Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Serving you of all people (me and Josu_T)

Elise looked at him and she nodded when he said "I'm sorry to hear about your brother but when I said excuses, I was talking about the day before last night when you pretty much ran away from the disscusion. I go see if i can find something for your eye" she said and turned to leave the room.

She came back twenty minutes later with some creme and some eye drops.

James nodded as she explained what she'd meant. After she left, he went and sat at the table. He ate his breakfast while waiting for her to return. Once again he was glad that things were not hostile between them. When Elise returned, he smiled at her. He was glad she had something for his eye. "Thank you Elise. I think I can handle those things on my own. I won't ask you to help me with it."

"Alright" she said with a smile. She put the creme and the dropper down before she turned and began to walk over to his bed. She made it up for him and said "I'm guessing there not much else you want me to do".

James picked up the cream and started to rub some into the skin around his eye. He heard Elise making his bed. As he put the eye drops in carefully, he heard her subtly ask if he had anything else for her to do. He thought for a minute before responding. "No, there are no other chores for you at the moment other than the dishes. However, I would like some suggestions of what a guy with a black eye should do on a day off from training."

Elise looked at him and said "Well you could go to town, go shopping, go to the amusement park, there heaps of things you could do. What are your interests?" she asked him with a shrug.

James listened to her suggestions. He wasn't sure about them. He looked over at her and nodded. "Thanks for your suggestions, I'll think about it. I am not really sure what I want to do. I don't really feel like going out with a black eye though. Not somewhere that public and crowded." He shrugged and got up to go to his computer.

She chuckled a little at his words about his black eye and said "All right then, I guess I'll leave you to it then" she said and began to make her way out of the door.

James sat in front of him computer. He turned to see Elise leaving. He decided to say one more thing before she did. "I will probably be home most of the day. If you feel like you want to come and hang out, maybe talk, or something, for a while, I'd be fine with that. it would probably be better than being bored by myself." He smiled and then turned to his computer, pressing the button to start it up.

Elise looked at him when she spoke and she nodded and said" Sure, I'll come by later then" she said smiling and walking out of the room. She walked back to her room and decided to study for a couple of hours before for she returned to his room. She knocked on it softly before she entered and said "Hey, your offer to hang still available?" she asked him.

James nodded and started to do a few things on his computer to pass some time. After a couple hours he heard the knock on his door. He turned and saw Elise. He smiled at her. "Yes, the offer is still available. Come in and relax." He got up from his computer chair and moved to something more comfortable. He sat back and relaxed, waiting for Elise to take a seat as well.

Elise looked at him and smiled. She plonked down on the couch next to him and smiled. She looked at him and said "So hows being a full time athlete treating you?" she asked.

James watched her move to sit next to him. He was glad she had decided to come. When she asked about being an athlete he sighed. "It is tiring. It requires a lot of focus, energy, time, and dedication. I enjoy it, for some strange reason, but it is tough at times. The coach is brutally honest, but he needs to be. In the end, it is worth it if I can look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that I did the best I could, whether I make the team or not, whether I win or lose. As long as I tried my very best, I can be proud of myself." He sighed again, hoping one day he could really do that, and be proud of a real acheivment. He looked at her. "What is studying to be a lawyer like?"

Elise smiled and said "It has it's ups and downs. It can be boring sometimes....but when I finish I'll be where I want to be" She looked at him and smiled a little and said "My mum was a great defense attorney, I want to be like her...If she hadn;t gotten sick she would have probably been a QC right now" she said smiling at him. He may have noticed she never mentioned her father much. He might have been wondering why. Elise had some "daddy issues", she didn't talk about them too often.

James found it quite interesting that Elise was trying to follow in her mother's footsteps. That was very admirable. He smiled at her. "It sounds like your mother was a good woman. So, when she got sick, it was just you and your father?" He'd heard her talk about her mother a couple times, but didn't really know anything about her father.

Elise seemed to pause when he asked of her father and said said quietly "My father walked out on my mother two weeks after she got she found out she was pregnant with me...".

The moment Elise paused before responding, James was not looking forward to hearing her answer to his question. When it came, he looked down. He wasn't really sure what to say. He said what he was sure she had heard people say before, but it was the best he could come up with. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." He looked up at her, hoping she wasn't upset that he had asked her about her father. He hadn't known.

Elise looked at him and said "Don't worry...it's not your fualt" she said softly. She smiled at him and said "I never knew him...there's no point thinking about it now" she told him.

After seeing her smile, James felt better. He was glad she was not upset. He stood up and stretched for a moment, then looked down at her. "Is there anything you would like to do? Or do you just want to talk? I don't really have any ideas. I just wanted to get rid of boredom and spend a little time getting to know you better."

Elise looked at him and said "Anything I want to do would probably involve going outside which I don't think you want to do with that eye" she said with a chuckle.

James shrugged and laughed a little. "Well, if it just going outside, that would be fine. It is going out in public with a black eye that bothers me. Anyway, if there is anything you can think of indoors or outside on the manor property that you might like to do, tell me. Though I am fine with talking."

Elise looked at him and said "Well if you want to talk, its alright with me" she said smiling at him. "Anything you want to ask me?" she asked him.

He smiled and thought for a minute. "Well, I guess I'd just like to know more about you. All I really know is that you were a swimmer in high school, you are studying to be a lawyer, you want to follow in your mother's footsteps, and I know about your parents. Let me know more."

Elise looked at him and said "Well ask me some questions...I have a whole 23 years I could talk to you about"

James nodded and thought again. "I don't have any really specific questions. So, um, just tell me about things that you like to do and a bit about the past few years. I just want to get to know you better. I also want to learn more about your personality." He smiled at her.

Elise looked at him and said "Well, I've been in college for 2 years. I only had a part time job and the fees were catching up with me so I had to change to doing college part time and work full time. My mother died last year...another reason why I switched to part time was to pay for her funeral. As for personality...I'd like to think I'm a strong, intelligent and independent women, though I can be stubborn and spite full". She looked over at him and said "As for things I like to do, I like to go shopping when I can, I still like to swim, though I don't compete, right now most of my free time is devoted to study" she told him.

Back
Top Bottom