Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

Jake couldn't argue and agrees. "I know. I don't want him hitting either unless he's in a cage." He smiled. "So don't. Stay in bed."

Owen giggle at Adri. "H e is my son. He probably is hungry. He did have a big day yesterday. I am surprised he didn't sleep a little longer." He leaned up and kissed Owen on the head.

He kissed her back and thought about it. "Honestly, the only thing I can think of that really sounds good is French toast. But I know it's awful for me. But it sounds good. Owen would probably eat some too." Owen tried to crawl away. "Where are you going?"

She rolled her eyes, "I don't want him in a cage until he is maybe ten. Probably thirteen." She told him.

"Yeah me too. That would have been nice." She yawned. "Maybe that's why he smacked you. I didn't feed him so now he wants you too." She smiled. She pushed the covers down and stretched her arms up over her head.

"French toast it is." She went to the bathroom to wash her face and then she came back into the bedroom. "You coming with me?" She asked Owen and held her arms out for him. He crawled over and she took him downstairs.

She plopped in his high chair and gave him some Cheerios while she made French toast. She didn't eat him too hopped up on sugar so she made him a very small piece of French toast.

Jake made a face. "We put him in a play pen or pack and play. That's a baby's first cage." He smiled proudly.

"I can feed him." Jake shrugged and tickled him while Adri was in the bathroom. He let Owen go with Adri to go downstairs.

He got up and use the restroom. Before going downstairs to let the dogs out. Owen had to watch the dogs the whole time. Once the dogs were back in Jake went in the kitchen and got fruit out. "We can put fruit on our French toast. O can have peanut butter on his. So he can get some protein and no syrup." Jake gave Adri a kiss on her shoulder. "I am so in love with you." He smiled and playfully patted her butt.

"Why did I fall in love with a man who fights for a living?" She asked herself. Now all of her kids would be fighters. She didn't know if that would be a good or bad thing in the future.

She nodded her head, "Sounds good to me." She said softly and flipped a piece of toast. She went to the fridge and pulled out the fruit. She cut off stems and washed them in the sink. She cut up some bite sized pieces for Owen. She cut up his French toast and put a little peanut butter on each one.

She finished up her and Jakes pieces and they were ready for breakfast. "Coffe? Orange juice? Water?" She asked and grabbed both of them drinks. She put some water in a skippy cup for Owen and set it on his high chair.

"Is there anything you want to do after we find him a toy rod?" She asked.

Jake gave her a look. "Who else would you fall in love with? A dog walker?" He picked the most safe job he could think of. "Do not answer that."

"I could have got his peanut butter on that baby..." He sits down next to Owen and grabs some french toast and put some peanut butter on his too. "Daddy is going to have it like yours too big guy." He tried to share with Jake. "No daddy has his own baby."

Jake thought it over. "OJ please babe. Thanks for breakfast Q." He smiled at her.

He shook his head with a mouth full of food. "No I don't think so. I kind of want to pay for camping but other than that, that's it. What about you babe?" Then Jake turned to Owen. "What do you want to do buddy?" He blabbed and all that came out audible was Ma, which was Max.

She made a face and laughed when he told her not to answer that.

"I was thinking we could take him to mom and dad's house. Hang out for a bit. Let them spend some time with their grand son and raid the fridge for some real home cooked food. I'm sure mom has something good in the fridge." She smiled.

"But if I get the all clear from the doctor, I have to tell VS and my agent. I have to go to get back to work soon. So I will probably get to spend the camping trip with you and then when we get back I might get carted off somewhere for the winter/ holiday line and the spring line." She told him. "Play time is over Boo. Time to get back to work." She pouted and smiled at him.

"Hopefully I haven't gained too much weight. I'm scared to step on the scale."

Jake looked at her with a smile. "You only want to visit them for their food. That's bad babe. Really bad. But yes let's go. You know I can eat. And the boy can eat. That's how you win us Daniels men over. You just feed us." He chuckled.

He frowned. Jake enjoyed having Adri home and with him but he knew she would have to get back to work. Plus she really would want to. She loved her job. "It's been nice having you home. But I'm sure you want to get back to it. And I didn't like why you were home." He offered her a smile.

"Adriana...you've watched what you eat. I'm sure you hardly gained if even gained at all. If you did you have a fiance who works out for his work. I'll go easy on you. I promise." He leaned over and kissed her cheek.

He then looked at Owen. "O tell mommy she is pretty. Tell mommy." He stopped eating and looked at Adri. "Pre pre." Jake laughed. "Close enough."

"That's not the only reason but it is a good reason. I need to make you some German food. Schnitzel and gravy. I can make it but mom makes it better. Never mind I am going to have mom make us schnitzel." She grabbed her phone and sent her mother a text.

After a few minutes of back forth, Adri finally smiled. "German for dinner. She said I have to invite the boys though." She made a face, she didn't want to share with her brothers. "So I will invite my boys. Do you want to go with me?" She asked.

"Babe we are eating French toast. We are going camping and who knows what we will eat. I might do a juice cleanse. Detox the bad out of my system, that always helps drop. And I will work out to help tone. I'll be good."

She smiled at Owen and gave his head a kiss. She had a bite of her French toast and felt really guilty for eating. "Out of all the things you could have had for breakfast you had to choose this." She shook her head but took another bite.

Jake took a few bites and smiled. "I would love to go with you. I've never had it before. Will O like it?" He gave Owen a few more pieces of French toast.

" You can run with me. I like working out with my girl. It's good bonding time. But if you don't want to work out with me that's fine. I won't be offended." He smiled.

He smiled proud of Owen for trying to call his mom pretty. "Hey...it sounded good. I haven't had it in forever." He sighed. "We can just eat healthy on the trip it's fine." Jake watched Owen eat some fruit.

She nodded her head, "A plain one but its fried so I don't think he should have it yet. When he's older maybe." She rubbed the back of Owen's head and smiled at him.

She nodded her head, "The three of us can go for jogs in the morning and then I can go workout with my trainer while Amy watches him in the afternoon. Or an assistant if I have one by then."

When breakfast was finished, she wiped Owen's face off and let him down to play. "I'm going to change and then we can trade off, okay?" She asked and gave Jake a kiss and then another one. "Love you."

She went upstairs and slicked her hair back into a messy bun. She put on a a plain white tshirt and some red pants. She put on a pair of converse and she was ready to go. She found something for Owen to wear and some cute little shoes. She went downstairs to watch Owen while Jake got dressed.

He looked at Owen apologetically. "Sorry buddy. We will get you something yummy though."

Jake was good with a run. "Sounds good to me. But who's the three? You, me and Owen? What about Max?" Max liked running with Jake, so they could make it a family thing but leave the girls at home. "Owen should go in the jogging stroller okay. Hell we could probably put the girls in the stroller with him." He chuckled at the thought of the girls in the stroller.

He got up to put his plate in the sink and put the dishes into the dish washer. "Yep. I got him baby." He kissed her back. "Love you." He smiled at her and looked at Owen a minute before going back to cleaning the kitchen up since Adri cook.

Once the kitchen was clean he went into the living room and sat on the couch turning ESPN on. He watched a bit before Adri came back down. "You look cute." He smiled at her and got up to head upstairs. He put on torn jeans, a tshirt that says 'You lift bro? That's cute.' With two guys fighting, his Jordans. Jake then did his hair and put cologne on before heading downstairs.

"We ready to go? I can let the dogs out and we're good. Or do we have a little time?"

"You, me and Owen. Yes. I didn't think about Max. I guess that makes us four. The girl will be just fine sleeping in. We are not putting them in the stroller with Owen."

She got Owen dressed and he struggled against her changing his diaper but they got it done. She let him down and he ran to Jake and hugged his legs. "I guess he wants to help you with the girls." She smiled. "I'll out his shoes on in the car. I think I've tortured him enough for now. It'll be easier when he's strapped down to something." She smirked.

"Once the dogs go out, we have to go." She told him. While he did that, she checked the diaper bag to make sure they had a spare set of clothes and diapers and a binky.

"Ready?" She asked and grabbed her bag and the diaper bag. She locked the door behind them and put the bags in the back seat.

When they got to the private clinic, she gave her name and they had to sit and wait for a little bit. Owen whined to get out of the stroller and held his arms out for the both of them to see who would break first.

Adri almost broke but her doctor came out to call her back so they had to go. Jake and Owen were directed to a room and Adri had to go get her x-rays. She answered all of his questions about pain and he tested her movement. It wa still sore but no where near as bad as it was.

When he left to check on her x-rays she looked at Jake, "What if I don't get cleared?" She asked with her head in her hands. "I shouldn't have picked him up that one day. That was stupid." She said softly.

Jake shook his head. "Poor girls have to stay home by themselves." He smiled at her as he teased a bit.

He let the dogs out and Owen stood by Jake making it look like he was really helping but instead he was just watching them. "Alright watch out buddy... we gotta let them back in. They will run you over." He moved over behind Jake, holding onto his legs.

"Yep babe, we're ready." He scooped Owen up and attacked him with kisses as he walked to the garage. "Baby will you grab my keys and sunglasses."

While they waited, Jake also almost broke but more because he wanted Adri to not worry about Owen being fussy. He made faces at him while they waited for Adri to come back.

He rubbed her back. "It will be okay baby. If you aren't cleared they will make you wait just a couple more weeks. But I'm sure you will get cleared babe. You've been feeling better." He kissed her shoulder. "It will be okay." He held her hand.

"A couple more weeks." She loved spending time with Jake and Owen. She loved the fact that they could do what they wanted and go vacation like they were about too but she wanted to work. She didn't want to wait a couple more weeks. She wanted job offers when she got back from vacation.

The doctor walked back in with her x-rays and put them in the light box. "So these are your old scans. You can see the fracture here and a smaller one here." He pointed them out and then put the new scans up. "Now the smaller one is completely gone. The bigger one is still healing."

Adri sighed. "So?"

He looked at Adri and then a Jake. He took a seat, "I'm going to clear you since I know what you do and as long as you take it easy you will be fine. I am clearing you to work. Not to exercise too hard. Get on the treadmill and walk if you must but don't run. Try not to pick this handsome man up too much and you'll heal. Okay?"

Adri smiled and nodded her head. "I like that. We are going camping this week so I'll take it easy. I can work on other work until I get a job offer anyways."

"Any questions?" He asked looking from Jake to Adri. Adri shook her head so he turned to Jake.

Jake knew how bad it sucked to not be able to work and do something you enjoy and love. "Baby...I'm sure you will get cleared. You don't have a job like mine. You just have to look pretty which you already do." He told her with a smile. He knew it was more than that for her job.

He got worried when the doctor said the bigger fracture wasn't entirely healed but was happy when she was clear. He smiled and squeezed her hand.

When the doctor asked if either had questions. "You said she couldn't lift the handsome guy much. When can she lift me?" He joked. Knowing the doctor meant Owen but figured he would take advantage of the opportunity to joke. "That's my only question. " He shook his hand before getting up with Adri to head out.

"Shopping now to get this boy his rod. O needs his fishing rod."

He laughed, "Is say give it two weeks when I clear her for excersize you two are free to do whatever you please." He smiled. He said goodbye to Owen and shook Jake and Adri's hand before leaving. Adri paid the fee and they were free to go.

"Yeah, let's get his rod." While Jake drove to the store, Adri made the phone call to her agent telling him she was clear to work again. Right off the bat she had to go to LA to do the song recording for the coco Chanel mini movie. She also had to get ready to travel for Victoria's Secret and do some photo shoot for them.

She'd have the dates by the time she got back home from the trip. When they got to the store Adri saw a lot of real fishing rods. She didn't want him to have a real hook at the end of this line so that was a no. She found a cute little set that caught magnetic fish and that seemed more his speed.

"This is it Boo. His rod." She smiled. "And I want the pink one."

Jake looked at the doctor with a raised eyebrow. "Wait are you saying we shouldn't be...you know...until she gets cleared?" He asked. This way he knew for sure.

On the car ride to the store, Jake held Adri's hand as Owen played with a stuffed toy. The boy was happy so Jake was happy. Plus he was being quiet while Adri was on the phone.

He looked at the rods. He really wanted to get the little guy a little Goofy Disney rod but went with what Adri thought was a good idea. He looked at Adri confused. "You want a rod?" He wondered if she'd really use it for more than posing for a photo but he went with it. "Alright. Let's get it." He looked at a few. "I wonder if mom still has mine...but I'll need something before we get to it."

"Anything else we need? Have you ever been fishing? Do you worm your own hook?"

"She went cleared for any rigurous activity so you weren't supposed to be doing anything." He laughed. "Once in a while was fine but try not to go over board alright guys?" He told them both and shook his head laughing.

"Like that's such a big surprise. Everyone else gets one. I want one too." She told him.

She made a face at touching worms. "Dad did it for me. So you can do that for me." She smiled. "You tell me. I think we have verything we need but you are the camping expert out of the three of us."

Jake make a face. "Well when you're engaged to a guy like me she couldn't help herself." He joked and moved so she didn't hit him.

He gave her a look. "You have to use it. Watch you'll catch bigger fish than I do and have no idea how or why because you just wait for the bobber to go down."

"Speaking of bobbers we need weights, bobbers, and hooks." He looked at the tackle boxes and just grabbed one and a bunch of supplies they could use. "I'm going to bring dad to get a rod when we get back. That way we can go fishing. There are places around Vegas to go plus we should maybe taking Luke on a man trip before the baby comes." He told told her and then found a camouflage knife that was a good tactile and hunting/fishing knife. He grabbed that too.

"Now we are ready." He walked to check out and pay for everything but then stopped. "Did we get O his own little flashlight?"

she smiled, "I hope so. I went to catch a fish bigger than yours and rub it in your face." She laughed. "I thought it came with a hook." She said softly. "Look mine has a hook." She showed him.

"That will be nice you guys. I'll take Amy to get pampered. She can get a soft massage and get out nails done. Maybe do some shopping and decorating for the baby room too."

She shook her head, "No O doesn't have a flashlight. Does he need one?" She asked had h lead the way to the kids camping section. They found a little flashlight and had him hold it turn it on. They had to let him have it though because when Adri tried to take it he had a melt down.

"It's nap time babe. Are we good?"

He gave her a nod. "But what happens when the fish breaks your line and you don't have a hook then cause it took off with the hook in his mouth?"

"That would be fun. Maybe you should invite the moms...yours and mine. Unless you want yours to watch Owen." His hand rubbed the back of his neck. "Or we can take Owen too." They could figure out what to do with Owen later.

Jake shook his head. "He doesn't have to have one but it may be nice that he has one." He kissed his head. "Yeah we're good. Sorry buddy. We will get you your nap."

They checked out and paid and Jake loaded up the car and put Owen in his seat. "Want to make a bet on how soon he falls asleep? You're mom is going to be mad he fell asleep on our way there." He held her hand as they drove.

Adri's phone went off and it was Beth Franklin, Rich's wife. She was calling just to chat, her and Rich got in a big fight and she wanted to talk to someone she trusted and would be honest and unbiased. Jake's phone vibrated from a text, from Rich but he didn't check it as he was driving.

She didn't have an answer for him and justbhad him get the hooks and whatever else they needed.

"As soon as we start driving he'll be out." She laughed and looked back at him. "He'll be down for an hour and she'll be cooking. So we should be good I think. I hope." She smiled.

"Hey Beth." Adri answered and smiled at Jake. "Going to dinner with the family. What's wrong?" She frowned. "Okay. I'll be at dinner for a little bit but we can meet up to talk if you want. You can come to the house or I can rent us a room somewhere. What ever you want. Alright. I'll talk to your later."

She looked at Jake, "Trouble in the Franklin household. I'm going to hang out with her after dinner. Okay?"

He chuckled. "Yeah we probably won't be out of the parking lot before he falls asleep. Your mom probably knows she will get her time with him when he wakes up."

Jake gave her a smile when she looked at him not realizing it was a call cause something was wrong. When she hung up though he just kind of smiled. "How much you want to bed that text was Rich. Everything okay though? Just an argument?"

"I'll check it when I get to your parents. We may have to do damage control?" He rubbed her leg. "If we both need to talk to them do whatever is easier for her to do. Us guys will figure something out okay?" Jake was glad Adri had another friend besides his sister.

"He'll be in a good mood too. He's always happy after a nap. Once he gets a snack in him." She said softly.

"It's a good thing we are doing early dinner. I don't know how long these two will need us. Should we have mom and dad keep O?" She asked. "That way we can be there for them?"

She smiled, "Thanks Boo. I think he left the house. She didn't want to get a hotel room. So maybe you guys can go to a bar or something? He can sleep at our place. I'll sleep over there if I have too." She kissed the back of his hand and smiled at him.

"I love you."

"Of course. A nap and food and our boy is happy." He chuckled a bit.

Jake didn't think about having her parents watch Owen, but it was a good idea. "Probably wouldn't hurt to see if they could. If they have plans though we can always ask Luke and Amy." He felt bad, they just got home and was giving him off to someone else to watch but a friend needed them.

"Is it that bad babe? That he's going to have to stay over?" He was worried for their friends.

"I love you too."

Back
Top Bottom