Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Does your mood affect RP?

Sometimes RP affects my mood. If I get hyped through the plotting stage for something epic and the writing/execution is disappointing in that we don't vibe well, or the character's such (either on my part or my partner's), I get legit bummed.

Yee. I suppose it does quite a bit but its been something I've been trying to handle recently. If I'm in a terrible mood my characters usually come off moody or just plainly don't want to RP out a specific scene.

It isn't as bad anymore now though...I've got characters that are moodier than others and some that are just chill and help me get over my moods. Since most of my moods in and of themselves are stupid and I get over them semi-quickly and writing helps with that.

I think with most people, characters share some traits with their creators but some of them are just so...Different that the mood of the creator doesn't affect them.

Hatchet said:
Yee. I suppose it does quite a bit but its been something I've been trying to handle recently. If I'm in a terrible mood my characters usually come off moody or just plainly don't want to RP out a specific scene.

It isn't as bad anymore now though...I've got characters that are moodier than others and some that are just chill and help me get over my moods. Since most of my moods in and of themselves are stupid and I get over them semi-quickly and writing helps with that.

I think with most people, characters share some traits with their creators but some of them are just so...Different that the mood of the creator doesn't affect them.

It can definitely be difficult to get your bearings on an RP if your mood is dramatically different from your current character, I find I am this way. Although I am very much a method roleplayer in that I tend to take on the emotions my character is expressing in game while Im writing, especially if this is a faster paced back and forth game via messenger. It can be tougher for me in thread RP's where posts are on average once a day because I often have to recenter myself and find the same emotions from before in order to maintain consistency, which can lead to droughts in my RP if I'm having a particularly rough time in real life.

the best tactic I find to getting back into the headspace is by rereading entire logs to return to that emotional state, whether it is arousal, lovestruck, tear filled sadness, joy, etc. On a good day I can be balling my eyes out while typing up a post or uttering soft quiet whimpers of approval as my fingers tap the keys.

I have playlists (separated per character) to (artificially?) affect my mood/mindset to RP. So yes, definitely. Sometimes even with the playlist I just can't get into the mindset and might as well give up to try another day.

I'm fickle when it comes to the subject.
For the most part, I can keep my composure and force the mindset, hell, most of the time I use RolePlaying to better my mood or alter it anyway.
Though, if I am starting an RP then it can almost completely change the subject. Starting angry makes it harder to focus so that anger can move through the keys and makes it a bit... difficult to change into another direction later on.

A bad day at work REALLY helps with the motivation for getting a bit rough! ;)

My mood is always a concern when it comes to RP as it can alter my focus and the speed of my response but as long as I can find Music to play as I write it usually shifts quickly to a more pleasant and constructive tone

Always. If I'm in a bad mood or generally not feeling myself, I'm better off not even visiting an RP site otherwise it makes me feel worse. The pressure to make posts rises, which worsens my mood because I know I don't want to reply while in such a state, which in kind will put a negative connotation in my brain. I've had phases where just being on an RP site made my mood sour because I was trying to fight through my emotions to make posts. Actually killed all desire to RP for a long while.

Personally, I would say it depends on the type of RP.

For a completely smut-driven RP, yes my mood very clearly can influence that. The more angry or depressed I get, the harder it gets to reply.

For a story driven RP, I woudln't say it effects me too much. RPing usually helps said mood.

Yes it affects me. If I am tired I am more likely not to post much and I prefer story over sex. So when an rp tries to steer towards just sex with little justification for it. That kills my rp mood.

Oh very much. If I had a long day I work, I don't really feel like spending a lot of time writing anything. But there are days I get in the mood to write a lot, but raely have time to do it.

Absolutely! My mood definitely does things to my rp! Not necessarily character wise though. It depends. oO Whoa. Ok. I think I'll have to split this to make any sense.
1) If I have an established character in an established setting then my mood influences IF i want to play at all. If i choose to play, i can get in character and forget about my shitty mood.
2) If I do NOT have an established character in an established setting and I really really WANT TO RP right the fuck now to get distracted from whatever mood it is that I want to be distracted from, then I am likely to play a quick one-shot. Some dirty, taboo, perverted sex scene. It will turn me on, i will get my head free, but... after that I will not want to pursue "ooh ohh ohh, ah ah ah, YES FUCK MY ASS!" kinds of rp longer. and longer. and longer. They will bore the hell out of me after the second or third "scene".

I would say my posts are impacted by my music selection that day. I tend to pick that based on my mood, so indirectly I would say I play how I feel. My post quality doesn't decline though. If i am too upset to write I will normally take a break and get it under control.

Hell, yeah!

Mood impacts my desire to write. Without desire to write, I don't write, no matter how much I might otherwise want/need to.

Very much so. There are moods when I don't want to writer at all and others when it feels like work. Then there are the ones when its easypeasy.

Definitely. When I've rested well and I'm feeling energetic and upbeat posting is a breeze. It's easier to get into a characters head and get something written down. However, if I'm tired or just 'out of it' then either I feel completely uninspired or only willing to write for one particularly story. Sometimes I put off everything and just find another creative outlet for a bit before I'm feeling more myself and can start writing again. It all just depends on the mood I'm in.

Absolutely! I find myself struggling if Iโ€™m tired or if Iโ€™ve had a long day at work (which is quite often since I usually work 10 hours if not working a double.)

I try to push through it though and get responses out in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes though, I just canโ€™t force myself. Sometimes Iโ€™ll stare at a partners response for days before I can formulate a reply in return. Which makes me feel horrible sometimes in and of itself. As my partners are all great writers and I want to match their responses.

Absolutely! I find myself struggling if Iโ€™m tired or if Iโ€™ve had a long day at work (which is quite often since I usually work 10 hours if not working a double.)

I try to push through it though and get responses out in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes though, I just canโ€™t force myself. Sometimes Iโ€™ll stare at a partners response for days before I can formulate a reply in return. Which makes me feel horrible sometimes in and of itself. As my partners are all great writers and I want to match their responses.

I think that's always the worst part, when you're just not feeling up to it for whatever reason and you stare at your writing partners post, knowing that you should get them a reply but you've got absolutely nothing to give. It feels terrible because you know you need to respond but you just can't and you feel like you're leaving them hanging.

I would certainly say so and then some in my case. I know that if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, my rp muse is pretty much shot for the day. There will be days that I have zero urge to do anything even remotely related and then some that I am just beaming with ideas. As of late I have been a little more stress free so more ideas are coming to mind; and I am trying to expand on them.

I would certainly say so and then some in my case. I know that if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, my rp muse is pretty much shot for the day. There will be days that I have zero urge to do anything even remotely related and then some that I am just beaming with ideas. As of late I have been a little more stress free so more ideas are coming to mind; and I am trying to expand on them.

^

I agree with this 100% and then some.

If a roleplay is about two people beating the wholly living crap out of each other I tend to get pretty mad
If a roleplay is kinky as fuck...well.

Yes I tend to let rps affect my mood and my mood affect my rps

Back
Top Bottom