Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Holy, Arcane, Forbidden Love (MysteriousD & nightsorceress)

"Well sir this is a pleasant surprise I have not had anyone cook for me in a very long time" she smiled "you can help yourself to anything I have in the kitchen you will find it is well stocked. Would care for my help?"

Diego smiled when she smiled. He found her smile to be quite beautiful before she told him about the kitchen. "No problem at all, Miss. What are some of your dishes?" Diego asked her, wanting to treat her to a wonderful time while she was letting him stay at her place. He was taking notes of everything; he hasn't felt this sort of ease in a while.

"Well sir, since it just me here I tend to just eat simple things, some times just some berries." She looked down a moment "I don't know if you can understand how lonely it can be being an outcast, but even the simple things like enjoying a meal can be rather...well lonely so there really isn't that much enjoyment of cooking"

Diego's face softened when he saw her downcast expression when she talked about her loneliness. He sighed before he decided to give her a nice large meal for the two of them to enjoy. "I can figure. Even within the Church, I never got along with much of the other monks and the few friends I have are quite busy. I am lucky God permits me the change for me to see them at least once a year. One is a knight and the other a member of the royal theives guild," Diego explains to her while he began cooking for her.

He figured a nice salad along with some herb-cooked game meat and a luscious pie would be something they could both enjoy. "So you have no one?" he asked her, having assumed she may have been part of a coven or something.

"I figured you had your whole congregation I didn't realize a priest would be lonely" she then moved to a cabinet and pulled out two wine glass and then pulled out a bottle of wine, figuring at this point they both could use something a little stronger than tea. "My mother died in child birth so it was just me and my father, after he passed away his family tried to tell me how I should live my life giving me very few choice, so I did the only thing I could I ran" she poured wine handing him a glass and herself handing him his glass before she drank from hers

Diego noticed she pulled out some wine for them. Despite him being a holy man, perhaps the idea of it felt appealing due to the subject matter. He listened to her history before she took a sip and he took a sip of his wine as well.

He continued cooking and the smell of delicious food began filling the air. After a while, he brought the roasted meat with the salad while he left the pie to cool. He served it on the plates she had and gave it to her. He sat across her.

"I'll definitely spend more time here then. It's... nice being here with you," Diego confessed shyly, waiting for her to try the food.

Alaina smiled as she watched him cook their meal the food smelled amazing and what was even more amazing to her was the fact that she actually had someone to talk to, someone that wasn't afraid of her. As he finished cooking she set out the silverware and then took a seat.

She was about to take a bite when he said he wanted to spend more time at her home. "I would definitely would like very much for you to spend more time here" she smiled and took a bite of her for, her happiness shown brightly all over her face.

Diego pulled the seat for her like a gentleman before he also sat down, listening to her. He smiled back at her. Despite beign a mysterious and alluring woman, she was clearly a good person. Her smile took Diego by surprise though. It was something very beautiful and he wanted to see more of her smiling.

"I would like that too. What do you think of the meal?" he asked her, his own happiness on his face.

"The meal is wonderful, I can not thank you enough for making it for us, I do hope on your next return I may cook for you." She took a sip of her wine, the who,e time her eyes watching him. She didn't understand it but she was fascinated by this man. She hoped very much that he would return often. "I hope you don't think me rude or to forward but perhaps you can share a little bit about yourself, after all you know how I ended up in these all by myself." She said with a little laugh

"Thanks for the praise," Diego said with a sheepish smile while he rubebd the back of his head. "I was kinda raised by my family, who were a merchant family before they died off from the plague. I survived and it was only through God's mercy I did," Diego admitted to her.

"I was taken in by the Church and I kinda remained there since," Diego added to her before he went to take another bite of his food. "Then I learn of being able to bless and heal people," he explained to her. "Since then, I devoted my life to wanting to helping everyone," he said to her.

She listen as he spoke taking a bite hear and there, she felt sad for him, but realized he was just as lonely as she was. As he finished speaking she set down her fork. "Well perhaps there was purpose in us meeting like this, after all both of us with no families to speak of, both of us lonely, and both here in this small town, I do t find that to be just chance"

"Perhas it was the will of God, making sure two lonely children find each other and not be lonely anymore," Diego told Alaina with a smile. He kept eating and enjoying his meal. "I'll make sure the town and such doesn't do anything and I'll make sure to come over often," he told her with a smile before he finished the meal. When Alaina finished her meal, he brought over the dessert.

The delicious multiple berry pie and he cut some slices for the both of them while also taking her bottle of milk to serve with it.

Alaina smiled "you do not Have to worry about the town, I can handle them, but I would very much enjoy if you visit often, I could really use a friend and does seem you could as well" she was about to clean up when he suddenly cleared her plate and brought the fresh made pie. "That looks amazing" she exclaimed as she took a bite "and taste even better"

"I do want to make sure they don't hurt you and such" Diego tells her with a smile. "I would love to spend mroe time with you," he said with a boyosh grin filled with excitement. He poured them some of the milk for them to enjoy with their pie and he also took a bite of the pie.

"I'm glad you enjoy it! I've always had a fondness for sweet items like pastries and cakes," Diego told her with a smile as he grew in love more and mroe with her smile.

"Well I can honestly say your dinner was good however your pie is amazing, you missed your calling you should have been a baker" she giggled she quickly finished her pie and the waited for him to finish his before clearing the plates "why don't you go relax by fire place while I do the dishes"

Diego chuckled a bit at her, smiling at her giggling. It was something wonderful to say the least and he watched her pretty much inhale the pie. He ate a bit slower, but it wasn't long before he finished as well. "No, allow me to help you," he told her with a smile.

"Absolutely note you go relax you cooked us a fine meal and the least I can do is clean up" she thought it was sweet that he wanted to help her after all the hard work he did making their meal.

Diego blushes a bit while he smiled at her. "But I am the guest and you are the gracious guest... and I figure we could talk more while we wash the dishes at the same time," Diego told her with a bit of a shy grin. Something about her was making him feel new feelings.

Alaina shook her head in defeat "alright if you insist but don't be running back to the town and saying I used my magic to make you cook and clean for me" she teased him a bite as she collected all the dishes and began to wash them

"I won't. But you are quite enchanting," Diego teased back at her as he was helping her to wash the dishes and putting them to dry. "I could almost say I had a... magical time, being here with you," he added with a goofy smile on his face.

Alaina laughed as she put the dishes way after he was finished drying them. "Alright now everything is all clean now you can relax for the rest of the evening" she smiled as she moved towards the living room. The fire in the fire place still burned brightly, there was no way it could be burning this hot since no one had tended to it, but here t was still burning, as if by magic.

Diego smiled before he follwoed her to her sitting room and he sat down. There was little much around though it appeared she had a bookcase with plenty of books. This caught his itnerest as mostly only churches had access to the presses to make books, though some inventors managed to build their own and sell them to guilds or wealthy nobles so other books could be made.

"I am happy to be here with you. It does look like you at least have your books," he commented

Alaina took a seat as well and galanced around the room. "Yes I do mostly these were my fathers, he loved to read and past that love to me. I was lucky when I left my home I was able to take to take them" she smiled "do you enjoy reading? If so I can lend you some books"

"I do like to read though the only thing I read was the Bible... and some of the journals of the fellow monks," Diego said, the last part with a mischievous grin. "I didn't know your faher loved to read," he said, surprised. The prining press was rare and being able to read was a sign of status, at least in this land. It could be possible reading was more common outside of the kingdoms here.

"I would like to read with you, yes," he told her.

"My family was very wealthy so my father did spend a great deal of time and money collecting all the books he could and he was very excited when I followed in his love for reading, we would spend a lot of time in his study just reading" Alaina looked sad in that moment remembering the life she once had.

Back
Top Bottom