Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Resurrection of the Lytch King 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theris

Star
Today's the day, or so the guards have been saying. You all have been imprisoned for the last few months, in small cells, as you await the day of your individual trials. The men have made it clear that the trial is just for show, a demonstration for the masses and nothing more. Today, you are being moved to the City of Vazina, border city of the Kingdom of Carthage, where you will stand trial for your crimes. They take you down from your cells, and load you into an iron reinforced carriage, manicals placed around your wrists and attached to the door, forcing your arms up when the door opens, and letting them down when it closes. Satisfied the guards set out, eight of them in total, two on horses in-front of the wagon, two on the wagon proper, two at the rear, and one on either side.

They set out and travel all day, only stopping once to feed you, a horrible mixture of gruel. They stop again as the sun descend, though they do not open the wagon, clearly expecting everyone to sleep in the uncomfortable vehicle.

Game Set up and rules * OOC * Character Profiles * Dice Roller

Irlana

The halfling woman was not happy about being in a cart, she hadn't exactly liked her cell but she could at least move around and occassionally chat with the guards - who always seemed to be rotated away for her after a few days.

Although she felt that she might be able to get out of the manacles easily enough where cells were a different prospect she wasn't sure it was worth it - eight guards against herself was not a fight she could win, and while evading them was of course possible that would leave her in the wilderness without any protection. No possibly better to stay put and see the trial through mercy of the court for merely a list of what she might play off as harmless pranks or not her doing at all, unless something better came along to encourage her to move.

She had tried a few knacks to test the security and the bindings had negated them, which indicated more effort than she felt she was worth ... which was a little suspicious.

Looking at the others they were a mixed bag she decided, "so everyone else innocent too?" she queried allowing what might sound like hope to enter her voice, meanwhile she applied her mental powers to herself in case she did choose to or need to escape.

Actions:
She applies Slip Bonds to herself, but does not activate it.

Shackled.

Locked in a cage.

Accused of murdering a family of farmers.

He was guilty, as far as anyone who had been involved in the arrest and his imprisonment was concerned. He'd been found more than a half-day's travel from where the killings had happened, a stranger traveling through lands where strangers weren't trusted, and during questioning by the local constables he'd become impatient with the pointed insinuations and broken a particularly off-putting human's nose and arm. It had been enough for them, and even though they had no evidence that he'd been involved, here he was now, on his way to Vazina to be tried and executed for a crime that nobody could prove he'd actually committed.

The most infurating part of it all for Armauk, other than the other passengers he was sharing this trip with, was being confined not only to the small cell, but being bound to the very wall of the carriage without the ability to move much further than his arms could reach. The green-skined half-orc growled softly as he watched the sun setting, his eyes following the movements of the guards as they worked at making camp.

If he had to spend the entire night chained up like this, he might just go out of his mind. Then the little halfling woman spoke up, and he doubted that it would take an entire night to get him there.

As far as anyone outside of this cage is concerned, we're all guilty. As far as anyone inside the cage is concerned, who gives a shit? It doesn't matter, as long as we're in here.” He shrugged broad shoulders, turning his attention to the halfling and truly sizing her up for the first time since they'd been locked up. It was the first time that she'd mattered enough to be worth the attention all day; now that they weren't moving, he could stop trying to keep track of where they were in relation to Vazina.

From inside the cage, manacled as he was, there wasn't anything that Armauk could do. If he could get beyond the bars and to one of the guards, having a weapon would give him a good chance at defending himself, though eight of them was more than he was confident he could handle alone, even if he had a way of getting out of the cage.

His best chance at surviving would be to fight his way to wherever the guards stored the keys and supplies and then to make his escape into the wilderness around them. There, he was confident that he could elude attention and capture and survive long enough to find his way to another city, where they wouldn't be watching for him and waiting to hang him.

Rebecca grumbled. If she was going to be all tied up it should be the princess doing it. I mean a couple of the guards were cute, sure. But all of them together, couldn't compare to the flawless beauty of the princess.

I am inn..ah. Rebecca started before her nose twitched, her eyes watering. Ah... Ah.. Inno. ACHU! Rebecca sneezed forcibly, her body flexing from the exertion.

The redhead let out an adorable squeal of frustration. Innocent of any true wrong doing, besides pissing off the wrong people. She started a shrug causing her unsupported large rack to shift noticeably even in the robes. But he's right. She added gesturing to the half orc. If they cared for guilt I doubt any of us would actually be here. She reasoned.

That's when she finally let her eyes wander over to the busty blonde they shared the wagon with. Rebecca felt her gaze crawl over the woman's legs, her hips, the shape of her breasts. She nearly drowned in her cleavage. That's when her nose twitched again. "A... A. ACHU!" She sneezed into her hand, allowing the blonde a wonderful view down her shirt as she bent over. "What about you?" Rebecca added getting lost in the woman's lips and her shining sapphire eyes, blushing she continued. "Are you innocent?"

Melisandre.png

Melisandre Fireflower

Beneath several weaks of dirt and grime, the buxom blond was as tall as she was beautiful. Wrists manacled in front of her only served to emphesise the full glory of her cleavage by pressing her bosom forewards between her arms. Dense muscles only served to emphesise her femenine curves. Wide aquarmarine eyes with saphire rims gazed dreamily off into space. She didn't seem particularly unhappy--or even present--save when gagging at an attempt to force down the gruel.

As the discusion began, she didnt's seem to be paying it any mind, but when the redhead adresesed her, aquamarine eyes languidly focused on her. "Well of course I'm inocent," she said in an a sort of lazy, off hand way. "The girl said yes. Screaed it a few times, really... It's not my fault her father didn't like finding out his daughter had fallen in love with another girl."

She gave a sigh, and then made a dismissive gesture, "I mean, if the girl hadnt' been said no between the first few kisses, her father wouldn't have had a leg to stand on, even if he did have one of the most influencial positions at court..."

She gave a little snicker, "Did you know that? Her father was the man who handed the king his pants every monring. That's the most influencial postion at court!"

The blond gave another little sigh, then looked around. Aqua eyes met the redheads. Then took a slow wander down her body. They moved to the halfling next, favoring her with the same. Then they met the half orc's eyes. For a split second, her eyes started down his chest. Then she gave a flush both angry and aroused. "So," she said casualy, "What's your name, tall man? You look like you could squeeze the life out of a guard with your bare hands.

She looked back at the others. "And you girls? If you can't help us get out of here, I'll accept my payment in kisses. My name's Melisandre Fireflower." She gave a little grin and added, "I'm waiting for the opportune moment."

The guards gather around a fire, built up to provide the group with warmth, save for the poor bastard on first watch, who was sent to stand by the Prison carriage. The young man looked to be in a foul mood, and laughed at the topic that you all had chosen. "Your all guilty, whatever your story. make no mistake, your trials will be little more then a formality, a way for the King to appease the people and let them know that he is a 'just' ruler." he said, sneering at you all. Its clear that he's trying to take his bad mood out on you, especially since it looked like the rest of the guards had taken out a wine skin and were passing it around the fire. He sat at his post, shivering at the cold air, and muttering to himself.

The night was quiet, the silence broken by the crackling of the fire and the antics of the guardsmen around it. It was early October, the time of harvests, and everyone not by a fire was feeling the death of summer. Many of the night time noises that would normally be present were lacking this night, though the sound of the men around their fire more then made up for it. The wind howling out and causing the trees around the camp to crackle and moan in the darkness.

To hear what the guard is muttering about

somethings out there ;)

Irlana

She listened to the others "I disagree most people outside don't know we exist rather than assume we are guilty of anything, or innocent for that matter" she smiled at the red head and the blond as they spoke, at a guess she was less than half the height of anyone else with her and while she had no real personal interest in the man the two woman were both pleasant to review.

Noting the guard she choose to ignore him for a second and grinned at the blonde woman "oh? well I would likely be ever so grateful", she was confident in her own abilities but never hurt to seem helpless in her view, and it was good for getting under peoples skin ... in this case the guard's skin, prisoners enjoying a conversation was likely to annoy him which was funny in itself but sometimes better when it had a potential purpose, and it might depending on how he reacted.

Rolls:
Perception 1: 12
Perception 2: 24

Rebecca for her part also wandered to the window as close to the guard as she could get. And like you don't know people at...at.... A..... ACHU! She sneezed across the wall of the carriage. You've got a trio among you of gorgeous sexy women. The audience sympathy is going to be with us. She pointed out. Maybe not enough to do anything, but no one's going to like seeing us on trial. She continued before her nose twitched again.
A... A... ACHEW! She sneezed into her breasts.

1 Got a 9
2 Got a 12

The halfling was right, of course, in her statement; the vast majority of people in the world neither knew about the existance of a small handful of soon-to-be-convicted criminals nor cared about whether they truly were guilty or not. That distinction wasn't going to do much, if anything, for him at the moment, however, so he didn't bother to respond. Besides, there was a much more interesting conversation happening now; neither the halfling nor the redhead seemed particularly interested in, or interesting to, the half-orc, but when the elf spoke up she caught his attenion relatively quickly.

I am Armauk, and I would love to have that chance,” he said with the corner of his mouth curling up into a vicious smirk. She was still flushed as he looked over to her, but he let that go without comment as he looked away again, over to where the young guard had just come to stand by the mobile cell. “After the first, I could borrow some... tools, to make the rest of the job easier.” He spoke half to the elf and half to himself as he eyed the guard who seemed to be in a bit of an unhappy mood at the moment.

Standing and stretching to his full height, Armauk moved right to the door of the cage and sneered down at the guard.

Did they bother to tell you why I'm here before they sent you to stand guard here alone? I beat a more experienced constable than you so badly that he was left with a broken arm laying in a puddle of blood streaming out of his own nose. It took four of his friends to arrest me...” He spoke with a low growl, even as the sneezy redhead attempted an argument of her own.

Whatever the others were up to, he wanted to be ready whenever the elf decided her opportune moment had come... and hopefully he could rattle the guard a bit, or outright provoke him.

Rolls
Perception 1- 6
Perception 2- 18
Intimidate- 11

The blond cocked her head at the guard, arching a brow curiously. “You don't like the king very much, do you? Why did you join the army when you hate the king?”

She glanced around, and then let her eyes flutter dreamily shut as she listened to the wind. Despite the waking dream she always walked in, the blond girl began to test her bonds quietly, especially curious if she thought they would burn... Metal wouldn't, of course, but maybe canvas or leather?

Perception 1: 0
Perception 2: 14

The man's mutterings are to quiet to hear, and are quickly driven away when he lets out a condescending laugh at the words that you throw against him. "You have the looks, but when the charges are brought forth even the lowest of the low will turn up their noses at you" he said, before turning around. Staring at the orc, a cocky grin coming to his face "A big orc like you and all you managed to do was bloody a mans nose and break his arm... I doubt I have anything to worry about" he said, scoffing as he looked Armauk up and down. At Melisandre words he turned his gaze on the woman, "Your right, the pompous prick is a senile old man... but the prince... He's the reason why I'm a part of the guard" he said. He turned and walked away, heading to the front of the carriage, where the horses would be tethered in the morning, and where all your weapons and items were stored. You hear a owl call in the night, not an uncommon occurrence, though the noise is quickly drowned out by the guards around the fire.

Irlana

So they would not be wanted by those seeking carnal pleasure - than implied they would live to be rejected, but also implied torture and that could get messy and prevent living the life she wanted. The body was less important than the mind of course but it was still nice to have legs, arms, tongue, eyes ... she began musing about what someone commited to suffering could do someone and keep them alive, she would not want to be on the receiving end.

Her voice low but still fairly cheerful "so if I manage to leave here at the second guard shift while most sleep and the new guard is tired from drinking - are any of you going to raise an alarm on me?", frankly she wanted them to desire there own freedom rather than merely stay silent, and an agreement of sorts until they were safe - lone halfling in the wild sounded like wolf food to her, but that would have to come from them - maybe some actually wanted to stay and try their luck after all.

Thinking about the half-orc she felt that he had lied or obfuscated to the guard, it didn't seem likely that he got arrested for an unarmed brawl where nobody died - he could likely be very useful but if he was simply naturally violent than he might be a poor traveling companion for someone much weaker than him.

Rolls:
Just in case any of you are planning to lie to her about your intentions when discussing freedom.
Sense motive: 14

Armauk had some ideas about what could be done to a humanoid's body without actually killing them, but he doubted that torture would be waiting for them when they reached Vazina. Prisoners that were tortured before they were brought to trial, or even after they were sentenced, would cost the throne some good will with the public; the crowds didn't have the patience or the stomach for torture and mutilation, they would be calling for a public trial and then a quick, public execution. Here, on the outskirts, far enough away that it would take enough time to organize a pursuit from the city that he would be able to lose himself in the forest would be the best place to make an escape.

Unfortunately, while Armauk's skills would serve him extremely well in the wilderness outside of the cage, they were not going to be much use in getting free from the cage itself. Fortunately, he wasn't the only one thinking about escape.

With a quiet growl at the back of the guard as he stepped away from the wagon, the half-orc watched the man go until he was far enough that he would be outside of easy earshot of the conversation, before looking back to the halfling again. Her assumption about him was mostly right, he might be here because the brawl had convinced the guards that he was the guilty party they were looking for, but he wasn't going to be on trial for embarassing one guard.

“I can't imagine the guards are going to be handing out reprieves or favors for having had their job done for them, so there's no reason I'd be in a hurry to help them out.” Of course, if he thought there might have been enough benefit in it to be worth the effort, he probably would snitch her out in a heartbeat. But he sincerely doubted that the guards would do any less than actually expect it of him and the rest of the prisoners, as if keeping track of themselves was their job.

“This area, at night, could be dangerous for you and them, and I didn't see any of the guards that looked as though they might be experienced trackers, so I figure you've probably got a slightly better chance of avoiding them than you do the predators that live in the area. If you've got enough of whatever trick it is you have up your sleeve, I could help you tip those odds further in your... or our... favor. Having my equipment that they took would help, but I could probably improvise if I had to.” There was no deception or even an attempt at scaring the halfling in his words, they were simply his honest opinion and assessment of the situation as he saw it.

"Hm?" the blond girl arched a brow at the offer. Then she cocked her head. "And people say I don't pay attention? Get me out of these manacles and I can fight unarmed or heal your wounds, call water from nothing and light fires without tinder. Even if we get lucky enough to sneak up and grab our gear without having to fight those men, you'll need me out there."

Rebecca grinned. And you'll need my... my .... Achu! She sneezed into her hand. Help, out there. If we don't find any weapons, my magic will be the only way to hunt for.... for.... She started before nose twitching. F.....Achew! She sneezed on her legs.

For for food. She commented.

The guard comes back around, a wine skin clasped in his hand. he took a deep swig from it before smiling at you all. He gives you all a salute, before taking another swill, when the owl hoots again, though its off pitch. An arrow sprouts from the guards neck, blood and wine spilling over the ground as he fell back, gurgling. At the same time, the sound of a flock of birds descends on the men around the fire, accompanied by the sound of hail striking metal. The guards all sprout feathered shafts and cry out in surprise and agony. several of them go down, as the others rise, blades being drawn free from scabbards, though before the men have the chance to use them a second volley of arrows falls on them. The standing guards quickly fall, laying still around the fire as their blood mingles. The night grows quiet, and for several moments, until the usual night sounds return, the owl hooting one more.

Shadowy figures leave the cover of the trees and make their way into the camp. Several of the descend on the downed guards, steel flashing in the moonlight. The rest quickly rush the door of the wagon, " Quick lads get it open, I want to see that gold!" One of them says. In moments you all hear a click and the door falls open, your arms forced to rise with the weight, and the faces of a dozen scruffy and unwashed men look in. "The fuck?" one of them says the oldest of the lot judging from the grey in his beard. He looks at one of the others, "Fred... you said that this was the one... Where the Fuck are the Taxes then?" he growled out at the other man. "Get them out of there" he yells, stomping away. The other men quickly swarm you, and in a few moments keys are passed around and you are all freed, and dragged out of the wagon. They line you up in front of the older man, who is joined by the others that had gone off the finish off the guards, one of them is a particularly beefy half orc.

The man looks up and down the line "Alight, you lot have a choice... I don't leave witnesses... but I happen to be in need of some more men, expanding the operations and all that... So here's the deal, if you lot can beat Grog here, unarmed, your in" he says, placing his hand on the orcs shoulder, the big beast grinning at you. "Don't worry ladies... I'll be gentle" Grog says, grinning at you all, his yellow tusks on display. The men around you all jeer and whistle. The older man smiles too, " If he beats you, then the rest of us are gonna be having a good time while we... Acclimate you into the gang... and in case your wondering if you can say no... remember, I don't leave witnesses" he says, a dark twinkle in his eye.

Irlana

She was satisfied with how the discussions were going, when the guard returned and it quickly became redundent - at least for now, if they needed to escape the bandits it might be something to consider again.

Faced with her options and a knowing that she would be next to useless in a fair fight she instead decided to make herself seem small and stepped behind the others, "so four of us against him unarmed?" it was a stalling tactic as she scanned the area for weapons that the guards might have dropped, and also focused herself on Grog in case she needed to impact him during the fights "any other rules?".

Actions:
Perception for finding a close unattended weapon: 10

Swift action to focus her Hypnotic Stare on the Grog: Should have a -2 on will saves there is no obvious sign she has used this (the suspect doesn't know unless she lets them).

Things had been going so well, when suddenly they weren't. Or maybe they were, still, just in a different way. Armauk was taken by surprise as the caravan guards suddenly began to experience a bad rash of being dead, but as what appeared to be a bandit group descended upon the caravan, before long it was obvious what was happening. The only thing that remained to be seen was what the bandits would do with the prisoners; depending on what they were here for there were several possible outcomes, a few of which weren't going to be much better than still being locked up in the caravan.

Once all of the guards were dead, the prisoners were quickly unchained... but hardly released... and informed of their 'options' concerning the situation. Armauk had no delusions that he would be found to be quite a bit less 'useful' than the girls if he fought this fight and lost, but if he didn't fight, he had no doubts that they'd kill him anyways.

So, he simply took a breath and curled his hands into fists, eyeing up the half-orc that was going to be their opponent, studying him as he stood up to his full height, ready to fight. Armauk was no brawler, but if a bare-knuckles brawl was what it was going to take to get out of here, at least he knew how to handle himself in a fight.

Action:
Designating Grog as his Studied Target (as a move action, assuming he has the time for that)

Rebecca had stumbled out of the room. Squirming as she realized the filth on the men, imagining them touching her. Standing in front of the other two girls, she threw her arms wide protectively.

A image completely ruined when her nose twitched. "Achu!" She sneezed out forcibly reflexively covering her mouth.

Ready action to ray of frost when combat starts if possible.

Melisandre.png

Melisandre Fireflower

As the bandits put the guards to the sword, mingled stings of empathy and vengeful satisfaction pricked at the oracles heart.

The blond elf's bosom was so bountiful that it swished and jiggled from just normal movement. It might have done fantastic things if she had her heeled boots on—though if she'd had time to don her healed boots, she'd have her armored corset on too!

As the scenario unfolded, the blond's tongue touched her lisp and her eyes half lidded thoughtfully. The daydreamy expression of a girl withotu a care in the world—or the vacant expression of a thoguhtless airhead.

This is annoying. There's not much I can do without my prayer-tokens.

Azure eyes fluttered open suddenly, now quite severe. “No man enjoys my body,” she said severely, “And I claim these girls for my own. If you think you can take them from me....” She pivoted on her right foot, left foot sweeping forwards. Light on her feet, she lifted her back hand high. Her front hand came to just above her chest, palm up, and beckoned, “Come and try it.”

You look around for a weapon, but it the scuffle that killed the guards most of their weapons seem to have been taken, living little more than a few broken arrows in the vicinity. Not having time to search more thoroughly you focus your hypnotic gaze on Grog
(You have plenty of time to study grog)
The other Half orc stands at a full 6' tall, with quite a lot of muscle on his frame, and you can tell that none of it is for show. He seems unhurt for the scuffle with the guards, and has no obvious weapons nearby that he might have been carrying.
You call some of your power to your fingers as those around you tense, ready to strike at the first sign of combat

Grog grins at Melisandre's words, "I'll start with you, pretty thing" he says. Before taking a step forward

Please roll for Initiative ^^

Irlana

She had hoped for a dagger of sword, but a nearby arrow might do she supposed - she didn't intend to wield it personally at any rate.

Initiative (19+2): 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom