Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

After the War (Razgriz x Lagertha)

Razgriz

Shall we write beautiful stories together?
Supporter
Deep in the land of Zurith, a massive fortress stood proud and high. Its silhouette blazed against the skyline, making it seem all the more ominous. For it was the main stronghold of the Holy Order, a group dedicated to spreading the word of God and bring all under their banner. Or face divine extermination by the High Priest, a man hell-bent on ridding this world of all those that would defy God.

This order, directed by their despotic chief, started a cleanse of the land, viewing any that did not subscribe to their God as heretics and parasites. This decreed, handed from the High Priest himself, included those labeled heretics even from the villages their 'Holy Knights' are meant to protect. Families were torn and friendships destroyed as executions are carried in public display, sometimes in the dozens by the day, so that all may know that their God is without question the most important and only deity worth worshiping.

However, not only the citizens but any sentient creature that refused to accept his glory were targeted. And even some of those that did, mostly those of hybrid or more slanderously called 'Chimeras', did not fail to incur the Order's wrath. Many of those deemed heretics and parasites and even demons tried to escape persecution, but few succeeded. The combination of the enchanted armor from their Knights and the talent of the Spell-casters at the Order's disposal proved too much for most to handle. The body count grew and grew, the unceremonial funeral pyres sending columns of ash and smoke into the heavens, darkening the skies as the Order pressed on in its divine mission.

There was one, however, that did have measurable success against them: The Iron Wolves, a band of brutal berserker warriors possessing inhuman strength and ferocity that laid waste to many of their camps. But even they sustained heavy losses and without some form of assistance, would too succumb to the same fate. Their chieftain, a hulk of a man dressed in patchwork armor consisting of shards from the Knights he alone felled, knew this all too well and went to a tribe of what his people called 'Fox-Eared', those most commonly known as the Kitsune.

Having struck a deal with a local Kitsune tribe, the odd fox-people would at their backs to provide arcane defense. The battle between the Iron Wolves and the Order raged on for years, the barbarians making noticeably progress towards their stronghold. And as they went on, they also aided other tribes besieged by the Priest-decreed purge, the survivors joining their number and increasing their force strength immeasurably. Soon enough, the newly re-banded Wolves marched on the High Priest's fortress and broke through the line of soldiers surrounding the main fortress. Bodies from both sides littered the killing fields, roughly forged siege weapons pounding the fortress with projectiles and battering rams. Only after a hard-fought battle, the massive force was able to breach the perimeter, capture the High Priest and end him, shattering the Order for good and the surviving remnants fleeing to escape the coming vengeful persecution of themselves.

Three months after their victory over the Order, the Iron Wolves' chieftain declared a tournament: He or she who emerged victorious would carry out their end of the bargain, such was the way of the Wolves. Thankfully, no one else perished; though it was questionable if they would be able to fight again in any measurable time-frame. By the end of it all, it was in fact his sole bodyguard Orgoth who emerged the champion of the Wolves. Per their deal with the Kitsune, their strongest was to be sent to the central village to serve the Queen until such time that they would be able to choose to stay or come rejoin their brothers and sisters.

Orgoth took nothing with him but his weapons - twin longswords that each weighed roughly one hundred pounds and perfect for cutting Order Knight armor - his set of protective guards and the scars of his past. Standing at seven feet and eight inches tall, he was comparable to a giant. His musculature bulged against his iron-hard skin, the numerous healed lacerations evidence of his many months in battle. Like most of his kind, a flick from a meaty finger could shatter even the largest boulder, so great was their strength. The short black hair on his head was mussed and ragged, serving only to enhance his wildman appearance.

Orgoth knew better than to reneg on a deal made by the Chieftain, but that didn't mean he particularly cared for it. A heavy scowl was set on his face as he approached the village boundary, already feeling the eyes of their sentries hiding in the woods burning into his back. And as he took the next few steps, a dark-skinned Kitsune appeared before him, arms crossed and her robe flitting for a moment before staying still. "State your business" she demanded, slitted eyes narrowing. Orgoth's hands tightened on his weapons, "I am Orgoth, warrior of the Iron Wolves, First Guard to Fang the Strong. I am here to give my services to your Queen, as was in the arrangement between our tribes."

Her eyes seemed to glance over his figure, a small smirk on her face as she replied, "Very well, you'll follow me then. I will deliver you to her." And like she was gone, her long legs carrying her like the wind, the massive titan's footfalls thundering as he followed her to the best of his ability.

Everything had been how it had always been. Or at least things had turned back to it's normal festival type of deal since the high priest had been executed. Now the Kitsune, having joined the berserkers to slay the beat a few months ago, were returning their worships, to their songs and dance.

The Queen had known all too well one of the warriors was coming to her place of shelter amongst her kin. Though not overly pleased with a brute walking amongst such lively polite creatures, she had agreed nonetheless. At least, she could try to civilize the brute and show the rest of them there was no harm in her culture.

"They call us Fox-eared! It's so insulting!" The squeaky voice of a boy kitsune chirped in her ear. His brown hair ruffled her ear, and he jumped on her shoulder, no more than about a foot was the boy. No doubt he was much too young for such talks about a foreigner, but here he was perching himself beside her, insulting the warrior that had yet to come.

"Careful Yuit...what if the warrior comes and hears you?" The Queen Tiri'ol replied waving a dismissing finger. Her throne room seemed nothing too fancy, bamboo trees lined behind her, and her tails, nine of them, were curled up below her as she bounced herself slightly. Tiri'ol had never been the most patient Queen, not with the matters of the High priest, and not with a strange creature coming to live amongst them. Still, she had agreed to this, to a new bodyguard.

"I said nothing wrong!" The boy's brows furrowed, his golden eyes turning teary. Tiri'ol jerked her head in Yuit's direction giving him a stern look. Yuit silenced himself, jumping from her shoulder to below her knee in front of her throne. Flowers danced along the pathway in front of her, and Tiri'ol was very much out in the open in the middle of her village watching the kitsune play. Much like a mother to her child, as she felt much like they were.

"Yuit..it's not nice to imply they are saying anything wrong by calling us such names. Besides.." Tiri'ol leaned forward, tugging gently with skilled fingers on the boy's brown ears to either side. His one tail curled up, his face turning red as he squirmed in her hold whimpering. "We have fox ears to them. Do they not look similar to the foxes in the wild?" Tiri'ol let go, watching Yuit smooth the fur on his ear as he sat down, his brown tail curling up around him. His large eyes looked up at her as she straightened herself on her throne.

"I wouldn't know!" Yuit huffed, sad. "You never let me out of the village! Even though you promise you'll let me see the festivals someday! When is someday? Why can't it be now?" Yuit stomped a foot against the ground and Tiri'ol smiled, a soft giggle leaving her lips.

"One tails are very fragile things." Tiri'ol had rolled off her throne to the floor, standing and scooping the little creature into her pale arms. Her long dress swept against the grass behind her, her long blond hair parting around her tails that danced behind her. She cradled Yuit in her arms, against her large breasts as she tilted her head. "Only one of you can join me on my trips once a year, this is the rules Yuit. It's hard enough protecting me, but when I bring one of you around it's much tougher. You have no way to defend yourselves." Tiri'ol exclaimed as she walked a little ways away from her bamboo throne. She looked at the bamboo bridges, small streams running under them to the platforms made of bamboo that some of the kitsune were dancing on. Tiri'ol's guards were close by, though she seemed not to look for them knowing they were close by was enough.

"That seems reasonable.." Yuit finally admitted, though to humans he was old enough to fend himself, since he was twenty amongst human years. However to kitsunes, he was still a child, and being a one tailed meant he was a very easy target to predators.

"Good." Tiri'ol's ears flicked, her head turning to the left in the direction she heard heavy footsteps. Frightened, Yuit's fur stood on edge, and he climbed up her chest to hide in her hair only peaking out slightly as the noise got closer. Tiri'ol smiled, laughing a bit as she patted the frightened Yuit's head. She moved back to her throne, sitting back on it as she had been before. "Come forward." Tiri'ol called to the sounds in the distance, knowing now the berserker that had been chosen as champion was here to show his new loyalty.

A distant rumble could be heard approaching the village gates, the two male guards - slender-figured men dressed in light armor covered by yellow and brown plain robes, one having long white hair and the other a medium-length brunette - immediately alert to the presence; before long, their slitted golden hues widened at the encroaching behemoth, readying defensive spells even though it seemed doubtful one would be so foolish as to attack the central village head on. Even more so that the assailant would be alone. "Oi, calm down; that mountain's with me. He's here to see Tiri!" the Kitsune leading Orgoth said to the guards as she landed gracefully in front of them. The guards seemed uneasy, especially once Orgoth himself approached the gates, their gazes telling a slight dread dwelling in them.

"Not bad, barbarian. Not even winded? Impressive for someone your size." the woman smirked, one guard adding "...H-hey, Rihna,I don't think it's wise to anger him" but Orgoth spoke up, his voice baritone and thundering, "She speaks as to what we are. How that is an insult, I do not see. Now if you would be so kind to stand aside, I have business with your Queen." The other guard just nodded, "O-of course, she awaits you in the furthest hut. You can't miss it." And just like that, Orgoth was given a privilege few outsiders could claim to have: He was allowed to not only approach, but enter the main Kitsune homestead himself.

Some of the others, each having their own number of tails - the most four and the fewest one - looked over to Rhina guiding a massive titan through their village towards the Queen's residence. They approached, the two female guards possessing seven tails each, watching patiently before opening the doors inside. "Behave yourself, Wolf." the one to his left warned gently, not too eager to make him enraged but also needing to let him know to tread carefully. Orgoth snorted derisively and continued inside, intent on getting these formalities out of the way so that he could continue with his chieftain-designated duty.

Rihna approached the throne and gave a bow, one arm crossed over her chest to her opposite shoulder as she said excitedly, "Your Highness Tiri'ol! I give you Orgoth of the Iron Wolves! Orgoth, please step forward to state your business!" before standing aside to let the brute approach. The young boy in her hair seemed to let out a muted whimper, the brute's fierce gaze going to the golden orbs that appeared from the flowing golden locks of their Queen, his aura of violence likely spine-chilling for one so young. For a moment, their eyes met before Orgoth broke contact and turned his attention declared as he crossed his swords over his massive torso, "I, Orgoth of the Iron Wolves, First Guard to Fang the Strong, have come to honor the pact between us! For your services in dethroning the High Priest, I am at your beck and call! That is my solemn vow!" He then dipped his head slightly as part of his ritualistic greeting, waiting for the Queen to acknowledge his presence.

Yuit's disapproved whimpers were the first thing to hit Tiri'ol's ears. Next was the thundering stance that rattled the floor, that made the small pieces of grass and flowers shake as he walked. Tiri'ol's purple eyes looked at the ground, watching it shake as the beast approached, her arms crossed under her chest.

Tiri'ol's head picked up as the two approached, looking up at the giant as Yuit hid in her hair far away from the beast's clutches. Rihna, she remembered the kitsune, the one who would often bring other kitsune's to her that did not know their way. Tiri'ol smiled softly at the little girl that bowed and introduced the warrior.

"Thank you dear Rihna, what a good help you've been." Tiri'ol tilted her head to the left, watching the way the warrior presented himself. The motion caused her head to fall a bit to the left, and little Yuit held fast onto her hair trying his best to stay hidden as he cried in protest. Tiri'ol blinked, sighing softly as she reached a hand up, plucking the small Yuit as he kicked his legs and flailed his arms, from her hair. She sat the child in her lap, his face turned to face the warrior. Quickly, frightened, Yuit turned to face Tiri'ol, hiding his fac ein her stomach.

"He's scary!" Yuit let out a cry after the warrior spoke. Tiri'ol's ears flicked, as she looked down at the teary eyed Yuit. His little hands gripped her dress, clinging to her as she looked up at the warrior smiling and laughing.

"Apologies. Yuit is much too young to understand your presence fully." Tiri'ol exclaimed, placing a protective hand on the small back of Yuit rubbing it to calm him as he choked on his own tears. "I, Queen Tiri'ol, on behalf of our treaty, welcome to you to the inner home of the younger kitsunes, as well as my place of residence." Tiri'ol paused for a moment, placing a finger to her lips as she pondered what to do.

"I believe there is a small hut near the other soldiers huts you may rest in. Though we normally share our huts, I'll be sure you need not share yours. I'm also afraid with your stature, there isn't much work for you in our cities besides protection." Tiri'ol exclaimed. Yuit hiccuped in her lap, falling half way to sleep after tuckering himself out. Tiri'ol laughed slightly at the sight, smiling. "I will have you as a bodyguard. I believe that will be the best way to give you a full view of our culture and put you in a position that is more to...your abilities."

Tiri'ol stood up, descending from her throne gracefully. She carried Yuit in her right arm, letting him rest against her chest as she stood. Queen Tiri'ol wasn't very tall, perhaps taller than most kitsune females, but she only stood at a good 5'6. She tilted her head back, looking up at Orgoth.

"You are a lot bigger than I thought you'd be." Tiri'ol commented with a soft laugh. "I should have expected such a thing with how the others of your tribe are. Now Rihna...What would you like for such a good deed?" Tiri'ol extended her left hand to the little female kitsune Rihna, palm up. She expected the girl to want some sort of reward, be it something small like seeds or cloth, or something larger like some sort of dime for trade. Tiri'ol didn't seem to mind.

Orgoth raised his head as the Queen addressed him, seeing the frightened young boy bury his face into her clothes to hide from the monster in the room. He had figured the boy was young, the gaze alone was enough to give that away immediately. He knew his stature was intimidating, but that was part of the reason he trained and battled as much as he did. To give a terrifying aura to those that challenged him with weak wills, to ensure he fought and truly fought only the strongest.

Orgoth was silent as she descended, explaining his duties and expressing her surprise at his size, his own piercing gray eyes looking into her slit-pupiled purple ones. Normally, men would have wilted under the immensity of her power and beauty, but it was increasingly obvious that this giant before her was no ordinary human. No, none of the Iron Wolves fell under any category of normalcy.

So, he was to be a bodyguard, was he? Fine by him; meant anyone that came after her would taste the wrought-steel of his swords, feel their bones shatter under the force of his might. It was a thought he relished, savored...But that would come later. He would need to get acquainted with the village layout and the weakness in her home's defenses. Being this was a Kitsune village, he had no doubt there were powerful wards in place to prevent intrusion, but with the threat of Order remnants still lingering, one could never afford to be too careful. Their bitter, crushing defeat made them desperate and hungry for vengeance, especially after seeing the man who brought them together so crudely hung like a trophy from atop their own fortress.

However, Rihna was not expecting the Queen to address her; she paused a little as she tried to consider what she exactly wanted. Being a seamstress in hobby, she almost always asked for thread to help stitch or design the clothes for her village. But earlier today, she had come across an Arachnotaur that was selling her own silk for a coin. "Um...My Queen, if it's not too much trouble, might I have some coin? There's a new material I discovered, but I'm afraid the one selling it is fairly set on coin-trade only." she then asked, rubbing the back of her head in nervousness and giving a slight laugh.

A bubble was forming from Yuit's right nostril as he slept, tears rolling down his tired red face as Tiri'ol looked up at the man. No doubt he was not charmed by her like most humans were. Even the women would fawn over her, plucking one another's eyes out to be but a inch close to her. Tiri'ol was happy that the Iron Wolves were so easy fawn over her, it had made the treaty more bearable.

"I'll show you a tour of our village myself." Tiri'ol came to the conclusion, knowing his imposing stature would scare most of the other kitsune. Even her bodyguards might overact without her being there to explain. Her purple slitted hues turned back to Rihna, who looked to be fighting over what she might want.

When Rihna finally spoke, Tiri'ol smiled and nodded. She had grown used to the trades outside of their kind, if need be they needed something from another race. So Tiri'ol had decided a while ago it would be good to trade outside, trade for coin if they needed to. Kitsunes didn't often trade for coin, finding other means of bargain besides the way others had instilled. Still, coin was always handy to have around if they were not trading with there own kind.

"Of Course." Tiri'ol spoke pinching her fingers up. Her fingers rubbed together, of which a silver coin pooled from the static energy of her fingers. Her fingers clasped the silver coin, rubbing it's oddly circular appearance that held the face of one of the generals the humans were now praising as their lord. Tiri'ol brought it up to her teeth, biting on it to show it was solid silver, before extending her hand back out to give it to Rihna. "You should get your fair share of silk from that coin. The seller will know it's weight." Tirir'ol exclaimed as she smiled.

"Now..let me show you around mighty Orgoth." Tiri'ol smiled, moving gracefully like walking on tiny clouds past him to the little bring with the stream that ran under it. Large bamboo platforms were formed on the large parts of the stream, connected by more small interlocking bamboo bridges. Some had little wares on them, others had little huts. Some were set up for fishing, large groups of kitsune pooling around the edges of the platforms with rods in hands, enjoying the scenery. Rock formations kept half the small village enclosed, a large lake formed below the rock formation, a waterfall spilling into the lake. Steak rolled off the rocks where the waterfall hit, but not many of the kitsune seemed to go near the lake, at least not this late at night. "I don't know what you might enjoy doing, but a common tradition is fishing among some of my kin. There is always weaving of tapestries." Tiri'ol moved gracefully from platform to platform, having pointed at the kitsune fishing not far from her throne. She pointed to her left, where there was another set of open huts. Some of the younger kitsune, male and female, were putting their large looms together, looming their tapestries together effortlessly. There was also some close by that were creating clothing, pinning it together against a log they had shaped in the form of a body. "You may be a bit bigger than they are used to making clothing for, but I'm sure if you ask they'll be more than happy to make something for you." Tiri'ol smiled laughing as she waved at the kitsune that looked up from their looms to wave at her, though they seemed surprised by Orgoth's size.

Tiri'ol pointed to the lake, with the waterfall coming to it. "Many of the kitsune won't go near the waters of the lake at night. We believe a God live sunder the water, and like us does not enjoy to be disturbed at night. The water will boil your skin, peeling the flesh off if you enter it at night. It's best to stay away from it." Tiri'ol explained though she didn't elaborate more of the reasoning as she moved around. She could see a few of the kitsune going near the lake, bringing offerings to the lake to appease the God. Tiri'ol smiled, moving around gracefully. There were large wooden stakes in the ground everywhere they went, talismans wrapped around each stake in brilliant glowing colors that lit up their pathway. Along with the fireflies that were lighting up the sky and lake. "I'm sure you'll be more interested in armory and weapons then any of this though." Tiri'ol finally mentioned.

Still she pointed to the large huts in the distance, far from her throne, they were closed up. Each one rested on land, wooden beams rolling up the side of the large huts and glowing with the same talismans, each one had a door, each one made out of bamboo with large leaves on top, moss covered some of the roofs, and some had flowers springing from them. "The huts that are larger than the others are the ones the warriors stay in. There is one that is empty like I said.. It's one of the large of the huts so you should have more than enough room." The huts were actually quite tall, the ceilings around eleven feet to give anyone that entered more than enough room, since it seemed kitsune enjoyed not feeling so closed in with their walls. She pointed to the smaller huts that were near the larger ones. "The huts that are marked with yellow talismans are warriors huts, those small ones with green talisman are supplies. The ones behind the warrior huts with white talismans are the nurseries, the one in the center with flowers and all the color of the talismans is my hut." Tiri'ol moved as she pointed to the huts speaking, as if she had to say this a million times. Which might of been true, since she seemed surrounded by younger kitsune who might not know their place in this environment. Her hut could barely be visible, behind the large huts of the warriors, and the nursery huts would seem nonexistent. "The other huts where everyone else sleeps is also behind the warrior huts and between the nursery huts. The nursery ones are closer to mine so I can watch them."

Titir'ol shifted, moving to a large gap of land where a large store seemed to be built, a warehouse in comparison to everything else. The doors were shut, locked from the inside, but smoke billowed out from the chimney they had crafted. The back of the building was to the rocky formation, not too far away from the water. Tiri'ol moved up to it, the locks twisted from the other side before the large double doors opened. A kitsune male stood there, silver short hair, three tails as he bowed to Tiri'ol before turning to Orgoth and gawking. The male gulped, wearing nothing more than belts around his waist, pants, and heavy gloves with googles on top his tanned skin.

"M-My lady. I didn't think you would be visiting so soon!" The male claimed, stepping out of the steamy workshop. "An honor as always to have you." The male exclaimed as the clouds of smoke billowed out of the shop, making it hard to see anything more than a brightly lit furnace inside.

"Sweet as always Wao. This is Orgoth from the Iron Wolves, he'll be my body guard from now on. I was giving him a tour of the village, though by most standards I would never bring the children this way..." Tiri'ol looked down at the sleeping Yuit in her arms. "Besides this one, he won't go anywhere without me these days."

"Aye, you give the boy love. He won't find it anywhere else since that high priest..." Wao's face grimaced, at the idea of the high priest. "Well! What would you like me to show him?"

"How you make our weapons and armor. Orgoth, some of us kitsune aren't as gifted with arcane. The stronger of us work on talismans, while some of us that are stronger in body prepare armor and weapons when our arcane isn't the best choice." Tiri'ol looked up at Orgoth, explaining the whole thing. "Wao here has been forging out armor and weapons for..well as long as I can remember. I think this would be the place you would appreciate the most because of your..large swords." Tiri'ol smiled as Wao bolstered a laugh. He only stood at 5'0, but the male's laughter rattled the bamboo of his hut.

"Don't worry it won't burn down like last time." Wao exclaimed looking at Tiri'ol's worried look at the workshop. Wao pounded on the sides. "Used a lot of arcane to stop it from overheating, also got some of the finest rocks from the lake that turned up one night to enclose the insides. It's more steamy then burning hot anymore, makes it easier for us to work longer!" Wao's fists were on his sides, his chest puffing up proud with his wrinkled smile. Tirir'ol nodded her head smiling softly. "Should I give him a tour of the inside?" Wao questioned.

"If Orgoth wants. Otherwise I could try to find something else he might appreciate, or let him rest for tonight until the food is ready."

Rihna seemed to squeal in delight as she brought forth the coin; of course, this particular Arachnotaur knew quite well the value of a Kitsune's silver. Rihna would probably have more silk than she might know what to do with, but that was fine! "Ah! M'lady, thank you greatly! May the Old Ones smile on you!" the dark-fleshed Kitsune giggled gleefullly, rushing out of the hut to meet the spider-like merchant. But the titan merely stood at the ready, waiting for what she might suggest. The 'mighty' before him was a bit unnecessary, as every full-grown Wolf was a berserker able to rampage without relent.

However, Orgoth would decide not to correct her as he then followed her on the guided tour of the village. He was shown residences, market stands and businesses, none of which seemed to appeal to him so far. "To be honest, we hunt larger game and dress very lightly, in many cases in the village not at all." True enough, in the Wolves' community it was very common to see men, women and children walking bare; it made them feel free, much like the four-legged beasts their clan was named from. And their most pried game was the Yaui Goa, an eight-legged spherical monstrosity with armor as tough as their own, strength that surpassed them and several mouths that shot viscous poison globs, able to kill even the toughest Wolf with just the contact alone. It could easily be described as an apex predator. Sure, it was a tough creature to kill...But butchered properly, the meat yielded from their bodies would feed their entire village for many months.

He took note of the locations of the huts, seeing the one he would call his own; it was very close to the Queen's residence, and the layout made sense: Warriors encircling the perimeter would give the younger Kitsune and the Queen ample opportunity to flee if worse came to worse. But it was here the pair came upon an enormous structure, the smell of the fumes very familiar to the Wolf: This was a forge, and a hot one from the heavy iron scent he picked up.

"Aye, the Wolves work with forges so hot the great fire-spewing mountains weep with envy! I'm delighted to see one proud of the smithing arts; it is quite honestly one of my favorites!" Orgoth declared, proudly to Wao who seemed to grin and ask, "I have to say, I wouldn't have expected anything less! Speaking of smithing...Those swords you have. You make them yourself?" The massive warrior seemed to grin, "Aye, and many Order cowards they fell. My Wolve's Teeth shattered and broke so many, and look how sharp they stay!" Wao chuckled a bit nervously; seemed this man was zealous as a warrior, not that it should have surprised him.

"Mind if I hold it? Just for a second, I mean?" Wao asked, wanting to get a feel for the weapon's balance. At this, Orgoth laughed quite loudly and extended the blade hilt-first, clutching the edge between his fingers, "By all means." But as soon as Wao grasped it and the barbarian released, the blade fell to the ground with a tremendous vibrating rumble, the poor kitsune's fingers trapped under the grip. "That's...a heavy one, for sure.." he choked, holding back tears as he then strained, able to lift it up with great effort and his entire body shaking from the effort; true, Kitsune were stronger than the average human, but this was a weapon designed by Orgoth specifically for cutting down anything in his way. "There's no way....*huff*...you can use this in battle. It's way too heavy!" he strained to say, face scrunched from the exertion before Orgoth took his blade back, letting the smith breathe more easily once more.

Orgoth then grinned even more, and with a mere flick of his arms shot both swords completely skyward, the blades disappearing into the black of the night sky. "I suggest you stand back a few paces, Queen Tiri'ol." he then said off-handedly to the woman accompanying him. Wao just stared up, his eyes wide in shock; he wasn't seriously going to try and catch it, was he? And there Orgoth stood, arms crossed as if this was completely normal. "Y..you're not serious are you? What if they come down right on top of you?" the Kitsune stammered, to which Orgoth replied, "That makes it more fun! We play this game all the time, we call it one of the 'True Wolves Tests'. If you don't have confidence to catch your design, you do not deserve to wield them!" A very faint whistling could be heard, and the glint of the sword flashed in the light of the young moon before hurtling straight down towards Orgoth. And with what seemed like inhuman reflexes, he reached out to his sides and neatly caught both blades, fingers gripping the handles quite firmly. Wao let out a sigh of relief, rubbing his brow as he asked"Listen, please don't do that again, yeah? You just got here, we don't need you skewering yourself alright?"

Orgoth gave a low rumbling chuckle and turned to the Queen, "I believe we have found something I would like to do. But the journey here was long; I believe some rest would do me good. Unless there is anything else I should know about the village?" He seemed non-chalant about nearly turning himself into a human pike, but then, the Wolves were a rather 'unhinged' bunch to begin with, especially when it came to proving their ferocity and bravado.

Tiri'ol watched in amusement as Orgoth's face twisted in enjoyment when Wao started speaking. She was glad she had found someone and something to make him feel more at home, and it seemed Wao and him would become best friends fast.

"I'm sure Wao would be more then pleased to show you our forges, and possibly find you some good work inside their work space." Tiri'ol mused as she smiled at the two of them. She watched as Wao and Orgoth shared a moment about his swords, a soft giggle leaving her lips as she watched Wao try to hold onto one of the large swords. Tiri'ol reached her hand forward, brushing a tear from Wao's eyes as he used all this strength to pick up the weapon and hand it back to Orgoth. Wao was out of breath by this exchange and Tiri'ol's head quickly turned back to Orgoth who spoke.

Bewilderment found her as she watched the mountain of a man fling his swords effortlessly into the night sky. Tiri'ol backed up a few feet away from Orgoth, watching Wao do much the same. Tiri'ol's body tensed, watching the swords come down as Orgoth spoke, and her body twitched as he grabbed the swords without harming himself. She released a deep breath, a whistle almost as she shook her head.

"If any of our warriors tried that..I'm sure we'd have a third of the forces we have now.." Tiri'ol sighed.

"I would love to show him around!" Wao commented, energetic like always. Such an older kitsune looked still so young in comparison to how human's aged. Tiri'ol had always wondered how he stayed so energetic, but perhaps it was the work he loved so much. Still when Orgoth commented about a long journey Tiri'ol looked at him and nodded. Wao straightened himself out, smiling with a laugh. "Then tomorrow I'll show you the forge and our weapons! Perhaps you can give me some input on what we can do better!" Wao commented, excited by the idea.

"Tomorrow then. I'll make sure he knows the way back here." Tiri'ol smiled, and Wao nodded bowing his head and waving as he moved to disappear inside the work house. The doors shut again, the locks moving back in place. More of a means of keeping the young out of the shop then keeping anyone inside. "I can always show you the kitchen hut later, there is small springs inside each warriors hut, as well as the smaller residences, for bathing and such. We use the plants to bath ourselves, so I hope you won't find anything wrong with the mixtures near the spring for you." Tiri'ol smiled moving to turn her back to the work hut. "This way then!"

Tiri'ool easily mad the way through the small bridges, through some of the small open huts with kitsune still working. She moved through the platforms until she got to the larger huts, moving around them until she got to one in particular. This one was positioned right in front of her own hut, though her's did sit in the center, the door to her hut faced the back of this one. The warrior huts had doors out the front and back way. Tiri'ol stood in front of this hut, pressing a hand on the bamboo doors and pushing it open. She stepped inside, watching the roots from the flowers that had sprouted on the hut pull down. On the bottom of the roots were little small orbs that lit up bright blue colored, illuminating the entirety of the hut in it's glow. Tiri'ol turned around smiling, there were several beds off to the left behind her, thick things made from plenty of thin tree branches and hides bunched together. No doubt the beds could be pulled together, forming a large enough bed for him comfortably. A large work table was laid out against the wall, along with a large glass mirror that stood next to the work table and bench. There was a basket on the table, filled with many different bottles of mixtures, towels had been neatly folded on the table as well. To the right the bamboo floor changed, as if by some type of magic. Plants grew around the right side of the room, like they were in some form of a rain forest. Tree branches hung over the crystal blue water, a rock formation in the ground surrounded by the deepest green grass, moss, flowers, and the spring of water in the center of the rock formation would have been big enough and deep enough for Orgoth to fully submerge himself, well three of him to be exact. There was also a large dresser by the right of the doors that Tiri'ol pointed to, and to the left was another large metal box for weapons and armor.

"I hope everything is alright in here. It's been a while since this hut has been used, and when we heard you were coming, I figured it would nice to have it cleaned. If you need anything just ask one of the warriors to the left or right of your hut and they'll be sure to find someone to fetch what you need. The feasting hall its to the east of here." Tiri'ol pointed through Orgoth so he might turn around to see another large hut that was large enough to host everyone at once, the open roof with smoke boiling it from it as the food was being cooked. "We are a family type here, and choose to eat together. I hope that is alright. The food should be ready soon if you choose to join us. I'll leave you to rest now. Yuit needs to be put down." Tiri'ol smiled and closed her eyes as she moved to go back to the doors. "If you need me, I'll be in my hut in the center." Tiri'ol turned then going to her own hut and leaving him there.

"Oi, see you around tomorrow Orgoth!" Wao called out before he closed the doors, leaving the giant with their Queen as she took him to where he would be resting. The different huts they passed through were somewhat narrow for him due to his broad shoulders, but he managed to maneuver fairly well for one so sizable. Once they reached, the warrior was able to get a better look: The outside was rather simplistic; in his own camp, they slept on the ground using boulders and mounds of dirt as their resting supports. So he expected his own to be as such, even if he was surprised by the inclusion of mixtures and springs for bathing. Private bathing was very uncommon among his clan; a local water body always served as both their wash and fish supply if it had any. Plants, however, were common as they often used soaproot to clean themselves of grime and sweat after a hunt.

Stepping inside, Orgoth's surprise only grew as different gem-like growths sprang to life, bathing the entirety of the huts interior in a radiant blue glow. And though the light gave Tiri'ol a radiant halo of light much like the humans considered their God to be, the barbarian was more interested in the light spectacles themselves. He'd never seen such things, even more so when the floor beneath his feet changed instantly. The fact that he was supposed to be the only sleeping here was also strange; their instincts called for sleeping together as a group, changing sentry duties every few nights to ensure the security of their camp. It was only the first night though, and Orgoth was nothing if not adaptable.

After all, the existence in the Wildlands demanded it, else it meant death.

But when she pointed to the main dining area, Orgoth felt a similarity to home: The smoke reminded him of the large roaring fires their clan kept, and the times where he would have to work to keep it going during the heavy storms in the cold seasons. "It is more than alright; it's exactly how the iron Wolves ate. Together, everyone in sight. It was a time to remember why we lived, how we lived. Eat, drink and be merry, for you might not live to see the next light of day. We didn't have huts, however; we dug in and built dens much like the Tuns Goa of old." he explained, turning back to face her.

"I will join you all shortly. Thank you for the offer." he replied as she left, the door barely closing as he dropped his weapons and already began stripping his armor, showing that the scars went further than imagined. His bronzed flesh rippled with muscle as he let each piece fall, the last being the heavy boots of his feet before he climbed in, expecting it to be cold but finding it a pleasing warm. He saw no fire, however, wondering if this was a brand of magic used to heat the spring or if it was naturally hot like this. Regardless, he cleaned himself thoroughly, the gnarled scars felt quite prominently beneath his thick fingers. Each one a physical memory of a battle past, a victory had. The ragged hair received a rinsing, the dirt coming out easily as he then reached for one of the mixture bottles. He opened it a little only to close it tight again, his sensitive nose bombarded with overwhelming scent; trying another, he found it much milder and decided to use that.

Within a short window, he was clean and re-placing his armor when he heard a knock at the door. All he had on was his boots at the moment, so without thinking he went and answered it, only to find the one named Rihna at his door. "You're the one who led me here...Rihna, was it?" Orgoth stated, Rihna's eyes fixed quite intently to his groin before a noticeable flush reddened her cheeks and she was forced to turn away, eyes squinched shut from the sight. "Who answers the door naked? We're not in your village anymore, you know!" she muttered through gritted teeth; granted she was impressed that a human was like that, but still...So indecent!

Not bothering to apologize, Orgoth just responded with "Did you need something from me?" to which she screamed "THE QUEEN IS AT THE DINING HALL, GO MEET HER, YOU FATHEAD!" before running off towards the hut. "Whoever said the Kitsune were level-headed needs to re-examine themselves." the giant muttered before returning to fully dress himself. It was here he then went to meet the Queen, herself seated at the head of a long table surrounded by three others, all of whom possessed eight tails. There was a muttering from the others as he walked past, some amazed at such a massive human whilst others muttered distrustful and even hateful words, saying that he would only bring ruin and filth to their Queen.

"Orgoth, was it? Name's Miwa" said one blonde-haired Kitsune male, dressed in a plain white-robe accented in red and white pants. It seemed this was the outfit of the Royal Guard, for the other two were dressed the same way. One possessed fiery red hair and one had hair the color of the night itself, but one trait all three shared were the golden irises, the precursor hue before the evolution to becoming a 'Nine-Tail'. Patting the chair next to him, he smiled "Sit, the feast is about to commence." Orgoth did as such, the chair creaking loudly and starting to buckle from the weight, setting his swords down seemed to lessen the load but a few others laughed at his expense. Not out of cruelty, but genuine laughter at the hilarity of the occurrence.

Tiri'ol had been pleased she had found two things Orgoth was happy about. At least now she knew he wouldn't feel as much as an outcast in her community, or at least she would try her best to make sure he didn't feel like one.

Tiri'ol found herself in her own hut, a glorious thing, much brighter than Orgoth's hut, but it was bathed in brilliant yellow lights. Her bed was in the center of the room, a smaller bed, a crib, was set up to the right of her bed. Sighing, Tiri'ol walked over to it with the infant Yuit in her arms, setting him down in the crib and covering him up. She pushed the little blanket with a bunny head to his face watching Yuit instinctively grasp it with both his arms. Tiri'ol moved, grabbing something and wiping off his face until she moved, undressing to take her own bath in her own spring of water.

Submerging herself in the water was something great. Washing all nine of her tails, her long hair, every inch of her body with the bottles. Of course Tiri'ol picked the heavier scent of the bottles, finding the scents more soothing. Her eyes closed as she moved around, stretching in the water as the knock came to her door. Her ears twitched under the water before she moved to resurface. Hitting the surface made her sigh, as she pushed her hair out of the way to stare at her white colored bamboo doors. Her hut stood out for more reasons then one, one being that the warriors huts were also a deeper darker brown just like the platforms, the nurseries being a soft shade of blue, and her hut was white stalk bamboo.

"Who is it?" Tiri'ol called moving to the edge of her sping. Her wrapped her arms around, resting her chin on the ground as she looked at the door patiently with her purple hues. "Come in now, you had something to say." Tiri'ol watched the door swing open, one of her guards stepping in and bowing.

"The feast is being set at the table, my Queen." Tiri'ol smiled at the seven tailed kitsune with brown eyes and blond hair.

"I'll be there in a moment. Can you send someone to fetch Orgoth? I put him in the empty hut." the female bowed, moving to leave as Tiri'ol raised her hand looking at the crib. "Also, make sure there is a spot for Yuit near me. I'd like him to be by the other children tonight." The female bowed her head.

"As you wish my queen." The guard called before shutting Tiri'ol's doors.

Tiri'ol pulled herself from the waters, grabbing a towel and drying herself off. She moved, grabbing a new robe and wrapping it around her frame. This room was decorated much like the night skies, many stars embroidered in the fabric, the moon as well. Tiri'ol pulled her hair out of the robe as she tightened it, allowing the long flowing sleeves to fall down. She brushed her hair, her tails, cleaned her ears before moving to pick up Yuit.

Yuit awoke in the middle of being changed, but he helped her change him into a different set of clothing. Tiri'ol smiled, watching the boy brush his own hair and tail with his own little brush before jumping onto her shoulder.

"Did the scary man leave?" Yuit asked as Tiri'ol moved to leave her hut.

"No. He'll be staying with us for a long time. I suggest you get used to his presence." Tiri'ol pushed the doors open, watching the lights in her huts stop glowing as the door shut behind her. Yuit, displeased with her words, crawled on top of the Queen's head. Tiri'ol didn't move to stop him, wrapping her hands together in her long robe sleeves as she walked gracefully to the feasting hall.

"Why does he have to stay! He's so big and ugly!" Yuit huffed, wanting to get his way. Tiri'ol smiled, amused by little Yuit's words as he sat on top her head between her ears. His legs were wrapped under him, his little hands on his ankles as he watched her walk.

"I want him to feel comfortable Yuit. Just like I'd enjoy every one of you to feel comfortable as well." Tiri'ol explained as she got closer to the hall. It was a common thing to her anymore, infants wanting to climb over her, especially one tails when they were young. So it was no surprise to anyone to see Yuit on top of her head much like a head dress. Tiri'ol was patient, understanding, compassionate and loving. All things made her a great leader. "I made him a bodyguard, it will suit his abilities. He also met Wao today, and they got along well. One day Yuit, you'll find some other one tails that you feel comfortable with and want to be around all the time. Orgoth may not be kitsune, but we will treat him like family while he is here." Tiri'ol didn't need to explain any of this to Yuit, for she was Queen and her ruling was final, yet still she explained. Tiri'ol smiled as there were children and other kitsune funneling into the feasting hall. She saw some of the madiens, of which took care of the nursery, bringing in the larger batch of children. Tiri'ol reached up on top of her head, gently picking Yuit off her head.

"A-Aye! Quee- Mommy don't!" Yuit cried as Tiri'ol moved to give him to one of the maidens. Yuit, distraught grabbed onto her robe and cried. "Don't! I don't wanna leave you! Please don't make me leave mommy!" Yuit cried. Tiri'ol looked at him, sighing softly as she closed her eyes.

"I promised you when your parents died from the high priest I would never leave you Yuit. I have raised you as my own, giving you more attention then the others but you won't be young forever, and you must spend time with others beside me to grow properly." Yuit looked up at her, wiping his eyes as he cried. "I love you, I love everyone. So please, go with the Maidens and other children tonight, I won't be too far away if you are scared. I won't leave you." Yuit breathed in deeply as he wiped his eyes. He looked over his shoulder looking at a plump female kitsune dressed in a pastel blue dress opening her arms to take him from the Queen with a smile. Yuit, crying nodded, going to the woman as he stuck his thumb in his mouth to suck it.

"I'll promise to take good care of him, my Queen." The plump little thing said smiling. Yuit hide his face in the woman's neck his ears folded on his head and tail swishing. Tiri'ol reached forward stroking Yuit's back.

"I know you will Loina..you always take good care of them." Tiri'ol watched, waiting for them to go inside first. She moved then, passing by the kitsune that were already seated as she moved to the head. Her guards were standing, waiting for her to arrive. Tiri'ol smiled, moving to her seat and sitting down in her chair. "Is Orgoth here yet?" Tiri'ol asked one of her guards as they sat down.

"Here he comes now, my Queen." One of the guards pointed. Tiri'ol raised her eyes watching the mammoth of a man walk in. Tiri'ol smiled watching one of the guards, Miwa converse with Orgoth. She watched Orgoth sit, giggling as he creaked against the chair.

Tiri'ol clapped her hands together watching the kitsune come forward, wearing aprons and carrying large plates of food. She watched the men and women, steam roaring off the tops of the bowls as they came in singing putting the plates in front of the people. She breathed in deeply, smelling all sorts of wonderful things. The plates and large bowls of food were sat down at the furthest end away from them moving closer to where Orgoth, the guards and the Queen seat for last. She waited patiently, seeing the bowls full of fresh fruits, some of mixtures of rice and vegetables, plates full of boar and chicken, some with large fish pilled up, others had breads and greens, and there were even large bowls full of soups and salads. Tiri'ol stood up when all the food was placed, watching the kitsune that had cooked standing behind the ones seated as they smiled.

"It smells and looks so beautiful, I thank you all for creating such a wonderful meal for all of us. I'm pleased everyone is here, and everyone is together. Let us all remember the ones who have fallen in times of need, that built us this city, that lost their lives to protect our kind, and let us remember this was created with love and joy." Tiri'ol smiled, happy for the moment as she extended her arms. "Now, let us let the nice men and women of our clan that created this meal for us serve themselves first before we all dig in. I would also like everyone to welcome Orgoth, from the Iron Wolves to our clan with open arms. For from this night forth he will be one of my new bodyguards. Please make him feel welcomed and at home as you would your own children, and children of other kitsune family." With that Tiri'ol sat down, straightening out her robe as she sighed. She hadn't bothered to listen to her guards talking about how Orgoth would ruin her, she didn't need their advice right now. Instead she watched as the cooks prepared their own dishes before moving to sit down at the table, and when that was done, everyone else went to the bowls to put the food on their plats to eat.

Tiri'ol was patient, grabbing a small bowl as everyone helped place food on their plates family style. She filled her bowl up with some miso soup, placing it on her plate as she began to eat it. "I'm sure our food is probably quite different from your clans, but I hope it is still to your liking Orgoth. These are much kitsune traditional dishes."

Orgoth sat and listened as the Queen gave her speech, welcoming him into the fold of the Kitsune. Her declaration seemed to have made it official, but it was more than obvious that quite a few did not seem to particularly enjoy a brute like him among their kind. Not that he would care either way; he was only here to honor a debt, as was expected of his people. He had no intention of learning about them, for when his service was done, he would return to his own family.

Still, it seemed that the Kitsune did share another trait that he was not expecting to find: Those that hunted and prepared the food ate first, meaning Orgoth - being the Chieftain's main guard - would eat after them more than once in a while. It wasn't long at least, before the massive trays and bowls of food were passed around, the sounds of china being struck gently by the tableware beginning to resonate with the overtones of conversation between the Kitsune. And true to his nature as a Wolf, his plate was almost entirely devoid of vegetables and even bread. Fish, chicken and boar were piled high, his thick fingers taking a sizable chunk of forest swine and devouring it noisily, his jaws working and ripping the gamey flesh apart.

Those sitting closest to him had looks of concern; would this man really be alright here? Miwa, the one he talked to earlier, tried to get the giant's attention but Orgoth bared his teeth, the surfaces yellowed but surprisingly clean, and snarled, thinking he was trying to take food from his plate. "Whoa, easy there, boy..." the guard said cautiously, pointing to the untouched fork and knife at the side of his plate, the tablecloth around it already dotted with flecks of meat juice. "Those are there for a reason, you know?" Orgoth looked at him curiously, then picked up the meat knife, meant for cutting the roast into smaller chunks.

Instead, however, he put the point of the blade right between his teeth; some of the others began to notice, disgusted by his lack of table manners. "Oi, big man...Might want to not do that, you know?" said the red-haired guard, to which Orgoth said only "I don't understand; if I'm not to pick my teeth with them, then what use do these have?" The guard then motioned to those still eating, stating "Look at them, see how they use it to cut their meat?" Orgoth unceremoniously tossed the last chunk of his first piece into his mouth, saying with his mouth full "That's what hands are for. Gripping, breaking, tearing, you name it."

The third black-haired guard sighed and picked up Orgoth's fork, holding it to him, "Here, just try using this..." Orgoth looked at the multi-pronged tool curiously; why would a miniature tri-pointed spear be used for eating? This was a weapon meant to pierce living enemies, not dead flesh; still , the Wolf looked up and saw one of the younger ones stabbing the meat with her fork in an overhead motion. Thinking that must be they were referring to, Orgoth raised the fork high above him and before anyone could stop him brought it down, shattering the plate that held his meat. Thankfully the table was sturdy and did not break, though some had to try and catch wayward dishes the jumped, though the titan seemed to care little as he brought the ceramic-dotted flesh to his mouth and started to chew, looks of exasperation on the guard's faces as he continued to eat without hesitation.

Clearly, this one had much to learn.

The whole feasting hall had gone silent at the spectacle that was befalling all of them. Orgoth seemed to care little for his surroundings and manners, and everyone was staring at him. Queen Tiri'ol watched him carefully, a spoon full of her warm miso soup held up above the bowl. She watched Miwa try to usher him into eating properly, but it only seemed to make matters worse.

To make everything else worse for her, she looked down the table to see some of the younger kitsune mimicking Orgoth. They ate with their hands and made a mess. Annoyed, Tiri'ol put down her spoon into her bowl. She pushed out her chair with a loud sigh and stood up. The kitsune children paused, looking at her with the rest of the kitsune.

Tiri'ol moved behind Orgoth picking up some of the shards of his plate and handing it to a kitsune servant behind her. She picked up some of the meat that had chunks of plate in it and smiled softly. "Take these please and be sure to recycle them into something new. Give the good pieces of meat to the animals." The servant nodded before going away she ushered another kitsune servant over, one that had been eating just moments before. "Can you bring him a new dish please? Thank you." The servant nodded before Tiri'ol stopped them. "Bring a metal one that he won't be able to destroy and get in his food. I'm sure there is something in the kitchen Wao made for cooking that will suffice." The two servants were off then, doing as they were told.

"You tried well to do what he said. How about trying not to hit the table and food with such force." Tiri'ol smiled softly at him, trying to be gentle with her wording. Though she did lean in to mention something now. "The children are watching you and trying to mimic what you are doing. I would appreciate if you could try to work with me on learning proper table tactic so the children learn how to behave properly." Tiri'ol straightened herself then, she smiled at the children.

The servant returned with a large metal saucer, thick enough Orgoth wouldn't be able to bend it too much. They sat it down in front of him, before grabbing the meats he had orginally had on his plate and setting some new ones down on the plate for him. Tiri'ol smiled nodding her head and thanking the servant as she sighed. "I would appreciate it if you could try to chew and swallow before talking as well. My kind find it quite insulting when someone speaks with their mouth full of food." Tiri'ol said to him softly patting his shoulder as she looked at the children. "Have we all learned something here tonight? Don't mimic everything you see. Correct?" The children looked at her, tails and ears flickering as they nodded their heads.

"Yes Queen Tiri'ol." The children called in unison.

"Good." Tiri'ol patted Orgoth's large shoulder softly before moving gracefully back to her seat and sitting down. She picked up her spoon to begin eating once more. "You can resume. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed." With that the hall returned to talking and conversing, everyone eating once more in peace.

Orgoth was honestly confused; what did it matter how one ate their flesh? To consume was to live, and to not do so meant not living. Moreso, they would often contest themselves whenever they had an abundance of meat to see who could devour the most. There was no prize except reinforcing that whoever emerged the victor claimed superiority in that respect. Even still, didn't seem too fazed by everything, especially given that the hunk of meat was already in his mouth. In just a few moments, his place was cleared and a metal dish now set before him.

"I fail to see how different eating styles will affect my nourishment intake." Orgoth huffed; still, he was here to make peace not cause trouble. He took his fork, now somewhat dented from the impact, and picked up a smaller piece of the fish that had been passed around. He still chewed rather noisily, and it wasn't long before the old habits of him ramming food down his throat came back in force. However, at least they seemed to be satisfied that he was using a fork; and soon enough, the meal ended, Orgoth's burly fingers wrapped around a bottle of wine that he had downed in its entirety. The Wolves had their own versions of fermented beverages, but they were harsher and more to sharpen the senses after a hunt or battle.

And just when things couldn't possibly get any worse for the Kitsune, they were about to experience how the Iron Wolves thanked their hosts. The barbarian then let out a long, echoing belch that threatened to deafen any that sat near, the children actually starting to laugh and clap at the large man's outburst. "Thank you for the meal!" he then bellowed; lifting the massive clear bottle, he then slammed it against his forehead, the glass shattering and falling all around him.

No one could speak, nor could any of the adults believe this was even real; was this really how the barbarians acted? No wonder they were seen as savages, there were no other words to describe them! And based on the looks some of them were giving him - those that weren't currently trying to shush their children from mimicking the Wolf's belching - it was obvious that the Queen was going to have some angry residents demanding his removal.

Ko, the red-haired Guard, was absolutely speechless but then busted out laughing for no reason, a hand clapping over her mouth. "Ko! Don't reinforce this one's ill manners!" Miwa chastised, to which the woman responded "What? You have to admit, he definitely lives up to the reputation!" Rai'thi, the black-haired Guard, added "She does have a point, Miwa. As atrocious as his manner is, we have to remember that the barbarians live out in the wild. It's not like he's lived in a village like this; no, one with his scarring had to be born and raised out there with the dangers." Orgoth snorted, "Dangers? Ha! The Iron Wolves *are* the danger! Even the mighty Yaui Goa fall before us!"

"I understand you may not see the differences in our eating style. The nutrition of the food will always remain the same, but I fear the Iron Wolves ways of eating and presenting them differ from everyone else. In fact, I only know of one other clan to the north that acts in such a similar manner." Tiri'ol looked at him, her brows twitching at Orgoth's ignorance. No doubt it was very similar to talking to an infant, except the infants knew better than to question the king. Tiri'ol had put down her spoon, not even eating a third of her bowl of soup as she sighed.

"You didn't eat a lot, my lady." One of the kitsune on the long table near her noticed. Tiri'ol smiled nodding her head to the kitsune,, no doubt her conversation with Orgoth had made her stomach uneasy. "Are you alright?" The kitsune asked, concerned.

"I'll be fine. I'm just not hungry anymore." Tiri'ol admitted watching the children and the rest of the kitsune finish eating. The bakers were the first ones done, and they got up to help remove plates as the kitsune finished though one came over to Tiri'ol noticing her bowl still nearly full.

"I'll make sure to bring some food to your hut later, my lady." The kitsune had a long white beard, black glasses against his dark skin. Tiri'ol looked up at the man, watching as he took her bowl and she smiled at him sweetly. "You must eat my lady, it worries us when you don't." The male muttered to her, knowing the guards could hear him no doubt but perhaps Orgoth wouldn't.

"You are too sweet Yade, thank you. I appreciate your concern, if it'll put you at ease I would much enjoy such a thing." Yade smiled, nodding his head to the queen before moving away from the table. Only, he stopped with the other bakers bringing empty dishes back as Orgoth's lips split and raddled the table. His belch was loud enough to not only shook the entire kitsune, but to shake the entire large oak table and to shatter a few glasses. All the kitsune, including Queen Tiri'ol, looked at Orgoth with wide eyes. The children laughed, some slamming their fists on the table, and Tiri'ol watched as one tried to open their mouth to mimic him. She jumped onto her feet, knocking her chair down in the process as she slammed her hands on the table. "Enough!" Tiri'ol's brows furrowed, agitated beyond belief as she glared at Orgoth then the children mimicing him. "Miwa, I expect you to teach Orgoth some table manners for tomorrow morning. Laiq'pa! Get the children, take them to their huts. Until Orgoth learns how we eat properly the children are to remain in their huts to feast. I won't have any complaints, I will not tolerate such savagery in our home, and I will not have our children mimic it." Laiq'pa was one of the maidens who took care of the children. Surprised she nodded her head before standing up, getting the rest of the maidens to stand up as well and usher out the children.

"I understand the Iron Wolves do things differently, but you are our quest, and you are to comply to how we do things. This is to be an exchange so you can see how we live and live like us, not try to make our children act like you." Tiri'ol's teeth were barred, her eyes turning to glare at the guard that had been laughing at the matter. "I want you to help Miwa teach him some manners. This may be funny to you, but this is not the way to guard or lead. I'm disappointed in your actions." The hall was silent, it wasn't often Tiri'ol got mad, but everyone knew better than to defy her. "I understand the Iron Wolves are great warriors with no comparison, but us kitsune are known for our rituals, love, and manners. I apologize Sir Orgoth, but if you can not come to learn the terms and way of our people I'm not sure I can keep you inside my city walls." Tiri'ol wasn't trying to start a war, but she couldn't have a brute going mad inside her walls disturbing her entire way of life and order.

With those last words in mind, Tiri'ol left the feasting hut. The other kitsune were quiet, going about cleaning up the hall after Tiri'ol had stormed out. Yuit had stayed behind, moving to follow Tiri'ol out. He gripped her agitated hand as they walked back to Queen Tiri'ol's hut in silence. No doubt, Yuit had not wanted to be away from her any longer after the meal, and he knew Tiri'ol. She had been raising him for the last seventeen years as her own children since his parents death.

"He made you really angry.." Yuit proclaimed when they got inside of Tiri'ol's hut. He was climbing along the walls, on branches that lined the inside of her house. "You haven't been that angry since the purging of the priest, when he wiped out several kitsune villages." Yuit remembered, he had been only ten at the time. Still an infant at this age, but he had known enough to know what had happened.

"That was different Yuit. He exterminated us like rats for not worshiping his God. He annihilated two thirds of our entire population. We used to stretch from the sea to the mountains peacefully. Now? We only remain near the water." Tiri'ol's arm was extending pointing further north where the mountains were. She remembered the kitsune in the mountains, their pearl white fur, the firey markings on their skin. "Most of them fled here, or tried to from the mountains. I gave them shelter, I gave them somewhere to work, I gave them back everything they lost. Everything but the other nine tails." Tiri'ol closed her eyes sighing and rubbing her forehead. "I can't stand that type of ignorance, the type Orgoth is flashing in my face. It's the same look the priest gave to me when he told me he would eliminate our whole kind." Tiri'ol moved over to her vanity, siting down as she gripped her hair with both hands.

"I know I wanted him gone and that he's scary, but..he's not the Priest. You told me only the Priest's followers remained, but that giant's kind helped us get rid of him!" Yuit knew he didn't like Orgoth, his ill manners and scary stature, but he knew his was also not good for Tiri'ol. "Miwa will teach him our eating manners.." Yuit had learned from Miwa as well, as much as the children learned things from the guards when Tiri'ol was too busy maintaining other things. Yuit also knew Tiri'ol didn't enjoy not being able to control the situation. For she was a leader, and she needed to control what she could. "Will you eat something when Yade comes with the food?" Yuit wondered worriedly. He remembered Queen Tiri'ol barely eating during the purging. She had barely slept at all either, too stressed with the task of taming the madness that was before her. Now? She had to tame the madness of a beast she had let inside her home.

"I'm the Queen Yuit! If I don't want to eat, I won't!" Tiri'ol banged her fists into her vanity, shaking everything on top of it and causing Yuit to jump on his perch in surprise.

Orgoth snarled as the Queen directed her fury at him; no doubt he did not enjoy being ordered around by someone that was not Fang. Even though he was honor-bound to serve her, there was nothing forcing him to learn her way of life aside from her desire to control the village. Ko reached down and gripped his wrist, as if to tell him to not try and anything, before she too was lambasted for her lack of grace. "Yes, Your Grace." she replied meekly, eyes and tails drooping; that meant herself and Miwa were going to be up late into the night, using some of the remaining food as practice material.

"Wow, I haven't seen her this upset since the Priest's force tried to wipe this village out." Miwa muttered after Tiri'ol left, to which Orgoth replied, "All because I eat as I normally have. Hardly a comparable offense to near-annihilation." This made the guard's brow tick a little, "The Queen is still extremely fearful that the Order will return. She had accepted your clan's offer of protection, true, but in truth she knew little of your ways just as you were ignorant of ours." The titan snorted, "Then clearly this village has isolated you from the harsh realities of the wild. You think the Kitsune were the only ones affected by that damned Priest?! The barbarian tribes were nearly extinct thanks to him! My fellow Wolves, butchered like animals! And yet you sit here and complain about how to eat! In the face of death, what does that matter!?"

At this Miwa couldn't control his anger anymore, "The Order is shattered, you savage! Any remnants will be FAR easier to deal with, so at the very least we can pound some civility into that thick boulder you call a skull!" Orgoth bellowed angrily, standing up and nearly flipping the table as he grabbed his blades, "Civility is why you Kitsune are so weak! " Ko stepped between them, "ENOUGH YOU TWO! WE'RE ALLIES, REMEMBER!?" Both Miwa and Orgoth still glared daggers at each other, obviously heated over something so irrelevant. Ko breathed, "Orgoth...Miwa...Listen to me. The peace between us is fragile, yes, but not easily broken." She then turned and faced the giant, adding "Look, we know how harsh it is out there. Out there, it's kill or be killed. The fact that you've lived as long as you have is a blessing under those conditions." She then turned to her fellow guard, "And as for you, Rai'thi pointed that out himself. But we can't expect him to know our ways right off the bat. I know you care about the Queen, but getting angry isn't going to help. So help me help him, alright?" Ko didn't usually get serious like this, but when she did it was an evident reminder that she was fiercely loyal.

Her eight red tails swishing, she then let out a heavy sigh, "Right, let's get to work then." Thankfully, those that cleaned up left a setting so that Orgoth would be able to practice. At the very least, they could try to teach him the use of a knife and fork, right? The barbarian was seated once more, Yade heading to the hut to give the Queen the rest of her meal - sparing a few fish filet, a boar loin and some chicken thighs from the massive platter he was bringing her - and walked past them, beginning what was likely to be a repeat lesson for this brute.

Yade, meanwhile, soon arrived at the Queen's door and was about to knock when he heard the pitter-patter of tiny footsteps; no doubt it was Yuit. Bless the poor lad, he was so attached to Tiri'ol after the gruesome tragedy of his parents' deaths. Soon enough the door opened to reveal the brown-haired Kitsune smiling at him. "Mister Yade! I smell food! Mommy, Yade's here!" the boy called out enthusiastically, the elderly Kitsune walking into the hut, placing the tray of food and soup on the table just next to the Queen.

Yade then smiled, "I do worry about the Order as well, my Queen...But if I might be so bold..." He then paused and took a small breath, "M'lady...I know that the Wolf is not exactly...'proper'. But please try to understand that he does intend to honor the agreement as much as he possibly can. All this information: Manners, etiquette, civility. It will take time for him to adjust. I do not pretend to understand the trials he and his tribe have had to endure, especially during the Priest's reign of terror. But...I am from the mountains, which is a fairly close second." Truth be told, he still imagined the days when the bastard's army marched up the cliffs, turning the beautiful stone range into a towering inferno. And try as they might, the fire-arcana of their Weavers was simply too strong, the wind magic only feeding their cursed flames.

He then gently touched Tiri'ol on the shoulder, "Just...please give him time, Your Grace. He will adjust...Out there, after all, not doing such means you're not likely to see the next sunrise."

Tiri'ol was fuming, only when Yuit came back to her side and pulled on her sleeve did she realize Yade had come inside with some food. She blinked, her tails having been thrashing and her ears back on her head, her nails had dug onto the wood of her vanity.

"Oh Yade, you are so sweet." Tiri'ol looked at the food he had brought her sighing. She brushed her hair out of her face, her ears standing back up and her tails relaxing. Tiri'ol turned to Yuit who looked worried by her right side. She opened her mouth to speak but Yuit's ears picked up and he scampered away knowing what she was going to ask for. This left Yade and her alone, Queen Tiri'ol looking up at him with wise eyes.

"You are right Yade, I should give him time. It's just so infuriating. I used to be fine with the chaos before the purging, but now if I can't control everything and make everyone get along and act proper I..it just reminds me of that smug priest." Tiri'ol sighed, pulling the plate forward. "Majority of us that live in this village now didn't originally come here, did we? You used to live in the mountains, I used to live in the middle of the Continent. Everyone had a nine tail leader before the purging...and then we all came here and made do of best we could." Tiri'ol mused smiling softly.

Yuit came back then, carrying a large tray over his head. He had brought her a pitcher of warm tea, as well as three bowls with soups; miso, Suki, and a clear vegetable soup. He brought the tray over, and Tiri'ol took it from him thanking him as she put it on her vanity. "We all lost people we loved and were forced into difficult situations. I know this and yet it still caused me anger. I guess I should be more compassionate, I just can't stand the children mimicking him, everyone else will laugh at us if we even try to go to the festivals with him acting like that." Yuit crawled onto her vanity next to her soup and sat down, his ears were folded back in concern.

"It'll be okay moma. He'll learn!" Yuit was trying to be uplifting, though he hadn't the man dearly without knowing him. He knew how important this treaty was to Tiri'ol, and he wanted to make it work.

"Let's hope for everyone he learns how to behave like us before we go to the festival. I'll apologize tomorrow. For now I think I'll eat your delicious meal and go to bed. Thank you Yade." Tiri'ol smiled up at him softly gripping his shoulder as well and squeezing it. "Get some rest, you made a lovely meal."

Yade nodded his head, a stifled yawn leaving as he replied, "Of course, my Queen." laying his own hand gently on hers. True, the loss of the other Nine-Tails was devastating; Tiri'ol was lucky to have survived the purge, along with the seven and eight-tailed Kitsunes that were once guards themselves. Otherwise it could have been years, centuries even, before another would rise to Tiri'ol's rank. Because of this, he too hoped that the man at least tried to develop a form of proper etiquette. The Kitsune as a whole were suffering from the devastating reduction in number, and while so many young ones was excellent prospect for repopulation, it also meant a larger number of targets. With an Iron Wolf aiding them, protection matters for the Queen could be placed less so on the other Kitsune and help keep the children safe.

"Good night to you, Your Highness. And to you as well, young one" said the kind elder, taking his leave and leaving the young Kitsune with his adoptive mother. "I hope that the scary monster leaves soon; making Mommy so upset! Rude!" the little Kitsune thought to himself, cheeks puffing out in annoyance with his little arms crossed over his chest.

Meanwhile, Orgoth was still working with Miwa and Ko on proper table manners. Thankfully, he'd picked up the use of the knife and fork easily enough; there was still the issue of talking with his mouth full, among other things. Not to mention that even though he'd gotten used to using them, he was still basically trying to ram the entire portion of food into his mouth.

"No, no, Orgoth...Ugh, small pieces, my friend. Remember, the size of your pinky." Miwa tried explaining, his tone exasperated; he'd decided that using the giant's finger as a reference would be best, since two of Orgoth's fingers overshadowed the entirety of a normal Kitsune's hand. "I still don't understand why we cut it so small; it's wasted effort. Effort that could be spent doing other things." Orgoth replied, clearly not sitting well with doing things 'just because it's expected'. Dying was expected, but that didn't mean a Wolf ran into the poison trail left by a Yaui Goa or suffocated on water.

"Because it's polite; now granted, you're not talking with your mouth full, which is good. Even you agreed it was unsightly." Miwa replied, to which Orgoth retorted, "No, I said it was easier to swallow then talk." Miwa shrugged, "Same difference, you oaf." At this Ko yawned, "Can we stop for tonight? I *really* need to get some sleep." Miwa seemed upset that they hadn't gottenn further...But then, no one expected he would be able to get everything at once. And he had gotten further than he was expecting.

"It's probably best we do; our large new friend here would probably like to sleep as well. What say you?" Miwa then asked the giant, Orgoth replying "Indeed, some rest would do us all good. However, given that I am her bodyguard, I will sleep lightly. You might not think it, but I can be roused by even the slightest disturbance."

And with that, the trio put away the last of the wares and bid each other good night, Orgoth returning to his own hut directly adjacent to the Queen's own. He looked over the beds themselves, and decided that one was to be not enough. With little effort, he pulled all three together and after a few moments of laying down, fell into slumber; nevertheless, his body alert and ready should any danger approach his newest charge.

Tiri'ol smiled at Yuit, laughing slightly a his reaction as she patted him on the head. She went about eating some of the food set out for her, drinking the tea as she sighed looking at Yuit as she finished. She picked up the food, putting it near the pool in the grassy area. Yuit watched her, watching as the damp grass moved around the food to keep it cold through the night while they slept and so she didn't have to smell it.

She moved, picking up Yuit easily and dressing him in his pjs before moving and dressing herself in a thin robe. She smiled, caring the yawning Yuit to her bed and laying him down on one of her pillows before climbing in and pulling the curtains closed around her bed as she slept.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came to a surprise to Tiri'ol more so then any other day. She had tossed and turned all night, dreaming and reliving the moment of the purging. She could still remember the smell of blood pouring out of her nose, the feeling of a gash in her head, the stench of death and fire as she had fled her village. She still remembered coming here to this village, the inner kitsune village looking frantically for the nine tail that had reigned here only to find he had gone to help a village along the way of the Priest's onslaught and never return. It was a bitter memory, one Tiri'ol wasn't very fond of. She remembered the desperate look in everyone's eyes, in her eyes. They called these the purging, but the first wave had been long before Yuit had been born. Yade and her were old enough to remember, to remember the first maddened wave of it, before the second had come and had annihilated every nine tail but her. She still remembered the frightened look on their faces, on her face when they realized she was the last, and when she knew she would be queen...

However this wasn't what woke her up. Not the birds chirping outside or the kids laughter, it was Yuit, crying in his sleep. Tiri'ol rubbed her forehead, propping herself up as she looked at him twisting and turning on her bed. No doubt the energy around her from her own nightmare had caused him one of his own. Such were kitsunes, sensitive to the energy waves around one another.

"Yuit..it's okay it's just a bad dream." She rubbed his small belly as he stretched, rubbing his large eyes before opening them. He sniffled and Tiri'ol smiled at him, moving and getting out of bed as she cradled him in her arms. You had a bad dream from me. I dreampt about the first purge, the one that had lead to the second one instantly that made me queen..." Tiri'ol admitted as she wiped his tears away from his red face. "Let's get you wash and changed and get some breakfast." Yuit was silent, tired as Tiri'ol spoke.

It didn't take her long to bath him, dress him, brush his teeth, tail and hair before setting him down and going about herself. She didn't bother bathing in the morning, instead she threw on a robe, before braiding her long hair behind her and brushing her tails. When she was done, she let Yuit grip onto her pinky and ring finger as they walked out of her hut. "What about the extra food?" Yuit had asked as they went to the feasting hall, no doubt earlier then everyone else. Tiri'ol could see some of the kitsune waiting outside talking and playing, but the furnace was going inside.

"I'll give it to the rabbits and deer when they come. The boar like the left overs as well. It's better not to waste any food if we can, our supplies aren't what they used to be." Yuit looked up at her nodding as she spoke, but Tiri'ol eyes seemed to be gazing far off. Yuit tugged on her hand grabbing her attention again. "Yes?" Tiri'ol raised a brow at him.

"Stop thinking about it Mama." Yuit said with his cheeks puffed out annoyed as he walked. Tiri'ol smiled, bending forward and lifting him up under his armpits. Yuit looked up at her, his tail hanging down as she smiled and turned him around, holding him towards her shoulder. Yuit rested her head on her shoulder, the top of his head resting against the crook of her neck as she walked.

"You are right. I'll carry you this morning, you didn't get much sleep." Tiri'ol stroked his back as she moved to the large feasting hall. She slipped inside, seeing the bakers and cooks conversing as some of them set the table. They looked up at Tiri'ol and smiled waving their hands. She waved back moving back outside to the small grassy area to see the maidens up, at least some of them, with the children running around the grass.

"Oh, my lady! If you want us to take them back to their huts for today's feast we can." One of the maidens called concerned as Tiri'ol knelt down on the grass holding a drooling sleeping Yuit against her. "If you think it will be best for them."

"No. It should be fine, let's see how this morning goes. I should have been more understanding of where Orgoth comes from, but I'm not used to it. His clan and one other are the other too that eat...with no manners I suppose." Tiri'ol sighed, the two maidens smiled at her and laughed lightly. One of them was standing and chasing around the children the other was sited to her left.

"I'm sure Miwa and Ko taught him well enough per your request my lady. Those two will do whatever they can to please you." Tiri'ol smiled looking to her left at the summer haired kitsune siting down with her.

"Everyone would, but this will be better if Orgoth learns our ways. Our shortened supplies on warriors can watch you and the children more closely instead about worrying about me." The two maidens nodded at that. Though it was still a walking on eggshells conversation between her and the kitsune. No one wanted to leave her unprotected, not when she was the last nine tail alive. "Breakfast smells wonderful, I can't wait until it's ready."

"May be another hour or so Yade said." The dark haired kitsune standing replied. Tiri'ol nodded, her tails and ears flicking in the soft breeze. She looked to her right, seeing the workshop smoke billowing up as well, she could also see some of the other kitsune out fishing, or packing up what they had caught the night before to bring it to the feasting hall.

Orgoth breathed quite silently for one so large; usually those of his stature snored as if a team of lumberjacks worked through the night to clear a forest. However, his kind had developed oversized airways to both increase intake during exertion and to keep themselves silent through the night. Soon, the room changed to indicate the rise of the new sun, a mix of oranges and reds shining brilliantly through the room to indicate it was time. Not that it mattered, for the giant seemed to spring to life almost instantly; still wearing his armor from the day before, he picked up his twin blades and proceeded to join the Queen.

Miwa, Ko and Rai'thi were also getting ready; thankfully, the wards around the village deterred most from looking at it let along going near it. However, should an Order Weaver manage to detect the ancient arcana...That would be trouble. Regardless, they soon saw the giant coming towards Tiri'ol as well. "Well? Bet those beds were more comfortable than the dirt your tribe had to use, right?" Ko then shouted, earning a stern glance from both Miwa and Rai'thi. "What? It's an honest questi---" She cut off as Orgoth stood over her, the light of the early morning sun making his already indomitable aura even more sinister. The shadows gave his form a more ominous appearance, something straight from the depths of the abyss. Ko seemed more than a bit timid at this, but then Orgoth spoke "I honestly didn't think they would hold me, but I slept quiet well. Excellent craftsmanship."

Miwa then coughed, turning to address the Queen, "Good morning, Your Grace! Young Yuit! I pray your sleep was relatively uneventful?" Of course, he knew better than anyone that she still suffered nightmares from those horrific days. Not that anyone would blame her; Miwa himself had been alongside Tiri'ol from the beginning, and did everything in his power to make sure they reached the central village - the village where the eldest and most powerful of the Nine-tailed resided - unharmed. And despite this brute being an uncivilized beast, he was happy that Orgoth seemed to genuinely want to honor the pact between their tribes.

"Mommy didn't sleep! That bad Priest meanie gave her nightmares again!" the young one-tailed declared, a cheek puffed with indignation. "Yuit! I don't think..." Rai'thi started to say, but then Orgoth of all people interjected, "Nightmares are not always a bad thing. They remind us of what hides in the shadows, of the things that wish to kill and hurt us." And then he clanged his swords together, a harsh tone in his voice, "And there is only one thing we can do to those things: Kill. Them. Back!"

Well, at least they could rest easy knowing Orgoth would probably be the first to run into the fray without hesitation. But Yuit, frightened anew by the big monster's demeanor, crawled and hid behind the Queen, golden hues peering frightfully from the locks of her hair. "Worry not, little one; I would never turn my blade against a child. That disgusting act is reserved for cowards of the Order, Just as I protect your Queen, you too fall under my guard." Orgoth declared proudly, Yuit doing little except shouting, "I don't want your protection, you ugly beast!"

"YUIT! SHOW SOME RESPECT!" cried out one of the maidens, a look of pure exasperation crossing her pretty features. Instead of getting worked up, Orgoth just let out a low rumbling laugh. "Hahaha, this one is strong, I can see it!" the titan declared loudly, giving a barking laugh right after.

"Mama Loina, do they really make people this big?"

"Mister, can you do that burp again? That was really funny!"

"Do we get protected too? The Order scares me!"

It was honestly heartening to see such youth; their rambunctiousness reminded him of the pups in his former camp. Fiery, full of life and wonderment, always looking for something to satisfy their curiosity. One thing Orgoth did see was that it was criminal to keep them in walls; how were they going to learn anything stuck in here? But then again, he was comparing them to Iron Wolves' kin. He had no doubt any of his people's young could best any of the Kitsune. Chuckling, he then said, "Would you believe there are things out there bigger than me?"

"No way!"

"Mommy says it's not nice to lie!"

"Aye, it's true though!" Orgoth countered, adding "Taller than the workshops, and it sitting down would cover half this village alone! But we Iron Wolves are crafty and can fell these beasts with but one swing of our swords! So trust me, none of you have to worry at all!" Of course, he was embellishing a little bit for the children's sake; a Yaui Goa could be taken down like that, but only if the hunter knew where to strike.

Tiri'ol had bags under her eyes, and she was barely keeping her eyes open as the children played and talked. The Maidens were full of life too, but it was the crew that approached her she didn't hear coming, normally she would have noticed them there right away. This time however, Tiri'ol jumped when she heard their footsteps gripping Yuit's clothing before relaxing her hold with a sigh.

She turned her head to watch the lot of them, seemingly getting along as Yuit awoke and crawled free of her embrace. Tiri'ol sighed, letting her hands rest in her lap as Yuit tried to hide behind her braided hair and tails. The act was worthless, considering her hair was pulled together. Still Tiri'ol spread her tails so Yuit could hide amongst them.

"Miwa." Tiri'ol smiled at him as she listened to the conversations, the kids stopping their playing with the maidens to come gather around Orgoth. Still, the clanking of his swords made Tiri'ol jump her arms raising defensively in his direction.

"Your highness!" The maiden next to her called, watching Tiri'ol's reflexes. Tiri'ol relaxed, exhaling as she gripped her forehead and shook her head. "Is everything alright?"

"Mama?" Yuit climbed up her back to sit on her shoulder. He put a small hand against her pale cheek feeling the clammy skin. Tiri'ol turned her head to look at Yuit and smiled at him. "You don't look good." Yuit's tail folded down and Tiri'ol's ears were folded on her head. She moved, picking Yuit off her shoulder and setting him in her lap. "I don't want to be near the scary beast!" Yuit cried, climbing out of her lap to sit on her side. Tiri'ol closed her eyes sighing.

"I'm sorry. I didn't sleep and I don't feel well." Tiri'ol admitted. Tiri'ol pressed her palms into the ground and pushed herself on her feet. Her braid fell forward, resting over her shoulder and dangling near the ground as the children listened to Orgoth.

"Shall I get Yade to cook you up something?" The Maiden with the summer hair, Qill, asked as she watched the queen. "I can grab a servant for you, my lady, and we can watch after Yuit if don't feel well."

"The Queen doesn't feel good?"

"Here! I got a magic flower!" Tiri'ol looked down at the children, smiling as a small girl brought her up a pink flower she had plucked. Tiri'ol smiled, taking it gratefully from her hand.

"Thank you sweetie. I'll be sure to keep it by my bed. IF you don't mind, I think I'm going to lay back down." Qill looked at Yuit who gripped onto Tiri'ol's long hair as she moved to walk away. Tiri'ol lifte dup a sleeve looking down at Yuit as he stared up to her. "Go with Qill and Ae, Yuit. You need to eat breakfast and play. I'm afraid I don't feel good enough to stay for breakfast." Tiri'ol hated feeling sick, or having nightmares, and she wished she hadn't disrupted Yuit's sleep as well. She knew Miwa knew that she still had them, but it wasn't something they would talk about in public, especially around someone form the outside.

"No!" Yuit cried, clinging onto her dress.

"Come here Yuit, let the queen rest." Qill grabbed him, pulling him off Tiri'ol's dress as he threw a tantrum.

"I don't want to! I want to be with mama!" Yuit puffed out his cheeks, causing his face to turn purple. Tiri'ol sighed watched Qill squeeze his cheeks together to let the air out.

"No more of that now Yuit! You are with Qill and I! You'd best behave like the others!" Ae spoke, fists on her hips as she glared at him, making Yuit whimper and nod.

"We'll tell Yade you aren't feeling well." Qill spoke softly and Tiri'ol nodded smiling at Miwa as she rested a hand on his shoulder patting it.

"I'm glad it looks like you all got along." Tiri'ol lifted up the bottom of her robe moving to go past her guards back to her hut to lay down. "I have some left over food from last night, make sure Yade brings one of the boars to my room to feed on the leftovers, if he can't bring a servant. I don't want to over work the poor thing." Tiri'ol kept a hand on her forehead moving past them as she walked back to her hut.

She wasn't really sure how she had managed to make it to her room, but she did. The door was closed but Tiri'ol stripped off all her clothing, and laid naked on the bed stretched out. She put a pillow on top of her head, as if that might drown out the noises from the morning.

All of the Kitsune watched the Queen go past them, entering her hut soon after and the door closing behind her. At the very least the rest of them could run the village for a bit or even just a few days if need be. Orgoth just stood as he was, his face impassive as Miwa let out a cough, "Well then...If everyone could please proceed to the dining hall. Orgoth, please watch over the Queen's hut while I bring the leftover food to the boars. Rai'thi, Ko, please watch over the others; Orgoth and I will join you shortly."

With this division of labor set, Miwa and Orgoth left the other two guards to usher everyone into the feasting area while they would watch over them. Once they approached the hut, Miwa then said, "Please, wait out here; I'll be out momentarily. When I leave, stay here until one of us comes to fetch you." And with a nod from the giant, Miwa made his way into the Queen's hut; there was no need to bother a servant like this. He would take care of it himself; besides, it was best that most of the elder Kitsune were watching over the young.

"My Queen?" he then said as he approached the closed door, knuckles gently rapping on its surface. Given the state of her condition, the lights in here were not quite as vibrant as they usually were; however, he found the door to her quaters slightly ajar and went to push it open only to see something that made a rush of heat rush to his groin and his body fall behind the door. She was entirely naked! He'd never known her to do this except when she bathed; what would cause her to disrobe? Was her body feeling overheated?

"Um, apologies to disturb you, m'lady...But I thought I would help out by taking the food from your room. Orgoth is outside watching, so rest assured you're protected...Is it alright if I come in?I will wait until you are more decent." he then finally managed to ask; he didn't see much, only enough to re-affirm what everyone knew: She was a goddess on this world, every curve of her body a delight to be around and a true blessing to see unfettered.

Orgoth, meanwhile, stood outside dutifully; his stomach rumbled with the prospect of food, the scent of the morning meal stirring his appetite. He was here to defend, and he would get his turn to feast once the time came. Still...It was hard to resist the flavorful temptations of the food. These Kitsune cooked quite, and if he were being honest, he would probably try to get some tips on how they prepared the food.

However, it would soon seem that he wouldn't have to wait; he saw another Kitsune approaching. And he was carrying two platters of food. "So, you are here, barbarian; seems Ko wasn't kidding. I'd heard the Queen wasn't feeling well and that Miwa took you here. I know the Queen won't feel like eating, but I figured I could at least feed her guard." said the Kitsune, adding "Oh, my apologies, we never truly met have we? I am Yade, advisor to the Queen alongside Miwa who also acts as her guard." Orgoth nodded, "I am Orgoth, you likely know that already, however." Yade gave a small nod and handed the food and wares to the giant, who then replied as he sat down at the door, "Thank you; your offer is much appreciated."

Yade chuckled, "Oh, think nothing of it. I try to help the Queen realize that through these trying times, we're really not so different. You might be a human, and she a Kitsune, but we are both trying to do our best to survive, yes?" Orgoth nodded, "Indeed, and the Order's scars on this land will be a painful reminder of that, sadly enough. Some of our clan's favorite hunting grounds were destroyed entirely when those butchers were finished. It will take generations for it to restore itself to former glory. I know all too well the Kitsune fared little better than we, hence the Pact was made to preserve what we had left."

At this Yade could only sigh, "Yes...And most of your clansmen taken as well. The Kitsune and the barbarian tribes, two sides of the same coin. However, do you mind if I leave a message with you?" Orgoth nodded, "What is it?" to which Yade stated, "A bird came in, asking for the Queen to come to a neighboring kingdom to negotiate a treaty over a newly discovered stretch of land. It seems ripe with resources, or so the message says. They're a people we've had pleasant dealing with in the past, and have always offered kind tidings to us to help keep the peace." At this Orgoth replied, "I will make sure she gets it once she feels better. I would offer her my clan's method of dreamless slumber, if it helps to clear her mind. I had no knowledge the Kitsune were so vulnerable to negative energies." Yade smiled, "Yes, I think she would appreciate that, and no doubt young Yuit as well. He does despise anything as a threat to the well-being of his mother."

Tiri'ol knew this was probably not the best decision to go to her hut and lay down, but she needed to. Not only that, it would only worry the other kitsune if she was out in the open moving and looking like she did today. A least Miwa and her had setup this long ago, when she had first realized she would be queen, that he could take charge for her if she felt ill. Miwa after all had been there with her all along, through her village and escaping, through the madness of the purges.

Tiri'ol had always been thankful for Miwa, and she knew the rules of the kitsune well enough. As being Queen had been thrust on her, so too was the guard duty thrust on the remaining seven and eight tail kitsunes. The villages had intermingled, different breeds of kitsune coming together to make up the variety it did today.

Tiri'ol's head was covered, she had expected one of the servants to come in that knew her well enough. They knew better than to say anything about her when she was ill, laying naked in the bed. Though, majority of the time Tiri'ol had the decency and strength to crawl under her sheets. This time, she had passed out on top of her bed, a pillow over her hair.

She pulled the pillow away, moving to sit up to look at her door. Miwa? He had spoken, on the other side of the door. Tiri'ol looked down, sweat covered her skin, her tail wet as well, her ears were folded on top of her head. The nightmares had been bad, but she hadn't realized she had been cold sweating until Yuit had noticed. Tiri'ol never felt well after such terrible nightmares, her dreams were vivid, too real, and too frightening.

"Apologies Miwa..I hadn't been expecting you to come in." Tiri'ol sighed, pushing her hair out of her way. She pushed herself off the bed, grabbing the robe she had discarded and wrapped it around herself, tying the string together. She sat back down on her bed, sighing as she looked at the door. "You can come inside Miwa, I'm decent enough. The extra food is by my bath with the plants covering it." Tiri'ol closed her eyes.

"Miwa..Thank you for taking care of the village while I'm not feeling well...Miwa?.." Tiri'ol's hands were in her lap, fidgeting, she felt quite shy asking such a thing. Though she knew both her and Miwa had agreed they would eventually become mates when the timing felt right. "Will you come sleep with me tonight? I just want to listen to your breathing." Tiri'ol asked softly. She wasn't asking anything sexual of him, and it wasn't like she hadn't let him sleep beside her before after the purging. Although recently since Yuit had been with her, she hadn't asked all that often since Yuit got angry and possessive of her.

~*~ -------------------------------------------------------------------- ~*~

The village was going about it's business with Ko, Raithi following orders from Miwa who everyone would suspect would mate with Tiri'ol sooner rather than later and become king himself. Though of course, Tiri'ol would have more authority then him being a nine tailed.

Some of the kitsunes that had been fishing last night while Tiri'ol had been waiting for Orgoth to come ran with buckets to the feasting hall. There were some kitsunes that had been working, weaving, they brought baskets full of fabric towards where Yade and Orgoth were sitting. They were several small kitsunes, one tails fully grown, and stood only about a foot and a half showing that Yuit wouldn't get much bigger in his years to come. They carried the baskets above their heads, three or four of them, and they stopped at the door looking up at Yade and Orgoth.

"We know the Queen is ill! But we need her to look at these tapestries!" One called, a soft pink colored tone of her hair pulled back into a bow, her ears and tail matched the colors of her hair, though they were a darker pinkish hue. Her maroon colored eyes looked at the lumbering giant who was sitting down eating. "You are Orgoth! I am Li! This is Pip.." She gestured to another one tail, sky blue hair and colored tail and ears with tan skin. "Riri is this one.." Riri was a purple haired one tail, his ears were followed and tail between his legs, his skin was a dark umber color like bark. "Last but not least is Xie!" She pointed to the last one, his hair was a soft green hue, his ears a darker green, his skin a light umber. "We are the lace workers that help make most of the clothing. We came form the summer tribes with Tiri'ol." Li explained.

"Nice to meet you!" Pip chipped up, bouncing his way over to Orgoth. "Hai Yade! How are you doing? Is your clothing fitting well?" Pip pulled on Yade's clothing, exaiming them as he held the basket on his head. "Hmm..some of the stitches are coming out on his pants Li, we'll need to restitch everything."

"I can make him new ones..." Riri said softly, his head down scared. "I-If Yade comes by later and wants new ones that is.."

"Can we see the Queen now? We have other tapestries that can wait, but some of her clothing is in my basket." Xie looked at them, unamused eyes scanning the scene.

"Shush Xie! I'm sure mister giant Orgoth here will let us all in to see the Queen!" Li huffed.

"I made the Queen a dress for the upcoming festival, do you think she'll come by to see if it's okay soon?" Pip looked at Li with a questioning gaze, his tail wagging at the idea of the Queen stepping by.

"Do you think she'll let me check Yuit's bed? I know she said he had thorn up some of his clothing and blankets..I wouldn't mind fixing them for her." Riri said softly.

"Shushhhh!" Li stomped her leg, huffing as she looked at Yade smiling and then at Orgoth. A pocket full of sunshine this one was. "We can wait if we need to, but we need her to check before long."

Miwa was not taken aback by the request; an outsider would have definitely found it strange that a Queen was asking her guard to share the same bed as her. However, those with knowledge about this relationship would see that she trusted and cared about Miwa quite a bit, the two of having been through enough to make even the bitterest of enemies the closest of allies. Rumors had spread about whether or not Miwa and the Queen were to mate; and though the former certainly did not object to the notion, he also didn't want to push the Queen into that. She'd lost so many already, and doing that so suddenly could very well push her over the edge.

"Of course, m'lady; but first, let me get this food out of here" he then told her with a gentle smile, picking up the tray with the leftovers. Not surprisingly, a good bit of it remained. "I promise, Queen Tiri'ol, that I will accompany you to sleep tonight."

Orgoth and Yade meanwhile, were busy trying to reason with the energetic youngsters; Yade in particular was cautioning Orgoth to not be too brash with his language. Something that giant seemed to have no trouble in doing, which was thankful because the last thing he wanted was to make the children truly upset. "Yade...Please go get the Queen. I will stay here until she comes out or declares herself unable to." he stated to the Kitsune, turning to the four youngers as he set down his platter, "It is very nice to meet the four of you. While I'm sure she would love to meet you all, young ones, but the Queen needs her rest. Otherwise, I doubt she would be able to truly appreciate your work. But when Yade gets back to see how she's doing, I'm sure he'll have no trouble letting you see her."

Now that was something Yade wasn't expecting from someone like Orgoth, but it brought a ray of joy that he could be so caring towards children. Giving a nod, he then headed inside only to see Miwa leaving her chambers. "Oh, there you are; I was wondering where you had gone." Yade then said, catching the other Kitsune off-guard. "Yade, what brings you here?" he then asked, the elder replying "I had brought our large friend something to hold him over, and four of the younger ones from the textile group came asking for our Lady's judgment on tapestry and to apparently clean Yuit's bed. Oh and Pip made a dress for her, wanting her to try it on." Miwa coughed, adding "I don't think that's wise right now; she seems better, but I would leave her be for the moment."

Nodding Yade then said, "Of course, but I do need to ask her something regardless." Miwa shrugged his shoulders, "Don't cry to me when she tosses you out." before leaving the hut. Now that's a peculiar statement; was she really that bad off? But then, he couldn't even begin to comprehend the severity of her nightmares. Going to her door, he then rapped gently, "Lady Tiri'ol? I apologize for inconveniencing you with another visitor, but I just wanted to be sure you were alright." Now, Yade knew that the Queen often put on a brave face for the sake of keeping peace in the village, but this time felt different. Like the nightmares had truly shaken her.

"I just wished to inform you that a bird had come in. Lord Felis of the neighboring Kingdom was asking for your presence about a newly discovered stretch of land that he thinks will be beneficial to both our people. His note said little, but his surveys of the land have apparently discovered it is ripe with resources." he then said, adding "And if you're not too busy, some of the younger Kitsune have come to you about your festival attire."

"Thank you Miwa. You are always the best to me." Tiri'ol smiled watching him, she sighed, moving to lay down again and close her eyes. Though she could hear a bit of commotion outside her door, no doubt everyone was worried. It wasn't like her to not feel well, but they knew they could rely on Miwa and the other guards to take care of the village.

"Huh?" Tiri'ol had easily closed her eyes and fallen asleep only to be woken up a few minutes later by Yade. She kept her eyes open, not wishing to move from the pillow as she looked at door where his voice was coming from.

"Oh.." It took Tiri'ol a moment to register what he was talking about as she sighed. "When does he want to meet? I'd prefer if I could feel better but it's inconvenient to him I'll come before I'm well." Tiri'ol knew she couldn't hold off on this sort of thing. It was too dire of a situation for everyone to delay such things if he wished to see her sooner. Over the years she had gotten used to pushing her to the edge, pretending she was fine in front of others when she just wanted to collapse. This moment and talk seemed no different then other times. "The young kitsune?" It took Tiri'ol a moment to realize who he was talking about and she smiled softly. "You can let them inside. They won't be much trouble."

~*~-------------------------~*~

"Young ones?" Li looked at him, her brow twitching. Pip looked at her and backed up a bit. Riri hid behind Pip and Xie just shook his head.

"It's probably out height Li, he's not used to kitsune." Xie snorted, annoyed.

"So! Because we are small and adorable we look like children to you?" Li raised a tiny meatball fist at him. "I will have you know I am 240 years old! I am not a youngster I am a full grown one tailed kitsune!" Li huffed. Pip bounced, gripping her shoulder. Li glared at him. "Can't you see we are having a serious conversation here!"

"Li, it was an honest mistake. He probably though all kitsune got tall and big like Miwa and Queen Tiri'ol." Pip's ears were down, trying to console her.

"Oh, I was going to have fun watching you try to take down the giant Li. Too bad Pip ruined my fun." Xie sighed, disappointed.

"T-That's not funny Xie! He could kill us all with his foot!" Riri was shaking, avoiding eye contact with Orgoth.

"If I might explain. We are some of the few kitsune that fled with Queen Tiri'ol and Miwa from our village. Actually, most of us are older than the queen herself." Xie explained yawning.

"Yes! So you should respect your elders!" Li snorted, angry.

"Sorry mister Orgoth, most of us one tails are very sensitive about the way we look. We know we aren't as big or powerful like the other kitsune...This is as tall as any of us will get..." Pip said shrugging.

"Queen Tiri'ol is even short for a nine tail, but she's the last one alive. No other kitsune will get as tall as her, though an eight tail might get close since she is considered a runt." Xie spoke matter of factly.

"What did you call the Queen Xie? A runt? Not on my watch!" Li threw the basket down on the ground, it bounced and remained upward. She stomped over to Xie who only blinked at her unafraid.

"It's true she is a runt, Li. The Queen would admit such things herself." Xie shrugged Li grabbed his baset, throwing it down next to her own before punching him in the face. Xie fell to the ground, black eye and all.

"Don't you ever call the Queen a runt again! She's our Queen Xie! Learn to respect her!" Li would have been breathing fire if she could have.

"Li, Xie does respect the queen.." Pip tried to explain. "You know he's always been a brainiac, that's why he takes care of the book working for the Queen sometime."

"The Queen still taught us to act better than that..Li is right, Pip." Riri said softly. Xie rubbed his blackened eye, sighing.

"Sorry. I will learn better to hold my facts. Li is right, I've been told before my tongue can offend." Xie got to his feet brushing himself off. "I don't take care of the Queen's books, I take care of our library, the books we collected after the purges." Xie straightened his kimono out. "Yade should be back soon now, no?" Xie asked.

"He better! Or I'm going to give you another black eye!" Li threatened, still full of energy.

It was in fact at that moment when Xie was punched in the face that Miwa started to come out, fully emerging when he was threatened with another. And if there was any guard that they wouldn't hope to find, it was Miwa. "What is this?!" he shouted, the children all instantly freezing up; shoving the tray in Orgoth's lap, knocking the breakfast he was enjoying off the platter, the guard then marched up and took Li by the scruff of his neck, the little Kitsune looking absolutely petrified. "Li, what is the meaning of this?" Miwa demanded, Xie speaking up, "He was upset that I called the Queen short...Which we know she is for a Nine-tailed."

Li then shouted, "He called her a runt! That's not right!" Xie just scratched his cheek, unperturbed by the Kitsune's outburst as he replied, "Well, no Kitsune would ever reach someone like Orgoth. Nowhere close to that; none of our species are giants. But they would at least half a good half a foot on average over her." Li squirmed some more, "That doesn't give you any reason to say suc" but then Miwa shouted, "QUIET! ALL OF YOU!" Rubbing his forehead as his ears laid flat in agitation, he then replied, "Orgoth, wait out here! I'm taking them back to their parents for discipline." True, he was angry with the brute for not stepping in; but then, he probably though they were young ones. And knowing him, young Iron Wolves probably fought all the time for no good reason and so he would have perceived it as normal.

"Actually, Miwa...I believe these four had a gift for the Queen. Something I'm sure would lift her spirits after not feeling well." Orgoth then stated factually, Xie chiming "He does have a point, Lord Miwa." The guard's brow twitched noticeably; great, now the childred were agreeing with this...this thing!

"Oh, I believe I mis-spoke, Your Grace. He gave no specific time-frame for the meeting, it was just - how do the humans put it - him extending an olive branch, yes that's it." Yade replied, adding "All the letter was asking was if you might be interested in holding the discussion. I have no doubt he would understand you'd fallen ill and would need time to recover. Besides, I happen to know this Kingdom is still hesitant about expanding; therefore, I think he might actually be relieved you need some more time to recuperate." And this was the truth; and even if it weren't, he would not force the Queen to travel outside the village for new territory. He would tell the King to politely stuff it and wait for her to be better ready.

But as she said to bring in the children, Yade nodded and replied, "Very well. I will go fetch them; I happened to peek at what they brought, and I think you'll appreciate what they've made." A small bow later, he was out the door leaving the Queen to rest while he fetched the children and Orgoth.

And what Yade would find would be something right out of a comedic play: Orgoth holding two trays of food, pieces scattered on the floor and Miwa holding a one-tail by the scruff as a sign of punishment. And then he came to Xie's black eye, a disconcerted look crossing his features. "Xie...You spoke out of turn again, didn't you?" the elderly kitsune asked, the tiny fox-boy simply nodding affirmatively. Letting out a sigh, he just said "Please...Try to stay out of Tiri'ol's field of view; we'll handle this without upsetting her. And Li...I take it you're responsible?" Li was about to protest, but a stern look silenced the coming words.

"You really should know better by now. Words cannot express my disappointment. Now Miwa, put him down." Yade commented as the young girl was lowered to the ground; poor Li looked like she was about to cry. He was only trying to do what was right! Why was he being punished!? "I honestly fail to see any issue, but then I am no Kitsune." then said Orgoth, standing up and forcing the trays back into Miwa's hands. He too was about to argue, but then Yade held up a hand "I believe that was your original intent from the start; last I checked, there was no fish on Orgoth's plate when I brought to him. And now that you spoiled his breakfast, you clean up the mess." then said Yade in rather cold tone, Miwa hufffing and taking to the boar's cage.

"Now then, children, the Queen will see you now. And Orgoth, you come in as well; I believe our Lady could be interested in what you told me." Yade then said, the children suddenly seeming to forget the previous encounter and rushing inside. "Lady Tiri'ol! We have your dress for the festival! We all worked really hard on it!" Pip cried out excitedly, Riri adding "We also have new sheets for Yuit! We heard he had an accident!"

Orgoth and Yade waited at the other side, watching the children go towards the one that loved them so much; even though these four had mothers and fathers, Tiri'ol was like that lovable aunt that always spoiled her children out of deep-seated affection. "What is this festival they speak of?" Orgoth then asked, Yade smiling "It's quite the lovely affair. Food stands, games, competitions, wares of all sorts. And the kingdom that hosts is always decorated in such a lovely way! It's honestly been years since I've seen, so in a way I envy you, Orgoth." Orgoth just looked at the Kitsune with a raised brow, the elder chuckling lightly "Sorry, it's just one of those things you have to see. And given that your her bodyguard, you'll naturally be accompanying her."

Back
Top Bottom