Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Exiled Land

Greetings one and all. Been a while since I was on here, but have come across a set of books for the 2d20 version of the Conan RPG, and in particular, the Exiles sourcebook. Now, as I'm likely not going to find a DM for it, I have instead decided that I am going to try running a game for anyone interested! Well, a selection of those interested.

As it is, if you are interested and meet most of the following, feel free to send me a sheet and join up!

1) You are NOT expecting constant rape

2) You are NOT looking for every animal, plant, rock and inanimate object to try and rape your character

3) You are NOT looking to be enslaved and turned into the humanoid enemies living sex toy with no motives or agency

4) You ARE willing to play a character that is more on the feminine side

5) You ARE willing to at least be a switch

6) You ARE willing to strive for success and glory!

Now, I can provide PDF's... or a link to a sheet making site if you are interested. However, a few things of note. Firstly, you start with nothing at all. Nadda, zilch, you be naked save for a strange bracelet you cannot remove. The general premise? Why, you are being shipped to the Exiled Lands!

Edit;

Character Generator to play around with ideas!

Sheet to copy things into

Last edited:
So, no interest thus far. And will apologize, as really should be expanding things.

Still, I am currently looking for a small group at most that is willing to brave the Exiled lands of the 2d20 Conan RPG. It will be a tale of danger, of survival and sexy times to go with the horror and brutality (its a Conan game), where life hangs on the edge of a blade and secrets dark and foul stalk this shattered land where reality lay dreaming.

Start with nothing, and will you survive exiles? Or will your bones be ground into the sands like countless others?

Well, I think I'm interested! Are you up for teaching the system? I haven't played the Exiles videogame or 2d20 Conan before - and I'm not super deep into the Conan lore - but I am a little familiar with 2d20 via Star Trek.

I've got a vague image of a character starting to form: once a sorcerer's slave, until she found an opportunity to kill him. A tough, clever survivor, determined to seize some power for herself, ideally by learning her own magic - if she can live through her current predicament, at least!

I'm up for trying to teach the system, as not entirely familiar with it myself, mostly have just read some of the books and been wanting to give it a try!

Also, I direct you to this character generator! Mostly, you CAN use it, or just ask me in a message to link some PDF's :) As it is, looks good and makes sense as a character backstory! Just going to ask that you look at the six checkmarks, as those cover all the major points.

Still, will be more than happy to help with character creation in a bit :)

I am also interested. I'd really like to give the 2d20 Conan system a real go after the short lived attempts I participated in so far.

May I present Asenath.

Background Story
Asenath was born to one of the nomadic tribes roaming the Stygian desert that earn their living by raiding. As such even though she is a female her education contained ample combat training, and it soon became evident that her slender frame harbored an unexpected strength. Apparently the blood of the ancients was flowing in her veins. That strength and prowess allowed her to fend off any male suitors that would press her into the traditional role of a wife and mother. Even more so after she suffered a grievous stab to her abdomen in one of their raids which rent her forever sterile.
Fate took a turn for the worse when the clergy of Set decided to crack down on the banditry, and in a nightly raid her camp was sacked and every single soul killed, except for herself who managed to hide among the corpses.

[The last bit probably should be amended to explain her presence in the Exiled Lands]

Last edited:
And here's Citra for your approval!

Once a slave of the dread sorcerer Akmenoteph, Citra seized her freedom during one of her master's many rituals, taking advantage of his distraction to strike - breaking his concentration and giving a grateful demon an opportunity to drag the wounded sorcerer down into the depths of some forgotten hell. That freedom did not last long; the escaped slave-girl was soon captured by the city guard, turned over to their arcane masters, and sentenced to a drawn-out, painful death in the Exiled Lands for daring to raise a hand against one of their own. A girl does not last long under Akmenoteph's cruel hand without learning to endure, however; Citra has survived atrocities which broke countless other slaves, and she is determined not the let this be her end.

Over years in a sorcerer's service, Citra picked up a few things, here and there - some at her master's assistance, whenever he had need of another skilled assistant, and others through silent observation and stolen glances, listening and learning when she had been dismissed and forgotten. She has experienced the power of magic first-hand, and she intends to one day take that power for herself. With that, she will never be another's thrall again.

dd88ryo-2ddb44c1-aac2-4861-8af2-a650885d1a97.jpg

zenobia_by_wildweasel339_d875trr-fullview.jpg

comics-warlord-of-mars-dejah-thoris-wallpaper-preview.jpg

So Citra's and Asenath's best plan is to find skilled crafters already present and ... employ ... them? :)

Last edited:
Ha, I guess so!

I definitely had at least one point in crafting at one stage, but I guess I rearranged something and lost it. šŸ¤” Might've been her nature, I think I had that as 'practical' at one point. (It took a while to settle on one!)

Well, in a bit of irony, after looking over the character creation rules (something had been nagging me) you might have that chance!

Mostly Cherubian, as you can only have three skills at the 3+ mark at character creation. Good news! You can redistribute skills to match up with that.

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, last few days have been kinda.... not good for me.

Also, Citra looks good!

For Asenath I redistributed one point from Discipline to Survival. Sheet should be updated to reflect this.
With Asenath's Intelligence score it does not really make sense to invest into Crafting. Even with that point she'd still be worse than Citra. Sheet should be updated to reflect this.

So either Citra picks up Crafting or we will have to outsource. ;)

We both picked Aquilonian as second language, which is a good thing but also rather random I guess. If anyone things any other tongue would be more fitting that can easily be adjusted.

Last edited:
For Citra; Would suggest changing Aquilonian to Stygian, as she was enslaved in Stygia.

For Asenath; Another good choice would be Kushite, Puntish, Dafari or Shemitish, as they are close to Stygia, at least, in terms of geography. Also, you get an Ancient Bloodline. Stygian I assume? Though there are other bloodlines that are technically possible close at hand.

Descended from the Lemurians who fled to the West and supplanted an ancient kingdom, the Stygian bloodline is ancient, corrupted by long association with the Old Serpent Set. Stygians with the Ancient Bloodline talent who fail a Personality test feel the presence of the god and will view any situation as an opportunity to do Setā€™s bidding. Though not beholden to commit an evil act, the desire to do so is there, and must be suppressed.

And yes, it seems like you girls might need to be outsourcing it :p Unless of course, we get someone else interested? We already have a fearsome warrior gal and cunning former slave girl that seeks mystic lore, so should be fun all in all :)

If Citra picks Stygian I will also chose a closer language, probably roll a dice. :)

I don't like that Stygian flavor that much. I see the desert nomads she grew up with as opposed to Set, and not very eager to do his bidding in general. So her Ancient Bloodline is probably due to some foreign element. Maybe her mother slept with a stranger on one of her rare visits to Khemi for trade?

Last edited:
Could work!

A few options;

Though the root stock is Hyborian, the bloodline of the folk of Argos has blended with an influx from Shem, Zingara, and even Stygia, inheriting ancestral traits from those ancient bloodlines. When this talent becomes active, the Argossean feels a strong sense of competition with others, a desire to get the better of any negotiation, no matter what the cost.

The remnants of dark Acheron remain not only in ruins and memory but also in blood. After the Cataclysm, Acheron rose to a power of which Turan and Aquilonia can yet only dream. The Sons of Bori are nothing compared to this more ancient, pure blood. That barbarous people may have pulled down the towers of Python, but they will see the whips of Acheron at their backs again. A character with this talent that fails a Personality test is filled with anger and entitlement, perhaps even with a surge of that sorcery-tainted blood that burns in their veins. Pay the GM 1 Doom and add a d20 to your test (unless you already rolled 3d20).

Originally of Lemurian stock, Hyrkanians keep some of the barbarous nature of their ancient ancestors. Yet, unlike the Lemurians, the Hyrkanians have never known the yoke of a master. They are free people, many in number, and feared in combat. They say that all Hyrkanian blood flows with that of their god, the grim Erlik. A Hyrkanian failing a Personality test is filled with the desire to depart the scene: not fleeing, but instead abandoning the current task and setting forth, free and unencumbered. Those witnessing this will see their interest instantly fade in whatever is at hand.

Chaga are Stygian descendants whose blood has intermingled with the native Gallah for centuries but share the Stygian temperament. However, they are more passionate, and prone to violence when failing a Personality test, which is how they have held onto the leadership of Kush for centuries: by harsh reprisals when challenged.

The folk descended from the Sons of Shem suffered much at the hands of their Stygian neighbors, enslaved and brutalized over the course of centuries. When a Personality test is failed, the Shemite with this talent feels a sense of outrage and the desire to dominate, turning the tables on a perceived opponent.

Can look at others, and the character generation link does have a talent overview that can show said bloodlines! As it is though, mostly just want it to make a degree of sense.

I'll pick the Hyrkanian Bloodline. That one seems to be best explaining her extreme physical traits. Archeronian sounded cool at first, but I would expect an Ancient Archeronian to excel in Intelligence, Personality and Willpower, and not in Brawn and Agility.

As second language I'll chose Darfari.

You might be surprised there, for the blood of Fell Acheron is the blood of the Giant Kings. Of that ancient and very much pre-human bloodline, the clearest strain can be found in the royalty and upper nobility of Stygia, where they are tall and ivory pale, with eyes and hair of midnight hue. Yet, that blood was preserved mainly as they betrayed many of their race. Northwards the bulk of the survivors went, establishing new realms and brooding towers as slaves cowered and were pressed into service. Yet, the sons of Bori, in the end, returned and broke the towers, and the bloodline of Acheron proper vanished into the country side, there to brood among the ruins and memories of the past.

As it is though, feel free to choose as you like :)

Oh oh! Am I too late?

Silverbird called my attention. I'd love to play.

honestly, i've played just enough 2d20 to know they're all subtly different. I read a lot of the old Mongoose d20 game for the Hyborean Age, and i've read a few actually Conan stories. (+ a fun spin off by Robert Jordan.)

Check me on a few things? You want girls, right? We're not going to be in constant non con situations. Could it happen occasionally? Or not your thing?

is there a skill or roll it would help to have? People were talking about crafting?

Okay, main reason for why I prefer those on the more feminine side? I be a mostly straight guy (have no issue playing female on male though some odd reason, and fond of dom/topping herms on males), and not that into male on male. Still, guys are welcome!

And it CAN happen. Hells bells, given the setting non-con is very much likely to happen at some point or another and I have little issue with the players engaging in rape. My main issue is with the 'to move from point A to B, they are passed along, swapped in their spit-roast of rape without needing to do anything other than moan and be raped' sort of thing x-x I don't like rape dungeons. I'm not a fan of all rape, all the raping time and players going out of their way to get raped in a great sea of endless and non-stop rape where they are not characters, but fleshlights.

To sum it up; if your character concept, idea, personality and goal is 'gets raped and is rape bait' with nothing else at all (and no 'dreaming of being raped, fantasizing about being raped and waxing poetic on being raped' do not count)... I'm not interested.

Mostly a pet peeve.

And technically speaking, you don't NEED to pick up Craft, as the basics at least are dead easy. Granted, as things get complicated.... could be useful!

As a side note, you still got time!

*Sweat drop* Sorry, I didn't mean to strike a nerve. I was just trying to get a feel for the game.

I do hope answering my actual question wasn't a side note!

now to figure out a starting point.

Is there something i don't know that caused crafting to come up?

Okay, some concepts are forthcoming, let me know if you like them. (Let's see if i can remember these girls):

Well, as it is, we have an escaped slave that looks to be getting into sorcery and a badass warrior girl.

Silverbird is a more even spread, not as big in some areas, but looks like they could pick up crafting easy and even now do decently... but likely not going to be their focus.

And Cherubian is a melee combat monster who has REALLY specialized.

Still, more than happy to hear concepts and help as needed!

And sorry for flying off on a bit of a rant... mostly just seen way too many rape dungeon and rape game profiles of late and really soured me to that.

Is there something i don't know that caused crafting to come up?
No, I don't think so - it's just an important part of the Exiles videogame, specifically, that neither of us have touched on so far. As Matt noted, though, Citra has the Int for it, so I might end up picking it up down the line if it turns out to be really useful to us. Don't feel obliged to focus on it unless you really want to!

Other things we don't really have covered yet:
- Neither of us have any points in ranged combat, or thievery.
- Neither of us are any good at talking to people. šŸ˜… (Citra has points in a few of the personality skills, mostly by accident, but her base Personality is rubbish.)

Back
Top Bottom