Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chuunin Exams (dhaze x Ryu_Momochi)

dhaze85

Banned
Banished
Hinata Hyuuga was now 15 years old, though still as shy as ever. She still found it difficult to talk with people no matter how hard she tried, but it didn't stop her from being given this assignment. It was time for the Chuunin exams, and ever since the incident with Orochimaru a few years ago, more examiners had been recruited, like her, to enter the Forest of Death and keep watch on the various Genin candidates. As much as she didn't really want the assignment, even she had to admit she was one of the best suited people for it. Her Byakugan allowed her to easily see what was going on, even from great distances, and she'd be able to intercept any trouble potentially before it happened. Or at the least she could react quickly. Still, it didn't stop her wanting to be somewhere else though....she really didn't like this forest, or the exams as a whole for that matter. But, whether she liked it or not, she had been given her mission and she would carry it out.

And so here she was, patrolling the forest of Death, a little less than halfway from the gates to the tower. The exams had only begun recently, about 12 hours ago, meaning there were still 2 and a half days before the time limit came. She hadn't seen any Genin yet, and didn't expect to for at least a few more hours, so she came to a stop, sitting on a large tree branch and sighing softly, taking another look around. Nothing unusual....no strange behaviour in some of the large and deadly animals, no people around that shouldn't be there.....everything was quiet. "Good.....the less trouble there is the better...."

Ryu smiled softly as he sat by the tree. He could feel every ninja within a certain distance, and he knew what he was going to do. He smirked a bit,"This is going to be fun..." he said to himself. He closed his eyes, doing some handseals and opening them again. They came up like videoscreens infront of his eyes, every ninja within fifty meters,"Hmmm... lets see who's got what I need..." he said to himself, checking each one's chakra signiture. He had a gift, no, a unique talent. They all called it a Kekki Genkai, but he knew better, it wasn't something he was born with, it was something he had learned, on his own. His ice blue eyes looked at each potential victim, each one with different strengths and weaknesses. He spotted something different though, one konoichi, she seemed to not be heading towards the finish line,"Hmmm... could she be a proctor?" he said to himself, he could see she had decent chakra skills, but he'd yet meet up with someone who'd be a match for his genjutsu. He smirked a bit,"I'll have some fun while I'm here..." he said to himself, his mist headband shining in the sun as he cast the jutsu,"Now she'll come to me..." he said softly before leaning back against the tree. It would only be a matter of time.

Hinata sighed and leaned back against the tree slightly, then stopped and blinked as she felt something.....odd. She quickly sat up and looked around, something wasn't quite right around hear...then suddenly she heard a loud crash, some muffled cries for help. She immediately jumped to her feet and leaped away to the next tree, following the source of the sound. Whilst she couldn't exactly help directly, she could stop the entrants from being killed and get them out of the forest if she felt it was necessary, though that would disqualify the ninja from the rest of the exam. "Just hope I make it in time...." It took only moments to reach the source of the noise, but Hinata blinked as she arrived, looking around, seeing nothing happening. No ninja in trouble, no signs of a battle, nothing. "What the....?" She blinked, then turned as she noticed something from the corner of her eye, like a reflection of sunlight from metal. "Hm? Is someone there?"

He was leaning against the tree still as he saw someone come into view,"Hmmm... oh, hello..." he said with a soft smile, the bandages covering his face, so it didn't even look that way,"You seemed to be a bit lost, looking for someone?" he said as he pushed off slightly against the tree. He could feel her chakra, feel that she had potential, but just not the confidence to use it,"Well... I'm the only one here... and I'm not in any sort of trouble... in fact, i was about to eat, care for something...?" he asked, pulling something out of his side bag.

"Hm?" Hinata looked around suddenly upon hearing the voice, blinking at the lone exam candidate, then slowly shook her head. "Ah, no thank you. I really can't take good from an exam candidate I'm afraid, but thank you very much for the offer" She took another glance around, not spotting anyone else in the area. "Hm....that's odd.....I thought....I was sure I heard someone in trouble....did you see or hear anything around here?" She glanced back to the boy, noticing he did seem a little older than her.....odd for someone so old to be taking the Chuunin exams...still...it wasn't unheard of.

"Someone else?" he said, looking at her, seeming to scan her a bit with his eyes,"Nope... just me here..." he said as he pulled out a few things to eat,"You sure you don't want anything? I've got plenty to spare..." he said, trying to look friendly. He had learned how bloodthirsty his father had been, so he was trying to keep his image different. His eyes looked into hers, seeing the grey pupiless spheres,"Wow... beautiful eyes..." he said, starting to pull off the bandages around his mouth so he could eat.

"I could've sworn I heard something.....someone in trouble....." She sighed and shook her head, glancing around. "Must've been an echo from somewhere else....one of the other proctors should be seeing to it...." She shrugged and looked back to Ryu, then smiled and shook her head once again. "Really, I'm fine, I ate before the exam" She smiled, then blinked and suddenly found herself blushing slightly at the comment on her eyes from this handsome older boy. "Oh...well thank you...." Hinata rubbed the back of her head shyly, then turned to go. "Well I'd better be going, I have to get back to work"

He gave a soft sigh,"Hmmm... well... this is dissapointing..." he said as he looked at her,"I figured since I wouldn't make it into the finals... I could at least have lunch with a pretty girl..." he said as he took a bite of a rice ball,"Oh well... guess today just isn't my day..." he said as he closed his eyes sofly, leaning against a tree stump as he ate. He knew he was taking a longshot with such a corney line, but, he figured he'd played it off well enough.

"Well...." Hinata bit her lip, feeling a pang of guilt over his reaction....he didn't seem too confident about his chances in the exam, and with an attitude like that he probably would fail. Maybe the least she could do was cheer him up a little bit before any further disappointment. "Well.....I suppose just a little bite, but I really can't stay long....I need to do my duties as a Proctor after all" She smiled slightly to the older boy, moving over beside him.

He nodded softly, handing her a bit of food. He had added a few things to the food, he wasn't affected by it, but knew she would be. He gave a soft smile, without his wrappings, he looked almost normal. Of course, he had the trademarked mist fish look, looking like a shark a bit, but not as much as would make him look unnatural. He ate a bit of sushi, offering her a bit,"So... you're a proctor?" he said with a bit of curiousity in his voice,"You seem so young though..." he said with a smile.

Hinata slowly sat down opposite the boy, returning his smile as she took the food. She had to admit, it smelt good, and she was getting rather hungry....and someone preparing food like this for her was a lot better than having to catch and prepare her own meal, especially in this forest. "Ah, yes I'm a Proctor, I know I seem young but.....I suppose the Hokage thought I was suitable for the job right?" She smiled once more, taking a small bite of the food. "Mm, it's good, thank you" She took another small bite, eating only little pieces at a time.

He chuckled a bit,"No problem..." he said as he moved, laying back a bit and looking up. It was rather late in the evening, and you could see the stars almost perfectly. He closed his eyes softly, thinking of his home, and how he wished he was there. He opened his eyes softly and looked over at her,"You know... I don't see you as the ninja type..." he said softly,"No offense or anything... but you seem a little too... I dunno... submissive..." he said, not trying to offend her or anything.

"Ah....a lot of people say that....including my father....but....I work hard and I like to think I make a good ninja" Hinata looked up at him and smiled softly, taking a few more bites of her food. "This is good food, did you prepare it yourself? It has a few spices on it I've never tasted before, but they're good" She nodded, taking a few more bites, eating a little more quickly now. She was clearly more hungry than she'd been willing to let on, and was clearly enjoying the food.

He chuckled a bit, watching her eat. He knew she'd be starting to feel it soon, with how much she was eating,"Well... I had some help..." he said as he ate some more,"It's a special recipe that my father came up with... works wonders..." he said as he yawned softly, laying back a bit and staring up at the sky. He knew that once the food was gone, she'd be a lot different, the spices and herbs ment to bring out the side of you that you wished you could be.

"Oh? Your father helped you make this?" Hinata smiled softly, her mind wandering briefly to her own father. Things had started to get better between them not so long ago, after her first entry into the Chuunin exams, but in the last few months everything seemed to have started slipping away again. Her father had been getting more and more like his old self, once more pushing Hinata and Neji away, throwing all his effort into raising Hanabi to be the next head of the Hyuuga clan.....Hinata couldn't help but sigh, taking another bite of her food, about halfway through what he had given her now. "Ah, I couldn't trouble you for some water or something to drink to go with this could I?"

He smiled a bit, moving and grabbing a bit of water,"Here..." he said, handing her a cup. He knew it would only be a bit of time. He yawned softly,"My father isn't around anymore..." he said softly, closing his eyes,"He went rogue... a few years ago... and died..." he said as he laid back, looking up into the sky. It was starting to grow dark, and he knew he'd have to find someplace to sleep for the night.

"Oh.....I'm so sorry to hear that...." Hinata nodded slightly, then took a sip of the water. She figured it would probably be best to try and steer the conversation away from his father before the boy seemed to get too depressed. "So.....do you think you're doing well in the exams so far?" She smiled and took another bite of the food, blinking as she felt just slightly odd...but she dismissed it as tiredness. She knew she wouldn't be able to get any sleep tonight, she still had to keep an eye on the exams after all.

He shrugged softly,"Meh, pretty good... I'm just not that good at this whole thing." he said as he stretched a bit,"I mean... not like the ones I hear about from here." he said, trying his best to sound like he had no confidence. He let his eyes look her over a bit, noticing the different curves on her body, the way her hair shone a bit in the sun. He couldn't wait to see the type of change that would happen in her, he knew it would be fun.

"Oh you shouldn't put yourself down so much.....it doesn't help you believe me" Hinata knew only too well how it felt to have no confidence in yourself. For so long she had felt the same way.....it hadn't been until Naruto came along that she had finally managed to find some confidence in herself. "Besides, a handsome man like you should be more confident..." She smiled, then blinked and suddenly blushed. Where had that come from? She never said things like that out loud....and yet....it had just come out and felt so natural as it did....it seemed the food was indeed starting to take effect on the girl, starting to finally wear away the years of mental defences she had built up around herself.

He let an eyebrow raise as she blushed,"What was that?" he asked softly, acting as though he hadn't heard her. He could tell that she was starting to become more effected by the food, and knew it would only be a matter of time,"Anyways... it doesn't matter... I mean, it's not like a guy like me could get any kind of lucky in this world..." he said as he laid back, stretching under the sun a bit, his shirt lifting to reveal a set of six pack abs,"I'm only good at fighting and killing..." he said as he closed his eyes.

"Oh um...I um....it....it was nothing really...." Hinata quickly took a sip of her drink, then looked down at her food, eating a little more quickly as she tried to hide her deep blush. God she couldn't believe she had said such a thing.....though as she finished eating, she looked up at him and her blush deepened as she saw his muscles. "Oh um.....well....ninja need to be good at fighting....but....it doesn't mean you can't be good at other things. I'm sure....I'm sure you're very very talented in a lot of ways....maybe ways you don't even know about....I mean....isn't there something you love doing? Or something you've always wanted to try but were scared you'd be no good at...?" Hinata just couldn't stop herself....she was talking a lot more than she usually would....normally she would've left by now....after all she had a job to do...but....she just found herself feeling so strange...

He sighed gently as he looked up softly,"Well... I'm not too good at much... besides just fighting..." he said as he curled up a bit, closing his eyes gently. He was getting a bit tired of waiting for her to make the first move, but knew it would happen eventually. He opened his eyes a bit,"I've never been good at anything besides that... I mean, even when I was young... I just fought and fought and fought..." he said as he looked over at her a bit.

((I thought he was going to take advantage of her altered state and rape her?))

Hinata smiled and moved a little closer as he spoke, setting down the empty dish from her food. "Oh come on, that's really not true....I'm sure there are all kinds of things you're good at..." She reached over to gently rub his arm, trying to comfort him, something she never would've done before. "You just need to try something else....something new.....try and do something you've absolutely always wanted to do"

He smiled softly as he looked over at her,"That sounds like a good idea..." he said as he moved a bit closer to her, looking gently into her eyes,"Well... there is something I've always wanted to try..." he said as he moved his head, just inches from hers as he looked into her eyes,"I've always wanted to try... this..." he said as he moved forward, placing a soft, yet a bit passionate kiss on her lips as his hand slowly found hers, holding it softly.

Hinata squeaked as he suddenly leaned in to kiss her, going rigid for a few moments. Normally she would've pulled away instantly but....she was hesitating...and after a moment she found herself leaning in just a little, almost returning the kiss, but at the last moment she did finally pull back, face as bright a shade of red as it could become. "I.....I'm flattered but.....I'm really not.....you're a very nice boy but I'm not....I mean I don't...."

Back
Top Bottom