Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek: Iliade

east

Supernova
ExcaliburMarkII2.JPG

The Star Ship Oddyssy NCC - 71832 - B
The Destruction of the USS Odyssy NCC-7183 in 2370 marked the beginning of the Dominion Cold War, and the construction of the sovereign class starship would begin later that same year, during the dominion war only four Sovergn class ships had been produced. But after the dominion war, an additional twelve have been constructed with haste.

By the end of the dominion war, more ships had come off the line than capable officers to command them. The year is 2380 and the dominion war ended five years ago with death tolls in the untold millions. The federation is still recovering from its deep wounds, and tensions with the Romulan Star Empire are at an all-time high after the assassination of the Romulan High Council and a clone version of Captain Jean-Luc Picard named Shinzon attempted to commit a genocide of earth.

The new Odyssey - B is one of the twelve new sovereigns constructed for the Federation fleet. It's named legacy hoping to help guide the federation out of the dark ages of war and into something new and hopeful. However in it's hasty construction the Odyssey ended up just a touch... wrong. The lights flicker whenever the phasers fire, the shields are stuck at 98%, and the tables seem to vibrate whenever the ship reaches warp nine causing objects to fall over.

Rather than mothball one of the sixteen most expensive ships in the federation armada they decided to hand it to a crew fresh off the academy so that any defects could be written off as user error.

The ship is state of the art, but quirky, the crew is young and inexperienced, and yet somehow they will go forward. The Odyssey is about to leave the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards on its maiden voyage, all it needs is a crew.

The TL;DR of this is that I am looking to launch a Star Trek group RP. Set just after the movie insurrection, but following our own timeline and ship. I will get up character sheets a little later, but all characters will be 18+ as the crew is meant to be fresh out of the academy. I'm looking to get together a bridge crew, I would play as the captain, and that means we need:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman -
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

If this continues to expand and go forward as I hope it will we will open up into more ranks and larger character bases than what I have currently posted.

I've been watching a lot of lower decks lately, and have been mulling over ideas for a star trek rp for a long time, so I hope this goes well and catches a lot of people's interest.

The long awated character profile thread is here: Star Trek Iliade character profiles

the RP thread is here too now

OOC chatter

Last edited:
Sorry, I was working on it for awhile, I just had to wait for the captain to make sure she was compatible. Like if he was a stickler for the regs, that could have been a problem.
Nellis is over here like "wait we have regulations for that?"

Nah I think the two of them will have an interesting relationship, something tells me Nellis is going to be trying to get his crew to not shoot everything that moves against their better blood thirsty wishes.

Can't wait to see how she reacts when she finds out that cardassia petitions to join the federation in 2381 (it's in a novel)

Okay. If Tac Officer is already taken, I'd like to be either Ops/Second Officer or Chief Engineer.
And yeah second officer is open, sorry I may not have known the number, but Alhanna definitely had dibs on the spot, I know I caused confusion on the matter.

We do have Silverbird's Vulcan that needs a spot too, I think.
That's right, yeah. So assuming @LeaT sticks with the helm, I guess I'm picking up Science or Engineering.

Wait, did I just walk into a Vulcan stereotype? šŸ˜…

Well, might as well lean into it! I'll put together a Chief Science Officer for the ship tomorrow. May take a leaf from Ahlanna's book and download STO to play around with the character creator, too...

I gladly take/keep the role of Chief Engineering Officer, but I think with the First Officer being as much as an Engineer as she is, Assistant Chief Engineer is just as good as any.
Adding the Vulcan Chief Science Officer, and we have another help with the Engineering decisions and choices, while I can boss the lesser engineers onboard around to fix things, that would not take up either of their time.

Also, if the ship had a full time 'real' Chief Engineer, it would definitely work better as it is working at the start.

Zasha was an engineer for the Bajoran Militia, but she can't stand all of Starfleets protocols, standards and compliance. You do X thing in Y way with Z redundancy. It takes all the art out of the job! How are you supposed to run the reactor at 120% when the safety protocols say no more than 110% for periods of no longer than 7 cycles of interchange at a time? I mean, sure you can disable the protocols, but then you have to freakin report it to Starfleet to be second-guessed!

It is lucky then that P'rmess usually goes with her hearing and touch, to make the reactor purr - at 89%, unless she makes it angry up to 112%.

Hey, nice! I've just put mine up too, you beat me over here.

I appreciate that Zasha doesn't care for protocols and regulations, and both Science and Tactical are going to be going "so... you don't want to read this 200 page report we've been writing?"

@east I've thrown in a reference to Nellis in T'Vara's backstory, if that works for you. I figure they had enough overlapping years at the Academy that it probably makes sense!
Haven't got a concrete idea of what their relationship was like or why they haven't spoken since yet, but let me know if you have any thoughts!

This is my first time Roleplaying online a group roleplay. I am very excited to play my Trill CMO. I reread the synopsis and the Odyssey B will be manned by a crew of characters straight from the academy. Could my back story of a Trill whose previous host was a security officer who died in battle and my character was the only unjoined Trill on the ship still work?

I do like the idea of being forced to have the symbiont of someone who the new host was romantically involved with. But if he is straight out if the academy, would the back story work?

I appreciate that Zasha doesn't care for protocols and regulations, and both Science and Tactical are going to be going "so... you don't want to read this 200 page report we've been writing?"

@east I've thrown in a reference to Nellis in T'Vara's backstory, if that works for you. I figure they had enough overlapping years at the Academy that it probably makes sense!
Haven't got a concrete idea of what their relationship was like or why they haven't spoken since yet, but let me know if you have any thoughts!
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T READ MY ESSAY ON NAVAL COMBAT DOCTRINE, WHAT IF THE DOMINION ATTACKS!?"

In all seriousness love the characters so far!

This is my first time Roleplaying online a group roleplay. I am very excited to play my Trill CMO. I reread the synopsis and the Odyssey B will be manned by a crew of characters straight from the academy. Could my back story of a Trill whose previous host was a security officer who died in battle and my character was the only unjoined Trill on the ship still work?
I think that'll still work. Most of the other characters have at least a little experience serving on other ships, so that should still line up. You could have served as an ensign on another vessel, or even a cadet on some kind of training mission.

It's a very cool idea for a character, by the way!

I think that'll still work. Most of the other characters have at least a little experience serving on other ships, so that should still line up. You could have served as an ensign on another vessel, or even a cadet on some kind of training mission.

It's a very cool idea for a character, by the way!
Thank you. It is not entirely original, I gened up the character for a tabletop game with my gaming group. I added the romance angle for here.

My groupā€™s president and my best friend got really sick in July and is still in a rehab facility and we have not been gaming as much obviously.

I will generate the character and have it up tomorrow

I believe she is a commander, she has 3 gold pips on her rank collar

I saw the reference and happy to have you aboard as an old friend from the academy.

2380, I believe.

I have a question. What uniforms would we have?
I think it could be the Lower Decks uniform. We're a new ship, so it could make sense that we have the new uniform design. (Plus, I think they look great.)

There's also a good case to be made for the black-and-grey design from later seasons of DS9 and the TNG movies. I've used both for T'Vara's screenshots, partly because I don't have the right things unlocked to mock up the Lower Decks design in STO outside the tailor. I figure if we are using the more colourful design, those pictures in the older design could just be slightly older photos.

Ultimately East's call though, I guess!

I saw the reference and happy to have you aboard as an old friend from the academy.
(y)

2380 is not that long after DS9, and actually, in an episode of Voyager where they're trying quantum slipstream and it all goes to shit in an alternate future, Starfleet wears the later DS9 uniform with the All Good Things badge. I wish the PIC uniform got into STO. Maybe after they're done Stormfall.

2380, I believe.

I think it could be the Lower Decks uniform. We're a new ship, so it could make sense that we have the new uniform design. (Plus, I think they look great.)

There's also a good case to be made for the black-and-grey design from later seasons of DS9 and the TNG movies. I've used both for T'Vara's screenshots, partly because I don't have the right things unlocked to mock up the Lower Decks design in STO outside the tailor. I figure if we are using the more colourful design, those pictures in the older design could just be slightly older photos.

Ultimately East's call though, I guess!

(y)
Correct that it is 2380, and yes I think the lower decks uniform is really good so I would lean towards that one.

Back
Top Bottom