Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love and Kickboxing (Grave x EveningSky)

Brandon had finished his stashing of evidence and had just finished up the homework he needed to do for his classes. He had just closed the laptop and was getting ready to go to bed when he heard Vanessa call out his name. He got up and followed her voice to the bathroom, where she was washing her face and fixing her hair.
"Hey there."
He heard her stomach growling, and that reminded him of the dinner she had fixed earlier.

"That dinner you fixed earlier was delicious. I wish you would have been awake to eat with us."
He checked his watch and saw that it was going to be midnight soon.
"If you don't want to sleep on the couch, I can give you a ride back to the dorm."
Brandon would have rather she slept on the couch because he had had a full day and was ready to go to bed, but he was willing to do what would make her the most comfortable. They had not known each other long and he could understand why she would be nervous about spending the night at his house.

"Hey..." Vanessa mumbled, exiting the bathroom. "I didn't know you guys were back" Her gently poked her stomach due to embarrassment. Vanessa did not want to eat before they Brandon and his manager arrived, and now she assumed everything was done. "The couch..." Her eyes travelled to the dark blue furniture where she had been sleeping earlier.

"Its late...so I'll stay " She nodded with a small smile, after all the young man did fight for her freedom, as dramatic as it sounded. Vanessa moved from the bathroom toward her bag the sat on Brandon's coffee table.

" I'll go get something to eat and come back" She slung the bag over her right shoulder and headed toward the door.

"Lock the door" Vanessa smiled exiting Brandon's apartment. At midnight there were no buses running so Vanessa stood on the pavement waiting till she saw a cab. The short brunette had no intention of going back to Brandon's apartment "Get food and go to my dorm" She whispered rubbing her arms as cars passed her by. Vanessa waited two more minutes then began walking downtown where all the food shops were open twenty four hours, it had not been the safest option but she was no ordinary girl.

Brandon nodded, thinking that it was a good idea for her to stay. She said she wanted to go get something to eat and that she would be back.
"Alright, be safe."
He locked the door behind her and headed off to bed, leaving her to crash on the couch after she got back and he let her in. Brandon laid down and closed his eyes, heading off to sleep but keeping an ear peeled for Vanessa's knock at the door. After some time had passed, he opened his eyes and sleepily checked the clock, realizing that it was over an hour after she had left.

Brandon became irritated, realizing that Vanessa had lied to him. What made it even more irritating was that it was something insignificant. If she had wanted to go back to her dorm, she could have just said so. Brandon laid his head back on the pillow and sighed. Vanessa was still acting weird and he had no idea why. His last thought before he went to sleep was that he was going to confront her about lying to him at the college tomorrow.

Nearing the weekend college had been particularly slow, most students had only two lectures per day and others one. Vanessa Vasselli's first lecture of the day was at ten o'clock, still she woke at six o'clock, bright eyed and bushy tailed. With time to kill Vanessa changed into her running wear, the usual knee length black tights and a matching tank top. Her brown hair swept up into the highest ponytail. With her iPod attached and workout playlist on repeated Vanessa headed out of the dorms, ready to get in a good sweat.

The short girl remembered the situation with Brandon Hargrave as her run came to an end. There was a part of Vanessa's mind that told her the athlete would not take what she had done last night with ease. She knew however that his career choice called for very rigorous training and long hours. Asking him too take her for pizza and then home would have been cruel. Despite what she'd done, Vanessa knew it was for the best. What was she to him anyway, there was nothing important between the two. She was merely his cook, and soon to be good friend.

Her first lecture came and went with no hiccups, two later Vanessa took a deep breath and entered the classroom of her second lecturer. The class she shared with Brandon Hargrave, she brunette had not seen the guy in his usual seat and assumed he had not arrived as yet.

Of course he is not here. You're half an hour early.

There was no dodging Brandon, ever again. Especially not when she had nothing wrong. They would see each other everyday if not I class at his apartment. The destination she was headed too as soon as class was over.

Brandon awoke at 8:30 AM, had breakfast, and got ready for his class with Mr. Horowitz. He knew Vanessa would be there, and resolved he would confront her about lying to him after class was over and they were back at his apartment. Brandon got dressed and headed out that Monday morning for class, where he unexpectedly ran into Paul on his way to class.
"Hey, man, how's it going?" Brandon said with a smile.
"Hey, Brandon, got a minute?"
He checked his watch, saw that he had about fifteen minutes, and nodded.

"Yeah, but make it real quick."
"So, I got into some trouble from Vanessa and Samantha about hinting that the former might like you."
"Okay."
"I think you should talk with Vanessa about it. She's quick to deny any feelings, but I've got a gut feeling about this. Vanessa seemed to protest too much, if you get my meaning."

Brandon nodded.
"Okay, I'll talk to her about it. Later."
He walked into the school building while Paul went toward a different building. He was almost in class when a pretty and petite blonde girl approached him.
"Hey, Brandon," she said, her eyes shining and her voice full of happiness.

"Hey there," Brandon responded with a smile.
"So, there's going to be a big party on campus this weekend, and it would be great if you could come."
"Uh, well, maybe. I'm pretty busy right now, but if I can make it, I'll be there."
"Awesome!"
Brandon headed into class and sat down in his usual spot, seeing that Vanessa was there before flipping his book open and preparing to take notes.

Vanessa Vasselli found herself out of Mr Horowitz class as soon as the man dismissed them. Her phone vibrated indicating that she had just received a text message. Vanessa slowed in her footsteps as she checked her cell phone, the brunette's facial expression suddenly becoming serious as she stared at the name on the screen.

I'm outside...north

With a deep breath Vanessa pocketed her phone and began walking, her eyes staring at the world but her mind as far from reality as possible. She moved to the North side of the college, exited through the gates and glanced to her right and then left till she spotted the familiar black Mercedes luxury Maybach. Dominic, Victor Vasselli's right hand man, stepped out from the passenger seat in his usual black suit and sunglasses.

"Well well...if it isn't the crown princess" He smirked.

Vanessa glanced at the waist of Dominic's pants, the spot where his gun was usually hidden beneath his jacket. "I'm sorry you don't have a title that I can use" She responded rudely.

Dominic clenched his jaw "One day..." He opened the back door politely.

Vanessa smiled "Thank you...as always"

Victor watched as his daughter entered the car, the driver exiting shortly after. "How have you been?" Victor asked quietly. He was a man in his forties, with the build and stamina of a man in his thirties. The age showing in his full head of hair that was slowly turning grey at the roots

"I'm fine"

Victor nodded staring at his beloved daughter with love "I wanted to check up on you, see how you were doing"

Vanessa glanced at her father "What do you want dad?"

"Nothing..." Victor sighed "Things have been escalating" He ran a hand through his hair " I need you to be vigilant" Victor knew his daughter well. She would not heed his warning. Therefore the man had already been putting plans into motion to ensure Vanessa's protection on and off campus. He needed someone to get close, someone who could take care if her in his place. Someone she would never suspect.

"I can handle myself"

Victor nodded "I know..."He whispered "But I'll still worry" He bent over picking up the small box that laid on the ground between his legs.

"What's this?" Vanessa ran her hand over the smooth surface of the box.

"Something to protect yourself"

"Dad I'm not taking a gun from you"

"It's not a gun Vanessa" Victor laughed out loud, his smile lighting up the usual serious expression "That did cross my mind though but I knew you would object"

Vanessa lifted the cover of the cream box revealing a silver necklace, it's pendant the shape of a dragonfly. Vanessa frowned, lifting the necklace into the air "How is this suppose to protect me?"

"GPS" Victor smiled proudly "In case of an emergency I can always find you. No one will ever suspect the necklace, so you must always wear it. Promise me Nessa...please"

Vanessa stayed silent for a few moments, contemplating what her decision would be. Knowing it would be foolish too discard the notion that she was safe the young girl nodded. "Here.." She passed the necklace to her dad, turning her back and lifting her hair so that he could fasten it around her neck.

"There you go" Victor felt mightily relieved that Vanessa cooperated with him this time. He needed to be sure that if anything were to happen, there would always be a way to find her.

"I have to go now"

"Yes. Of course"

Vanessa opened the door, not before glancing back with a sweet smile "Thank you" without another word she exited, closing the door behind her. Dominic had been waiting to finish their conversation, and when Vanessa kept her back toward him, and began walking away without saying anything the man became annoyed.

"You should really take me up on that offer" He said quickly before she could get too far.

This made the short brunette stop dead in her tracks "You mean the one where you work hard to become Capo and then finally Don?"

"Victor has no sons and you can't handle this life...you know it'll be me Vanessa. So you better stay on my good side..."

Vanessa narrowed her eyes "Are you threatening me?"

Dominic smiled sweetly "Of course not, I wouldn't dare. You're the boss's daughter"

Vanessa nodded "Damn right... and you're replaceable" Her look became dangerous as she stepped closer to the man "Its sad to see that you're still trying to become Capo after all these years." Vanessa smirked "I can bring in someone right now and you'll have to kiss that position goodbye" A smile grew on her lips "So if we're you....I'd be nice to me" Vanessa spun on her heels and walked away x a triumphant smile plastered on her face as she entered on campus grounds. The smile quickly fading as she realised Brandon Hargrave had been waiting for her.

After the class ended, Brandon began heading outside the classroom. He kept pace with Vanessa, and it was difficult not to say something both about last night or what Paul had told him, but decided to hold off until they were at his home. However, he noticed something strange as Vanessa began heading away from her dorm building. She got into a black Mercedes Maybach, and he wondered who she knew that could afford that kind of car. After about ten minutes, she came back wearing a necklace that she hadn't been wearing earlier, which made him wonder if the person in the car was either a family member or someone she might be seeing. The thought of her seeing someone shouldn't have made him jealous, but it kind of did.

Brandon knew better than to ask who was in the car right now, since she would probably be hesitant to tell him. The two of them got in his truck and drove back, with him still not saying anything to her. Once they were at the house, they went inside and proceeded into the kitchen. Leaning against the counter, Brandon crossed his arms and maintained a neutral expression on his face.
"Vanessa, why did you lie to me about whether or not you were staying last night? If you wanted to go home to your dorm, you could have just told me and I would have walked with you to make sure you got there safely."

Vanessa closed her eyes for a moment as Brandon began to speak. Some people have screamed and cringed at the girl's reaction, due to the fact that she been cutting bell peppers at the point in time. Vanessa, however, was not the slightest bit worried. Her cutting ceased and she inhaled quietly, takin a deep breath. Despite wanting to be serious the brunette found herself wanting to laugh at the scene. To an outsider they could easily be mistaken for young newlyweds, the way Brandon leaned against the counter, the image of Vanessa preparing his meal.

"You would've insisted on taking me home, you were tired..." Vanessa dumped the peppers into an empty bowl on the counter "I was not about to make you walk all the way too campus, or drive for that matter." She proceed to empty the bag of potatoes into the sink for scrubbing and peeling. "Dont worry about me Brandon..." She turned, looking directly at t him. "I'm fine...I'm sorry for lying though" her smile was small but sincere "I just figured you were the type of guy that does the right thing no matter what. Lying was the only way you were going to stay put...do you blame a girl for being considerate?"

Brandon listened as Vanessa began explaining to him that she had lied in order to be considerate to him. It was true that he had been very tired, and he understood fully how she felt, but he would have felt better if he could have seen her get safely into her dorm room. Walking alone at night was dangerous for anyone, even a Kickboxing champion like him, and he would have been upset if anything would have happened to her. Even though he was still a little upset with her lying to him, her sincere apology and explanation had softened him.
"I know that you had a good reason to lie about that. But, there's still a problem."

Brandon uncrossed his arms and put his hands in his pockets, his expression becoming lighter.
"I was tired, but I would have made that choice to walk with you. You choosing to go back to your dorm that night was something I was nervous about, but I would have never forced you to stay. In that same way, you should not have taken the choice of what I would have done out of my hands with that lie. Even if it was for a good reason, using any kind of method to take away someone's ability to make a decision for themselves is not the right thing. So, if you would rather me stay, just tell me how you feel, but let me make that choice for myself."

Brandon gave her a slight smile of his own, communicating that he had forgiven her. He wanted her to feel that she could express her honest opinion or desires and that he would listen to her, even if he chose to do something different. Being able to be straight up with each other would do nothing but good things for their friendship.
"There were other things that I wanted to talk with you about, as well. Paul told me that you and Samantha got onto him for thinking there might be romantic feelings between us. We should probably talk about that, then."

Vanessa shook her head "There is nothing to talk about..." She placed the pan of vegetables in the oven,setting the right temperature. "Paul does this all the time, that's why Sam came down on him." Vanessa chuckled "How do you think I ended up dating Mark? Just ignore Paul, he doesn't know me and I'm not falling for his match making scheme again. He thinks I like you, but trust me, it's not in the way he makes it seem. You're a nice guy, but I don't want a relationship."Vanessa took a deep breath and turned away from Brandon. Busying herself with washing up the dirty dishes. "Dont feel sorry for him, Sam wasn't too harsh" she glanced, giving him a soft smile.

Brandon listened as Vanessa explained the situation, understanding how she felt.
"Yeah, I can understand why you would not want a relationship for a while after how things went with Mark. I'm okay with being just friends."
He gave her a smile.
"Although you can't blame him for thinking there was more between us. I mean, kissing me in class, waiting for me at my car..."

As she turned around, he looked at the necklace that she was wearing.
"You didn't have that necklace while you were in class. Who gave it to you?"
He knew it had been whoever had been sitting inside the Mercedes at the college, although the didn't know if it was a family member or a male admirer. Given Vanessa's gun-shy attitude toward relationships, it was most likely a family member. He fixed her with a curious stare, seeing for the first time that the necklace had a dragonfly pendant on it.

"Really?" The brunette stopped her work and took a deep breath. She turned to face her new found friend, if she could even call him that. "You ask a lot of questions Brandon" Vanessa smiled sweetly "More than necessary don't you think?" It was just a necklace, what did he need to know, why did he care.

Vanessa stepped closer, till there inches apart. She carefully took the athlete's hand and placed it on the silver dragonfly "Dragonflies were my favourite growing up" She smiled, a blatant lie, but a necessary nonetheless. The dragonfly had been her father's codename for her as a child, and still as an adult. He was known as ' The Dragon' in the mafia world, and she the dragonfly.

"It a from a friend" She grinned "Am i allowed to have friends Brandon?" It seems as though he considered her his responsibility, making it his personal business to ask about things that did not concern him. Vanessa resumed her task at hand, finishing Brandon's dinner so she could be on her way. The curious gaze of the boy making thigns much harder than they need be.

Brandon looked at her as she asked him if he had to ask so many questions.
"I'm curious about it. Aside from that, since you've lied to me in the past, you can't really blame me for questioning things."
She placed his hand on the dragonfly pendant, and he could tell that it was a well-made piece, definitely expensive. If it was from a friend, as she claimed, it couldn't have been one of her college friends, as he seriously doubted that any of them could have afforded this. She asked him if she was allowed to have friends, and he frowned at that.

"Asking questions is not the same as being controlling. This isn't about whether you can have friends or not. Friends care about each other and sometimes asked questions. The real question is, am I allowed to be a friend to you?"
As she turned her back to resume working on the dinner, he grabbed his jacket.
"I gotta go and do some training."

Brandon left the house and made his way to the gym. He was a bit annoyed with Vanessa, but tried to put it out of his mind. He knew that she had been lying to him about who had given her the necklace, although he could not understand why. Had it been a gift from Mark to try and convince her to get back together with him? Possible, but not probable given that he probably could not afford something so expensive. With a sigh, he put those thoughts out of his mind and concentrated on his training.

After Vanessa Vasselli finished preparing the meal, she made certain that everything had been properly covered before taking her leave. She returned to campus, and headed straight for the library to start on her papers for class. The last person Vanessa needed to see approached her desk, a cautious smile on his face.

"Hey V"

Vanessa glared "Paul..."

"Look don't kill me alright..."

I wouldn't, but I could make a call, she thought.

Paul sighed, taking the seat opposite "...I was just looking out for you, Brandon, he seems decent ya know"

"Paul my love life is none of your business, you did this same shit with Mark and I'm getting really tired of it." The guy sitting two rows away glanced in their direction, giving them the stink eye. Neither Vanessa nor Paul noticed his displeasure, and so, they continued talking.

"I was just trying to help"

"I do not need your help! Brandon keeps asking me questions because of you."

"Maybe because he likes yo-"

Their was no finishing his sentence, Vanessa quickly collected the heaviest book in front of her and smacked Paul right across the face. Garnering the attention of most people in their vicinity. On instinct she lowered her voice "We're just friends, if you want to fuck Brandon Hargrave.... just tell him, stop using my name" She said with a hard glare. Vanessa gathered her things and left a stunned, red faced Paul cradling his cheek on the library chair. He needed no further explanation, he would mind his own from now on.

Two months later, Brandon and his manager were in a limo headed for the Red Rock Casino and Arena, where he would have his title fight with Daniel Rogers. He had invited Vanessa to come along, but she had seemed rather aloof about the whole thing. She had told him that if she came, she would meet him after the fight, which probably meant that she would be in the stands watching. Brandon was going to ask how she would get there, but the way she was acting made it clear that she didn't want him prying into her business. Vanessa had made a good breakfast for him and had seen him off, but things had been chilly between them ever since her confrontation with Paul, who had told him about it via text. Brandon put thoughts of Vanessa out of his head in order to focus on his fight.

When they arrived at the Red Rock, Brandon and his manager were shown to the locker room that they would use. Brandon changed into his fighting outfit and began warming up with some shadow boxing while his manager gave him last minute strategies and a pep talk for the fight. When it was time to head to the ring, his manager slung the belt over his shoulder and Brandon put on his hooded robe. They walked out to the ring, and were joined not long after by Rogers and his manager. When Brandon was introduced, he held up the championship belt, which got a huge roar out of the crowd. After Rogers was introduced, both fighters and their respective managers moved to the center of the ring for a brief conference with the referee.

After the ref had explained the rules, Rogers gave him a smile.
"I almost can't believe that I'm standing here face-to-face with you. You've been my hero for years and I never would have made it this far without you being the inspiration that you are. Out of respect for you, I'm going to give it my all to be the new World Champion."
"I understand, and out of respect for you, I will give it my all to defend my title."
The two respectfully touched gloves and moved back to their corners.

When it was time to fight, both were ready to go. Rogers began with some basic punch combinations, but worked in that low kick that his manager had warned him about. Thankfully, Brandon was ready for it and defended himself the best that he could. He returned the offense, but Rogers was no amateur and also defended himself well. The first round was all about testing each other's defenses and trying different combinations. Both took a few shots, and were even at the end of the first round.

The second round was much like the first, with the combinations getting a little more intense. By the third round, both fighters had hit their stride and were throwing beautiful combinations. In the fourth round, Rogers took a slight lead by feigning a low kick and then striking with a head kick, which knocked Brandon to the mat for the first time and initiated a countdown. Brandon was able to get up on the count of three, and defended himself well for the rest of the round. In the fifth round, Brandon took the advantage and was able to knock his opponent down. Rogers got to his feet, and the round ended with neither gaining much more ground.

In the sixth round, Brandon decided that this was where he would go for the win. Halfway through the round, he struck him with a head kick that wobbled him. After this, he followed it up with a roundhouse kick to the body. Seeing a brief window of opportunity, Brandon jumped forward and executed a Superman punch that dropped Rogers to the mat. The blow had landed so hard that even though he was able to sit up, he was not able to stand in time to avoid being counted out. Brandon had defended his title with a TKO victory.

After the announcer made the post-fight speech announcing the victory, Brandon held up the belt again and the crowd went crazy. Rogers was able to stand and re-hydrate, and the two shook hands as friends and fellow sportsmen. Rogers promised that he would challenge him again, and Brandon told him that he looked forward to it. Everyone left the ring, and Brandon changed back into his street clothes in the locker room. He grabbed his bag, and he and his manager went into the lobby where Vanessa was supposed to meet them, if she had come to Las Vegas. Brandon looked around, but could see no sign of her.

"So you're going Vegas?" Samantha asked, taking a bite of her burrito. The girls were having lunch at the Taco Bell near campus, a common habit if theirs when extra money dived into anyone if their pockets. Vanessa had been the day's sponsor, treating her friends to lunch with some of the money her father insisted on sending.

"Yeah, I mean why not. He invited me."

Melanie and Samantha looked at each other "But you're his cook" Melanie chimed in.

"And?" Vanessa frowned, sipping the cup of lemonade in front of her. "We're friends too, it's not just professional"

Melanie shrugged "Just be careful V..." Her eyes softened toward the naive Italian "...Don't get yourself tied up with another athlete"

Vanessa chuckled, wiping the her mouth "Yeah, I know how that ends. They never work out for me"

Samantha found the humour in her friends words "Oh...but they do work out" Melanie joined in on the laughter and soon they were throwing their gorgeous heads back with our ecstasy written on their faces.

"Just..." Melanie giggled, clearing her throat "Just don't go with him, he's famous, if you're spotted going to the fight with him who knows what sort of articles the paps will print"

Vanessa furrowed her brows. Melanie's theory sounded a little a ridiculous to the short brunette. But it came from the mouth of an expert, someone who had been studying the world of journalism. The shady workings of its people and power to demolish lives, religions, even an entire race if need be. The written word was divine, now they lived in a world of pictures, and photo altering,. Reporters told whatever story they desired, coupled with a misleading headline....and the world was theirs for the taking. The minds of millions, so easy to manipulate, as long as you knew how.

"You've got a point" Vanessa nodded in agreement, after thinking it over.

Taking Melanie's advice Vanessa informed Brandon that she would be attending separately. Giving him a story about school, and a non existent paper she had to finish. Her lie had been simple enough for him to believe. With a tinge of excitement, Vanessa booked herself a ticket with her father's money and packed a small suitcase. It had been those events that led the young woman to the her first live fight. Violence had not been a new thing to Vanessa. When Brandon landed his hits, and got hit in return, she had not flinched. Not once. She had seen men get tortured, heard their screams. Her father would think she was asleep, but she'd seen him put bullets in traitors. Right outside their home, her little eyes peeking through the curtain of her bedroom door that led onto her balcony. Watching the lifeless body of one of her father's men, laying on the cold concrete.

To her amazement the fight had not been like the ones she'd watch form behind her computer screen. Vanessa heard the crowd, and seen the fight from her dorm room. Sitting in the stands, she experienced the crowd, hearing and feeling their joy and rage. They way Brandon moved in the ring, Vanessa could see the sweat dripping from Brandon. His focus, the fire in his eyes. Seeing him, the guy she knew, drop the other opponent with such controlled strength made Vanessa jump to her feet. Clapping her hands, grinning like a school girl and letting those nearby know, that she knew him. The winner, the champion.

Before heading to meet Brandon, the short brunette spent ten minutes in the bathroom, giving herself a touch up. Suddenly self conscious about how she looked in front of Brandon. Vanessa gave herself the once over, black knee length dress, denim jacket and short black boots, her hair in a two french braids. "Nothing spectacular...but it'll do" She slipped on sunglass, just in case of photographers, and with a deep breath Vanessa exited the bathroom. "Hey!" She waved at Brandon and his manager "Dont mind my getup, I'm trying to be mysterious" she chuckled.

Brandon stood in the lobby and waited for Vanessa to appear, signing a few autographs for fans while he waited. He was one of the few athletes that made himself totally accessible to the fans by using a public exit instead of a private one. It sometimes led to chaos when fans stampeded him, but he was okay with that. The fans took pictures with him on their cell phones, and after a few did so, Vanessa appeared. She was dressed all in black with shades on, presumably trying to be incognito, but her efforts to be inconspicuous were only making her stand out more. After she approached them and said she was trying to be mysterious, he chuckled.

"You've been talking to Melanie again, haven't you?"
Their mutual journalism friend always seemed to have this idea that he was constantly swarmed by paparazzi who would make up crazy stories about any girl seen with him. The fact was that the paparazzi never came around him, preferring to try and get lurid pics of Miley Cyrus or Kanye West. Most of the media around him were sports reporters, who would make little to no mention of any woman seen around him. Melanie was a competent journalism student, but he thought her imagination ran away with her sometimes and took Vanessa along for the ride. Nevertheless, his smile toward Vanessa was heartwarming.

"I'm glad you came."
Brandon gestured toward the door.
"My manager and I are going to take a limo back to the airport. Do you want to ride with us, or are you taking a separate flight home?"
Brandon was ready to get home and rest up after the fight. He had hopes that Vanessa would fix him a celebratory meal, but that was totally up to her.

Vanessa sighed, her heart dropping "I look like an idiot don't I" She removed the shades, tucking it into her bag. "I thought you were popular...at least Melanie made you seem that way" However, Melanie had been correct in her assumption of secret pictures but not in her assumption of the person behind the camera. They were not there to catch Brandon with an unknown woman. No. They were snapping Vanessa and an unknown man. The moment Victor heard news of his daughter booking a flight to Las Vegas, he sent someone behind her. Not to interfere in his daughter's life, just to keep him informed of where she would be going, who she would meet, and what would they be doing. Victor knew he had enemies, too many to have Vanessa roaming without his knowledge. Victor's phone chimed, the notification of an email. Vanessa showing up on his screen when he opened it. Alongside two strange faces.

Victor's eyes narrowed, he sent Vitaly, to keep an eye on her. Knowing he could trust the man with his life, and that of his daughter's. "Find out who they are..." If Vitaly had been awaiting further instructions, that was all he received. Find out who they are. No one got close to Vanessa without Victor's approval. Brandon Hargrave was no different. Whether or not Victor Vasselli liked what he learned would be another story all entirely.

"You're leaving already? Vanessa pouted "Dont you like, get dinner, or sight see.?" She hadn't expected to be leaving right away. Vanessa rarely got away from campus and to be this far from it now, meant that she really did not feel like going back so soon. There was a whole city outside the lobby, she had been to Vegas, not outside. Whenever she'd come on her father's 'business trips', her place had always been in the hotel room. Looking down on the everything outside. Vanessa's only experience of Vegas had been through cars windows, and hotel balcony's.

Brandon chuckled.
"Well, I am, just probably not as popular as Melanie seems to think I am."
He scratched his head as Vanessa asked him if they ever got dinner or went sight-seeing.
"Well, we went sightseeing the first time I came to Vegas, but we normally head back after the match."
His manager checked his watch.
"Well, I think we have time to get dinner and take Vanessa on a brief tour of the city."

The three got in the car and began to drive.
"So, Vanessa, where would you like to eat? Las Vegas has plenty of places to get good food."
They drove by a few recreations of historical monuments that had been built within the city. They were in the bustling downtown section, and traffic was heavy. However, their driver guided the limo skillfully through the traffic and continued on like he did everyday, the flashing lights outside the windows illuminating everything around them.

The memories returned as Vanessa's brown orbs took in every sight possible. With a smile she glanced at Brandon "Street...." Vanessa straightened herself "Street food is good" She had eaten at many fancy restaurants, but had yet to experience the flavours of the street. Greasy, cheesy and delicatbly fattening feasts."I mean, I here it's really good" She grinned "Unless.it's going to ruin your amazing.body and career....if that's the case we can eat healthy." Vanessa shrugged "I don't mind"

Brandon chuckled.
"My amazing body, huh? Well, that's quite a compliment."
He looked out the window.
"As long as we don't overdo it on the street food, I don't see any problem with that."
The limo pulled over and let the three out, the driver saying he would be back in thirty minutes.

Brandon began walking with Vanessa and his manager, finding a street food stand called Flame Kabob. Brandon ordered a Chicken Kubideh Kabob plate and a sour cheery iced tea while the others got what they wanted. The food was prepared fresh in front of them, and Brandon took a bite of his order. It was hot, fresh, and delicious.
"Man, that is really good."
He took a sip of his iced tea and sat down on a bench to eat.

Vanessa unlike Brandon Hargave, took quite a while to order. Her options were just too delicious, too abundant. If she could somehow have it all, she definitely would. Eat now, worry later. That had been Vanessa's approach to food, salad had never been her thing. Throwing embarrassment to the curb, the short brunette ordered a two chicken kabobs, two lamb, and a plate of garlic potatoes with cheese, and a large Arizona iced tea. Without hesitation she sat opposite Brandon, taking a bite of her lamb kebob. Her eyes met his, a smile hidden beneath. "Am I overdoing it?" Vanessa took a sip of her drink. If Brandon had been anyone else, she may have felt embarrassed at the amount of food being consumed. If it had been Mark, the brunette would be having a salad. Mark hated his women with a bigger appetite than him. Vanessa briefly wondered how Brandon preferred his women....not that it mattered....they were friends after all. "I like to eat, it's an Italian thing" she shrugged, continuing to devour hat laid before her. "Plus....the food is pretty awesome" She smiled at him.

Brandon was a bit amused when Vanessa ordered so much. He guessed that she was really hungry. When she asked him if she was overdoing it, he chuckled.
"Well, your stomach might think so later, but I don't. The food is delicious, and if I didn't have to watch my weight, I'd be doing the same thing you are."
Brandon continued to eat his food, and his manager was eating, as well.

After Brandon finished his food, he tossed it into a nearby garbage can. He still had his sour cherry tea, and he knew that he had just started an addiction. Checking his watch, he saw that it was getting late.
"We'd best be getting back. We've got class tomorrow after all."
He stood near the street corner to wait for the limo to come and pick them up.

Vanessa had not finished her meal, quickly she wrapped her garlic potatoes to go and finished the iced tea in hand. Dumping the empty can in the same trash can Brandon had just discarded his rubbish in. "It must suck having to travel back and forth so often, not really getting to explore anywhere." Vanessa glanced at him as the limo pulled up to the curb "Your fight tonight, it was amazing. But you should give yourself sometime to party a after, I mean it can't be easy going head to head with your bare fists..." The brunette stepped closer to the tall athlete, her eyes penetrating his, her face somber, as if studying everything curve of Brandon's.

"You need to have fun too" She shot him a coy smile and entered the limo, making herself comfortable. Vanessa hoped Brandon knew what she meant by 'fun'. There were many girls vying for his attention on campus and even on the sidelines of the ring. She understood why his life was so strict, watching his weight and working out. Vanessa believed Brandon needed to loosen up, he needed a girl in his life. Someone he could make wild love to when the night came, someone too make him smile. The short brunette stared out the window the entire ride, her mind tearing itself apart as she mentally chose girls that would be perfect for her employer.

When they arrived at the airport, Vanessa headed right for the counter, changing her ticket to get on the plane with Brandon and his manager. "I got it changed" she grinned showing them her boarding pass " The flight isn't filled so I'm pretty lucky" With her luggage on board and pass in hand, Vanessa followed behind the two men as they lead the way to terminal. The brunette moved down to economy class, leaving Brandon in first class. Vanessa Vasselli popped her head out into the aisle, trying to catch a glimpse of the athlete. Only to come in contact with a light blue curtain, with a sad smile Vanessa settled into her seat. Relaxing as the plane soared into the sky he cabin lights eve actually going out one by one.

Brandon turned to Vanessa as she began talking to him.
"I like to travel, actually, but yeah, I don't get to see as much of Vegas as I'd like to when I come over to fight."
She told him that he should party more after winning, since his job was tough.
"I have a lot of fun fighting, and maybe I should go to the occasional party."
Vanessa then gave him a very penetrating look, being more serious than he had ever seen her before. She then said that he needed to have fun, and the coy smile on her face made him realize that she wasn't talking about the partying kind of fun.

He briefly wondered if that was a come-on, but thought that surely she wasn't hitting on him. She had made it pretty clear that they were just friends. Brandon chuckled, deciding just to play it off.
"Yeah, I guess."
They got into the limo and were soon on their way to the airport. When they arrived at the airport, Vanessa got her ticket changed to their return flight, but she was in economy class instead of first class with them.

On the flight home, Brandon thought about what Vanessa had said to him. There was a party tomorrow night, and he was planning to go. He deserved to have a little fun after his hard work. Once the flight had landed, they took a taxi back to Brandon's house. Turning to Vanessa at the door, Brandon smiled at her.
"Did you want to spend the night here, or are you headed back to your dorm room?"

Back
Top Bottom