Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Find Peace (1×1 w/ Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
"Liona! Liona!!" Ethan pounded his fist on the table, brows furrowed in anger, "Where the hell is my food!?" He was a plump man, not at all the man he once was. Ethan was once a tall proud man with a smile that would light up a room. Now he was only bitter and angry. He and Liona had been married for nearly ten years, since the very day she turned 18. Now their marriage was empty and loveless; when they found out she could bear no children, Ethan began to treat her more and more cruelly as the days passed.

Liona made a noise and sighed softly. "Ethan, dinner will be ready when it is ready, please have some patience.."

"I know, Ethan but please be patient." She said. She sighed softly and looked off at the castle high up on the hill.

Word had gotten out that the baron who recently took rule from his father was throwing a ball for everyone in the area. No real invite except for his word. She longed to go, and with the date soon approaching, she hoped she would have the freedom to go.

"Liona!!" Ethan was screaming again, and this time he actually grabbed her and shook her, "Dinner! Now!"

"Etha-" she sighed and nodded, moving to dish up a massive portion for him, and comparatively, much less for her. "Yes, dear.."

He fell silent after that before grumbling and eating quietly. At least he won't complain for a while.

She picked at her food for a while before trying to think of a way to bring up the ball. "So.. there's a ball.. at the Baron's soon.." she said

"No." He said flatly, "We don't have the money and I won't have someone else flaunt their wealth in my face."

"Well.. I.. I have saved up.. I figured.. I would leave you some coin for the pub since you like their food better and.. I would go..?" She asked.

He gave a grunt of approval before returning to his food. Afterward, he got up and went to bed, leaving her to clean up by herself. All the while, the palace on the hill shimmered with a welcoming light.

She sighed and cleaned up. The wedding band was there, but the marriage was a lie. No love. Nothing. For a while, she had blamed herself. Now, there was no more happiness, so there was no sadness either. Void of emotion, she eventually cleaned up his mess and left for the market.

There were women chittering away about the ball, how they couldn't wait and were excited to meet the baron. Maybe she could go after he went to bed? After he fell asleep, a stampede of horses couldn't wake Ethan.

"Hello, Liona.." Roberts greeted. Roberts was a nice enough merchant, always polite to the ladies who perused his wares, "You gonna go to this ball thing, too?"

He made a face, "Fair. But let's be honest here, hun, he hasn't been happy in years...and I'm not saying it's any of your doing! He just lost his spark.."

"He seems to have plenty around other women.. I'm not sure.. I want to but.. I.. I don't know.." she said.

"You should go.." He said gently, "I hate seeing you so miserable...I'll tell Ethan you came with me as my guest."

Back
Top Bottom