Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demonizing an Angel *(Silvana | Areawin)

Cooking perhaps wasn't something he did often, but he seemed to be good at it, everything done and laid out, letting her tug him closer with a grin when he'd presented breakfast to her, "No need." He remarked, "Ratri is the walking stomach. Eat up before he comes raiding the kitchen." Across from them, the pair on the couch had started stirring, the scent of cooked food being enough to draw them both out and to the table.

Shiori sitting down with her eyes closed still when Keiran went ahead and started fixing plates full of food, sliding one in front of her and another to Ratri, who, for the first time in quite some time, was wide awake and conscious, seeming a bit confused about where he was until Shiori explained to him.

Sure enough, just as Keiran had suggested, Ratri ate more than his fill, cleaning up any left overs that hadn't been served when everyone else had finished eating.

It was a good sight to see though, considering how bad condition he'd been in before. The dark haired guitarist even going so far as to wash the dishes, shaking his head, "Nuh-uh. I got this." Taking the plates out of Shiori's hands when she'd gathered them up.

Silennia pulled him down for another kiss before the other two stirred, and ate quietly for the most part. Her stomach still rumbling until she was about halfway through, when it quieted enough for her to concentrate. She saw no reason to hide her affection from the others, so when Keiran sat down with them, she leaned against him freely. It was a welcoming sensation to be able to trust someone other than Korina. She smiled appreciatively toward them as they cleaned up, and felt more than thankful at the fact that she didn't have to get up and move around more than absolutely necessary. It was going to be a long day -- most likely for all of them.

She wanted to ask Keiran about his sister, but felt that it wasn't her business enough to ask. Silently, the girl stood and stretched; showering quickly just to get clean. When she came out and glanced at the clock, it was only nine in the morning. Still plenty of time to get ready, even texting Damien what time he wanted to meet. He replied in no time at all, confirming that he wanted to meet just at 12:30pm. It not only gave them enough time to get ready, but enough time to feel hungry again after the large breakfast Keiran had presented her with.

Before, she had wanted to lay around, but now it seemed like a silly idea. Urging Keiran to get ready so they could at least wander around outside for a bit. If she was going to have guests for more than the day, she would want to get more food as well. It was decided that there was nothing to do while Keiran cleaned up, and so Silennia sat on the floor in front of the couch and clicked on the television. She would have began scrubbing out the stains, but she'd already showered and dressed, and didn't want to dirty herself. They weren't going to get any worse by staying there for another few hours, since they were already dry.

Upon turning the television on, the news was rather dramatic. A building -- or at least, what once had been a building -- smoldering on the ground. Taking a closer look, Silennia realised that it was none other than the complex that the vampire nest was in. Thinking about it caused the hair on her arms to stand on end momentarily. It continued to say that there had been quite a few casualties, but DNA tests were inconclusive -- just that if anyone was known to be missing, to contact authorities straight away. The fire was being blamed on faulty wiring down in the basement.

She was about to turn off the television and stand up when the door to her apartment opened and Korina walked in, looking pale and tired. Raoul was directly behind her, looking frustrated. More than likely he'd tried to keep her at his home, but she wouldn't comply. The tall man spotted Silennia on the floor and shook his head with an exasperated expression. "I tried keeping her there, but she wouldn't stop asking for you."

No words were exchanged between the girls. Korina fell to her knees next to Silennia and practically curled into a ball in her lap, beginning to sob. It wasn't a light crying -- her entire body shook violently with each breath, tears and snot streaming down and wetting her shirt. All Silennia could do was hold her friend tightly and rock back and forth in a gentle manner, while Raoul shut the door and stood near it. He acknowledged Keiran upon seeing him, but mostly his eyes were for Korina.

Silennia had wanted to walk around and get out of the apartment, but now, it seemed that it wasn't going to happen. Raoul picked Korina up, but she still grasped Silennia tightly; the raven-haired girl murmuring soothing things and motioning for him to take her into the room, where the two girls stayed until nearly noon. The door stayed shut. Nobody else was allowed in. Silennia held Korina, who cried violently until eventually, she fell asleep. There was nothing to be done, no questions to be asked. Whatever had happened had scared her tremendously. Gently, Silennia woke the ginger just long enough to tell her that she had to go out, but she would be back soon. Not to worry, because Raoul was going to stay here with her. She would be protected. Nothing bad would happen to her here. Had anything bad ever happened in Silennia's care?

It took a while of coaxing, but Korina finally went back to sleep, and slipped out of the room quietly; Raoul taking her place beside Korina in the bed and simply holding her. Sapphire eyes met with golden ones as she smiled apologetically at Keiran, and the two were finally able to leave; arriving precisely on time.

Typically, Damien would have opted to sit outside, but he knew that it was simply too chilly for Silennia today. He did not expect, however, for Keiran to be with her, and forced a smile as he motioned for them both to sit across from him in the booth he had chosen. A small, simple restaurant. Quiet and buzzing at the same time. At first, Silennia felt rather awkward to be there, and was silently thankful for Keiran's presence.

Damien was the one to break the ice. "You both look dreadful," he stated simply.

That recieved a sigh from Silennia, who was tempted to walk out just for the simple comment.

"There's no point in hiding it." He watched her carefully, and knew that she had been keyed in somehow. Probably not everything, but that kind of light doesn't linger in someone's eyes unless they've discovered more secrets than they care to. "You know, don't you?" he said quietly. A quick glance at Keiran.

"About the vampires that nearly killed three -- four people?" She was glaring at him now. All before a waitress had even come to ask what they were drinking.

So she didn't know. Damien felt disheartened, and smiled politely when a waitress did finally come. Silennia didn't seem too awfully hungry, but he offered for the two to order anything they liked -- chuckling when he realized how hungry Keiran was, but for something else. He wanted desperately to say that Silennia wasn't on the menu, for good humor, but it would confuse her, and then he would have to explain this supernatural nonsense further. It wasn't a task he wished to do. Instead, it remained almost a private joke, as he cast an amused look toward the incubus next to her.

"I leave for less than a week," he remarked, "and vampires destroy an entire building. How... charming." He was unaware of Adriel and Abigor. He was basically unaware of everything, although it wouldn't stay like that for long. The subject was quick to change. "How are you feeling Silennia?"

For a boss, he seemed much more interested in Silennia's well-being than he should be. Going out of his way to make sure she was safe, even allowing her to stay home when she wasn't feeling well without firing her, after giving her specific duties. Something was behind all of it... he just wasn't at liberty to say what quite yet.

She took a sip of her tea, which was unsweet with extra lemon, before setting it down and giving him the nastiest glare she could possibly manage. "What was in that vial?" She hadn't answered his question, but with the way she was looking at him, he wasn't going to push it.

"A small concoction. It was supposed to make you feel better."

"Oh, it did," she snapped. "For all of a day. Until the man that came in the dream afterwards showed up on my door with his dying daughter." The words were hissed, but nobody seemed to hear them except for Damien and Keiran. "Not to mention the daughter was Mina of all people." She sat back angrily in her booth, feeling that uncontrollable rage building up inside of her. Suddenly feeling like she needed to run, to escape from this small place, yet knowing that it wouldn't help. "I punched a wall and broke my hand, Damien," she continued. "It healed a day later. I shoved a full-grown man into a counter and cracked it without any effort. There's something going on." Now what she had been delaying for days. "And one or both of you knows what it is."

She really didn't have a clue as to what was happening to her. Just the strange mood swings, the rage, the strength. The instincts that didn't allow her to have a panic attack at information that anyone else would have. The bruises on her back and shoulders, that she was covering up with a cream-colored sweater. No, she had no idea about anything else. Not Mina, Keiran, certainly not Adriel -- although, in her dreams of him, he had large, crimson wings. The same color as his hair, as a matter of fact...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a large plate of appetizers being set in front of them. Damien leaned forward a bit, keeping his voice low. "I can explain as much as I know later on. Just not right now." He nodded at Keiran, hoping that the other male would help him in any way that he could. "After lunch, my office inside the club. Let's just enjoy ourselves. This certainly isn't the place for these things."

The look Keiran gave Damien when he commented on the pair's appearance was one that possibly could have burned a hole through him. The incubus knowing full well that his lack of properly feeding was beginning to show. His usually warm skin-tone having taken almost a grey-ish tint to it in the sunlight. Dark shadows ever lurking beneath his eyes as if he hadn't had a proper amount of sleep. The incubus offering a strained smile in response that never met his gaze. Unamused.

Damien wasn't wrong, however. Compared to the first night he'd been here, Keiran seemed almost sickly now.

The demon shifting that unfriendly gaze towards the waitress when she came to take their order, "I'll have nothing." He commented simply, averting his gaze away. By now, Mina was surely well fed and wandering about. A thought that left Keiran almost feeling bitter, his hunger having been clawing at the insides of his body since the first night he'd arrived. By now, it had only grown worse, only being temporarily sated with what little physical contact he'd made with Silennia.

Mentally making a note to strangle Adriel later for interrupting him the day before. Having been so close to finally taking what his body so desperately needed to sustain itself.

Keiran's attention being drawn back to the conversation when Silennia abruptly accused the both of them of knowing things that they had neglected to tell her. Well, it wasn't untrue. However, Keiran's gaze slide towards Damien once more. Damien was the one who held the details to what was happening to Silennia. Not even Keiran knew. All that he had managed to discover was that she was the offspring of...

Well, a prince of Hell.

It wasn't really much to go on. Though, Keiran couldn't deny that he was hiding secrets of his own. So far, he had purposely avoided discussing himself, Adriel, and Mina. Even Shiori's true nature was kept a secret. The incubus wondering just what Silennia would think if she found out that the woman who had been staying in her apartment was actually a human woman who had gone missing several hundred years before... who had been named Karmilia. A individual who spent her whole life being taught how to fight demons... only to have her body snatched away from her.

Then again, at this point, Keiran was sure that the girl was growing used to the idea that such creatures lurked about.

Lunch was ate mostly in silence, the three of them departing for the very club where everything seemed to have started for Keiran. How could Mina's harmless little 'gig' as a songstress end in so much... chaos? Come to think of it, between Silennia and Mina, the two had managed to turn Keiran's world over on it's side.

A bad feeling washing over Keiran as Mina's scent tickled his nose upon entering.

She had come here, of all places.

"... whatever Mina is doing in there, I apologize beforehand." Keiran muttered, glancing at Damien as it became clear that she was inside the office. Almost dreading what sort of sight would greet them. Once Mina got started, it was rare for her to simply devour one, or two humans.

Inside, Mina was perched on top of the desk, dressed in all black with a motionless body laid across her lap, and several more tossed to the side already, lifting her head as she became aware that she had company, "Oh." She purred, "Pardon me." She mused, shoving the man into the floor so that he laid there, just barely breathing still. Too weak to even get up. The red head having already taken what she needed from him.

"You look like shit, Keiran."

Damien nearly groaned out loud. Yes, Mina was here. He, too, could smell her. She was hard to miss - especially now that she had fed so well. He glanced at Keiran, knowing it wasn't his fault that his sister was here, however, he couldn't help but still feel irritated.

Silennia was clueless. She hadn't heard the exchange between the two men. Well, clueless until Damien opened the door to his office and Mina was there.

The raven-haired girl took in the scene before her and just... walked away. Out of the office. Down the set of stairs that led to the main floor. Then instantly to where the alcohol and liquors were kept. She grabbed a bottle of whiskey and opened the cap, not bothering to pour it out into a glass. No, she drank it straight from the bottle; several large gulps before wincing and squirming at the heat from it as it poured down her throat. Only then did she walk back to where the other three were, with the bottle still in hand. "This is fucking bullshit," she snapped under her breath. Took another drink from the bottle before offering it to Damien without looking away from Mina; Damien shaking his head at the gesture.

There was nothing that Damien could do or say to make this situation seem better. It just wasn't going to happen. With a forced, polite smile toward the succubus, he stepped to the side a bit. "Why don't we take this downstairs. You're welcome to join us, Mina." With that, he turned and glared toward Keiran. Not at him; just in general. Silennia was already stumbling slightly, and when Damien made himself comfortable into one of the lounges, Silennia stumbled in next to him. He looked at her. "Keiran, perhaps you ought to... get that away from her," he said simply, motioning toward the bottle.

Silennia clutched the bottle against her chest at the words. "I'm not drunk enough to deal with this," she snapped simply.

Damien decided to, for the most part, ignore what she was doing and began speaking - directly to Keiran. "Abigor is Silennia's father," he said quietly. It was a confirmation that made Silennia moan and press her forehead against the table. There was no humor within the demon's eyes as he spoke. No, this was an incredibly serious matter. "She is the first of her kind. Abigor's only living child. The only one that has lived past no more than a few years old. She is a successful experiment." More groaning from the girl beside him. "But Abigor has kept this all a very well-guarded secret. I do not know who, or what, her mother is."

Now it was time to get down to the point.

"She doesn't open up around anyone, Keiran," he stated bluntly. "But you, it seems. She will die if she doesn't get help with what she's going through. A transformation. But we don't know what kind, as we do not know who birthed her. The more information we can get about what's been happening... the better chance she has at surviving." At this, Silennia lifted her head weakly. Damien kept his eyes on Keiran.

"She's going to die otherwise. Already she's getting sick. I'm sure you see it." Now was not the time to mention that Keiran looked deathly himself, but he was not going to make this about the incubus.

Judging from Mina's comment, she didn't remember the events from yesterday. Didn't remember sinking her hand into her brother's chest to tear his heart out. Keiran grimacing a little, "You have a hell of a way with words." He retorted, watching Silennia as she left at the sight of the scene. He didn't blame her too much, however. It was a proper reaction, "Greedy, are we?" He muttered, glancing off to the side at Mina's neat little pile of unconscious men.

That smile faltering on Mina's lips, a more serious expression touching her face, "I... I don't know what's come over me, Keiran." She finally stated, "After three, I should have been satisfied after being so drained..."

"After three...?" Concern crossed Keiran's face at the comment. There were a total of six in the office alone, "Just how many have you-"

"That's not the point and none of your business." Mina had slipped off the desk, smiling faintly to Damien when he turned away, at least a bit content with the irritation that had flickered across his face, nodding at his invitation to join them, "Of course. After I've cleaned up my mess...."

Hesistating a moment longer, Keiran looked towards Mina, worry still lingering on his face at her comment. Her appetite could be rather large at times, but this...

Turning away, he followed Damien and Silennia down the stairs, paying no mind to the other's glare. Nodding in agreement at Damien's suggestion to take the bottle away from Silennia, though, when she clutched it to her chest, declaring she wasn't drunk enough, he sighed. Amber hues shifting to Damien when he started speaking.

Stating what had become quite obvious to Keiran.

Twice now, he'd encountered Abigor, and as far as the incubus was concerned, it was two times too many. Letting Damien finish. A chill cutting into his stomach at the last words. Silennia? Die? His jaw tightened just slightly at the thought. Remembering the bruising he'd seen this morning. How bad it had gotten. Licking his lips thoughtfully for a moment before meeting Damien's gaze, "I already know about Abigor." Glancing back over his shoulder to where Mina was slowly moving bodies out of the office. Loading each one into a cab and paying the drivers handsomely to take them home. No questions asked.

For the time being, still occupied with her task.

Keiran's gaze sliding back, moving on to explain, "Abigor showed up in Silennia's apartment yesterday... and again, just a short while before that at the vampire's nest where Mina was taken and held at for a few days after you left town. Twice, I've seen him now, and quite frankly, Damien, I am not the sort who wishes to cross paths with a fucking prince of hell." His tone had taken a stressed edge to it, "Yesterday," He laughed bitterly, "Was awful. As if it wasn't bad enough that Mina lost her mind. As if it wasn't bad enough that Adriel himself, the psycho, has been hanging around. No, Abigor had to come waltzing in."

He rubbed his temples slightly with his fingertips, "And that's not even the best part."

Sarcasm thickly layering his voice at this point.

Silennia crawled over to Keiran. She'd chugged about half of the bottle by this point. Completely unaware of the conversation that was going on. It was her turn to be battered and helpless. She was giggling quietly in her corner at nothing in particular, kissing his neck and giggling too hard to continue. Finally releasing the bottle that she held and putting it on the table, only to curl up into Keiran's lap. "I hate everything," she sighed.

Damien was watching her carefully, trying to figure out just how far along she was. "I had no idea he would make an appearance himself," he said quietly. "Silennia is precious to him. Moreso than any other child, because she's lived this long. He will not allow her to die." His tone became quiet. He wanted to tell Keiran that if he wanted to keep her, he would have to-- what? Damien didn't even know what Keiran needed to do. "Abigor has taken an interest in the fact that she's taken to you," he continued. "I'm still trying to understand what he wants. But Abigor is not a patient man by any means. He will get his way, even if it means ripping her away from you."

Barely two in the afternoon, and Silennia was completely gone. "She'll start turning to other means to feel better," he sighed. "Like she is now. Drugs. Anything. But I don't know what her symptoms are. That's what I need your help with. All I know is that she's beginning to change." He needed Keiran to tell him what was happening to her, as it happened. "Marks on her body, muscle spasms, an increased appetite or decrease. They're surprisingly important." He leaned over slightly, watching Mina pull out the bodies. It was almost... cute, how innocent she was being with the entire thing.

Silennia reached out to grab the bottle, but Damien snatched it away before her fingertips touched the glass. She grumbled and wrapped her arms around Keiran's neck to kiss it again; sighing loudly and grumbling.

"Not even the best part?" Damien questioned.

Keiran's fingers absently played through Silennia's hair when she'd laid her head in his lap. Coiling a strand gently around his finger before letting it fall free once more, and continuing to do so. She'd drug him into all of this, yet, he'd come into it willingly. Wanting to be closer to her. It was all irrational, and he frowned, "She's been quite... violent." He started slowly, "She had a... confrontation with Mina's father yesterday a short while before everything else happened. She mentioned it to you partly. He's the one she shoved into a counter, and... well, I would tell you to ask him about it yourself since he was rather close and personal with her during that, but I have no idea where he's gone...."

Indeed, while Mina had shown up, Adriel was still missing.

What was he up to?

"And her back... She's had bruises since I arrived, but they've been getting worse every day."

Meeting Damien's gaze when he questioned him about what the 'best part' was, Keiran shifted just slightly, "When Abigor showed up, Mina was in a... craze." He trailed off, unsure how familiar Damien was with incubi and succubi, "It's... a sort of defense that our bodies will kick into when we've been... pushed to the edge. A last resort." Glad that Silennia was too drunk to remember this conversation later, "Needless to say, she tried to rip my heart out- literally, mind you, broke her father's wrist, and then proceeded to get nice and cozy with Abigor of all beings."

She had flocked to him like a moth straight into the flames.

Glancing back to see Mina entering once more, slipping back up the stairs for what would be the last body, "... I know Silennia's in far greater danger, but... that's my sister. Do you know what something like that can do to our kind? Someone of that power? She doesn't seem to remember anything from then, but flesh never forgets, Damien."

His arm shifted a bit, coiling around Silennia's waist as he spoke, the girl starting to distract him a bit when she kissed at his neck, his body tensing.

Damien acted mostly like Silennia wasn't even there. Anything she said while she was like this could be false or exaggerated, and the demon couldn't afford to have false information stored into his head while he was trying to figure out just what was going on. So she had shoved Adriel. A powerful being; a fallen angel. Perhaps that was the reason Abigor had shown himself, yet -- no, that didn't add up. Abigor wouldn't care, unless Adriel had tried to kill Silennia. Something that severe would have been stated so by Keiran. Another dead end, it seemed.

At the incubus' mention of Mina, Damien sighed and leaned back. "That damage is irreversible." A simple statement. He gave it a few seconds to sink in. "Abigor doesn't do anything randomly. There's a point to everything he does. Since there's a good chance Silennia won't make it much longer than she has, he might..." he trailed off, leaving Keiran to make his own deductions about where he was going. It was entirely possible. "He shouldn't be underestimated at any cost. I can pull strings, but I don't know of anything that can make him change his mind once he's set it to something."

It had been centuries since Damien had laid eyes on Abigor, and during that time it was during one of the many wars that raged. Abigor stood by, amused, as man sliced into the flesh of man. The stench of blood was overwhelming, yet it didn't seem to bother him any. Damien had been under command of another Prince. Currently, he obeyed no one -- directly, at least. If he were given an order by someone stronger than himself, it was a good idea to follow it. But for now, he didn't have to worry about mindless errands for arrogant demons.

"Mina may or may not remember what happened, if it were to arise. It... it all specifically depends on whether Abigor had a big enough impact on her." He was becoming more and more frustrated with himself. Had he not left, he could have witnessed most of these things first-hand. He couldn't expect Keiran to explain to him what happened and just make conclusions from there. That's not how it worked. But he had to try. Anymore questioning and he knew the incubus would become flustered, so he switched to a less-delicate topic. "The bruises will cause her pain, but they won't kill her."

An idea as to what it could be smacked him rather hard, but he didn't speak this aloud. There was no point in mentioning it if it weren't to be true. Yet there had to be a reason Silennia had lived this long; something powerful enough in her blood to support the demon's DNA that raged inside of her. Something either equally good or bad. "I was the one that brought Silennia to Richard. Her-- well, her father," he continued slowly. "A woman, Leghadema, said she needed protection. That she needed to be away from where we had been." He wasn't about to say specifically where all of this happened. "She said that she would be watching over her, and I didn't think anything of it. They aren't supposed to... breed." He was becoming more and more uncomfortable with every word.

A long pause as he gathered his thoughts, watched Silennia, and looked around almost to see if anyone else was watching. "She was a Valkyrie," he breathed.

Irreversible. Something that both Keiran and Damien knew well. Perhaps even Adriel. The angel's absence beginning to become more and more unnerving... a absence most likely brought on by the incident from yesterday. If anyone knew just how vulnerable a succubus could be while in a craze, it was him.

The angel was notorious for his interest in the more sexual deviants of the underworld... until he met Vermina, of course. The only one strong enough to force the angel under her spell. The only one who had ever succeeded in trapping him long enough to feed from him as she pleased. She was a prime example of a succubus who had allowed herself to fall into madness... addicted to Adriel's power. Hungering for it even when he was long gone. For hundreds of years, the pair of them quarreling. Adriel having more or less marked the downfall of her reign of terror in the mortal realm as her thoughts had become consumed with the fallen angel.

Even bearing a single child with him.

Mina.

Leaning back just slightly, Keiran frowned a bit as Damien continued talking. Making a suggestion that hadn't even occurred to him. His eyes widening just a little, "You don't think he's targeted-" Keiran couldn't even finish the sentence. She was certainly unique, a child born between a demon and a angel. Granted, Adriel was tainted beyond measure, not even a ounce of light remaining within him. Demons and their wicked ways and manipulation having crushed any purity left in him long ago through his dealings with them.

But there was still the simple fact that remained.

Adriel was still, within all rights, a angel. Tainted or not.

Keiran slipping into troubled silence. Not elaborating the details of the event, yet, it was still fresh in his mind whether he liked it or not.

Amber hues shifting from the table and back to Damien as finally, he moved on to discuss the rest of what was going on. The incubus blinking a bit, "Valkyrie?" He echoed the word. As if to be sure he heard him correctly.

"Is that.... possible?"

Though his words held disbelief, there was a small part of him that seemed to accept it. It... just seemed to make sense. He knew the legends well, despite having never crossed one in person... until now, he'd brushed them off as myths.

He should have known better.

Damien shifted uncomfortably. To mention them was a great sin to their kind, and although Leghadema owed him one debt, that wouldn't stop her from coming back just to remind him how well-hidden they needed to stay. And for very good reason. "Wings," he said softly, and nodded toward Silennia. "The Princes of Hell have them. Valkyrie have them. A child has never been bore between the two races. Then again, Abigor kept his child very-well hidden. She could be anything. The sad fact of the matter is, only he and her mother know for sure." And that is what's going to kill her, he thought silently. "If she doesn't survive, there's a very high chance that he did in fact target Mina for a similar reason. Even as Silennia was growing, I have no doubt he was trying to produce children with other beings, just to see if it would work." If he had, none of them had lived.

Silennia muttered something, none of it making any sense. "Because she's going through this change, things will be different. Her metabolism will speed up greatly. I guarantee you that within an hour or two she'll be completely sober. Another hour and her headache will be gone. No normal girl can drink that amount of whiskey--" he pointed at the bottle which was over half-empty now. "And still be awake." He wanted to address Keiran now, but felt as though the incubus wouldn't be comfortable with him doing so. After a few moments of debating with himself, he decided it was for the better. "If you try and..." he looked pointedly at Silennia, "well, if you try, and she doesn't want to, you're in danger."

Doesn't want to seemed to be the exact opposite of the case, with the way she was acting now. Still pressing an occasional kiss against Keiran's throat.

"You know you're endangering both yourself and her if you stay like this." With that, he turned around and raised his voice. "Mina! Are you done yet? Christ, how many bodies do you have in there?" Dark hues sliding back to Keiran, wondering just what the incubus had planned. "There's no more I need from either of you," he stated. "You're free to go whenever you'd like."

Keiran actually started laughing at the last bit, still slowly taking in what he had learned. It was rather upsetting for the most part, but Silennia was practically trying to undress him right there, carefully unhooking wandering fingers from the edge of his pants, "God forbid I make her do something she doesn't want to." He commented with faint amusement. Thus far, he had been rather... respectful of her, considering his nature. Putting off his feeding simply because he'd become enamored with her.

His gaze now trailing towards Mina, who, had finally come back in once more, walking towards them, "That was the last one, I assure you." She huffed, crossing her arms, smirking a bit. Feeding had done wonders for her, her skin practically glowing with health, red hair more vibrant that ever. Keiran glancing towards Damien as his half-sibling approached, "I think we will... take our leave, then." He commented, shifting a bit and lifting the drunken girl into his arms as he stood up.

"Leaving so soon?" Mina lifted a brow towards her brother, completely oblivious to the fact she was very possibly in danger. The last clear memory the succubus had was of Kaleb driving a blade up under her ribs, and it set rather bitterly with her. Even Adriel forgotten in the scenario, the girl having been too far gone by time he had arrived to properly retain the memory. A two day gap being present in her personal time line.

Keiran already heading for the door, simply commenting to Mina, "I have no reason to linger."

Watching him slip out the door, she shifted her gaze towards Damien, "Are you leaving too?" She questioned, lifting a brow with a devilish smile dancing on her lips, "I would love some company, you know."

Damien looked quite amused at the two in front of him, but held back from saying so. Only nodding when Keiran decided to take Silennia to leave. That left Mina, causing the demon to sigh and sit back. "The company of those poor men wasn't enough? Humans. Such funny things." He stood and began walking away from the succubus, needing in his office now that it was cleared out. "Mina," he called, "it smells disgusting in here. Honestly." The last word was more of a defeated sigh than anything. He'd have to call someone in and clean the place, not wanting to touch... well, anything. He pulled a folder from a filing cabinet and took it back out of the office, throwing her a frustrated look.

As the alcohol began to run the length of its course, Silennia calmed down considerably. Actually falling asleep in Keiran's arms as he carried her, only to wake about halfway back to her apartment.

"I can walk on my own," she growled, and struggled until her feet touched the ground. Still using him to stand straight until she found her bearings. "Just... hold on." Her words were muttered now; muffled as she buried her face against Keiran's chest. "Give the world a minute to stop spinning." The girl sighed and stood there comfortably, kept warm by Keiran's arms. No real memory of what happened the past hour or so, as now the severe migraine that came during sobering up was pounding against her skull.

"I don't want to go home," she said finally. Sapphire eyes peered up at golden ones. Korina was there. Raoul was there. The apartment was a mess. She didn't want to face the reality of what happened the past few days. No, she wanted to escape away from it and pretend as if it hadn't happened. It was selfish, and possibly even childish; but she couldn't bear to step foot back into her apartment yet. For the first time that she allowed Keiran to see, she seemed her age. Young, wanting to run away from her responsibilities. Feeling reckless and regretting it soon after.

With the alcohol beginning to wear off, the numbness in her back and shoulders went with it.

"It could smell much worse, you know." Mina had tagged along behind him, holding her hands behind her back, "A girl has to eat. Quite frankly, after nearly dying, it gave me some things to think about. Really changes your outlook when something like that happens." Smirking at the frustration upon his face, "Though, I will admit, I did get a little bit out of hand."

Pushing her hair back behind her ear, Mina glanced curiously at the folder he had retrieved, "What's that for...? Or is that confidential?"

Pestering him simply for the fun of it, mostly. Perhaps even a sub-conscious form of revenge for their few exchanges with one another the first few nights she had been here. In fact, had Damien not delayed her, there was a good chance that she would have already moved on down the road- with, or without Keiran.

However, things had changed.

She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she knew she had unfinished business.

-------------------------------

Sure enough, as Damien had predicted, Silennia came too half-way through the walk back to the apartment, Keiran fighting with her for only a moment before he sighed, setting her down on her feet, "Fine." He huffed, steadying her. Unable to stay irritated with her as a amused smile tugged at the edge of his lips at her words, "That's what happens when you drink half a bottle of whiskey straight in a matter of a couple of minutes. Actually, most people would be in the hospital for alcohol poisoning, so I guess being slightly dizzy isn't quite so bad." His tone teasing.

Though, as she met his gaze, gold-tinted hues softened slightly at her words, "Then why don't we skip town? Just you and me. Anywhere you want to go." It was abrupt, but the look on his face was entirely serious. Money wasn't a issue. He'd had hundreds of years to collect a handsome fortune for himself, despite the way he lived.

Mina had Adriel to watch over her. Shiori could take care of herself, and anyone else wasn't important enough to Keiran for him to even worry about.

Damien had sat down and opened up the folder, only chuckling at Mina. "Your brother seems to have taken quite a liking to Silennia." Mostly ignoring her teasing. After just getting back and discovering how much had happened, he wasn't in the mood to be played with. "This is for her, mostly. We're trying to figure out what she is." He went through the pages. There were pictures of her, drawings of mutilated-looking offspring that had come before her, and then -- before Damien realized it -- a beautiful drawing of Abigor himself.

The demon was tall and regal. He sported attire that French royals wore during the revolution. Black eyes glittering off of the page. Quickly, Damien flipped the paper over on top of the others; acting as if it were just another piece. He had no idea how badly Abigor had affected Mina, and wasn't about to push his luck with her so strong in the room.

------------------

Silennia thought back. Had she really drank that much? Trying to remember made her headache worse, so she stopped. The next words startled her, and she looked for the humor in his eyes. Almost yearned for it. But it wasn't there. No, Keiran was entirely serious.

She had never run away from anything in her life. Never left just for the hell of it. There was Korina to think about, but right now, even her friend didn't matter. "Where would we go?" The question was soft and quiet, but she was trying to entertain the idea of simply... going away. She had no family anywhere outside of her father and her friend. Had never left the state, or even seen what's in the others. Not to mention, other countries. It seemed impossible, but part of her craved the idea of getting the hell away from this chaos. Silennia leaned up, perching on her toes to give Keiran a long kiss. So much to think about. Everything was plausible, yet nothing seemed possible.

Coming to stand just behind Damien when he had sat down, Mina laughed softly, "Taking 'a liking' isn't the term for it. I've never seen my baby brother so... enamored with anything before. It's almost cute." Peering over the others shoulder with that ever-lingering curiosity at the drawings as Damien flipped through them. Some of them being rather.... gruesome. Until abruptly, a drawing of a rather beautiful man showed itself. Unaware that her fingers had clenched down tightly into Damien's shoulder.

Why...? Why was that figure so familiar?

Shuddering as she let go, "Sorry..." She breathed, realizing that her nails had dug in deep enough to nearly cut into skin through the fabric of Damien's shoulder, the drawing being flipped over into the pile and disappearing from sight. The red head sitting down as she lowered her face into her hands, "I don't... know what's wrong with me."

Inhaling slowly to calm herself, her pulse having picked up a few paces. Lifting her head once more, crimson hues flecked with black for just a moment before they vanished into those blood-colored pools, "I feel sick."

Her voice came as a whisper, any humor having taken to her vanishing at this point.

-----------------------------------------------

"Anywhere but here. Just for a day or two." Getting away from here seemed like a good idea. They both needed time to clear their heads, not to mention, the entire situation surrounding Silennia looked grim. Damien's information only serving to trouble the incubus. How could he possibly help her against a creature like Abigor? There was no one-

Vermina.

The name seemed to burn it's way into his thoughts. "... we can go visit my mother. She lives out east. It'll be a nice change in scenery." Vermina would have some form of idea, surely. The succubus was ancient. A mother of many. Her children scattered across both the mortal realm and in the demon realm. If she could trap Adriel against his will for hundreds of years at a time, then surely she would know something that could keep Abigor at bay.

It was a foolish line of reasoning, but even if she couldn't help, the succubus was knowledgeable.

Damien flinched at Mina's grasp against his shoulder, attempting to pull away. She realized what she had done, though, and before he could properly react, she was moving away from him to sit down. He almost felt bad for her, looking like this. Abigor was not to be trifled with. Once he set his sights on something, there really was no stopping him -- in fact, Damien was surprised that the demon wasn't here now, trying to get into Mina's head even further. At the same time, Silennia was still very much alive. There was no need for him to pursue Mina, unless he simply wanted a fun new project out of the succubus. Anything was possible.

He stood without saying anything, and came back with a chocolate bar and glass of water; smiling as he sat across from her. "All of that feeding ought to exhaust you. It would make anyone sick. Why don't you eat a bit and lay down?" He had no reason to be kind to her, but at this point, he almost pitied her. Mina, of all creatures. He nodded his head toward his office. "You can stay here. Use the couch in there. Just..." he closed his eyes and shook his head. "Don't bring anymore men in there. It's going to take a bleach bomb to get half of that out as it is." He wouldn't open the folder until she had stepped away.

-----------------

A day or two. That wasn't long enough, but she didn't say that out loud. At the same time she didn't want to spend weeks away, either. "Okay." It was all Silennia said at first, just standing there with her fingers hooked into his belt loops; staying close in the chilly weather. In all of it, she wanted it to be more or less a surprise. She didn't want to know where they were going -- she just wanted to go. "I'll text Korina. Tell her that I'll be gone for a little while."

It had taken her a few minutes, but she decided that she didn't want to go inside even to pack. The entire point was so that she could get away. Both of them. And in her eyes, the sooner the better. Planting another kiss against Keiran's lips, she pressed her forehead to his chest shortly after. Yet through it all she didn't realize his true reasoning behind going and visiting. Had no idea that his mother was a powerful succubus; that he himself was an incubus. A hungry one. If she'd known, she would cease the teasing kisses, the brushes against his skin with her fingertips. But it was all new to her, and no one was filling her in. All she knew was that a powerful demon seemed to be her father, and now, she might die because of it.

It was a pleasant reason to leave the city she was so familiar with.

Mina wanted to ask him who that man in the drawing had been... but a small part of her was afraid to. He'd been so familiar to her, yet, a complete stranger. Barely noticing when Damien got up and walked away. Not expecting him to return, offering her chocolate and water, "Thanks..."

A kind gesture she hadn't anticipated from him.

Absently tearing the paper off of the chocolate bar and nibbling a piece off as he spoke, suggesting for her to lay down and get some rest, shaking her head absently, "No... that can't be... the reason..." Trailing off. Sounding distracted. Feeding had never left her feeling like this. It had been centuries since her self control had been so... fragile. No, she hadn't felt this on the edge since the moment her body had first matured into what she was now.

Managing a chuckle at his comment about not bringing anymore men into his office, "Oh, come now it's not that repulsive." She commented, glad though for the bit of light humor. It gave her something else to focus on. Taking another bite of the chocolate bar, she washed it down, finally sighing as she stood.

Sleep sounded good at the moment, and after excusing herself, she slipped from sight back into the office. Shutting the door behind her. Stretching out on the couch. Laying on her back as she stared up at the ceiling. She knew something was wrong... but she couldn't put her finger on it. Crimson hues eventually slipping shut as she fell into a troubled sleep.

--------------------------

Keiran had nodded to Silennia, letting her do whatever she needed to, making a quick phone call on his cell in the meantime to Shiori to let the woman know what was going on, and then, after some briefly exchanged words, hung up. A hour later, after a few arrangements, they were safely on a plane on their way to Germany.

It had been quite some time since he'd last seen his mother, and honestly, Keiran had no earthly idea whether or not she even still lived there. Hoping desperately that she hadn't moved on somewhere else. Voicing none of his concerns to Silennia. It was a wonder he had even managed to convince her to jump onto a plane and fly half-way across the world for a 'one or two day' trip. Realistically, Keiran knew that it was going to take longer most likely, but he had a feeling the woman next to him was in no hurry to rush back.

Settling in his seat as he closed his eyes. It would be a good while before the plane touched down, and at this point, Keiran needed to conserve what energy he had.

Silennia was quiet and compliant with whatever Keiran did. She figured he knew the necessary steps to go through traveling, and the thought of going to Germany of all places was exhilarating. It didn't take long, getting her a passport and boarding the giant metal machine. She felt as if she were in a sort of shock. Things like this typically took days -- sometimes weeks, of planning. Yet here they were, halfway across the ocean already.

It would be helpful if she knew any German whatsoever, but the sad truth was that she didn't. Not a single word. Trusting Keiran with her life at this point, and feeling more sickly as the hours passed. Eventually, she fell asleep next to him. With boarding and landing it was nearly a thirteen hour flight, but the passengers on the plane all seemed weary and not much for talking. Good. She snagged a window seat so that she could stay away from as many people as possible.

After a few hours, Silennia woke with a long yawn. It was night, and her stomach was roaring at her once again; asking a flight attendant for something to eat. It was around the time for dinner to be served to those who wanted it, which ended up being a chicken breast, rice, a Hawaiian bun, peas, and fruit. Faintly, Silennia remembered Damien mentioning how she would be hungrier often. A higher metabolism. The words were hazy as she tried to think back on them. Within no time, she'd finished and asked for several cups of fruit, and finally looked at Keiran guiltily. "I'm starving," she muttered.

The flight attendants looked at her rather strangely, but didn't openly complain. Silennia was not heavy. As a matter of fact, it seemed as if her already smallish figure was losing weight every day. A product, no doubt, of her going through the strange change that nobody seemed to know anything about. After eating, she slept once more; only waking when one of the pilots announced that they were landing within a half hour.

By that time, she was finally beginning to feel nervous. Her fingers curling around a part of Keiran's shirt to the point that her skin turned white over her knuckles. Fear finally beginning to sink in that she was no longer home; that she would have no idea what to expect from being in this foreign place. In another hour, they were both off of the plane. She stayed next to Keiran as if she were physically attached to him, feeling paranoid of everyone. Her eyes sliding into various shades of blues and purples, but never being tinged with red as she wasn't angry. Just... terrified.

------------------

Damien waited for Mina to sleep, and even then, he didn't open the file for a long while. Once he did, he began laying different papers out on the table in front of him. Drawings of Abigor, notes on Valkyries, symptoms that Silennia was having, and even the reason for the demon spawns' premature deaths at such young ages. It was several hours until he began to see a pattern to the deaths. The demon came out so suddenly, so harshly, within the children that it literally tore them apart from the inside out. Their blood boiled within their veins, and they began killing anything in sight. If they weren't hunted down and killed, the sickness would kill them -- similar to how rabies worked in most animals.

It wasn't news to him, however.

What was news, was a young boy not starting his change until after he hit puberty. Just over fifteen years old. He showed the same signs of change as Silennia, but harsher. Where Silennia had bruises, he had flesh ripping up from his body. Bone-like structures protruded out from his back and took the shape of skeletal bat wings. His mother had died during his birth; nurses saying that he clawed his way out of her womb. After years with no violence from the child after his birth, it was decided that witnesses had just exaggerated when it came to his mother's demise. The records stopped after the strange wings began to take shape.

Another dead end, it seemed. Damien glanced at his wrist, which told him it had been nine hours since he'd began trying to figure out the connections between all of the children. It was infuriating, the way the information just stopped.

Keiran slept through most of the flight, occasionally waking to check on Silennia or to check the time, and then promptly snoozing off. As if he was simply exhausted. When the plane finally touched down, he handled everything, speaking to the locals in surprisingly fluent German, arranging for a vehicle. Keeping Silennia close to him, his arm protectively around her waist.

Usually, where he would have come off as charming, people seemed to be unnerved by him now that he was in the condition he was in. Quick to get Keiran out of the airport and on his way to where ever he and his beautiful companion were heading.

When finally, they were on their way to where they were going, Keiran glanced over briefly towards Silennia, smiling a little as he turned his eyes back to the road, "It'll be fine. You did considerably well at the airport. Once we get to where my mother lives, you won't have to worry about dealing with so many... people."

It was a hour long drive before finally, they reached their destination.

Pulling into the driveway at a manor that set off from any of the major cities, cutting the engine. From the looks of the place, it seemed a bit neglected, and a sinking sensation filled Keiran's stomach, "It's... been a long time since I've been home." He commented softly, glancing towards Silennia, "Come on. Let's... see if she's here." Opening the door, he climbed out, walking around to let Silennia out.

This place had been magnificent in it's time, but with the lack of care, nature had begun to take over once more. A raven perched on top of a statue of a stone angel that was centered in the middle of what seemed to have once been a garden letting out a loud angry caw towards Keiran before flying off. Several more following it as they swoops out of the trees and out of sight.

The silvernette approaching the double doors as he walked up the stairs, banging his fist against the door.

At first, there was nothing but silence.

Then, slowly, a click sounded. The heavy doors swinging inwards, candles flickering to life seemingly on their own. Making Keiran nearly sigh in relief. Beckoning Silennia to follow, his arm coiling around her waist as he stepped inside, looking around. The inside almost as neglected as the outside, "Mother...?" He called, his voice echoing off the walls and high ceiling of the massive main hall. A slender figure appearing just at the top of the steps, dressed in a black dress with long billowy sleeves that were decorated with gold thread, her long black hair hanging freely, "Keiran...? What a... unexpected surprise. What's brought you all the way here....?"

Vermina smiled, making her way down the stairs as her arms opened wide, "My son!" She exclaimed, laughing joyfully as she wrapped him into his arms, hugging him tightly before releasing him, "And you've brought a girl home?" Only now did she turn her gaze towards Silennia. Strange violet hues assessing her for a moment, dark-painted lips twisting into a smile, "Aren't you going to introduce her?"

Silennia stayed silent nearly the entire trip from the plane to the manor. She felt nervous and excited; a complicated array of emotions coursing through her like a deadly poison. She smiled at Keiran when he addressed her one way or another, but that was really it. Taking in the scene of the manor and feeling dread tingle up her spine. She was noticing just how sickly Keiran was becoming, and although she wanted to question him about it, now certainly wasn't the time.

She knew. The moment she laid eyes on Vermina, she knew she was in danger. An overwhelming sensation to defend herself and get as far away as the woman as possible nearly drowned her to the point that she couldn't breathe; fingernails digging into Keiran's arm as she forced herself to stand there. When Vermina wrapped her arms around Keiran, a deadly look entered the girl's eyes and she stepped away, looking stiff and uncomfortable.

"Pleasure." The word was forced from her lips as they formed into a thin line; an attempted smile. Her heart racing and beating frantically. Slowly, so gradually that it could almost go unnoticed, her eyes began to change. From sapphire to a deep crimson. The demon in her blood recognizing that she needed to stay alert and move quickly if necessary. Anything pleasant that once lingered in Silennia's mind was now gone as her sight darted around the place, taking in the scenery. All thoughts of questioning as to why Keiran was so sickly -- disappeared. An obvious look of restraint and control at her posture.

What an annoyance. Since Adriel's escape, Vermina had been preparing to hunt him down. Neglecting her trip only because she had needed to recover. The angel had done a number on her, left her beaten and broken in the basement of that abandoned hospital... and she'd come crawling back here. Never did she dream that Keiran would come showing up. With a pest by his side, no doubt.

Not failing to see her son's rapidly deteriorating health. Sensing that there was much more to this surprise visit than what had been spoken yet. Keiran wouldn't have come here for any other reason, after all.

Playing along only for his sake, that smile remaining in place even as crimson bloomed in Silennia's gaze. At least there was a common ground between the two of them, Keiran introducing Silennia, though, Vermina barely heard. Violet burning into crimson, "How wonderful to meet you, Silennia." Turning away, "Please, do make yourselves at home. Had you called before hand, Keiran," She glanced back over her shoulder towards him, "Then I would have had this place cleaned up a bit. You know how I hate unexpected guests."

With that, she walked off, leaving the two still standing in the main hall.

Keiran pulling Silennia towards the side and down a hallway, having most certainly sensed the tension. He would have to speak with Vermina on a more personal level later after Silennia was attended to, "This was my childhood home." He remarked off-handedly, seeking to distract the girl from whatever violence had taken to her thoughts, pausing as he stopped in front of a door, pushing it open.

It was still exactly as he remembered. A bit dusty, but unchanged. Heavy red drapes covering the windows. Stepping inside, he walked across the room, pulling them open to let light spill in, a cloud of dust falling free. He would definitely have to clean a bit before settling down to sleep any time soon. Across the room from him was a large king-size bed, bed hangings dyed the same color as the curtains. There wasn't much inside, most of Keiran's belongings long gone at this point, but a few trinkets remained from the time he had lived here. Old dusty books lined on a bookshelf, some of them dating back three to four hundred years old, had Silennia looked through them. Luckily, the manor hadn't been neglected quite THAT long.

"I'll... get this cleaned up before it comes time to sleep." He muttered, seeming disgusted at how Vermina had let the place fall into such a state.

The raven-haired girl watched Vermina's every step; every movement of muscle beneath her flesh. Their eyes meeting, and clashing violently. An unspoken hate between the two already. Silennia had never felt such rage toward another being in her entire life; such an urge to rip her fingertips into the soft flesh of her throat, slowly cutting sideways to feel warm crimson oozing down--

Her own thoughts startled her, and she shivered against Keiran. Greatful for his attempted distraction. She hadn't a single doubt that he sensed the immediate tension, but she wasn't going to address it. Pale lips parted as she exhaled. Relief flooded through her, the further away from Vermina she got. It was out of pure respect that she wasn't saying anything negative about the other woman. Her suspicions of Kerian not being a mere mortal confirmed upon looking into those dangerous violet eyes.

"Actually," Silennia said abruptly, "I can clean up here. It'll give me something to do." Another forced smile, but less so now that only Keiran was in her presence. "You said it had been a while since you've seen your mother. Why not go and talk to her?" Small waves of dust floated around, some in clouds, with any movement within the room. The large bed looked more than comfortable, but not with the amount of particles in the air practically suffocating both of them. She turned and wrapped her arms around the back of Keiran's neck, moving closer to him to where her hips were pushed against his own. "Please?"

She didn't like the anger and violence that steadily built up inside of her. Even more, she hated how Keiran seemed to be the only one able to subside it, just by being close. Yet now, he didn't matter; Vermina bothering Silennia more than she could have thought possible. It was difficult to be able to put on that smile for Keiran, and eventually she knew that she wouldn't be able to, but she was also still new in the house; passing it off on nerves. Slowly and steadily as crimson peered into gold, that irate red color bled back into a blue that closely resembled sapphire.

"... are you sure...?" Keiran looked towards her, uncertain, until finally, sighing, "Alright, alright. You can clean up if you want to." He grimaced, wiping a line of dust off of the desk that sat in the corner, nearly appalled by how much dust had collected there over the years. How long had it been since he had last been here? Fifty years...? A hundred...? He couldn't quite recall, but it showed. Hesitating by the door as he cast a final uncertain glance towards Silennia. Finally leaving her in the room alone as he headed down the hall. Searching for where Vermina had gone. Finding her clear on the other side of the manor, in what had once served as a dining hall back when the servants still lived here, "Mother...?"

Violet hues shifted towards him, clashing with gold, and the demoness offered him a smile, "My son, you've always had a way of getting yourself into things way over your head, but I do believe you have out done yourself this time..." Shaking her head slowly, "This is about that girl in there, isn't it?"

Vermina knew better than to ever believe for a second that the boy had come all this way just to visit her, and her expression hardened as the expression upon his face confirmed her suspicions, "Let that one go, Keiran. Everyone with half a brain knows that all of Abigor's children die."

A chill ran down Keiran's spine, his gaze narrowing towards her, "No." It was a blunt reply, shaking his head, "I won't accept that."

"Then you're a fool."

It hadn't been the first time he'd been called a fool, but it was the first time he'd heard it spoken from his own mother's lips. His hand tightening into a fist at his side in frustration. So this had all been a waste of time? He stood there in silence, glaring towards her at her cold words. He had come all of this way just to hear this from her? To receive not even a moment of consideration from her?

"So you want me to just stand aside and let her die?"

"That's the idea, my boy." Violet hues had turned towards the window, "Whatever you choose to do is up to you... but I cannot help you. Abigor is out of my league. While it's flattering you think so highly of me, it's a simple, cold hard truth. Do you think I've lived so long by challenging demons like that? Only a person with a death threat would make such careless choices."

"If Silennia dies, then... that leaves Mina in danger."

The succubus busted out into laughter, "OH?" Turning those cold eyes towards him, "Little bitch bite off more than she can chew, did she?" A almost gleeful gleam having taken to her face as she sneered, "I could care even less about what happens to that feathered whore."

Silennia stood in the same spot after Keiran left, allowing herself to relax before turning around and surveying the room once more. "What a mess," she sighed. In just a few minutes, everything had been stripped down. She found a bathroom that was connected to Keiran's room, and turned the faucet on. A low roar sounding through the pipes, but no water. "What..?"

She placed her hand under the faucet, tapping it a bit, and muddy water spat out; covering her front. "Oh," she snapped. "Fantastic." She turned around and stepped out of the bathroom, which, for the most part, was relatively clean. Mostly likely since the door had been shut; sealed off from anything that would allow dust to get in. While she waited for the water to hopefully run clear, she stripped the bed and curtains; piling it all onto the floor. By the time she got back into the bathroom, the water was clear. She let it pour into her hands, splashing it onto her face and neck. Just now realizing that it was rather cold in the room.

Upon further inspection, she discovered just how beautifully intricate the room was, though she didn't dare venture outside of it. Not with Vermina lurking about, and certainly not with how unpredictable Silennia herself was being lately. A fireplace adorned the wall opposite the bed; a metal grate covering it. There was a metal stand next to it, holding the various tools that were needed to keep a fireplace going. However there wasn't any usable wood, and the front of Silennia's shirt was soaked. Instead of bothering with the fireplace, she went through the room rather nosily; opening up a closet and giggling quietly to herself at the style of clothing within it. Surely this couldn't be all Keiran's?

She didn't bother looking around before pulling her shirt off and tossing it to the side; tugging on one of the shirts from the closet and shivering. Even more determined to clean up so that she could warm up from moving around. It was daylight here, but it seemed that the light was fading fast into the evening. She was all sorts of confused with the time change, but used the light while it lasted. Testing bulbs by pulling on strings, glaring at the ones that flickered out, and clapping her hands like a child when a few stayed on. In less than thirty minutes the entire room was stripped of any old linen, and most of it was wiped down with a damp cloth. She stood on anything she was able to, going as far as wiping down the walls with her shirt pulled up slightly to cover her nose and mouth; squinting at the dust.

She turned, standing on a tall chair, and examined the room before her. It was completely changed. Dust no longer wafted about in suffocating clouds, but slowly drifted toward the floor. She was sweating slightly from the exertion. She'd found tightly-wrapped bundles of sheets and blankets, and made up the bed. Feeling rather proud of herself at how much she'd gotten done. However now, the sun was mostly gone out of sight. Low-watt light bulbs being her only source of light, but her eyes had adjusted miraculously well.

The room was officially... clean. It didn't even look like the same room that she had stepped in-- how long ago? But the lighting wasn't that good. She stumbled; slipping off of the chair she was standing on and screeching, flailing about to find something to hold on to. Her fingers found a picture frame just before she crashed onto the floor, coughing and gasping for air as it was knocked brutally from her chest. She stayed sprawled there for several minutes, yet... still clutching the frame. Not looking at it, but holding it against her chest as if it were her life-force to keep breathing. Almost laughing at how foolish she'd been.

Vermina's words shocked him. Not even a ounce of concern coming from the woman for the daughter in question. She seemed glad for the news, watching Keiran as he took a step back. Rapidly regretting his decision to come here. Shaking his head slowly in disgust, "I can see this was a mistake." He hissed lowly, turning on his heel to walk away, but before he could exit the room, dark shadows rose up from the floor, slamming the door shut before him, "Don't walk away from me boy. I'm not don't speaking yet."

Craning his head back over his shoulder, spitting out towards her, "Then speak."

"Bed the girl, if you want to help her, Keiran." Vermina had met his gaze, pointing her index finger towards him sternly, "That's the only thing you can do for her right now. If you truly want to 'save' her. Besides, you're wasting away. At this rate, your body will crumble into nothing. A death most agonizing, I've heard. I wouldn't wish that sort of fate upon any of my own, not even Mina, as much as I despise the girl."

With that, the doors swung open once more, "Now, you may go."

Without another look at her, Keiran stormed out of the room. Heading back to check on Silennia. Having spent quite a bit of time arguing with Vermina. On the other side of the house, a crash sounded. Making his heart jump just slightly. Running the rest of the way as he turned down the hallway and threw the door open to his room, "Silennia?!" Taking the scene in, he relaxed a bit to see that she had merely fallen, sighing in tired relief as he walked towards her, "Are you alright?" Reaching out to her to help her up, golden hues falling onto the picture frame that she clutched to her chest.

That-

His eyes widened slightly at seeing it, having forgotten it until now. About to reach for it before Silennia could take a look at the contents in the frame, but it was a bit too late.

Back
Top Bottom