Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shimmy Shimmy. (Everyday musings...witty banter always welcome)

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oh really? Well come on now post man! Don’t you want to try and best the Malicious Mali??? xP

I can’t ever talk in riddles. I can attempt it for maybe role plays posts like the one I just did but otherwise, no not really…I can’t even rhyme!

Oh…I had no idea. So if they didn’t want to lop their heads off but send them far far away, they sent them to Australia? So your dad and mom come from a lineage of ‘criminals?’ That is so cool!!

Probably terrify my partners and make everyone ostracize me because I write a fucking novel xP

Nope, because I'm not Malicious, just Quixotic.

I always make random connections, and my brain jumps for A to J with stopping at any of the letters in-between, so sometimes I say things which appear completely unrelated to the conversation which has gone before, or that make people go 'wtf?'. But I can guarantee you, there is always some connection!

Exactly, many of them impoverished people, for stealing food so they wouldn't starve to death. I think it's where our anti-authoritarian culture stemmed from. Yep; never would have taken me as a criminal, huh? xD

Then that means I could keep you all to myself!

So does that mean you don’t really have a post to post?

Just another day in the discombobulated world of Mr Quixotic, eh? Fortunately for you, I understand you. Most of the time xP
I like that word by the way; discombobulated.

Interesting. Actually, I could. It certainly does explain a lot about you now xP

Oh noes xP

Malicious Lullaby said:
So does that mean you don’t really have a post to post?

Just another day in the discombobulated world of Mr Quixotic, eh? Fortunately for you, I understand you. Most of the time xP
I like that word by the way; discombobulated.

Interesting. Actually, I could. It certainly does explain a lot about you now xP

Oh noes xP

No, only one next-day post from me a year, Mali, xD

Yep, it's an interesting place to live; you should come visit sometime!
I know, how weird! That is a pretty cool word, can't say I use it much in general conversation.

Especially why I'm typing this from the Jail Library!

Oh yes!

I apologize to four of my partners; Mr. Quixotic, Korax, Velasterian Saint and Victorian_Virtue. I haven’t responded in a while and I am sorry for that. It’s not that I don’t want to. I do. I am guilty of currently having my muse being sucked up by friend. So…if you want to blame someone, blame her xP

No, but seriously, you all should see responses hopefully Sunday night/Monday morning since you all know that Mali loves to stay up so late/early!

And rather then send you all private messages, I am publically posting this so you all can lap in my for shame of being such a bad, bad, dirty, grubbing role play partner <3

Damn Mali, I've been waiting for like forever, you bad, bad, dirty, grubbing, roleplay partner! That's just the way I like you, xD

For you, Mali, I'd wait for eternity.

I may have to have to a talk with this friend of yours, though!

Wrote up a post for a role play that I hope my partner will relish is well worth the nearly full week wait. I thought it was pretty good. It's always exciting when a lady fights back with all her might, especially when she isn't a properly trained knight.

From Peasant to Hero (with DudeMeister)

Her cheeks turned red and she looked at him with this look in her eyes that screamed for him to say the one other thing she hoped he might feel. Alas, it didn’t come and soon after giving her such a rich compliment, he departed her side with a bow and returned up to his post. Elarinya stuck her head out of the window of the carriage to watch him ride up. She still smiled and sat back in her seat, facing forward. Touching her cheek, she felt the warmth the rosy blush left and it only made her blush harder and actually smile. The feeling felt so foreign to her face but she welcomed it anyways. Leave it to Ulric to make her smile in a way she hadn’t in so long.

The ride was long and she dozed off plenty of times, her head resting on the steady wall of the carriage. Only as they entered onto the bumpy terrain, a sign of entering the heavily canopied and darkened forest, did she truly jostle awake. She sat up and matted her hair down a little bit, brushing her bangs out of her face. They were in the forest now, she could not fall asleep. There was a sense of doubt and anxiety that prickled her scalp. She had an uneasy feeling about something. That’s what the forests made her feel. They were beautiful to look at from a distance but never to wander through. That feeling grew more poignant.

The carriage stopped for a moment and she poked her head out of the carriage to find out why. It was only when Ulric rode up to her side, he explained what happened. The three men he sent up ahead a while ago to scout the area clear were no longer among the living. Danger. She was right in feeling that unease the moment they had entered the forest. Her heart basically started to hammer in her chest but it became even more as the full on ambush transpired. The events happened so quick, too quick. She wondered if it was planned or this was simply the work of thieves who did this for a living, always waiting and scouting for a possibility like this.

Not too long after, an actual fight ensued. She ducked down in the carriage in the space between the facing seats as she heard gushing sounds of blood being spilled, the metal clang of swords and groans of pain and agony as last breaths were breathed before the death of the fallen as well as the scent of spilled blood filled her senses and nostrils. It was repugnant and she covered her mouth, her eyes quelling with tears. She had felt terror before when she thought she may be mauled to death by wolves but it was so long ago, she had long since forgotten it. This was different. Wolves were one thing but against a band of humans, they would flee. This was human against human and more than her life, she worried for Ulric’s and his fleet.

The sound of something embedding into her carriage startled her and she sat up. She could feel the heat already of the fire on the carriage. Quickly, she was pulled out of the carriage before she could have hollered for help and placed on Ulric’s horse. He gave her steadfast orders that she knew to heed but she didn’t want to leave him. “Ulric.” She whispered his name in fright. Nothing more, with one swat to the rear, the horse took off. She was given an easy and clear path and kept her head ducked low as she held onto the reins, urging the horse faster. Tears flowed freely down her cheeks but she did her best to steer herself capable and fully competent to ride herself out of the forest.

Elarinya could see the clearing and the light reflected at the end of the forest. She was almost out when all of a sudden, a man on a swinging rope or vine jumped into her side and knocked her and Ulric’s horse down. She fell off to the side, away from the crushing blow of the fallen horse and struggled to make herself fall. She was shaking and her cheeks were stained with dried tears. The moment she did stand and turn to face her assailant, she was met with the tip of a blade at her neck.

“A fine lass you are.” His voice was thickly accented and there was a sneer in it to match the one on his face. A sneer that quickly turned into a leer as he took in her state of dress. Yes, the dress was modest and accentuated her figure but like all dresses of this time, the corset pushed up her chest and made for quite the tantalizing décolletage that was currently as she breathed rapidly through her nose. Her hands were held up beside her in a sign of easy and quick surrender. “It’d be a pity to waste your noble blood. I reckon we could fetch a hefty price for you. What they don’t know won’t hurt your price, we can still enjoy you.”

Over his shoulder, she saw the fallen horse. He was still alive but unable to stand yet. In one of the side bags attached to the saddle, she saw the glimmering hilt of what she hoped was a blade. If she could get to it…

The man lunged and Elarinya moved quickly to the right, deflecting him, which caused him to fall. She hurried to the horse and grabbed the hilt that stuck out of the saddle bag and turned, drawing a smaller sized sword, nearing the size of a dagger and wielding it before her to her assailant.
“Now we can be on equal terms if you are to subject me to debasement, Knave.” She hissed.

He cackled, a haunting sound that made the invisible hairs on the back of her neck stand up straight and tall. Standing, he held his sword out weakly toward her, not serious and definitely not finding her a threat. “You must be daft, lass. How can you possibly be on equal terms with me? You’re a lady. Do you know what I am?”

“A fool. What else?” She said it like it was obvious. “You place your misfortune in my hands for you seriously underestimate me.” He cackled again and without another word spoken more, he lunged for her. He was so quick and with a sword bigger than hers, she didn’t really stand much of a chance. As he tackled his body onto hers, the blade of his sword managed to cut into the layers of fabric and corset she wore and sliced her belly thinly. She didn’t feel it, even as the rip in her dress because saturated with her blood. The adrenaline coursing through her was too high and her survival kicked in.

His face loomed down on hers and turning her face like she might return his impending kiss, she instead bit down on hard on his nose, very hard that it felt like she might have nearly bitten off the cartilage. He groaned in pain and the blade of his sword sunk deeper into her flesh. That she felt but she took the moment of distraction to quickly gather her wits and plunge the blade into his flesh. But she knew better than to leave it at that and gripping the hilt with both hands, she twisted and a choked gasp came from him; most likely blood filling his mouth.

Twisting the blade once more, she pulled it out of him and pushed him off of her. Standing, she looked down at his lifeless form as blood spilled from his slacken mouth and she was breathing hard. By then, the horse righted itself back up and she climbed on top. She snapped the reins and the dazzling creature moved forward in a quick sprint, taking her fully out of the forest and a few paces away onto the green grass. The dagger in her hands still, she dismounted the steed and he stayed by but her legs gave out beneath her. Elarinya felt the pain of the slice to her stomach. Not lethally deep but enough to make her lose blood and feel pain she never experienced before. Her body twisted and she fell to the side as darkness clouded her vision. But she never let go of the dagger, the blade covered in blood that did not belong to her.

Word Count: 1,433

Malicious Lullaby said:
Someone stole my license plate today. And then replaced it with a different one...

That's weird, did you report it to the Police? They could be swapping plates over from a stolen vehicle.

Yeah we did. I told my dad and he saw it and called the police. We're going to the station tomorrow to make sure it's filed and then depending on what they say, we're going to go to the DMV on Thursday to do new registration. I think we're okay though because we called in the report immediately.

Malicious Lullaby said:
Yeah we did. I told my dad and he saw it and called the police. We're going to the station tomorrow to make sure it's filed and then depending on what they say, we're going to go to the DMV on Thursday to do new registration. I think we're okay though because we called in the report immediately.

Oh yeah, you're all good. Just wouldn't want you to be stopped by the Police on your way to College because they ran the plates, and saw your 'new' licence number was listed as a stolen vehicle, xD

You know, it would have taken me about six months to even notice?

Right? Yeah that was my fear too because that's all I was thinking on the drive home from school.

If someone changed your license plate and stole yours?
See, that could have happened to me but when I am parking in a lot full of cars constantly, my license plate is what I look for to find my car if I can't remember where I parked, it's also how I memorized it. Plus it was easy too. So as I am walking back to my car today, I am looking for my license plate and I see my car but I see the different license plate and think it can't be mine, someone else must have the exact same car which happens. But then I saw my front license plate and I was like 'wait, that is my car.' And I checked the back license plate again and it was different and I was like 'Wtf? That wasn't there before...'

So...yeah.

Malicious Lullaby said:
My best friend and her boyfriend are the cutest ever.

A drink to them.

Apart from me, you mean?

You might want a few more drinks before you answer that :)

So I wrote this a while back and I saved it. It seems like a fun little intro to a Pirates kind of role play and it's up for grabs by anyone who could be interested one day, once my midterms are over.

A Pirate's Quarrel

There was laughter, hoots and hollers and one brave woman walked down the trashy bar top, stomping on glasses filled with precious alcohol, although still much to the amusement of the several drunks in the establishment. She held between her teeth a knife and in her hands, two burlap sacks of gold. She had just climbed down the banister and the two drunk men chasing her were readily gaining on her.

“Stop her! Stop that wench!”
She tossed the two money bags to her cronies and then turned on her heel, grabbing her knife from her mouth. “I am no wench!” She tossed her knife at one man, watching the blade sink into his left thigh before launching herself at the other, her knee colliding with his face. “I’m a salty wench, mate and donnae you forget it!” She grabbed her knife from the leg of the other drunkard before making a mad dash for it.

Unfortunately, once she was ran out of the place, a large plank of wood smashed into her stomach causing her to fall onto her back with a harsh thud. She heard an evil cackle and opening her eyes, she caught a glimpse of the man she had thrown the money to, the man she had trusted before the plank of wood hit down onto her face, blacking her out.

Irina Turbine woke up in a dank holding of Slugger’s Slugh. It wasn’t really a cell and if it was, it was just kind of in ruins but what made it difficult for her to leave was the fact she was chained to the remains of the cell doors. The chains were strategically placed so that she couldn’t try to slide them down the poles and she was stuck there. Her forehead pressed against the bars and she groaned loudly and rather obnoxiously until she broke out into a full swing of a song she learned on her ship.

The man entrusted in watching her walked over to her and held a smaller plank in his hands. “Oy shut it, you wench!”
“I will not! You let me go and I will stop me singing.” Her accent was thick but it was rather charming and becoming of her.
“I cannot do that. Do I look that stupid?”

Irina looked him up and down and then pursed her lips. “Do you really want me to answer that, mate?”
He snarled and slapped the wood board against her cheek. “Keep talking like that to me and I won’t be very nice. You might be a wench but you’re still a woman under there lass.”
She spit in his face. “You could take me even if you tried.” She hissed.
He cupped her cheek roughly to make her look at him. “I can force you.”

She had him exactly where she wanted him. She offered a mock smile, so saccharine sweet. “If you could, you would have already.”
“Huh?” Next thing she did was butt her head to his roughly and brought her knee up and opened her leg to shove her boot clad foot into his face. He howled in pain and she pulled herself up.

He came at her again and she kicked him in the face until he didn’t get up. She crouched down and pulled the chain around his neck with her boot heel until it broke from his neck and grabbed it with one hand. She then unlocked herself and grabbed her effects before skipping off like a free woman. On the way out, she found her bags of money improperly watched and cackled to herself. “Idjits.”

And that was how the great Irina Turbine, captain of the Malady always evaded true capture.

I've been sick since about Tuesday. Combination of people being sick and not sleeping for midterms, this cold hit me hard. I'm really behind on some role plays and I apologize for that. I'm so hopped up on medications and told to sleep, that I can't really do much as far as role playing goes, nothing long anyways. I am feeling a lot better than I did yesterday but I keep getting shakes and I've got body pain that I don't want to stay sitting up for too long. To those I owe responses to, please just hang tight and give me some more time. I promise that I am going to get to them asap.

Thank you and stay healthy!

I don't think I am utilizing my journal very well ><

Family stuff going on. Not so great things. I think I have seen and been in my quota of hospitals this year. I think me and my family could use a break. Is it 2016 yet? xP

Let's see. First with my mom getting sick. Her cancer removal surgery was a success. Huzzah!

In June, my dad's mom passed away. Not so huzzah!

Last Tuesday, my grandpa was rushed to the ER. He showed signs of improvement, woke up and was coherent. They didn't know what happened to him in the first place. And now...he's going downhill fast. He seems to be improving again but it's hard to say. He suffered a cardiac arrest. His heart stopped for twelve minutes which means twelve minutes of no oxygen to the brain. That can't be good one bit for his psyche and overall coherence.

He can't go. I'm actually close to this grandparent. He's my mom's dad. I have to cook him fish and chicken again. He's not allowed to go. I forbid it!

I'm scared. I want to be positive. I want to be strong for my grandma who is an absolute mess, and for my mom. But I feel like my faith in his recovery is slipping. How does someone in his age--he just celebrated his 81st birthday this passed August--come back from something like that? Will he be a vegetable? Will he recognize us again? Will he be coherent? Will his body jump start and begin functioning again?

I don't know...

With all this said, responses may be a little slow again. With school and needing/wanting to be there for my family in any way I can, I will try my hardest but just a little patience is all I ask for. If you can't wait, I understand. If you can wait, I will love you forever.

Back
Top Bottom