Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blank (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"Yeah, maybe." Adrian mumbled as looked away from him. "But for now, don't worry about that. I doubt their going to let you play with us outside until after they're done making you impregnate a bunch of women."

"Lucky me," Ian said flatly. "I get to sleep with a bunch of cautiously unwilling girls, purely by order. That doesn't sound very fun."

"No, they'll be willing. It's not like you're ugly or anything...and your strength will get them going more than anything, so...maybe it will be fun. Unless you're not into women?" She grinned a bit. Really..the only person that saw the madness in what they had gone through was her. Fighting for your life all the time was bad enough, but not even getting to choose who you want to make life with? That was too much, something that she hadn't thought of when she signed up for all this.

"It's not that," Ian said dryly. "I'm very much into women, thank you very much. But I'm not the kind of guy that gets off on planting my fertile seed into a garden and having someone else watch it grow, you know? It's kind of a big deal to find someone to have kids with when you're a Ranger." One of the only big deals, unless you were insane. Having a family kept you grounded, gave you reasons to come back home. Without that, you'd end up doing something stupid.

"Tell me that when you're getting your cock sucked." Adrian said with a casual wave of her hand. "Guys are all the same when they're horny. You'll get off and forget about what you did like everyone else."

Ian sighed a little, taking another forkful of food in. "I suppose I can't really argue the fact until I experience it myself, can I?" he said easily. "I suppose it is a little much to ask that they're at least looking forward to it, when I'm so important, it seems." Desperate times called for desperate measures, but were they this desperate?

"Yes, very important. Probably the savior of humanity." Adrian said with a snide smirk. She just couldn't understand it. How did a guy like him end up with a gift like 100 percent compatibility? Why the hell wasn't he a vampire? "You know, this could have easily gone the wrong way for us. If you got turned into a vampire you'd probably be a real threat to us."

"Maybe because I'm still alive," he joked dryly. "I guess that's the lucky part, I don't know. I don't even understand how it works, to be honest."

"How what works? Being turned into a vampire? Don't worry about it, you're immune now." Adrian told him as she leaned back in her chair. "I mean, from bites anyway. We already have a strand of the virus in us. The only thing that will turn us is if we consume vampire blood."

"No, I mean..." Ian sighed, elbows resting on the table. "How the hell am I not one? They keep saying I'm one hundred percent compatible, what does that mean? How am I not a vampire right now?"

"Hey, I'm not a scientist. But I know the thing that separates all genetically altered humans from being vampires is one single strand of the virus. Don't know what that means for you. We're all born with a compatibility rate, Ian. People who aren't compatible just get turned into those mindless husks that you're used to fighting. So maybe the opposite must be true for people who are one hundred percent compatible. Ever heard of The Mother?" Adrian smirked mischievously at him. She wasn't really in the business of scaring newcomers, but he deserved it.

"The Mother?" Ian frowned thoughtfully, something resonated with that. He wasn't sure why, there was a feeling of warmth that made him...uncomfortable. "No, I don't think so...who is she?"

"The first vampire who created an entire generation of vampires on her own. Do you know how she came to be?" Adrian asked, seeing that spark of interest in his eyes. She totally had him hooked.

"Not entirely," Ian said curiously. "I know that she is the one who started the whole mess, but we don't really get told the specifics...do you know?"

"Yeah, sure do. Not many people outside of Eden know this, but she became a vampire after being exposed to a toxin that was created for biological warfare. Everyone that was exposed to it died except for her. She just mutated and became something that we weren't able to understand. We still don't. But maybe she was like you...maybe she was one hundred percent compatible with the very chemical that was fatal and that's what turned her into a vampire." Adrian leaned in closer, leaning against the table. "They say she's still out there somewhere, just watching humanity slowly dwindle into nothing. This is her revenge."

"Really," Ian said, leaning in closer. Not that he was sure why...but it was a fun difference to acting scared, something about what she told him made his eyes glitter almost mischievously. "That's quite the story, if it's true...knowing our luck, it is. Otherwise, that'd mean there'd actually be an end to all this."

"You're no fun." Adrian said as she leaned back in her seat with a sigh. "Anyway, no one has ever seen the mother, they just know the virus originated with one sole survivor of the toxin. If she's still around, she would have killed us all by now. She's been rumored to be stronger than any of us could possibly imagine. Because she has all strands of the virus...which means she has all the powers every different type of vampire has."

"Maybe she's waiting," Ian said, leaning back in thought. "Or maybe she just doesn't think we're a threat." Why would she? Eden was the only huge population center they had. Sure, there were random spots of civilization here and there...but nothing compared to what the vampires had.

"If we weren't a threat then we would be dead. The intelligent vampire civilization knows of our existence and still haven't managed to make a dent in our defenses. But maybe she's just arrogant. Kinda like another freakishly compatible guy I know. Now it all makes sense." She smirked.

"Oh, very funny," Ian said dryly. "So I'm related to her all of a sudden? It's not my fault I'm blessed with all this genetic talent." he sniffed.

"We all are, actually. Except we're kinda like her surrogate children." Adrian grinned before her eyes shifted behind him. That was when she caught sight of her. "Oh, the head of the welcoming committee just got here to police us."

"Adrian," Sieglinde growled as she came from behind Ian. "What are you doing? Class is starting soon and you both haven't even finished your food! Stop jabbering and hurry up. Ian shouldn't be late for his first day, and your dumb ass needs to come to class so you can learn how to be a team player!"

Ian whistled faintly as he sat back, starting to eat his food. "I think it'll be okay, Seiglinde," Ian chuckled. "Besides, I'm sure they'll make an exception since I'm so perfect."

Sieglinde stared blankly at him for a moment before turning back to Adrian. "What the hell did you do to him? Just an hour alone together and he's already acting like a privileged child!"

"He was obviously being sarcastic. Sheesh, this is why I don't come to class." Adrian said as she got up nonchalantly. She so didn't have to deal with this.

"Might as well come along," Ian grinned, finishing his meal with the speed of a glutton as he rose up. "C'mon, it'll be fine. Or am I not good enough to hang around now?"

"It's not always about you. But if you want me to hold your hand to class then I suppose I could come along." Adrian grinned at him in a flirtatious manner, or at least it appeared that way to Sieglinde. All the bitch did was show off...it really annoyed her.

"Whatever...let her do what she wants and let's go." The pink haired girl growled as she pulled on Ian's arm.

Back
Top Bottom