Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Exiled Land

Greetings one and all. Been a while since I was on here, but have come across a set of books for the 2d20 version of the Conan RPG, and in particular, the Exiles sourcebook. Now, as I'm likely not going to find a DM for it, I have instead decided that I am going to try running a game for anyone interested! Well, a selection of those interested.

As it is, if you are interested and meet most of the following, feel free to send me a sheet and join up!

1) You are NOT expecting constant rape

2) You are NOT looking for every animal, plant, rock and inanimate object to try and rape your character

3) You are NOT looking to be enslaved and turned into the humanoid enemies living sex toy with no motives or agency

4) You ARE willing to play a character that is more on the feminine side

5) You ARE willing to at least be a switch

6) You ARE willing to strive for success and glory!

Now, I can provide PDF's... or a link to a sheet making site if you are interested. However, a few things of note. Firstly, you start with nothing at all. Nadda, zilch, you be naked save for a strange bracelet you cannot remove. The general premise? Why, you are being shipped to the Exiled Lands!

Edit;

Character Generator to play around with ideas!

Sheet to copy things into

Last edited:
Other things we don't really have covered yet:
- Neither of us have any points in ranged combat, or thievery.
- Neither of us are any good at talking to people. 😅 (Citra has points in a few of the personality skills, mostly by accident, but her base Personality is rubbish.)
This be true. Those are things that are lacking, and yet, don't feel as if you need to fill them in. This is the exiled lands, you can just enslave some people and see which ones are actually good at making shit :p

As a side note, here be a video on ruling that will be important later on after any settlement gets big enough.

So is settlement building a big part of the story?

Big two concepts. (Don't know how they fit the system):
--A buxom, chocolate skinned dancing girl who once performed ritual dances for the Spider Gods. Men who came to see her dance were hypnotized by the priests as they asked the sermons, and given hypnotic suggestions to ensure their loyalty to the current order. When not performing, or training, this girl slipped otu across the rooftops of the land at night. She preferred to steal from those who she considered corrupts, but she was ultimately a thief. She studied knife fighting and unarmed combat. Her dance moves expanded into combat mobility. She learned to be harder to hit and a more effective assassin when unarmored.
--Daughters of a master of the fence form Zingara, this girl learned her father's fighting style--a blend of flamboyant acrobatics, psychological warfare, and precise, scientifically calculated techniques. Her father had no son, and she dreamed of being the new master of the school. But Zingara is a man's world. (Most of the world is.) Her father betrothed her to one of his finest students. She considered him a bully and a coarse brute. Learning the hard truth that what men of the world wanted from women was nothing more than their beauty, their charm, and their bodies, she studied to become the ultimate tease. A temptress who flirted, charmed, performed, and wooed, but always backed off from giving in. She accumulated a small fortune from men who wanted more, then took her arming sword and fled her betrothal. (She picked up whip skill, too!)

Other concepts:
--A northern shieldmaiden with fiery red hair and revealing armor known for dual wielding axes--and hurling them with deadly precision!
--A wise woman's apprentice, practiced in various forms of magic, but most of all healing.
--A blacksmith's daughter, her beauty only surpassed by her strength.
if you want a guy:
--A noble, idealistic, and genuinely good young knight from Hyboria. How will he be corrupted in the wide world? Will a girl offer to bare her throat to his collar in return for his protection? Will sensual seductresses take advantage of his better nature? Can he find the barbarian within without loosing his soul?

As it is, second expanded concept might work, and blacksmiths daughter could be interesting! As could the apprentice idea, depending on your various picks, and could interact in interesting ways with the bird.

And which part of the Hyborian world? From the knight part I'm guessing Aquilonia or Nemedia?

As it is, play around with this for a bit, before copying it over to a sheet. However, no more than three skills at be at 3 or better at character creation and you have to reassign them if thats the case.

Really wish i had the books... Even the old mongoose, that would help me to get details I've forgotten. I can't believe I lost that old fan novel... I hate loosing stuff I wrote! (Was it really that long ago?)

Homelands:
1st: Erm, where are the spider gods from?
2nd: Zingara
3rd: North of Cimeria, the nation with the redheads rather than the blonds. (Nordheim? Aesir?)
4th: Brythunian
5th: No clue? Hyboria?
6th: Hyboria

And Cherubian is a melee combat monster who has REALLY specialized.
What is easy to overlook is that Asenath is also quite the decent Ninja. Almost unavoidable with that high an Agility. Her Observation and Survival are also decent, but that is about it, indeed. :)

- Neither of us are any good at talking to people. 😅 (Citra has points in a few of the personality skills, mostly by accident, but her base Personality is rubbish.)
I still think Intimidation should be Brawn based. :)
I mean, are you really going to play it cool if the gal who just effortlessly slaughtered three of your buddies informs you that either you talk or you die?

--A wise woman's apprentice, practiced in various forms of magic, but most of all healing.
I have not had an extensive look at the magic system yet, but my gut feeling is that this won't work. Magic in Conan is quite different from regular D&D fare, almost always from a rather 'dark' source of power. In the Age of Conan MMO the three mage classes were Demonologist, Necromancer and Herald of Xotli. This is low magic Sword and Sorcery, not High Fantasy.

As it is, intimidating displays are a thing. But, while you might be an effective killer... can you leverage that into the force of will that seeps from your presence like the stalking panther, a growling lioness that is licking her fangs as she stalks forward towards her prey?

Or do you lack that subtle bit of charisma, unable to truly project it in a way that others can really understand? That is why personality is important, even if great brawn does help.

Really wish i had the books... Even the old mongoose, that would help me to get details I've forgotten. I can't believe I lost that old fan novel... I hate loosing stuff I wrote! (Was it really that long ago?)

Homelands:
1st: Erm, where are the spider gods from?
2nd: Zingara
3rd: North of Cimeria, the nation with the redheads rather than the blonds. (Nordheim? Aesir?)
4th: Brythunian
5th: No clue? Hyboria?
6th: Hyboria
1) That would be Zamora

3) Nordhiemer, and yeah, think the Aseir are the red heads, with Vanir being blonde. Could be other way around, will need to check!

5 & 6) Calling yourself Hyborian is like calling yourself white :p It means you are a descendent of the tribe of Bori, which as a whole command the realms of Aquilonia, the Bossonian Marches, Hyperborea.... pretty much a huge chunk of the north-western part of the world really.

Maybe I should have made the smiley behind my 'Use Brawn for Intimidation' suggestion bigger. But eliciting terrified babble is also something. :)

P.S: I just realized Citra has even less of a personality than Asenath. I had not thought that possible. ;)

So ... I don't know if I'm a great fit for this, miniminally familiar with the setting at best, and the others seem very knowledgable. And I'd never even heard of 2d20 before, but it doesn't seem hard - I got the free Quick Start PDF from Drive Thru RPG, and it looks like something that can be handled.

How comfortable are you all playing with someone who knows very little about the lands?

Not a problem for me! I'm just leaning on a wiki for a lot of this stuff, anyway; I've had enough exposure to Conan stuff to recognize some of the names and maybe have a general idea of what they're about, but I really couldn't tell you many specifics without looking them up first. My feeling is that getting into the spirit of the setting and the genre is more important than knowing the details.

P.S: I just realized Citra has even less of a personality than Asenath. I had not thought that possible. ;)
😅

Well met Ahlanna. Great name!
I have not had an extensive look at the magic system yet, but my gut feeling is that this won't work. Magic in Conan is quite different from regular D&D fare, almost always from a rather 'dark' source of power. In the Age of Conan MMO the three mage classes were Demonologist, Necromancer and Herald of Xotli. This is low magic Sword and Sorcery, not High Fantasy.
I originally did this character in an attempt to write a Conan pastiche that was set 2 generations after Conan became king of Aquelonia. Some of the characters I showed were characters from that novel. Conan's grandson had returned, usurped his father, and was mobilizing the nation into an army of conquest. The young knight i mentioned left Aquelonia on a quest to find out how the usurper was bending the will of the nobles who opposed him. He wound up doing what the usurper had done, visiting places Conan had traveled.

He rescues a beautiful blond Brythunian girl from the slave market. Rather than accept freedom and let him take her home, she asks to become his slave. She explaine that her grandmother was a wise woman, and had taught her some things about prophecy and medicine. The Wise Woman had prophesied that she should become this man's slave. (Turns into a very unconventional romance. :) )

Anyways in the Mongoose Conan d20 I don't remember the Scholars being able to actually heal with magic. They're more about nature magic (growing magical plants and summoning animals) prophecy, and such. Their medical skills are technically mundane, though they can usually get their hands on some really strong herbal medicine. (It's been a long time since I read this.)

To tie this back to the authentic sources, the one villain in a Conan story who was clearly stronger than Conan was Bori the Strangler. Conan was facing Bori with the aid of a sorceress and her wolf. :)

The spider dancer girl was from that story too. The Aesir was from an RP over on Elliquiy, but there was a sexy redhead Cimerian.

And yes, when I said Hyborian I meant Aquelonian. :)

Well met Ahlanna. Great name!
I originally did this character in an attempt to write a Conan pastiche that was set 2 generations after Conan became king of Aquelonia. Some of the characters I showed were characters from that novel. Conan's grandson had returned, usurped his father, and was mobilizing the nation into an army of conquest. The young knight i mentioned left Aquelonia on a quest to find out how the usurper was bending the will of the nobles who opposed him. He wound up doing what the usurper had done, visiting places Conan had traveled.

He rescues a beautiful blond Brythunian girl from the slave market. Rather than accept freedom and let him take her home, she asks to become his slave. She explaine that her grandmother was a wise woman, and had taught her some things about prophecy and medicine. The Wise Woman had prophesied that she should become this man's slave. (Turns into a very unconventional romance. :) )

Anyways in the Mongoose Conan d20 I don't remember the Scholars being able to actually heal with magic. They're more about nature magic (growing magical plants and summoning animals) prophecy, and such. Their medical skills are technically mundane, though they can usually get their hands on some really strong herbal medicine. (It's been a long time since I read this.)

To tie this back to the authentic sources, the one villain in a Conan story who was clearly stronger than Conan was Bori the Strangler. Conan was facing Bori with the aid of a sorceress and her wolf. :)

The spider dancer girl was from that story too. The Aesir was from an RP over on Elliquiy, but there was a sexy redhead Cimerian.

And yes, when I said Hyborian I meant Aquelonian. :)

So ... I don't know if I'm a great fit for this, miniminally familiar with the setting at best, and the others seem very knowledgable. And I'd never even heard of 2d20 before, but it doesn't seem hard - I got the free Quick Start PDF from Drive Thru RPG, and it looks like something that can be handled.

How comfortable are you all playing with someone who knows very little about the lands?
Go for it :) As it is, not knowing anything just means your character forgot, so is all good!

Also, while healing with sorcery is not really possible (one exception, there is a spell with an option to regenerate body parts), but that's what herbalisim is for, as are amulets, prayers and minor 'spells' as there is little difference in the eyes of the masses.

By the way, here are four 'notable NPC's' currently in the Exiled Lands. And yes, they be made by me.

In the deserts of the Exiled lands there exists the degenerate and tainted creature known as imps, wretched things broken by contact with the terrible nature of this land and warped into something far less than human. Some among them are of greater size and marginally more cunning, but those Dafari and Pictish exiles who have called this land home speak of another, Gulluch. Cunning and surprisingly able to control itself, this grey imp is a friendly, or at least neutral figure among the sands. And old Gulluch is always willing to make deals for items of petty magic or lore for surprisingly reasonable terms.

Manetho dwells in a dark tower in the north, near to that place known as the Shattered basin. Appearing as a tall humanoid figure of ten feet in height whose skin is pale as ivory, he claims to be of similar nature to Tyros. That is, of the mixed blood of Lemurians and Giant Kings, but one who has managed to survive the events that saw his proud kinsmen destroyed. And now, he visits and watches humanity crawl about their former domains, and smiles a strange smile.

None truly know when the green woman Mehui arrived in the jungles of the exiled lands, only that she has carved out a garden for herself, having repurposed the ruined outpost that once stood there. Now, there is a uncanny palace of living wood and green life, presided over by a woman whose lusts are deep and all consuming. More than one bold man has ended up drained of all he is, and his soulless husk used to feed the plants of her garden.

Enna has established her abode in the Icespire Chasm of the north, some years back. A fierce and deadly warrior of Vanir stock, she is known to have good relations with the frost giants of this northern place, and indeed in recent years has grown in size to be a particularly tall woman, often coated in rime that sparkles like diamonds as she dances across the snow, laughing as blood spills and she worships Ymir.

Born to a family of hunters, K'sevri has always been competitive and possessing an intensity beyond her small stature. Refusing to allow others to tell her what she could and could not do, she insisted on training in the ways of the hunter, even as others told her she was too small and weak for battle. Forced to learn the basics of crafting, K'sevri was a rebellious and bitter student. Tired of dealing with her refusal to cooperate with their stereotypes, she was apprenticed to a Zamoran shipwright. Caring little for her work, the young apprentice spent most of her time hanging out with the Shadra'mor, a gang of toughs, who humored her because she really was pretty good with a bow.

A few years later, the Shadra'mor got themselves into a fight with a guild of thieves. With poison daggers the order of the month, K'sevri prepared for the conflict by exposing herself to small quantities of thieves favorite poisons, training her system to build up a resistance. So when the big throwdown occurred, K'sevri was one of the only combatants left standing. Unfortunately, the other survivors mostly had connections, and she got scapegoated for the conflict, and sent to the Exiled Lands.

Last edited:
I think I'd prefer to start near each other - it means we get our characters interacting sooner, which is fun, and probably means less work for you. I can see where it would be fun to give them a chance to establish themselves a little before crossing paths, though, and that would make their eventual meeting a bigger deal (finally not alone in the wilderness!), so I guess I'm happy either way.

Thats a vote! Asking as have four sheets submitted so far, so going to get to work on the actual threads for the game. As it is, would like a sheet or something ready in the next few days, oh few people who have not gave me one for review yet!

Thank ye silverbird!

Also, for some spoilers of the map... likely going to expand the one shown for the exiled lands. Mostly make things a bit bigger all said and done, as seen by some of the new notable characters.

I made one final tweak to Asenath's character sheet. The point I had to shave from Discipline (because of the maximum three skills at 3+ limit) I now moved into Observation instead of Survival. Shouldn't make a big difference either way, but I feel Observation might be slightly more important and more fitting to what Asenath did prior to her exile. Once I get that approved I'll add to the Character Sheets thread.

I'd also vote for starting together, or close together, so we can at least pool our measely survival skills. :)

I also think we should start nearby. If we didn't, it could hold things up if one person rolls poorly or such.

Back
Top Bottom