Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[DnD 5e] Homebrew high fantasy fun in Etindra!

StarSiren

Super-Earth
You may post your character's name, race, class and backstory here.

You may also link to your mythweavers character sheet or copy the details from the Rules thread and leave the filled out form here. This way everyone knows who is in the party.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1337271

This is Marius a tiefling who was raised on the streets, and a redistributor of wealth, a charlatan and con artist by trade, But a often the most cynical are the most hopeful in this world.

Marius Image

~~~

(I always write my backstories in first person I find them easier to pen this way)

I suppose if you have to know my lifes story than I can oblige, but I'm a story teller by trade so some of it could be... a little exaggerated the mundane reality of a poor mans day to day is really too boring to put up here, and I doubt you lot care about the exact when and where of it all. My story really isn't all that interesting, it begins and ends with two different women, and there may have been five or six others in between them.

The first is my mother, a woman of... questionable wisdom and judgement, I'm afraid at times that can run in the family. She was a human women women, low born, and with a rebellious streak. It was really only a matter of time before she wound up at the feet of a cult.

Now when I say a cult I don't mean something from the bastion of the demon lord, no those fools would have been competent, this was more like a bunch of cloaked idiots in a basement speaking words they didn't understand and attempting rituals they could never have fathomed, I doubt any of them actually believed that they could pull forth a creature from another plane, let alone actually succeed, but hey they had a cute girl now, why not try and do the whole bride of the devil thing?

and of course when it actually did work, and the smoke settled, my mother in all her glorious wisdom had no problem doing the act with an actual extraplanar creature. See we all know where tieflings come from, but usually it's a few generations passed, new blood is so rare, and the children born of those things tend to be more than a little cursed or off putting.

My father having done his work vanished from my mothers life with nary a sending spell the next day. Leaving a woman who would become very pregnant and very alone over the next few months. I was raised in part among those cultists, at least until my mother got some common sense and attempted to escape with me.

We ran as far as we could go, which really was fine, like I said this cult was incompetent and small, my mother was often far too paranoid for her own good about it always thinking that someone would come along to try and collect me for whatever purposes they had. By now they were probably worshiping some other false god, or you know... dead.

New emerald city was my home, though I grew up in the poorer regions to be sure. My mother never really recovered from her night with a fiend, and was too weak for hard labor, she did find a job eventually one that let her lay on her back, and provided for her son as best as it could.

Me on the other hand while I may have been the spawn of a fiend, i had the voice of an angel. When I was 16, I met the man who would change my life. An old blind busker on the side of the road who played a broken lute wonderfully. Most people ignored him, but me, I found a companion someone who couldn't see me, and at the same time had a talent I could learn from.

That along with my voice made us a lot of gold busking from place to place, but he also ran a side business. That man taught me how to take one mans broken watch, and hawk it with incredibly stories. It didn't matter what we sold really, with a few words he could make some worthless dagger glow, and then before it ever wore off we would hawk it and walk away richer men for it.

It's around this time in my twenties that i really hit my stride, free of my mother, free of mentor, the city was mine to pillage, though everything I did was of questionable morals I assure you it was always within the letter of the law. A person like me stepping out of the law usually resulted in getting beat down.

It's also around this time that I found I had this insatable weakness for the other gender, and women came and went like the gold in my purse. Often because of the gold. I'd drink with thieves, sleep with whores, and the only god i'd need was the one of tits and whine.

One of these nights caused a problem when a young girl was dropped on my door stead, naturally given the girls complexion I couldn't exactly deny that she was mine. Up to that point I had been living a life style of a bachelor, and a merchant, It was hardly the life I wanted for a child, plus i'm pretty sure women didn't go for single fathers.

So I did the only thing I could, I took up every last piece of gold I earned from my savings, and I put my dear Sophia in the nicest school I could buy her way into. I would have her learn the languages that I couldn't afford to, I'd have her raised properly, and I'd act as her guardian angel of sorts. Every brithday and holy day I'd send cards, books and stories of my great adventures. I'd put enough coin into her schooling that despite her status she would have to be taken. (Aristocratic life style is only a 10 gp min, and with the starting gold of level 2, I had about 250 left over from my equipment, lets just say that the majority of that goes towards his daughters life style, and schooling)

Eventually I will collect Sophia from her schooling, or hell even just have the courage to say hello, she's sixteen, and I'm turning 35. It's about time she had a parent in her life, not to mention my plan is to have her married into nobility. That's a hard goal to be sure, but if I can swindle merchants, than I can swindle nobles. My father was after all an Incubus.

Roland Bayard, Paladin of Sune

A 22 year old member of the aristocracy whose lands are near Gradin, Roland has dedicated himself to traveling from place to place, righting wrongs and spreading the word of Sune. All the while dodging the attempts of his family to force him to return home.

A slightly more detailed backstory:

Roland was born to the prestigious Bayard family of the Kingdom of Etindra, his parents being the lord and lady of the lands they owned along the western side of the Dudne Forest. Roland was brought up knowing that he would be his father's heir, and so he lived in a constant state of trying to live up to the lofty expectations of him and his mother. And despite having access to just about anything he could ever want Roland couldn't help but feel...empty inside, and nothing he tried could fill that emptiness.

At the age of 15 he was entrusted with bringing the taxes from his lands to the capital, and while travelling to Gradin his carriage was attacked by a gang of bandits. It had seemed like the end for young Roland, who had tried and failed to fight them off, when suddenly a heavily armored figure strode towards them, quickly dispatching the bandits with an almost trivial ease. When they were defeated the figure took off their helmet to reveal a beautiful elven woman's face.

Entranced by her beauty and strength, Roland struck up a conversation with the woman as they continued on their way to Gradin. He learned that she was a member of the Order of the Ruby Rose, a group of warriors and paladins who swore themselves to the goddess Sune and her teachings. He listened to her stories and found the empty feeling he'd had starting to disappear. Roland asked how he might join such an order, and was told that he should first receive training in the ways of the paladins of Sune, and that his path would become clear soon enough.

The two parted ways under pleasant terms, and when he returned to his home Roland began his training. His parents thought at first that this was only a passing phase, but eventually realized that their son was serious about this and sought to dissuade him from this path. Their efforts were in vain, and eventually Roland completed his training, becoming a paladin in full. Now his goal was not to remain in his home, but to travel the world righting wrongs and spreading the love and beauty of Sune to the people.

Sneaking out of his family's keep in the dead of night, Roland began his trek with no true destination in mind, knowing only that he would go where he was needed. His parents, when they found that he was gone, began searching intently for him, wanting to bring him home by nearly any means necessary.

Heather Harrington. https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1338583

Also a noble, however the Harrington line is known for training exceptional cavalry. Heather try as she might, was not exceptionally strong. After years of abusive, her parents decided instead of killing her in a hunting accident which would shame their family, to send her away to her true talent a wizarding school far away.

Heather completed her apprenticeship, and is now journeying studying, on how to become and gain the power of an archmage.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1338126

Aradis is a gnomish wizard who spent many years on his own in the wilderness. A hedonistic sort who proved too careless with his budding magical talent, he was forced to run after certain indiscretions and has spent quite a bit of time on his own. Recently he has returned having gleaned various mystical secrets, and while he intends to use his power more cautiously and judiciously the temptation to indulge remains ever present.

Was half-built before I realized another wizard posted. Figured I'd finish him and we'll see if the party can support both. I'm willing to change him up if not.

Alright! So far we have...

A charalatan Tiefling Bard
A noble Human Paladin of Sune
A noble Human Divination Wizard
A hermit gnome Conjuration Wizard
One more unknown character from another player

My NPC is a gnome. Right now, it looks like she will be a cleric heal-bot. If everyone is ready by Friday, I will post the starter at that time. I will make the OOC chatter thread when I begin the game :)

You already know I have a sordid past with that gnome. I do hope you keep her around. Also we need women to balnce this party.

Lol ok. By party vote the gnome stays and shall be a tough cookie. And we are full up! Starting post will come between today and Friday! Also, if you all hadn't heard yet.. I made the ooc chatter thread. It comes complete with a world map and a brief history. I hope you will all enjoy it!

The Party....
Marius - tiefling Bard Charlatan
Heather - Human Wizard (divination) Noble
Dalren - Human Cleric Noble
Midian - Dragonbord (red) Druid of the Moon Outlander
Aradis - Gnome Wizard (conjuration) Hermit
Roland Bayard - Human Paladin Noble
NPC "Haze" - Gnome Ranger/Arcane Trickster Rogue

Hazelthyst "Haze" Snowzapper

Homeland: Stonescutt Citadel within the Zarakib Mountains, the oldest Gnome city known.
Family: Arabella Snowzapper, mother, Tinker-gear Gnome famous for her clockwork constructions. Zangrim Snowzapper, father, wand-smith famous for bringing magic to the masses with his "easy-to-use" magic items. Both are highly respected craftsmen within Stonescutt Citadel. Three little sisters, one little brother.

The sky was alight in purple mist on the day that Hazelthyst was born. Her parents were so proud to welcome a new, happy and productive gnome child into the world. But they would soon discover that Hazelthyst wasn't particularly gifted with any craft. Her mother was a gear gnome who toiled away tirelessly on metallic, wooden and stone gears of every size, color and shape imaginable. Her father was a wandsmith who had revolutionized the industry with his patented "user-friendly" design! A person who wanted to use his wands, but did not have the appendages to do so. could simply lift, point and shoot without any knowledge or skill in magic whatsoever. Not to mention, they didn't need fingers, thumbs or hands either! It was a marvel of spellcasting-engineering. So they had naturally expected their first born child to be exceedingly talented.

Hazelthyst didn't mean to disappoint, but no craft, smithy or project held her attention for long. As she grew older, she found herself wandering about the city, staring at all the dedicated workers and wondering where her own sense of purpose and thrill of life might lie. No matter how far she wandered or where she went, she was always able to find her way back home.. but she did not recognize this as a skill. So when the call came for brave, adventure-loving, thrill-seeking gnomes to join the armed services, she decided it was time to leave. She had some ability with magic, despite never being trained in it, and wasn't awful with a blade. But even in the military, her choices were slim. Because she lacked the gumption to stick to just one or two specialties, she was unfit to be a Wizard, and since she showed no interest in learning combat maneuvers, she didn't make the cut for Fighter. But she was handy enough with a simple blade and her accuracy with a bow and arrow was spot on. That combined with her natural affinity for magic left her with two options: become a Ranger within the corps or go the route of a Rogue.

She opted for both.

Her training went by quickly with few mishaps, but even on the day of her graduation, she was still unsure of if this was indeed her calling or not. Her parents, however, were pleased as punch that their eldest daughter had FINALLY chosen a path for her life. And with four younger siblings now at home all looking to her as a role-model, Hazelthyst felt compelled to see this new job of hers through until the bitter end. As it turned out, the 'bitter end' happened just 8 years after joining.

Hazelthyst's unit was a specialized one and was only called to the field when things needed a big punch in the face. She was the only multiclassed soldier in the group that consisted of 8 Arcane casters, 10 combatants (both melee and ranged) and 3 healers. Since she was sturdier than the Wizards and Sorcerers in her unit, she often found herself near the front lines with the other Warmages, Fighters and Paladins.

That day, their unit was called in to make a statement against a group of bandits trying to make a name for themselves. The power difference was ridiculous and within seconds, the entire bandit army was wiped out. The town publicly honored Hazelthyst's unit and she received special commendations for her service, but it felt wrong to her. The bandits hadn't surrendered and had put up a fight, but they had been clearly out-manned and outmatched. Hazelthyst just couldn't see how a group of 10 bandits could possibly terrorize the countryside in the way that she had been told. When she discussed this with the members of her unit, she learned that no one else understood her. Even the friends she had made over the last 8 years told her she was overthinking things.

"A soldier's job is to fight and follow orders. We leave the thinking to the commanders, otherwise they wouldn't have a job!"

Hazelthyst wasn't a lemming and as she thought back on her time with her unit, she realized that she was slowly being molded into the no-questions-asked killing machine that her comrades described. Disillusioned with the glamour of war and once again feeling out of place, Hazelthyst finished out her service term and officially retired. She returned home for a few short months to get her things in order before setting off again. This time she intended to actually experience the world and the goodness it was capable of, and spread her own brand of cheerful optimism. After all, if she experienced enough things, she was bound to find her true calling.

Months of travel saw Hazelthyst visiting strange new places and meeting unusual people. When she saw conflict, she chose which side to stand with and fought valiantly. Her efforts did not go unoticed and it wasn't long before the King himself invited her to the Royal Palace for a banquet honoring the heroes of Etindra. It was there that she met a particularly interesting Human Paladin, but she hadn't the time to pursue his fancy. Days later, the Royal Guard led a band of noble soldiers to the Trollmar Swamp to quell the ongoing conflict there. After the treaty was signed, Hazelthyst and a handful of others were asked to serve His Highness as Ambassadors to the throne. Their primary job would be to ensure the King's will was being carried out (things like rebuilding villages and caring for the sick & wounded) but they were also called to be Champions of the People. They would fight and defend the land when trouble arose and they would determine if the situation was dire enough to call for the Royal Guard.

Hazelthyst took this position to heart and for the last seven years she has been doing her part to restore the towns surrounding Trollmar Swamp while acting as a liaison between the Nymph Queen and the Human King. Lately though, the monsters in the area have been acting strange and Haze is on a mission to get to the bottom of it. Her quest led her to New Emerald City, and from there she has issued a request to all nobles throughout Etindra: There is trouble with the Trolls, please send help!

I shall provide a damsel.

Hm... Bladesigner or druid or something. Let's see what the dice say. (We're not rerollign ones, are we?)

17, 15, 14, 14, 11, 9
17, 16, 14, 13, 12, 11

I think the dice are telling me bladesinger. That's not too much overlap with others, is it?

Star Siren, do you know the wizard speciality Bladesinger? It's in the Sword Coast book.

(Who does? What race?)

Ack, we did have a cleric, and I just finsihed my druid:

Redhead_sep08.jpeg

Rini Hostler
Birthday: 17th of Nightal
height: 5'1"
Weight: 101lbs
Measures:
Skin: Fair with freckles.
Hair: Waist length ginger tresses.
Eyes: Brilliant green with emerald rims.
Style: A pine green dress wiht a square neckline, healed boots of dark leather and a slightly lighter brown leather boddice. The boddice is somewhat thick and fitted to her youtful figure, huging her cleavage. One only needs to be mildly observant to realize it's desinged to offer protection to her vulnerable belly.

Rini is the daughter of Linizi and Michael Hostler.
Though the trade of Hostler traditionally refers to one who tends stables at an inn, Michael worked in the stables of one of the many country houses of Duke Randal Ervin--who has only visited three times in Rini's memory.
Technically a maid who tended the house, Linzi was especially beloved for her violin playing, and she played for the Duke on all his visits.
In the winter of Rini's seventh year, Linzi was taken from them by a fever. Three weeks later, Linzi's mother, Trini Willows, arrived with medicine. With her daughter already passed, Trini used these medicines--and Chaunteah's blessing--to save several other locals from the fever.
Trini stayed for two years to help care for Rini, and frequenty would return for a season to teach the girl medicine, herb lore, feminine mysteries, and prayers to Chaunteah.
Though Rini was an apt student, she spent most of her time with her father in the stables. Though she loved to play in the straw, Rini took the work seriously, caring very much for both the horses and the other creatures who resided in the area.
When Rini was twelve, a new littler of kittens was born. The runt of the litter, a ginger tomcat, wasn't strong enough as a young kitten to get past his brother's and sisters to nurse. Rini took it upon herself to tend to the kitten, and in the span of a year and three months, he grew long and strong and proud. She named him Strut.
That winter, a small army of orcs raided the town. Several families were hiding out in the barn when the orcs attacked. Three men fell trying to keep them out, including her father with a spear through the hip. Rini ran forwards to help drag her father back into the barn as the orcs laughed and taunted them, a spokesman calling out in broken common that he would spare them if they sent out seven virgins to entertain them.
For a moment, Rini seriously considered offering herself to the orcs lusts to protect the children, but anger grew in her, and grew, and grew.
She took a freshly cut broomstick and popped off the broom, then--holding it as she'd been instructed to wield a quarterstaff, she whispered prayers to Chaunteah to give her the strength to defend the children, and the old people, and her injured father, and the horses and the kittens.
Something came out of her at the end of the prayer, words she didn't understand, or have any clue where they came from, but they heartened her, and the thirteen year old girl planted herself in the door of the barn, with her cat beside her, and yelled out to the seven orcs, "I'm a virgin! Come and take me if you can."
Two big orcs--laughing uproariously came to take her.
She struck at the face of the first with the stick. It tried to block the tiny girl's blow with a casual backhand swipe of his ax... Which was knocked from his hand!
Blood and teeth flew from the orc's lips as it staggered back with a broken jaw!
While the monsters were still in shock, she leaped for the second one, breaking his knee, then bringing her staff down in it's head with power all out of proportion to her body!
The remaining four orcs hooted angrily and organized to take her down. She managed to hold off two of the orcs for a few strokes. Strut leaped at the monster's face, and Rini struck him down!
The remaining four knocked her staff away, and strut was hurled against the back wall.
The redhead screamed and squirmed as the orcs ripped her blouse off, but before they could violate her a horn sounded and the Duke's cavalry and road wardens drove the orcs away.
Rini and a few other stable-hands gathered strut and Rini's father, tying them to the saddle of a horse, and ventured into the woods to find Trini and her healing magic. After three days, Rini and the horse she lead became lost in an evening fog. They were separated from the others, her father unconscious.
Rini came out in a beautiful grove of Oaks, where a pixie brought forth Trini and several younger acolytes. They healed Strut and Michael of both wounds and infection, then explained to Rini, "You're one of us now. Only a druid can find this grove."
Michael, still asleep atop the horse, was lead back to the others by an invisible pixie.
Rini and Strut studied with the Druids 'til Rini's sixteenth birthday. She then reappeared at the stables to spend a few weeks with her father before telling him the Druids had charged her to travel the land and do Chaunteah's good work. She asked her father for his blessing, and he gave it. A month later, with Strut, her mother's violin, and a staff sung form the wood of a living oak tree, her journey began.

*Slaps forehead* D'oh! I think I must have forgotten to drop the lowest when I was rolling my stats! Will reroll those and fix my sheet now, sorry about that.

Those are nice stats Tenshi! And I am familiar with the bladesinger, but your druid is lovely. Her backstory is filled with danger! I think she is the youngest as well. I believe the rest of us have characters in our 20s and 30s.

Thank you for spotting and adjusting those stats pods!

The rp will be up today!

Back
Top Bottom