Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'll Follow You to Hell and Back [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

"I will not allow you to go to Hell~ even if it means I will be stripped of my power and forced to live the rest of eternity as a fox~" She told her, smiling kindly

Midori's cheeks flushed softly, but she quickly pulled her hat over her face so it cast a shadow on her face. "Ah.. That's very kind.." She mumbled.

"Yeah." She said, heading down the road, resting her hand on her sword every now and again, and when ever she did, a sad look flashed on her face.

Midori stopped at sun high to drink water from the river, sitting on the bank and watching the water for a few minutes.

Kiyomi stood and waited patiently; she didn't want to make Midori anymore uncomforqble than she already did. "We'll be in Iga soon, Midori-sama...there's an inn there we can stay in..."

"You can sit down you know... I'm not going to push you into the river." She said, watching the water with a peaceful look on her face.

"It isn't you." She said, reaching out to put her hand in the cool water. "It's me, I'm just like this."

"Would it be rude of me to ask for an explanation...?" Kiyomi asked, glancing at her, "If my question is out of bounds, you needn't answer."

Midori tensed and clenched her fist, taking a shakey breath. "The Daimyo.. They were.. No still are, as you must know are the feudal rulers... My father was one of them, but he always flashed with the others. Eventually they had enough of him and got rid of him... But loose ends you know? They killed my elder brother first, then my mother.. I guess they had different plans for me though... They hired a group of thugs to come after me, and when my husband got word of this, he made plans to send me from Japan by sea... Not only did they sink the ship and everyone on board... They murdered my husband, and only then did they come after me." She glared down at the water. "I had been on the road for some time already, I was a wanted woman. The Daimyo claimed my entire family had been plotting to over throw the Daimyo and resist the Shogun, so no one dared help me... It wasn't true.. When they found me..." She ground her teeth. "They all took turns... Making sure I knew my place. After they were done with me they dumped me on the side of the road and left me there." She muttered. "I was able to find my husbands family heirloom.. It survived through the entire thing." She rested her hand on the blade, frowning. "That's it. That's my story."

Kiyomi frowned heavily and bowed her head, "Gomenasai, Midori-sama...I will see to it that the Daimyo drops straight into Hell for his sins..."

"That's why I'm going after the Kuromitsu blade, so I can avenge my husband and family for their murder." She said lowly.

"Did you not get along with the other Kitsune?" She asked, a small trace of teasing in her voice.

"I'm the youngest...the only one of Inarimyojin-sama's servants who has a single tail. All the others have three or five tails...and here I am..." She smiled, tail swishing, "I don't mind though...I like beig the yougest...I can appreciate life a lot more..."

Back
Top Bottom