Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The St. Anne (OOC)

Well I am looking forward to seeing what happens. :)

I may be revealing one or two of the 'slew of impractical' augments that Donovan has laying under his skin during the rescue. I am happy with myself for leaving that so vague. Just because they were deemed a failure, doesn't mean that they don't work, they just didn't work how the scientists wanted them to.

AnnaBeth Belle said:
A note on post length.

There isn't one. :)

While we all want rich, wonderful posts sometimes to keep the story moving we need a shorter one. That's okay. This is a group story and lots of dialogue and shorter interactions may take place to keep things flowing. It won't be the norm and I know I'm going to still write some decently juicy paragraphs, but if it happens it happens and no one cares. I hope anyway.

Everyone has been really good about leaving hooks and responses to follow on for each other. Thank you!!! But if you need a closed post to explore your character or really show us a scene, that's fine too.
Unfortunately I can be a goof and write tremendous amounts. It just happens. No one is obligated to match me in length or detailed. Just wanted to put it out there.

Sounds like evil plans in the works for Ris, poor lass. Oh well, fun times ahead! Looking forward to all of your posts and comments :)

Nothing wrong with that Benny, there are times I can pump out hundreds on hundreds of words when my hands start going. Captain Belle an I have had this conversation about post length in some of our earlier stories together, and if she hadn't brought it up I would have. We just want to make sure everyone enjoys themselves and doesn't feel as though they a required to give out heft posts every single post. Sometimes a couple of paragraphs is more than enough to get the point across, other times, 2,000 words is the perfect fit.

Dark times are looming on the horizon for her, but she has got good, well can't call them good really, she's got her people watching her back.

Hi, lovelies. I've posted and what great writing you did today! I'm super impressed and still can't believe this many talented writers all came together. Thank you!

I hope nobody minds the weird formatting on my post, and I really hope at least one of you gets a chuckle out of it.

Morning you sexy beasts. Looks like I have some reading to do. Yum!

Anyone need anything?

@gangbanggirl: I think the formatting was cute and a nice literary device. Plus you introduced us to Buy & Go and I appreciate how you added that to our universe. I bet it will show up again and again during the story. :) And I loved "...served up some promises and a mild crush."

@nothingbutspacejunk: The description of reentry as a shitty roller coaster and then the visual imagery you used was so good!

@Sigr: I loved reading Sona's thoughts about Donovan and Thomyris. It's a really good way to let other players know you're involved in their characters and stories too.

Your feedback is made of all things sweet and makes me feel happy. Merry friday!

tumblr_oq71buj4Zn1tppytvo1_400.gif

Your post was great, Sigr! Loving the perspective she had on Thomyris.

Speaking of which, Thomyris would like to wish you all, and especially AnneBeth Belle, a happy friday with a giant post. Enjoy! :D

I know it's been briefly mentioned in the RP but this is something I think should be clarified, what kind of currency do we use. I know we've mentioned credits and cash, but at what values do they hold? Like is one credit or unit of cash have the value of a $1 or is it more like the yen, where something costing 100 credits/cash being the value of a cheap can of soda?

I like credits. It's generic, simple, and avoids the complexity of having to explain the banking systems, galactic government, and histories of the universe we're RPing in. For example, is Earth united under one government? Would they combine all the world's currencies under one, in credits perhaps?

Or would each government and nation still be independent entities. So for example, if a bunch of colonists from Russia inhabited a world, perhaps they still use a form of the Russian ruble, which various exchange rates to the currencies of other worlds. A European colonized world might use Euros still, an Indian one might use Rupees, Commonwealth/American colonized worlds use dollars, etc. It can get quite complex this way.

So I say we stick with simple, universal credits across all mediums and locales and make the value of commodities at least equivalent to modern day values today [can of pop costs a credit and a half, etc]. With spaceship parts, weapons, and all that, we can discuss and assign values ourselves. Certainly not cheap, I would think. Like getting replacement parts on a luxury car, costing almost as much as a regular car, etc.

My two cents on the topic.

I to like the idea of a generic universal currency, keeping it simple with the term credit. As with most currency though I think there should be a physical credit, be it a paper bill or coin, as well as electronic means like a debit card. The value is the same naturally. This way we have the option of swiping a card or what not which would leave a trail of spending, or to pass a wad of bills/roll of coin into a waiting hand as a bribe and leave a significantly smaller trail if one is left at all.

A paper trail should always be an issue. Thomyris for example would always demand her pay in coin and not some sort of electronic transfer. Others might see the value in this and do the same. Could be annoying for our dear ole Captain haha.

We should also use the modern day calendar as well, to simplify things?

Bringing in our conversation on the chat to have everyone else up to speed.

Kosmik Khaos - Today at 1:36 PM
You should!
I agree with your idea on having a universal currency and giving it the generic name of credit
simplify where we can
BennyQ - Today at 1:45 PM
Should do the same with the calendar system.
Kosmik Khaos - Today at 1:46 PM
That would probably be for the best as well, a universal date calendar of some sort as well as measuring of passing time.
BennyQ - Today at 1:47 PM
It'll help for dating purposes, rather than doing guesswork, browsing through posts to figure out an idea of timing and all.
Kosmik Khaos - Today at 1:47 PM
Every planet will naturally have it's one day night cycles that differ from world to world, as well as different spans of time for each to revolve around their respected star(s)
BennyQ - Today at 1:47 PM
It's like time zones, with Earth time being the standard and all.
Kosmik Khaos - Today at 1:48 PM
It's been used several times already in game Standard cycle
BennyQ - Today at 1:48 PM
Some worlds got like a 15 hour day, others might have up to 40. But it is all convertible to the 24-hour Earth timing.
Kosmik Khaos - Today at 1:48 PM
Earth can be the basis of the standard since it is the nest of humanity and whatnot.
Exactly, there could be a world that rotates faster than Earth, a 15 hour day, but it takes 600 days for it to do a single revolution around the sun.
BennyQ - Today at 1:52 PM
Every system has their own individual calendars, but on the ship, we ought to use Earth standard timing since we always moving about. I think most worlds would adhere to it as well for commercial purposes and so forth perhaps.

Keeping things simple in the time zone front is probably for the best, things can already get messy on a group game without adding to it.

As for the money is concerned, Belle mentioned cash before (with gems and other things of value) so credits is more than fine. Seeing that the game is quite gritty in tone and that a good chunk of the crew are a bunch of people that are up to no good, I'd say that the cash flow in paper money or anything similar is quite usual. Poker nights on the canteen wouldn't be the same with digital currency after all.

Addendum from chat, something I wrote before noticing that I was talking to myself :)

After all, money has it's own story when physical. From marked bill to dirty ones, you can roll them to snort, burn them to show that you have to spare, they can have an old president on them, or be sprayed in blood.
Physical money tells a tale as it passes hands, how it's carried, how much you show it, when it's a fortune how impractical it's to carry it's size...
And so on. It kind of adds texture to the world.

Yes it is Cap't Belle (;

Hope you had a good day at work today.

So what are your thoughts on the matter about currency and time that Benny and I were discussing today, since you're word is kinda the final word in these matters?

It's 5:00 and I just clocked in! D=

Also I've been working off the 24 hour day concept, if I need to adjust I can reshuffle with no problem though.

I believe we all have been, with us using the term Standard Cycle already it would make most sense (at least to me) for that to be a 24 hour cycle.

We can start using the term Planetary Cycle when we are on jobs that put on land bound when needed, a kinda of general way to differentiate a break from the standard cycle to a local one. Just a thought.

Sorry. My comment about it being 3:00 was an inside joke. I apologize for the confusion. :)

My thoughts on time and money pretty much echo what everyone else is saying.

"Standard Cycles" being standard earth time, with a calander to match. We should pick a date and stick with it, maybe even putting it in our headers to help keep track of time.

There should probably be such a thing as a "Standard Credit" as well, something that the big banking conglomerates keep relatively stable. This is the kind of money we almost never use. There should be tons of different kinds of cash and things like precious stones and metals probably made a big comeback as currency for those of us who prefer to fly below the radar. Gold/Silver coins. Gems. Tradeable Goods, and yes even electronic credits ought to all be things we watch out for. Sure most of us aren't going to want to have traceable credit, but since anonymous credit/debit cards are already a thing we can easily have them in the space future too, provided a branch of the bank we have a card with is local.

Naturally there will be other things of value that we can barter with, precious metals, gemstones, etc, and we can use the 'standard credit' as a value to weigh them against. For example (thank you google) Gold Price Per Ounce is $1,256.50 where silver is $16.92. So certain things will naturally have a higher value than others. I just wanted to set up a quick system so we can have a base value of funds and assets as we need them.

I'm glad y'all are working out the money and credit thing. It's way over my head and I'm super happy to let other people handle it. :)

Just so long as Iona can roll up a bill and rip a fat line of synth-coke off of----

Wait, wrong fantasy.

I usually cut it with flakes from the vacuum dried hearts of ex-lovers. I like to step on it twice.

Back
Top Bottom