Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'll Follow You to Hell and Back [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

Midori said little on their way, answering questions with short answers, mostly evasive answers or sarcastic retorts. She slowed her pace once it started to grow dark. "We'll head up the road a little longer before stopping."

Kiyomi nodded, following by her side. When it was dark, Kiyomi seemed to float instead of walking; green orbs seeming to flock to her. She smiled softly, "Konban wa, minna-san..."

Midori glanced at her, moving over to a clearing and sitting down against a fallen tree, tipping her hat over her eyes. "Ne... Do you Kitsune sleep?"

Midori stiffened when she got closer and she shifted away. "I see." She said, closing her eyes.

Kiyomi moved a couple feet away from Midori, kneeling and holding her lantern to the side, "Oyasuminasai, Midori-sama..." She said sweetly

Midori made a grunting noise and closed her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest and leaning against the log.

In the morning, Midori woke at the break of dawn, lifting her hat and looking over at Kiyomi, rubbing the stiffness from her neck.

Midori stiffened a bit, looking uncomfortable. "We should get going." She said and stood.

Kiyomi stayed silent as they walked, noticing Midori's discomfort. She did not want her master to grow annoyed and make her leave

Midori saw. Kiyomi's worried look and made a face. "I'm not gonna kick you to the curb." She said, eyes falling on a farmer leading a cow down the road, pulling a cart full of vegetables.

"Hai.." Kiyomi muttered. She looked and removed her leaf, turning back into a fox and dashing into the grass to get passed the farmer

Once they passed the farmer, Midori looked to the tall grass along side the road. "How do you know where the Kuromitsu blade is?"

Midori couldn't help but look intrigued. "So you're all seeing or you can only see most things? Or do you just know about things?"

"I'm still very young, so I'm not omniscient yet." She smiled softly. "But, as a messenger for Inarimyojin-sama, it is my duty to know as much as possible. And a powerful blade such as the Kuromitsu Blade is one such thing us Kitsune must always know of."

"Can you tell... If this man is using it, or simply in possession of it?" She asked, looking at her.

"Takeno is simply keeping guard of it." She answered, "The Shogunate demanded that a blade forged from Hell should be guarded and feared, never used against mankind."

Back
Top Bottom