Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mass Effect: Pilgrimage (Survivor00 & Romantic[Dream])

Dancers were revered. That meant that because Tali only dabbled, by averaging in the skills of her race, whom likely had adapted well to dancing, considering it was part of their culture... Tali would rock the dance floor. Shepard was no point of comparison though. She wasn't a great dancer. She just kind of swayed.

"Of course. It's not too hard to get a hold of." Shepard walked the short distance to Flux and nodded to the bouncer, who simply nodded back. She'd gotten involved in a gambling scam earlier and fixed a hacked terminal, so she had it in well with the owners. And one of the bartenders, after convincing one of their sisters to stop doing undercover work in Chora's Den. She got around. Help-wise that was.

The music was thumping as they got in, rattling the floor. The dance floor was directly to the right, and the bar area was to the front of them, with a large window looking over the Citadel. Upstairs was the gambling machines. "What do you think, Tali?" She asked, having to raise her voice a little to get over the music.

Tali could hear the music well before the reached Flux, the bass thumping even before they reached the club's entrance. At first, she believed that there was going to be some trouble about her entering the club, but Shepard got them both in without even having to say a word to the bouncer. The human must have had a much higher influence than she expected. The music engulfed them both, flowing through her.

"I love it, Shepard!" She called back. Even though she knew the human's first name, she did not think she was on a good enough basis that she could refer to the human by her first name. The young quarian was unable to contain how excited she was.

Shepard nodded with that tiny smirk on the corner of her lips as she leaned over next to the bartender. It was a guy she hadn't talked to before. She talked quietly with him a little, and Tali wouldn't hear her, but she didn't care who heard her. It was a conversation about music after all. As she got the information, she nodded and thanked the man, and even slipped him a few credits for the information. He'd been helpful.

"All right Tali! I've got the information I need. I can pick up the music when I next find a store that supplies it." She bobbed her head lightly to the music, just determined to relax. They had a while after all. "Want to go dance? It's not exactly Quarian grace out there, but there's no pressure to dance well. Kind of like exercise, really."

Tali stood and quietly observed the establishment as Shepard went and talked to the bartender. There were so many different species! Asari, turians, salarians, humans...this was the true melting pot of the Citadel. The music pulsed loudly around her, the vibrations running up her feet. Such a wonderful place...

She jumped slightly when she heard Shepard suddenly talking beside her, looking over at the human. She was surprised at how laid-back she was, considering the circumstances, but she was even more surprised when the human asked her if she wanted to dance. She blinked, looking at her in confusion for a moment. "Shepard, I..." The quarian wondered exactly what was Shepard was doing, but after a moment, she seemed to relax, her posture loosening and she chuckled softly. "Alright, Commander."

She wasn't the best at dancing, but she had picked up some things from observing the dancers on the Rayya.

"Come on then!" She called out, looping an arm around the Quarian's waist. Perhaps that was a little forward. Still, it was for the good of the girl that she relaxed and grew confident. Also, they needed to bond. What better way than by sharing in an act that Quarians had great respect for. Even if neither of them were great at it, it would still be fun.

She just bobbed a little at first, picking up the beat as they got on the edge of the dance floor. Of course, Tali's body and visor looked fantastic in the glowing lights. It just seemed to work right. She shifted back and forth a little as she faced the Quarian, her arms were raised at her sides. She had enough rhythm to at least stay in the beat, but she didn't have any fun moves. Most people at Flux didn't.

Tali gasped softly as Shepard slipped her arm around her waist and nearly swept her towards that dance floor. She stood awkwardly for a moment, watching as Shepard bobbed and swayed in full Alliance combat armor, with her weapons still mounted on her armor's hardpoints. She would be lying if she said she didn't find it a little bit funny to watch. She wasn't the only one who seemed to notice either, and she wondered softly what people would have to say when this was all over.

Tali slowly began to sway her hips with the music, sashaying closer to Shepard, before slipping away, her slender body dipping seductively. She felt odd, but it was strangely enjoyable, and she smiled at Shepard from behind her mask, letting the beat pulse through her.

Shepard could really do much outside of her bob and sway. It was all she had. Like the guy in the corner who was doing the dice thing too much. But she did get a good look at Tali's dancing. And she had some sway to those hips. Her assumption about her race being naturally great dancers was more than correct. "Wow, Tali... You're much better at dancing than you let on. If you're only as good as you say you are, your people must really know some moves..."

Tali spun around gracefully, bending back to the limits that her suit would let her, which was still pretty far by human standards. She blushed at Shepard's remark, straightening herself out again to look the human in the eyes. "Thank you, Shepard..." She trilled, still moving, although softer, subtler, allowing her to talk while still dancing. "Not all quarians are as skilled...I am still far from 'professional', but it is something I enjoy doing. Ever since I was small."

She looked back at the entrance to Flux, asking softly, "How much time do we have left before we must see the Council?" She asked, not wanting to get the Commander in trouble.

Shepard couldn't help but watch. If she looked awkward in her military armor, Tali's display of flexibility and grace made nobody even remember Shepard was there. She barely remembered she was there. Tali was stealing the dance floor. "Not enough to keep dancing too much longer. We need to go make our case." Shepard let out a long breath and waved Tali off the dance floor as she got off it as well.

Fun as it was, dealing with Saren was more worthwhile.

Tali nodded, slipping off the dance floor and walking alongside Shepard once again. She was not exactly looking forward to seeing the Council, even from a distance. Their relationship with the quarians as a whole was rather...strained. It was they who had stripped her species of its Citadel facilities. Many believed that even if the Council changed their mind, the quarians would still be unwilling to work with them for some time. Tali felt pride at her species independence, but knew sadly that it came with a price.

They got into the transport and found themselves at the Council building in no time at all. Shepard was clearing her mind a little, trying to make sure she kept her calm and dignity in front of the Council. They did things differently than humans would. Humans were more passionate, more ready to take action, be it reckless or not. When they stepped off, the Captain of the Normandy was there.

"C'mon Shepard. They're starting the meeting."

Tali was silent for the transport ride to the Citadel Tower, looking around the expansive room that probably dwarfed a small starship. So much wasted space - a hundred families could have lived here. She watched as Shepard seemed to cool, becoming more focused, a force that would have to be reckoned with in combat. As they departed the transport, she saw Captain Anderson awaiting them. The Alliance Captain looked at both of them, and Tali slid back, staying a few steps behind Shepard, hoping to stay out of the prying eyes of the Council.

"Good luck, Shepard." She spoke quietly.

The Ambassador was already in there, talking with the council. It sounded heated. Then again, it was the Ambassdor talking. If he didn't sound like a douche bag every time he opened his mouth, he wouldn't be the Ambassador. As mush as Shepard hated to admit it, his way of 'negotiating' probably pushed through a lot more policies his way than someone like an Elcor. Not that the Elcor weren't fantastic speakers, it was just that it took a really keen eye, and nose, to catch the passion behind their words.

"Eden Prime was a major victory." The Saren clip. They had to accept this. “The beacon has brought us one step closer to finding the conduit.”

"This is most unsettling evidence."

"You have no choice, you need to pull Saren's Spectre status. Right now he could be halfway to the Traverse!"

"I fear he may be right."

Tali watched from a distance, hearing the human Ambassador barking his words to the Council. He was intimidating - if not rather crude - but she would not want to get into an argument with him. She heard the audio file that she had found being played for the Council, the words echoing throughout the chamber, more than likely turning a few heads. If Saren had his Spectre status revoked, it would make apprehending him much easier, but would they send another Spectre after him? Would they leave it in the hands of C-Sec, or the Alliance?

She looked up the stairwell towards Shepard, standing there stiffly at attention. The human woman made her curious, and if there was one thing that got to her, it was her curiosity.

"Saren will have his Spectre Status revoked."

"We need to send somebody after him."

"Saren will be a dangerous opponent. We can't just send a fleet after him. We don't have the resources. However, a Spectre could."

"All Spectres are on assignment."

"I'll go after Saren." Shepard stood forward, standing stiff and straight. "I had contact with the beacon too. I'll know best what he's trying to do. I can go after him. I can stop him."

"Hmm... Troubling..."

"She's right. She could be the only one that can help right now. Shepard..."

The ambassador stepped back as the three council members stood up. Shepard stepped forward, to the edge of the walkway.

"From here on, you are no longer a member of the Alliance Military. As a Spectre, you will serve a higher purpose. You will answer only to us. You will enforce the law, and protect all people, by any means necessary. Your first task will be to track down and stop Saren. Congratulations, Shepard. You're now a Spectre, and have access to special training and equipment reserved only for those few who accept this calling."

Tali realized that she was watching history being made when they heard the Council announce that Shepard would become a Spectre, the first human Spectre at that. She knew that the Council was not taking this decision lightly; it was something that would echo throughout all Citadel Space. She smiled, though, proud of the human. She knew that if anyone could hunt down and stop Saren, Shepard would be that someone.

Captain Anderson seemed to approve of this as well, silently nodding at the Councilâ??s decision. Ambassador Udina seemed to be wearing a much lessâ?¦appreciative look, seeming like he had finally heard something he had been waiting too long to hear.

But the Council had only heard half of the recording, data that could help them in their search. But she dared not speak and interrupt.

"There's more information in the evidence." Shepard played the recording again and let it keep going, there was a female voice.

((I forgot the rest... XD Sorry for crap-posting))

"I'll just have to deal with her too..." Shepard seemed perhaps a little overconfident, but really, she felt there was no way she could fail. Because failing meant that everyone would die.

Shepard walked out of the council room with a lot on her mind. As she stepped down the steps, the Ambassador and Captain were there at her side, doing a vast majority of the talking.

"Congratulations, Shepard. I knew you'd make it." The Captain was more enthusiastic than the Ambassador. The Ambassador was always a dick. "Listen, I'll meet you back at the Normandy when you're ready to take off. Now that Saren's Spectre status has been revoked, he will have to be more careful. So I want you to take some time to relax and calm down a little. Celebrate. It'll help you wind down."

"Yes, Captain."

"Shepard." The AmbASSador. "Don't forget, you're still a human. How you act will now reflect on all of us doubly, because as a Spectre you're going to be much more well known. Got it?"

"Yes, Ambassador."

Both men split off, both needing to do their own things. Captain was going to inform the Normandy most likely. And the Ambassador was probably going to shout it out from the rooftops so that within the next five minutes every human knew they had a Spectre.

Tali was surprised by the raw conviction she heard in Shepardâ??s voice as she promised to deal with the asari matriarch. She knew that an asari of that age would be an incredibly powerful Biotic, probably capable of breaking someone without even needing to lay a finger upon them. She only hoped that Shepard knew what she was doingâ?¦

She stayed to the sidelines as Captain Anderson and Ambassador Udina talked to the first Human Spectre, folding her arms lightly over her chest as she leaned against the wall. Waiting until the other humans had left, she pushed away and walked over to Shepard, nodding her head.

â??Congratulations, Shepard.â? She spoke firmly, â??This should make our pursuit of Saren that much easier.â?

"Thanks Tali. It's not going to be easy though. Saren's likely already on the run. He'll be out of the Traverse, and out of council territory, before we can find him. At least in all likelihood."

She started walking away from the council room and the other humans. "If you want, you can come with me to C-Sec. I can get access to Spectre-only equipment there. You might find something that can help us deal with the Geth. You would know them better than I would."

"Spectre-Only? Shepard, that equipment must be incredibly expensive, are you sure that you would have enough to even purchase it?" Tali questioned, walking alongside the human as they headed away from the Council platform. "I would not say no to that offer, Commander, but do not feel you must go out of your way for me. I am quite efficient in combating the Geth on my own." She said with a smile to her voice.

Back
Top Bottom