Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is a Video Game You Can and Have Played Over and Over?

knockknock

Star
Fallout New Vegas for me. I have played it through probably 15 times and done each ending multiple times. I cannot get enough of it.

I've got two: Ocarina of Time (it's the first time I remember getting truly amped up about a final boss) and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Xenogears on PS1. It was a birthday gift. I really wish they would remake it but that will never happen. I have no idea how many times I've played it but it never gets old.

Name any of the Halo games made by Bungie. The one exception are the Flood levels, especially The Library in Combat Evolved.

Heroes of might and magic 3 has been installed in some form or another on every PC I've had since 2000

Xenogears on PS1. It was a birthday gift. I really wish they would remake it but that will never happen. I have no idea how many times I've played it but it never gets old.
Such a gem of a game. I don't think we'll ever get something quite like it again. Whenever friends ask "So what's it like?" My answer is always "Evangelion on steroids." As far as I know, we never got it in the EU...so I do hope for a port of some kind in the next few years.

Always tried to get a Mecha RP inspired by it but sadly, that was never an option. Recommended it to multiple RP partners who like RPGs, however!

For me, that would be Final Fantasy 4. The second I heard the Red Wings Theme for the first time I knew I was in for a wild ride. Since I was 8, that game's held a very special place in my heart. I often hum the OST to myself when I'm alone or cleaning the house.

I see someone else mentioned FFT too and you may say that it's very slow-paced, but it also has one of my favorite narratives in the RPG genre period.

Such a gem of a game. I don't think we'll ever get something quite like it again. Whenever friends ask "So what's it like?" My answer is always "Evangelion on steroids." As far as I know, we never got it in the EU...so I do hope for a port of some kind in the next few years.

Always tried to get a Mecha RP inspired by it but sadly, that was never an option. Recommended it to multiple RP partners who like RPGs, however!
Yes it is. Speaking on it, I might do my usual run. Yeah, I think only was out in Japan and North America. Hopefully they will have a port, people should get to play it. It's one of the classics.

Metal Gear Solid. All of them.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Resident Evil. Several of them, particularly 5 with various friends.
Suikoden.
Hitman.
Soul Reaver.
Blood Omen.
Sonic Adventure.
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand.

Metal Gear Solid. All of them.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Resident Evil. Several of them, particularly 5 with various friends.
Suikoden.
Hitman.
Soul Reaver.
Blood Omen.
Sonic Adventure.
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand.
Whats your favorite Metal Gear?

I spent too many hours in D2 back when it was released, and more cash than I care to count having to repurchase it. I'm a sucker though and bought it for my Xbox. Nostalgia is definitely a thing there.

I tend to get in a loop of replays for a lot of RPGs though. Final Fantasy hooks me every time, and I get sucked into the original Mass Effect trilogy a lot.

I think I must have played the first and second Baldur's Gate games possibly 100ish times each!

Apart from Skyrim, which seems to be an instant classic in this regard, I cant fully get myself detached from Assassins Creed Black Flag. The scenery and setting is just too tempting!

Final Fantasy VIII
Very likely in my top five games of all time. I would beat this at least once a year for the longest time. I really need to play through the remaster at some point.

Silent Hill
Not nearly as good as the second game, but I dig the atmosphere a bit more and it's a brisker game. Easier to just play through every so often.

Resident Evil 2 Remake
Like it way more than the original game, not that takes away from the originals greatness. Very fun and swift playthrough once you know the proper routes.

Mass Effect 1 and 2
Gotta group these two together. I played them so much I went through two or three Xbox 360s due to the RED RING OF DEATH while playing.

Resident Evil 4
One of the best games of all time in my humble opinion. Although the pacing falls off somewhere in the castle, I think that's only due to how amazingly great the village is.

Dragon Age: Origins
Played the living heck out of this game. Really worth the dozens and dozens of hours I poured into my multiple playthroughs.

Fallout: New Vegas
An exceptionally well made game, despite being an exceptionally poorly built game. One of the best RPG experiences you can find in the vidya game format.

Parasite Eve
Pretty much adore everything about this game, with the exception of the Chrysler Building. Great game and worth anyone's time.

Back
Top Bottom