populated by people - people who were versed in Dragon-type Pokemon and tamed them. The Witches, taking the form of their pets and noble steeds, lived their days.

~~~~~

There will be a lot to flesh out and explain about the lore, how witches work and more, but I'd like to hear some interest first before I do.

Also, what should the theming of the Archipelago's main islands be?

a. Kyurem, Reshiram, Zekrom and the four Forces of Nature
b. 5 Regis and Regigigas

Last edited:

@Minarawr @Mike the Bloodwolf @wolfsujiyama @Freakmachine

If I need to add anything else or you need questions, feel free to share.

After a whole year of trying to get back into the mojo, puking, trying to get back and getting weary as a result of my job (I REALLY do wish I could use focusing on other RPs as an excuse, but I couldn't even do that), I've ended up reviving the thing, though I reworked it and its concepts so that:

1. It takes place in a more modern setting now; albeit the Witches are stated to live in places that modern civilizations have not touched.
2. The playing field is now the entire world, and Witches are widespread now, so it'd be a great idea to discuss who exists in which ambiguously-placed place.
3. The antagonists, the Inquisitors, are trying to hunt witches for their power so they can make their own. Right now, they have created 'Artificial Witches' which they deem 'flawed, but will give them an edge in their quest'.

Of course, these are the major changes. I've been making new lore the moment a revival was requested.

@Minarawr @Mike the Bloodwolf @wolfsujiyama @Freakmachine @wiki234 and anyone else I might have missed who have posted signups, expressed interest & the like.

Still up for it?

(I'll post a new thread, so that I can be clear on which characters you wish to import or trim out based on the new idea)

Gijinkas allowed?

Oh hey! New person!

1. Witches, whether they be "Artificial Witches" or true ones, have the ability to partially transform into a form that is basically a human with Pokemon traits. Also I design some of my Witches to have the traits of the Pokemon they transform into, based on the whole gijinka concept. Some true witches can also just... be in a constant gijinka-like state - ears, tails, the like.

2. Our antagonists, the Inquisitors, have also created POKEMORPHs (POKEMOn-Replicating Pseudo Humans) before they made Artificial Witches as a form of prototype. These POKEMORPHs are basically what you'd expect from a traditional gijinka - they're humans with Pokemon traits and abilities, but no explicit shapeshifting of any kind.

Long story short - yes, they are allowed, but they're not called that here.

I got a general question for the folks while I'm making my characters. I know I'm the GM and can just make it so that it's allowed, but I think a story with an extent of limits is alright too.

A lot of Pokemon RPs seem to agree that having a Legendary Pokemon is a bit much, and others limit you to one most of the time.

How about Paradox Pokemon? Are they viewed the same way? Is two in a team too much for one single character?

Is a paradox pokemon like Iron Tusk and those other weird ones?

Yeah, Paradox Pokemon are those new Pokemon that resemble robotic or feral versions of existing Pokemon but are not related to them by evolution or whatever. They're supposed to be in one place but the Donphan-like ones escape and become Titans.

Took me a while to remember their names myself. It gets easier when you have a reason to see them often.

Like the Smogon ladder and 2v2 competitive streams.

I avoid gen 9 ou because I just find the whole concept lazy and find it annoying that all the pokemon with normal names are UU or worse now thanks to power creep.

Powercreep is at the point where Ubers can be split into two tiers and every OU mainstay like the ol Chomp and Tyranitar has arrived to UU. Pretty wild.

... I had intended to wait till Friday for more responses before I set up the new signups thread, but I realise that it's more efficient to set it up ASAP (i.e. in 9 hours) so that anyone who's waiting can work on their apps as soon as they can, and more importantly, comprehend the lore I've written for this RP before jumping in.

Here's the thread.

Back
Top Bottom