Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Discussion (Spoiler alerts)

Which house do you belong to?

• Total voters
And so did the world!! It's offically the most watched trailer in 24hrs or something I read, hahaha!! So much happening!!

There is so so much to unpack here. Like... wow.

Just a lot.

I can't even begin to try and understand the massiveness of the war that will likely culminate at the end of the season.

She doesn't but folk want to pretend you can dick over the Iron Bank (who in the books literally will just fund your opponents and take their payments from the spoils) and be in the middle of a more or less civil war yet somehow come through fine.

There's also a theory that Jaime is Azor Ahai but honestly its either going to be him or Jaime to Kill Cersei according to the prophecy, prob Tyrion but Jaime overall seems pretty sick of her shit.

Anansi said:
She doesn't but folk want to pretend you can dick over the Iron Bank (who in the books literally will just fund your opponents and take their payments from the spoils) and be in the middle of a more or less civil war yet somehow come through fine.

There's also a theory that Jaime is Azor Ahai but honestly its either going to be him or Jaime to Kill Cersei according to the prophecy, prob Tyrion but Jaime overall seems pretty sick of her shit.

I think Jamie coming home to find that their last son committed suicide by falling from the top window of the Keep after seeing his beloved Margery blown up will push Jamie over the edge further than we realize. Cersei has quite literally proven that she will sacrifice anything to get what she wants... but I think her threads have worn thin. The kingslayer shall also become a queenslayer this season.

Then I think Jamie joins up the Lannister forces and actually looks for peace instead of war... Jamie is tired. He doesn't want this... he never asked for it. All this shit happened because of Cersei.

I mean the High Sparrow was kind of forcing hands in regards to certain things. I legit think it will turn out to be Tyrion. Tyrion has never forgiven Jaime for what he did to him and with the way things went I legit believe Tyrion will end up as last Lannister standing and claim Casterly Rock.

That or they've so heavily hinted at Jaime and Brienne I hope she gets it because in the books a certain someone doesn't make it so people need to stop shipping that.

Also where the fuck is Gendry?

Well... Tyrion already got to kill a member of the family... the one who slighted him more than Cersei ever thought... his father.

Cersei deserves it, but Jamie has shown his some compassion... and if anything, I'd hope that almost Tyrion would be able to reach out to Jamie and get him to join in cahoots with Dany.

Brienne is gonna die this season... I dont know how yet... but I have a feeling she will. Perhaps at the hands of the hound when they meet again? Or maybe the mountain?

Gendry shall make his own return and house Baratheon will rise with the Stag once more... no longer with a claim for the throne. Or perhaps Jon will see it as a chance to reunite Westeros by offering someone with a true bloodline to Robert as a succession to the throne and the Starks and Baratheons will ride together again.

Nah there's a prophecy in the books that Cersei will lose her three children and then the "little brother" shall kill her. However Jaime is also the younger brother.

Nah Jaime set him up for something he still blames him for and yes he does blame/hate his father and has gotten his revenge but with Jaime out of the way(with his service done he'd not be in the Kingsguard anymore thus able to claim property.)
Nah Brienne will likely finally gain her honor that she wishes so badly and maybe die after or maybe with Jaime, I mean why not lose your virginity to the man you desire?
Robert Strong will prob be killed by a giant for the sake of dramatics or someone similar to Oberyn.

Meh Gendry would take lots of work to be recognized for a Baratheon especially since Cersei supposedly had all the bastards rounded up and killed.

Well, good I'm not crazy, was feeling everyone is getting pumped for the 'Clash of the Queens' but to me the fight seems so one sided its not even interesting anymore :huh:

Btw, Interesting ideas, but allow me to offer a counter point tho...
Arya will kill Cersei, after all Valyrian has no gendered words (Kind of what English seems to us Latin Speakers, since we gender even inanimated objects, but that's besides the point), the use of 'the Valonqar' makes me feel it was used on purpose to give us a twist and I can't think of anyone better suited to kill Cersei than our favorite Murder Girl

Well. There may be some merit to that idea. The prophecy could still be held true. A 'little brother' could still kill her in the form of Arya. I'm still not quite sure how the faces work. And as I'm typing this, I realize I'm dead wrong, but you have to kill someone to take their face right?? So there's no way Arya would kill Jamie or something like that to take their face to get close to her?

Also, from what we've seen of the trailer, she's finally back in the north. I'd at least like a reunion with Jon and Sansa before she runs back off on her happy go lucky murder spree

Kiss
Eh, I'm not sure I like how much they've made Arya into a proper murder girl, she's good at killing randos and individual folk but she's very unfocused in her actual skill level. To get this close to Cersei would be unlikely, and as for Valyrian its a general time for younger person of any kind of high standing specifically it was the Valonqor so it could be any number of folk. Could be Aegon, could be Dany, could be Bran once folk realize he's alive. Hell it could be Sandor for what she did to his brother. or since the Mountain was reborn he's now the "younger" brother so could be him while Sandor is there. Ultimately, there are many potential assassins who could have gotten Cersei but haven't, I'm sure if it was as easy for assassins to get close to her one of Varys' little birds would have done so in the book. The show makes them Qyburn's now but I feel it will turn out they're still under Varys.

Sam
The faces seem to be a mix of the flesh of another with a similar look and that person's own abilities. Its theorized its something granted to them by their God but as Arya rejected the guild she may or may not be able to use it fully. Also their order denotes that she was not to choose who recieved the gift herself, which she is doing in full violation so she's likely going to have her hands full dealing with too many assassins to kill Cersei. With her quest for super vengeance it seems likely she'd either be forced to give it up for whatever reason to "find peace" or she'd die at the hands of someone innocent as she's "become like those she sought to kill"

sailingsam said:
Mr. Drake said:
Can it be three weeks from now already?

God how I wish it could.

Put me in a coma and wake me up when it's time.

Suddenlysailingsam was struck by a flaming bus and now has been put into a coma until 7/16/17(the estimated date that they will awake

Well don't you just hate when that happens?

Well I'm not 100% sold on Show-Euron, but this scene was great and that's an incredibly sexy 80's goth rocker outfit he's got on!

gRIi4je.jpg

The second he appeared in the throne room I kinda swooned a bit.

I'll put a spoiler tag here I guess.
He SEXY and he knows it. And all the jabs at Jamie in front of him to the "I have two hands" of the "Killing my own brother felt so good." Had me dying. I just worry that he has dragonbinder and will steal away some of Dany's dragons.

ED SHEERAN WAS IN GAME OF THRONES! That sexy lil ginger.

Sansa isn't putting up with littlefinger's shit

Arya murdered the Frey's. Thank gooodddddd

I hope Bran starts his way to Winterfell immediately, and somehow runs into Tormund on the way to warn him of the impending walkers.

Poor Samwell, but Jorah sold it!!!!!

And best of all was the silent scene of Dany's return to dragonstone. "Shall when hegin!"

I lost it.

I still hate Cersei. Like with a passion. I love Jamie and think he'll leave his sister when Euron returns.

I just. I'm so so hype for this season... it's going to be amazing.

At the scene where Cersei and Jaime are standing on the map, Cersei is standing on an area called "The Neck", while Jaime was standing on islands called "The Fingers". This is from Maggie's prophecy: "Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Jaime could choke Cersei to her death this season.

Not a bad start to the season

Seeing Ed Sheeran was very meh for me...almost wished they excluded him on the focus. However, its hilarious hearing him sing Hands of Gold...something referenced by a singer named Symon Silver Tongue in the books about Tyrion and Shae relationship...fun tidbit there.

The Hound traversing with the Brotherhood without Banners was the gold standard of the episode. And trashing Man buns is a bonus.

Dany got to Dragonstone but nothing but hyping things with barely anything occurring.

Poor Sam and that Montage of suffering he went through at the Citadel.

To end things...fuckkkkk at Giant wights

The Ed Sheeran thing was definitely a surprise. I didn't know there were any hobbits in Westeros! ;)

I could watch a whole show of just Beric, Thoros and Sandor bantering.

Why is it we can get two minutes of Sam scraping Pus filled scabs off Jorah, but we can't get another 30 seconds of Grey Worm going down on Missendei? Rude.

xanaphia said:
Why is it we can get two minutes of Sam scraping Pus filled scabs off Jorah, but we can't get another 30 seconds of Grey Worm going down on Missendei? Rude.

Yes, please. x2. Agreed. Can't approve this enough.

Back
Top Bottom