Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any Alluring Apparitions: Ghost's Picture Prompts and Current Obsessions

ALewdGhost

Naughty Spoop
Pretty Pictures, Special Cravings and Assorted Hyperfixations
Introduction and Image-Prompts
Hello, you fine people!

So, this request-thread is going to be a bit different and before you read any further or message me, I'd gently nudge you to read my Main-Request-Thread, because it tells you a lot about me as a writer, my kinks, limits and all that important stuff.

Done? Great. Now, here's the deal:
I'm a visual thinker and like to use reference pics (drawn or photo) for my characters. And while searching for those pics, I often stumble over...well...other images, that make me go "Oooh! I have to use that in a roleplay some day!"
And then I never do. Maybe I can't quite come up with a fitting plot or maybe I don't find a partner, that finds them as appealing as I do...Which leads to my hard drive flowing over with never-used, mint-condition images for characters that never came to be.

Which is kinda bothering me.

So, I decided to rework a bit how this whole Image-prompt thing should work. So instead of just throwing images at people, in the vague hope that they have a good idea, let's try something else:

1. Pick 1-3 (since that is my usual comfort-zone, as to how many characters I generally can manage in any given roleplay) potential faceclaims for my character(s) from the list below.
2. Pick 1-3 (ideally the same number as above) potential faceclaims for your character from the list, that is below the list below
3. Give me some Genres, you'd be interested (crime, drama, horror, etc...), as well as some General Themes and Kinks, you'd like to include in the story, as well as your Limits.
4. If you have a first plot seed, you can add that as well, otherwise we can see, if we can come up with something together.

Potential Faces for My Character:
Nr. 1 - Nr. 2 - Nr. 3 - Nr. 4 - Nr. 5 - Nr. 6 - Nr. 7 - Nr. 8 - Nr. 9
Potential Faces for Your Character:

Nr. 1 - Nr. 2 - Nr. 3 - Nr. 4 - Nr. 5 - Nr. 6 - Nr. 7 - Nr. 8 - Nr. 9
Assorted Cravings and Obsessions
In addition to the images above, I thought I might use this here thread to also store some particular cravings, hyper-fixations and obsessions, so that my whims don't clog up my main-thread.

Episodic Paranormal Detective Drama?

As it says on the tin: I'm craving some supernatural horror/thriller/crime/drama. A gruff cop or private investigator, maybe with a bit of a neo-noir-vibe, who's investigations lead him to some dark places and into the machinations of supernatural, eldritch forces (I'd like to stay away from too overdone tropes like ghosts, vampires and werewolves though). And some personal drama sprinkled in for good measure (what good noir-detective doesn't have a messy divorce and a light drinking problem?)

As for formalities, I think something episodic, a bit monster-of-the-week-like would work quite well, maybe following the old TV-show tradition of a more supernatural A-plot and a B-plot more focused on the personal drama. Obviously, a story like that would include probably a few (recurring) side-characters, so a willingness to take on some of those, as well as the occasional human and non-human bad guys would be ideal.
(A switch-writer, who'd be open to some darker and/or weirder kinks and maybe the occasional non-straight pairing would also be appreciated, but is by no means mandatory!)

And to get back to my original idea of picture prompts, here a few character ideas for a setting like this:

Urban Horror with a Retro-Flair
Again more a general mood, than a plot:
I've been craving something with a bit of a semi-lovecraftian, eldritch horror-vibe, ideally set in a large city with a bit of that grunge-y 80s/90s-flair. Grimey streets, seedy video-rentals, stuffed subways and a generous amount of urban decay and decadence.
Something with a vibe similar to "The Midnight Meat Train", "8mm" or the like, maybe with a smattering of Hellraiser (at least the first one, the sequels went into...weird directions) or the setting of the TTRPG KULT (if you're familiar with the latter, please drop me a message!)

It Stays in the Family
(cw: Incest, Morally Dubious Relationships, Unhealthy Coping-Mechanisms, Difficutl Family-Dynamics)

So this idea is a bit more specific:
MC is a young trans-woman, who has grown a bit estranged from her family, especially her parents. They weren't actively abusive or dismissive, but have certainly been a bit distanced since her coming-out. That and the general stress of moving away for college and struggling with her identity has led her to a rather unhealthy coping mechanism: Random Hook-Ups with older strangers, since scratching her daddy-issues that way is at least a twisted shadow of the wholesome father-daughter-relationship she never got...
During a family reunion/wedding/funeral, she meets a few people from her extended family again for quite some time, including her uncle, who has always been the "cool, worldly uncle", who turns out to be the most supportive of the bunch. Regardless, after a rather unpleasant dinner, she resorts to her trusted coping mechanisms, fires up her sleazy, quick hook-up app and makes her way to the nearest bar, to meet up with some guy she can call "Daddy", who'll fuck her brains out.
But unbeknownst to her, her uncle too has made his way to the same bar, to escape his stuffy relatives...And he just managed to overhear her little escapade and decides to confront her about it. If he's a genuinely good guy, or a bit of a sleazy pervert who'd like to get into his niece's pants (or a mix of both) would be up for discussion...
Either way, other the course of the event (and afterwards) the two grow a lot closer...After all, better keep it in the family and hook up with a guy who even looks a lot like her father (and actually maybe cares a bit about her), than some random stranger, right?
The details here are of course up for discussion, as is the general tone as to how wholesome their relationship turns out to be.
Alternatively, I could also see that plot work without the incest, replacing the uncle with an older gentleman, who happens to run across her, but that's something up for discussion.

A Modern Khan
So, one of the odd ideas that recently popped up in my history-nerd brain was: What if the Mongol Empire just kept going? Which spawned this idea:

It's the year 20XX and the descendants of Genghis Khan rule most of Europe, Asia and North Africa (at least the continental parts, the mongols don't have a stellar track record when it comes to boats). And over the centuries, most people got used to their benevolent overlords, since the mongols never really cared about the internal affairs of their subjects, as long as they kept the trade going and the tribute coming. International trade is doing great and the capital is not only the biggest city in the world, but also the most multi-cultural and open-minded. There is a place for everybody, provided that place is somewhere at the feet of the Great Khan.

One cherished, but slightly controversial tradition is, of course, the Khan's Harem. Be it as part of their tribute, a (more or less) voluntary gift, or even as volunteers, a whole palace, that wood make the Playboy Mansion look like a humble bachelor's pad, is set aside for the beautiful women (or men...or something inbetween, depending on the current ruler's preferences) at the Khan's disposal.
And while being part of someone's harem obviously has some downsides, for some it's a quite tempting prospect. Not only does it offer a life of lavish luxury (and, in the modern days of mostly reliable birth control and paternity tests, also a bit more freedom than in the olden days) but also access to the most powerful men on the planet....

So, despite this being quite literally a harem-set-up, I'd love to keep an equal balance between plot and smut here and dabble in some drama, political intrigue and the like, preferably involving multiple characters on each side, instead of just focusing on the Khan boinking all the girls in his yard. And as hinted at above, I wouldn't mind at all making said harem a bit more inclusive in terms of gender.
So if that sounds like an idea you'd be interested in and would like to flesh out this weird setting, feel free to drop me a message!

Sex, Drugs, Urban Grit and Fangs
Usually, I'm not big on pre-made settings, but due to some recently consumed media, I'd really love something set in the setting of Vampire: The Masquerade.
Not much of a plot in mind here, but starting with the complicated, mildly unhealthy relationship between a vampire and their recently turned ghoul, while maneuvering the dangers of the World of Darkness could be interesting.

SciFi-Slice-of-Life-Adventure
**Major Craving**

Not the most inspired title, I know, but I've just started to watch "The Orville", which has kind of rekindled my love for SF.

And spawned a bit of an idea: A futuristic, semi-utopian setting (Think Star Trek), but instead on focusing on the noble, heroic and flawless heroes of the space fleet, we tell the tale of the odd balls. The crew of a small ship, where the fleet dumps everyone, who's track record isn't bad enough to warrant disciplinary action, but not good enough to trust them with anything important.
While I'm not against some action and adventure, I'd rather lean into the personal drama on board of a ship, staffed with generally good, but maybe a little bit dodgy and difficult characters. Although in a long-term story, it might be fun to throw them, through some twist of fate (maybe a sudden large-scale conflict?) into the first row and let that charming bunch of misfits prove, that they can be heroes too! (Kinda...sorta...)

That's again rather vague, but if that general idea sounds interesting, I'd be happy to throw some ideas around!

Alt-History Dystopia
So....I really like alternative history-scenarios. And while "What if the Nazis won WW2?" is probably one of the more...basic ones, I've rarely seen that premise done particularly....well.
Mostly, those plots either get tangled up in some very basic clichés of comically evil Nazi-Scientists or they give off the unpleasant vibe of coming from someone who is a bit too much into it, who neglects the dystopian flavour of it all.
But I find the idea nonetheless morbidly intriguing. What if the Nazis (and their allies, who always seem to fall off the table) had won? And how long and how well would that victory hold?
Contrary to popular belief (which their own propaganda worked really hard on), the Nazis weren't as much the unified, disciplined death-machine they're often portrayed as, but more a mess of an organization, led by corrupt lunatics, barely held together by the hateful screeching of a failed artist, masquerading as an ideology. Not exactly the stuff, empires are built out of.
Admittedly, this is a bit a shot in the dark, but if something plot- and worldbuilding-heavy, with probably some dark and heavy topics does sound interesting to you, I'd be more than happy to hear from you! (Even if just to talk about how bad The Man in the High Castle was...^^')

Last edited:
Aaaand a new, very vague prompt....Now with Iced Tea, Barbecue and Oppression!

Giving this another little bump.
Particularly interested in the current craving (and to a lesser extent the older ones)

Added a new prompt and some connected character ideas!
(Finally some actual image-prompts again^^')

Back
Top Bottom