Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

"Sounds like his daddy, doesn't he?" She teased.

"I don't know. She didn't want to talk about it over the phone. She said enjoy dinner and I told her I'd come over right after." She said softly. "Hopefully it's something that can easily be spoken through but who knows. Maybe he told you more."

When they got to her mothers house, she grabbed her bag and unhooked Owen from the car seat. She scooped him out of it and had his head on her shoulder. Her father opened the door and tried to take him but when he saw that he was sleeping he stopped and said hi to Jake instead.

Adri took him to his bedroom and set him in the playpen to finish his nap. She turned on the baby monitors and went to say hi to her parents. "Smells good mom." She smiled and kissed her cheek. "Thank you."

Maria smiled, "When are your brothers coming?"

Adri avoided the question, "Ich sagte, deine Brüder einzuladen, Adrianna."

"I didn't want too. This is my dinner." Adri argued.

"Richard lädt deine Söhne zum Abendessen ein." Maria told him. Adri sighed and Maria saw Jake. "Hallo." She kissed his cheeks. "I made salad if you want to be healthy. You can put schnitzel on it if you want."

"You get the same way sometimes. Especially when you've traveled and miss your boys and your bed." He gave her a look.

Jake looked at Adri. "There was a time we really struggled and I didn't know if we were gonna make it. Having friends to vent to or lean on can really help. I'm sure they can work through it." He kiss her hand and gave her a small smile.

He got out and checked his phone. He said hello to everyone but excused himself to call Rich. They were gonna meet after dinner at a bar. Jake would find a private area they could sit and talk.

He walked over and kissed Adri's temple. "Not fair to speak in German. I have no idea what you're saying." He told them with a smile. "Baby I'm meeting Rich at the bar. He sounds really bad..." He let out sigh.

Jake loved Adri's mother. She was very good to him and Owen. They had been from day one. "Thanks mom. I will probably do that."

"I know Boo. I'm glad we were able to move past that point in our relationship." she smiled at him and gave him a kiss.

"She started it," she said pointing at her mother. "She wanted me to invite my brothers and I never did and then she told dad to do it. So now we have to see someone I was really hoping we wouldn't have to see." She said talking about Drew.

Adri booed, "It's not real schnitzel unless it's covered in gravy." She teased.

"We should have brought a bottle of wine." Adri said and shook her head.

"I am glad you two are here. We need to discuss the holidays. What are we doing exactly?"

Adri nodded and looked at Jake, "Do we have to do that with Drew here?" She asked.

"He is your brother Adrianna."

Adri rolled her eyes and nodded her head, "Fine." She sighed.

"I'm glad we did too. I've never been happier babe." He kissed her.

He looked back and forth between the women. "As long as you're not talking about me, I guess it doesn't matter." Jake rubbed Adri's back. He knew she was pissed at her brother and honestly she had every right. "Maybe you two can talk and get past things?" He asked her. "He may not have known what the girl was going to do babe." He shrugged but she was his fiance and he had her back and was on her side no matter what.

"Who know Adge, I may eat it with gravy. I don't know yet. It's probably good though we didn't bring wine. We may be drinking with the Franklins...at least I will be." He gave her a look with a shrug.

"We're actually gonna find the cabin we will be staying while we're in Denver. We will know more once we're back." Jake told Maria. "But we're hoping to get a place for both your family and mine. Which mine is just my parents and Amy and Luke. This could be a nice tradition to maybe start." He smiled and kissed Adri's shoulder.

"He's still with her so even if he did, he doesn't care. I'd rather not be alone with him. Ever."

She nodded her head, "I probably will be too." She said softly. "Hey mom, will you watch Owen for us tonight, please? Our friends are going through some things and they need us. Please?" She asked. “Verbringen Sie etwas Zeit mit Ihrem Enkel.” She smiled and showed her the baby monitor.

Her mother nodded, "Don't use him against me."

Maria nodded, "And we are going there for Christmas? What about Thanksgiving and that Fashion Show?"

"I will be home for Thanksgiving but I will have a jet waiting to take me to Paris right after. I have to get there in time for the show. They said I can stay for dinner but I need to be on the plane before midnight. You all can either come with me or come together on a different jet. If that happens Jake will be staying back to make sure everything goes smoothly for you guys. It's up to you though. Airfare and the hotel and everything else will be paid for. I am in the works of setting up some special dinners for you and dad and Andre and his wife. We might have dinner on top of the Effiel Tower one night too." She told her.

He hugged her. "I know...I'm sorry..." He had his mother who was a piece of work and she had a brother. They were a pair.

Jake raised his eyebrow at her speaking German. "Are you doing it now to be a butt?" He asked her. "Thanks mom. Our friends really are having a rough time. She's a model and he's a retired fighter. We have a lot in common with them."

He looked at her confused, "I am? I'm staying back? Is Amy watching O? Do I get you alone at all?" He asked her. "A nice romantic dinner just the two of us. Your parents are going to want a night to themselves too." Jake felt like they needed to get through the Denver trip before he could focus on much more. They needed to get back and hire their assistants and then life would seem so much easier for them both.

"You would kill me if I had a fight at that time." He stopped. "Shoot. I wonder when Ultimate Fighter will be over." He made a face. "I need to check with Dana."

"Ja." She teased and gave him a kiss. "Ich liebe dich." She gave him a kiss and smiled at him.

"I was hoping you would. Just to make sure they can get on the plane. Everyone will be on your private. My family and yours. You would have O." She told him. "I leave that night, you all leave the next morning. We can talk about it later. I need a plan though. I will feel better with a plan."

She nodded her head, "I won't be happy if you miss my first VS fashion show." She told him. "I'll get him a ticket. Then he can't schedule a fight." She smiled. "I'm a genius."

The baby monitor started to whine and Adri went to get Owen. He had a major case of bed hair when she picked him up. She kissed his cheek and took him up front. He was beaming when he saw his grandpa and held his arms out for him.

Soon her brothers started to file in with Andre being the first to show up. Aidan and Alex walked in and Owen walked over to Aidan happily. "I don't like that he's happy to be your wing man...baby." Adri told him.

Drew was the last in with his girl friend on his arm. The room got a quiet and Aidan spoke through Owen and said, "Awkward." Adri left to help her mother with dinner and set the table.

He gave her a look but kissed her back. "Hey I know what that means. Ich liebe dich." He smiled proudly at her and kissed her again.

Jake thought about it and gave her a nod. "Okay. I was just checking. I will make sure everyone gets there safe babe. I promise." He smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"I'd be in the doghouse for a long time if I miss your show. I won't miss it. I'll talk to him and just tell him it's important that I'm there. And I will be. Chances are we won't be shooting then anyway. I'd prefer to not have to worry about training during the show too but I'll do whatever I have to." He smiled at her.

When she returned with Owen, Jake chuckled about his hair. That kid was so much like him it was scary. "You look goofy. You need a comb little man." He told him.

When Drew showed up with that woman, Jake could have flipped his shit. Now if it was just him he would be nice but bringing her, that was just like a slap in the face. He so badly wanted to hand his phone to her and ask for her to take his photo since she enjoyed doing it so much. Instead he took out his phone and texted Adri, "Is it wrong of me to walk up to both of them and demand their phones?" He was pissed.

Adri didn't hear her phone go off but she was working on a plan of her own, "Alles, was ich frage ist, dass jeder hat ihr Telefon aus. Pleas Mama."

Maria sighed, "Fine. fine. If it will make you feel better. Go set the table."

Adri took the plates to the dining room and set out the silverware. Everyone was getting water unless they wanted something else, then they could get it themselves. Her mother finished up with gravy and Adri took the gravy boat to the table.

"Dinner is ready but before we sit down. I want phones on the table in here." Maria said. "Or off in your pocket." She added. Adri took Owen and set him in the high chair. She raided the fridge for his baby food and cut up a small piece of meat for him to taste.

"Is that really necessary mom?" Drew asked.

"I'd say yes since your girlfriend likes to share private family moments and you seem content bringing her around." Adri snapped.

"If you have something to say you can always say it to me." She stood and looked at Adri.

"I have plenty of things to say to you but none can be said in front of my son."

Aidan, Andre, and Alex looked at each other. They put their phones on the table and sat at the dinner table. They weren't going to miss this. Adri put her phone in her purse and held her hand out for Jake's to also put in her purse. Her father sat at the head of the table.

"We will have a peaceful dinner girls." Richard warned and Adri took a seat at the table next to Owen.

Jake grinned at her for snapping at the girl. She was one feisty woman and he loved it. That was his girl.

When the girl stood up Jake moved over to Adri even though he knew Adri wouldn't do anything with Owen in her arms but he didn't know about Drew's girlfriend. He rubbed Adri's back. He turned the phone on vibrate and handed it to her. "Thanks baby." He gave her a kiss and sat next to her.

He rubbed her leg under the table and leaned over to kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear. "Don't let her get to you." He gave her a wink.

"Let's just enjoy dinner." She smiled and rubbed Owen's cheek. She out Owen in his high chair and locked the tray on it. She let him feed himself the meat but she would spoon feed him his real dinner.

She smiled at Jake after her had his first bite. "Is it delicous or what?" She asked. "You should make a cookbook mom. Retire and become an author with dad. Oh yeah, you guys made the best food. The title could be Cooking for Six." She smiled.

After their tense moment with the phones, they were all able to push past and have a somewhat normal conversation about life and Owen's first birthday. Adri tried to mum on the details so Drew and his girlfriend didn't show up.

Jake smiled and gave her a nod. "It is very good. Thanks for making it mom." He kept eating and kept an eye on Owen. "You really should. I love your food. It's definitely better than Adri's." He smiled at Adri and kissed her cheek. "And that says a lot cause I love her cooking. It was one of the reasons I kept her around as an assistant." He teased.

"Yeah I think Owen is excited for his cake." He teased knowing Adri blamed him for eating cake before his actual birthday.

After eating, Jake helped clean up and then asked to speak to Drew outside. He gave Drew a look like he could easily punch his lights out.

Adri didn't know how to feel about that but her mother beamed happily. "Oh shut up. I was the best assistant you ever had and you couldn't scare me around. That's why you kept me around." She laughed.

After dinner, Adri cleaned off her boy and then her parents took him to the living room. She helped collect dishes and put them in the sink. Andre did the dishes and Adri dried them and handed them over to Aidan to clean up.

They all looked at Jake when he went over to Drew.

"Ten bucks says Jake knocks him out." Adian said with a smile.

"You want your brother to get knocked out?" Adri asked. She trusted Jake not to punch her brother and would stay back and ask about it later.

Jake went out the back door and put his hands in his pockets as he waited for Drew to follow him out.

Adian looked at Adri and just smiled. "If he did get knocked out, he deserved it."

Jake looked at Drew. "I understand I'm not exactly part of this family yet, and I'm not going to tell you who you can bring home to family dinners. But she is not welcome at my house. You are more than welcome to come to Owen's party but I have to protect my family. Your sister is part of my family regardless of us being married. She is my son's mother. I will not sit back and let you or anyone else disrespect her. Especially in our own home."

He cleared his throat. "It's beyond messed up your little girlfriend pulled what she did for a quick buck. And it's more messed up you are still with her. But whatever not my business. But I will not let her in a position again to do that. She is not welcome in my home. And if she comes to our wedding tell her to leave her phone at home and anything else that takes photos otherwise my security team will confiscate it. And if your sister decides she's not invited. She's not invited."

Jake turned to go inside. "If she's willing to sell out your sister for money, you think she won't dumb you the minute someone with money walks by?"

"If he gets to know Drew out, I get to know out his girlfriend." She told him and handed him the next plate to put away.

The siblings were closest to the backyard so they all tried to listen in on what was going on out side. Adri checked to make sure Owen wasn't around the stripper and then kept trying to listen in on Jake and her brother. From the kitchen nothing could be heard.

Drew still had his air of arrogance surrounding him. "She gets pictures taken of her all the time. Post one of her when she's actually human and suddenly you're the bad guy. Leave my girlfriend alone. Got it? I don't want to go to your kid's birthday party. Im only here because my mom wanted me here. Go be a macho man somewhere else. It's a free country. We can do as we please." With that he went inside and grabbed his girl friends hand. He said goodbye to his parents and they left in a huff.

Adri looked at Jake, "Well I could have told you that wasn't going to work." She said softly. "Thanks for trying though." She said and gave him a kiss.

Jake rolled his eyes and smiled. "But not every day she's betrayed by her own brother for money. If you needed money that bad next time ask." He called out as he went inside.

He went in and shrugged. "I wasn't really trying anything. I told him his girl isn't welcome in my house. He is. She isn't. And if she comes to the wedding she will have any electronic devices confiscated. He said he doesn't want to come to Owen's party." He shrugged. "He tried to get under my skin." Jake rubbed Adri's back and kissed her shoulder. "I'm gonna grab my phone from your purse."

He grabbed it and text someone to do a little digging on the stripper. If this woman was gonna be by his son he wanted to know who she is and what she's about.

Adri made a face, "I'm pretty sure I said I didn't want them around the birthday party. I didn't want him around at all actually." She told him. "And at this point they are definitely not invited to the wedding. I can't trust them. I can't trust him to watch over her and I can't trust her at all. Just no."

She nodded her head to grabbing his phone. They finished up in the kitchen and were able to really talk about their family trip. Everyone would meet here for Thanksgiving and then head on a plane the next morning for Paris.

Adri needed to book their hotel rooms somewhere special. She was excited for them to be there with her and see her walk her first Victoria's Secret fashion show.

They stayed a couple more hours before Adri told Jake they should probably head out and go check on their friends. She gave Owen a kiss goodbye and rubbed his cheek. He told him to be good for grandma and grandpa and kissed her brothers goodbye.

Jake frowned. "Well I told him he could come but not her. And I told him if you didn't want her at the wedding it was your choice. But you know darn well your mother is not going to let you get away without inviting him." He kissed her cheek.

He gave his goodbyes to Owen, kissing his head and giving him a hug. He told him to be good and he just laughed. "I'm not sure if he's saying he will be or laughing because he won't be..." Jake thanked her parents for watching him and for dinner.

They got in the car and Jake held her hand as they drove. "I think we need to find a good hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower for your family. Your mom would love that." He told her.

"I'm going to change before going to pick up Rich."

"I kind of think that was obvious Boo. Everyone will get a view of the tower if it's possible. I just need to book it. I've been a little busy lately but it will get done."

She nodded her head. "I'm going to change and head over to their house." She said softly. She took her pants off and put in some leggings. She kicked her shoes off and slid her feet into some Gucci slides since they were comfortable and easy on and off.

"I will see you tomorrow Boo. Be safe. I love you. Get an Hber if you can't drive, okay?" She kissed him and grabbed her wallet and keys. The Franklins didn't live too far away from them. They didn't live in the same neighborhood but their neighborhoods were near each other.

She rang the doorbell and Beth opened the door with puffy eyes and a glass of red wine in her lap. Adri knee she was in for a long night and she was happy Owen was with her parents.

"Well I didn't know it was obvious. There are plenty of other sights to see and be able to see from their room." He told her with a small smile.

Jake put on a nice pair of jeans and button up shirt. "Keep in touch if you go somewhere so we can avoid that area. Worse case I'll bring him here." He kissed her softly. "I'll be safe baby. I promise. I love you."

He called Rich and figured out where to meet him. Rich told him where to go so Jake took off. He got to the bar and saw the guy was half drunk already. Jake was in for a long night. "What's up man..."

Rich explained Beth wants to model again. He doesn't really want her to but she found photos of another model and him in his phone but was harmless. "Yeah she's hot, she goes to my gym. But I wouldn't never cheat on Beth...she doesn't know if she could trust me if she traveled for work..."

Adri got the same story only Beth said his hand was all over the model and the picture didn't look entirely friendly.

"Im sorry you had to see that sweetie." She said softly. "There is no reason for him to have pictures like that in his phone. But I want you to remember one thing. No matter how many girls want him, he wants you. I know it's hard to see a picture like that. But you have the ring. This doesn't excuse his behavior at all but that man loves you. Be mad at him but remember that he loves you." She told her and went to get a bottle of wine.

"Now let's forget about them for the night. Tell me about work. What kind of modeling?" She asked filled their glasses up so they could drink and chat.

Jake ordered drinks for them and took a few drinks before speaking. "Man...you know you're like my brother but you were fucking stupid." He grinned at Rich. "You have to think about how you would feel if she had pics with some dude in her phon3. And how it may look."

"It wasn't anything. It was like taking a photo with a fan. We're fans of each other." He explained.

"I get it but it's your wife. She comes first."

Rich nodded.

" Did you delete it?" Jake asked taking a drink.

" Not yet."

Jake shook his head. "Delete it."

"She hated me fighting and now I have to he fine with her modeling. She wants kids but I don't want our kids on the road all the time."

Jake chuckled. "Sounded like Adri and I. Just have to balance brother."

"He didn't want kids while he was fighting because he spent all of his time in the gym. I worked around his gym time and he didn't want his kid to ahve to go through that. He told me to build my dream house and I did. I built this beautiful place. And I finally find somethign that will make me happy and that will feel my time and he doesn't want me to do it. I stood by him with everything he has done and he can't stand by me for this. These men are selfish and have no idea how much we put aside for them. I swear sometimes it feels like I just can't do it anymore." Beth said and sipped on her wine.

Adri knew how she felt. "Jake and I went to counseling." She said softly. "He felt like I was putting work before him and Owen and the fights just got bigger and bigger and there was a time where I felt the exact same way. I gave him everything and he couldn't give this one thing. I wanted to walk away. I could have but I thought about Owen and I didn't want to leave Owen like that. So Jake and I worked it out and we are still working it out. It's going to take time but I am sure you and Rich can do it."

Beth nodded. "It's not even work I am the most upset about. He took this picture with this woman from his gym. He sees everyday apparently. Who knows what is on her mind. Or his. One of these days he could just invite her over while I am awaya nd who knows what will happen. They are right, what they say about men in sports. They have wandering eyes. it's ahrd for them to stay faithful because there are women literally everywhere that would willingly give it all to them. Who knows what as been done with out me knowing, you know?"

Adri frowned, "Don't think like that. He loves you. He would never."

Jake looked at Rich and took a sip of his drink. "Do you not want her to work? Or do you want kids? Or what is really going on here?" He knew something was seriously going on.

Rich shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I'm a bit insecure." He took a drink. "I was fighting and working out all the time and now yes I still work out but it's not like before. Now I'm training other guys. What if she doesn't find me attractive anymore or she meets someone when she travels because I'm home with our kid."

Jake smiles. "I get it man. I was worried too. But you have to trust the woman you love. I never had a girl who wanted to be around before. You loved me for me and not my money or fame. Adri didn't care about any of that. It took a lot of time, but together we got through our rough patches. We did counseling. It took time. It took a lot of me figuring things out about myself."

He took a longer drink. "I thought I trusted her but not other guys...but I had to trust she could handle herself around other guys. Then she hit Bisping and then I knew..." He joked and chuckled. "But seriously...I realized though too, if she wanted someone else I wouldn't hold her back. We made an agreement about Owen. We'd be civil for him. Always. And she's not even his mother. She could have left. Multiple times and honestly not once could I have blamed her. She had every right to leave. I was an ass. I was jealous and I was selfish. She stood by me a lot. It was my time to support her and stand by her." He looked down a minute. "If you want to be with your wife, you know it's not about you man. You have to make her happy. You had your time. And kicked ass. Let her do her thing. Travel together with her. Do things to make her happy. You have to make her so happy and in love with you she has no time to even want to talk to anyone else. But brother...you were the one with the pic...come on man..."

"I know it was stupid. Celebrities can get excited about other celebrities. Okay it was stupid..." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "How do I fix this?"

"Rich...I'm not the guy to give relationship advice. Adri and I aren't perfect. If it was me, I'd delete the photo. Then I'd go home and ask my wife if I could take her out. I'd take her out make her see she is the only woman for me. And also tell her I support her in going back to work and anything else she wants to do. And ask what I can do to help." Jake told him. Rich gave him a nod and they sat there a bit talking, when Rich got up to go to the bathroom, Jake texted Adri, "I love you. Sorry for always being a pain in the ass."

Adri smiled at Jake's text, "Yeah you better. I love you too." She replied and set her phone down. She picked it up again, "Give her the night. Take Rich home and gave him sleep in a guest room. She's still upset we are staying in." She text him and then out her phone down.

They were watching the Sex and the City movies and whatever else they could find on demand. Movies and wine, what more could they need?

Beth went to get them some blankets and pillows so if they fell asleep on the couch, at least they were comfortable. The girls spent the rest of the night watching movies. Adri fell asleep first but woke up and fell asleep again when she saw that Beth was asleep.

Back
Top Bottom