Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eye of Azuhaar (Broomhandel45 and Candira)

"Well, I am a man of many hats," Azuhaar grinned easily, kissing her hand affectionately. "All you have to do is ask, my dear...I am an open book for you to read, my knowledge is your knowledge...and I hope one day that my passion is your passion, too." He purred, golden eye glinting eagerly. Ithrel was right to believe that he had less than noble intentions, but his feelings were noble! That was the part that mattered, right?

Isla was just a little dazed from all of his attention. He was very good at bringing her thoughts to a crashing halt--even among this treasure trove of books. She blushed a little as he kissed her hand. No one had ever treated her quite like this before. He was gentle, but aggressive at the same time, and she wasn't quite sure how to handle it without losing a bit of her composure.

He seemed very pleased with the notion of getting to know her, and even more excited to share passions...though it was fairly obvious he meant something deeper. But she couldn't help but notice one thing...

He was still skirting the most important question she'd asked: when was the wedding happening? It wasn't as though she wasn't willing to be his bride--but a date would be nice for the sake of planning. It was probably just because he was distracted.

"I hope so too," she managed, her voice a bit softer than usual. "After our wedding for sure." Maybe he'd answer now.

"Ah, yes...the wedding," he sighed faintly. "Yes, that will be soon," he promised, patting her hand with a smile. Some of these girls from Orkathel just had their very specific way of doing things, that unshakable determination. Of course, she was younger...likely had dreams of some beautiful wedding on some incredible venue that would defy her very own expectations.

So clearly, Azuhaar had to do just that. His confidence restored, he flashed his bride to be a confident grin and squeezed her hand. "Then I will give you a wedding that properly shows the love that I have for you, and the love that I will earn, we shall do it next week!" he decided. "That is plenty of time!"

After all, what was time for someone like him?

Isla wasn't sure what she had been expecting Azuhaar to be like, but it wasn't this. He was handsome and charismatic and a little mysterious and it seemed pretty clear that he knew it. That was, of course, a part of the charm he radiated. But he was also playful, and kind of perverted, especially if Ithrel was to be believed. The great dragon's descendant overflowed with confidence that was further emphasized by his apparent lack of shame. He was well-read and deeply intelligent, but also very passionate.

The complexity of his character made it very difficult for Isla to adjust to him. She still stood in a bit of awe that she was even in the same room as him, let alone that she had turned out to be his bride. So when he told her their marriage would take place next week, she was surprised, to say the least. Well, he had known about all of this before she had. It seemed only right that he would be prepared...

"A week? Wow...It's so soon. Not that I'm not excited, too! I am, you know. You seem just as wonderful as I'd always thought you'd be. It's just surprising. I'm sure everything will be lovely, but you needn't go to any special efforts for me."

"Nonsense," Azuhaar said, waving it off without hesitation. "You are to be my bride, and I will give you every possible expense I can to show you that you will be happy," he insisted. "A woman as beautiful as you deserves my earnest feelings." he grinned. "...In every way possible, of course." Goodness, did he really have to wait until the wedding night?! It was a week! There were all kinds of things that could happen until that week!

It was terribly sweet of him, but it seems as though her somewhat feeble protest was to be met with a brick wall of well-intended kindness. He was insistent that he show her his love via his actions and a grand wedding. Perhaps she simply hadn't been clear in what she meant.

"I thank you for your consideration, my lord. You're too kind to give me so much, to want to show me your true and earnest feelings. But I don't need anything so grand to know your heart. I simply need you to tell me--to show me through your words and actions. A grand wedding would be lovely, but truly knowing and seeing you is more important to me."

Perhaps that was a clearer message. It wasn't about money or spectacle--it was more about their connection. In Isla's mind, being with Azuhaar was more important than any ceremony.

"Please, won't you tell me something you would like if you're going to go through all of this effort just for me?" One step at a time. "Or, if you'd rather, please tell me something about yourself that you want me to know. But I would know your mind if I am to be yours."

Back
Top Bottom