Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Devil You Know: Inside the mind of BlisteredBlood

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcmIJIqj2w&playnext_from=TL&videos=6bHprqeTN6U&feature=sub[/youtube]

Sunday Afternoon,
July 4th, 2010

Well, it's July 4th. You know what that means. It means people are going to be getting out their fireworks, their hibachis for grilling hamburgers and hot dogs, and patriotic music like this will be ringing out all across the country. Kids will be waving sparklers around, the other grown-ups will be setting off firecrackers, Saturn Missile Bays, launching "mortar" shells into the night sky, all of that good stuff. Just make sure you take mega safety precautions when you do it, eh? Wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt out there.

So, what can I say today that I haven't said already? My mom's asleep on the loveseat next to me, my brother and my uncle are snoozing off last night's smokeout and beer chug, and I'm down here on the couch typing this up. I know I was supposed to do anime reviews at the request of Harriet, but I've been kinda bleh as of recently. Mainly because of a combination of laziness, aggravation and pretty much everything else in general. But that's really no excuse for me to not do what I should've been doing all along: This being entertaining the masses like I should be doing. But it's all good. As long as I make entries like this one, I should be alright as far as I know.

But you know, I kinda miss the days when I was in Omaha doing all the things I mentioned above. The first time I did this about several years ago was a absolute blast of blasts. Literally and figuratively. I think I might have suffered at least a few minor burns and some shell shock when I was too close to those launchers going off. The second time I was there one year later, I wisened up some, but dammit, I still nearly went deaf. Oh well. Not all goes according to plan. The last year I was there, I had gotten the hang of it almost immediately and even helped the guys with getting everything ready. Loading shells, placement of the Roman Candles, and hell, I even got to test fire a few just for kicks. And of course, I also hung around with the young'uns for a while until I got called away to handle the big stuff.

That's one of the things I miss. The fact that I'm not there doing all of these things and screwing around like I used to. This might make an old fuddy-duddy, but dammit, those were times I remember well enough to go back there and relive those days.

Maybe someday I'll go back there if only for a visit. Besides, I left some memories in limbo out there as well as in Lawrence, Kansas. From what I've been hearing, there's a new Wal-Mart in Lawrence out on 6th and Wakarusa. It's not the big one like they had planned in the past, but it's the same stretch of road that was in front of my old high school. They did build it, but it's a smaller one. I seem to recall a time when I said to myself that if they did build it, then they had better give Lawrence Free State students a discount.

For school supplies, ya ninny. What did you think I meant?

Well, I might as well wrap this up and go scoot around the web for a while. I'll be seeing you around, folks.

Wednesday Afternoon
September 8th, 2010

Well, well. Looks like I came back to a brand spanking new Blue Moon.

So now I should explain as to what I've been up to since I've been gone. Since I've been away from you guys, I've been out floatin' around, bouncing around, doing a lot of this, that and the other thing. You know the other thing, right? I figured you would.

I've also constructed a commentary that I need to get uploaded onto YouTube that I might share with you guys as soon as I finalize everything. You guys might enjoy it. However, I'll share a small snippet of what to look forward to.

What I've seen in today's music industry is a LOT of wasted musical talent. One such individual really drew my ire, this being Soulja Boy's "Goku". Stay tuned for that one, folks.

Next up on the things that have been going on is that we've got another new cat in our home. This being a black and white shorthair by the name of Oreo. Ironically, we got him from one of my aunts. Introductions didn't exactly go well with the other three we have here already, but in due time, they'll be sniffin' each others asses before too long. It all takes time, ya know?

Hm. I think that's all I got for now. I just need to get all settled in on the new version of Blue Moon. See you guys around the boards!

Sunday Morning,
September 19th, 2010

You know, folks. I don't get to say this enough, but there are times when I think some people are just as crazy as I think they are. You know the kinds of people where they have one or two - maybe more - family members or possibly a friend that doesn't seem all there? Well, allow me to tell you all this little story of about several weeks ago before I came back on.

Apparently, our landlord was in some sort of civil matter with his two brothers, each of them taking potshots at each other over every little detail. It's been going on ever since. Frankly, it nearly drove me to the point of insanity and by that, I mean as in taking both of them by their heads and then ripping it cleanly from their necks, place the disembodied head - assuming I got it intact, you'll see why later - in a freezer for about several hours before taking it out then ram the detached spine back into place ass-backwards so they can watch me kicking their asses. Plain and fucking simple.

I mean, it was a week from hell, to be honest. I seem to recall it was about either Tuesday or Wednesday when one of our landlord's brothers called either my mom's work phone or my cell phone asking if he could come by for some reason. The following day thereafter, he came by AGAIN asking if she was here and also to inform her that he was sending an inspection guy over here for some reason or another only to then come back not more than several minutes later and then do it himself, followed up by taking pictures of the circuit boards downstairs as well as the bathroom down there, the upstairs bathroom and the upstairs kitchen area.

There was also something that alarmed even me when he began to say that he was looking for a third of the rent money and wanted it to be sent out to him in Florida. Something that absolutely screamed one word and one word only.

Extortion.

Apparently, that oversized shit-for-brains hadn't caught wind of my mom's endeavors to keep the roof over our heads all through the month of July in which she paid more than $1,000 to the landlord. And also, he also thought that the landlord wasn't even taking take of the place, which also was driving me nearly berserk because I could've told him that myself! ffs, man!

But no. That wasn't the end of it. Another day later, yet ANOTHER one of our landlord's brothers came by, also looking for mom stating that it was "imperative" that she got in contact with him.

Now here comes a fat and easy meatball, folks. If you're on a restraining order that prevented you from coming onto the property or being within a certain distance from said property and/or individual, then you should know beyond a shadow of a fucking doubt that you're not supposed to go any-fucking-where NEAR IT, right? RIGHT?!

Right. Apparently, this other brother of the landlord's wasn't necessarily too bright about it, in which he also brought his wife with him - now here comes a fastball with a slight curve to it - who lied about being here previously!

I wish I was shittin' ya, folks. But apparently, being either a compulsive liar or a waste of space seems to run wild in families of today. Especially if they're older and grown up like these two.

You know, I hope I never have the luxury of running into people like this when I find my own place someday. Because if I did, I would defintely do the above mentioned thing to them or possibly buy a Smith & Wesson Magnum 500 - yes, I'll be having a permit for it. I'm not that stupid - and a State Police trained German Shepherd as well as some signs that would be posted outside to inform the dull-witted.

victorystore00_2121_40758237

This...

bewarexing.gif

This...

Dead%20End%20Sign.png

And this one for my front door.

I dunno, maybe my people skills aren't what they used to be anymore. I honestly have a very rapidly decreasing amount of restraint for people that want to come by, waste my time and yammer on and on about stupid bullshit that doesn't even remotely involve or interest me. WHATSOFUCKINGEVER.

But the only exceptions would be if a friend or family member came by. Anybody else - excluding the mail man and the pizza guy, just to add variety in there - can fuck off.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzU9FgNTYrU[/video]

Saturday Morning,
October 9th, 2010

Man, I've had a crappy week. Y'know why? For one, I had to go to the hospital with my mother on Tuesday due to the fact that once again, her breathing problems decided to rear its ugly head. From there, it went OK for her, but for me, it felt like we were there for an eternity while my mom was not only subjected to a battery of breathing treatments but also was a test subject to a couple of new doctors that were coming in from Brown University and Presbyterian.

We were there from about 8:30 in the morning to about 12:30 in the afternoon. That was pleasant. About as pleasant as getting mugged by some crackhead looking for a quick fix.

But, at the end of the week, it's a little better. Mainly because it's the weekend and it's a time to unwind with family and friends. One of the things I got planned tomorrow is going to see a movie with a friend of mine that I met on IMVU a while back and well, we decided to hang out.

I might review one of the movies once I get back later, but that won't happen until then. So in the meantime, enjoy the song and have a few laughs on me. Catch you guys later!

Monday Morning,
October 11th, 2010

Well, we're inching closer to Halloween. You know what that means. It means that once more, all the little creatures of the night will soon be getting their costumes together and marching out into the night dressed as their respective character and making the big wigs more and more money as they travel from door to door, saying the ever classic phrase before the person hands out candy to them all.

It also means it's a time to gather your friends and family together for a horror fest of epicness. Or go out and have a big Halloween themed party of some sort or another. Either way, let me take the time out to then say this. Have fun, be safe and don't let your friends drive you home drunker than a hootowl. It's the law now, and cops will be keeping their eyes on ya.

Anyways, what's on my mind tonight? Aside from the fact that my mom has to go to the hospital again - possibly - because of her breathing problems, my uncle still being an asshat of massive proportions and all that jazz. Well, the answer to that is just that. There's nothing more that I can say that I haven't said before.

But let's skip all of that nonsense and get to the thing I feel like showing you guys. This little beauty right here.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oRNgVvrUw0[/video]

Enjoy some High Octane Nightmare Fuel on me, folks. Here's the challenge. As you watch this AMV, do so with the lights off, the volume up and the video set to full screen. Get scared and admit your defeat here. :D

Other than that, that's about it for now. Maybe when I feel like it, I'll go into more detail. But right now's not a good time. Catch you guys later.

Sunday Afternoon,
October 17th, 2010

For some reason, my sleep schedules been off the wall as of recently. I'm not quite sure why, but maybe I'll find out for myself someday soon. Examples include me passing out a lot earlier and waking up just as early when I should be like some sort of night owl keeping vigilance over everything. Not sure what the deal is, but there ya have it.

As for what else has been going on as of recently... Well, my mom finally got the letter she needed from her landlord's brother and the results of it is pretty damning on his part. He's still wanting "his third of the rent", of course, as I might have mentioned recently. But you see, here's the problem I'm seeing. He's been threatening my mother with legal action in a way that seems as though he's trying to usurp control over this place by putting my mom into the middle of this spat between him and the REAL landlord while she's been paying him the rent - we're currently about three weeks behind, thanks to ProCap sending him a check that REALLY knocked a good chucnk of the back rent off - and making him happy with it.

What really bugs me is that a few weeks ago, that same brother of the landlord's was here, taking pictures of the place, sighting an "illegal sink" in the upstairs kitchen, an "illegal bathroom" downstairs in the basement, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember at the moment.

You know... Folks. I'm not one to say this, but something about this whole thing is just telling me that someone's not telling me and my mom the whole truth. Yes, I said both me and my mom. Mainly because in the times that Ray - the landlord - has been here, I've been a witness in all of this. If this goes to court - and I know it will. When? Don't know about that - she's gonna have a few things to throw right back at them and even make the brother of Ray's learn how to shut the fuck up and leave her alone.

Gee. Where to begin?

1. Lead paint on the windowsills. MAJOR housing code violation.

2. Electrical failure due to the stove blowing out when both the burner and the oven are on at the same time. The same goes for the wiring up here on the second floor.

3. Ceiling damage that was never repaired when we had the heavy rain back in March of this year - which in turn, damaged her recliner (it, the loveseat and the couch are ALL Lay-Z-Boy, mind you. All of it when she got it at Nebraska Furniture Mart cost about two grand) and above the kitchen because the bathtub wasn't caulked properly. That section of ceiling had to be replaced three fucking times in the year and the half we've been here.

There's a lot more that I can say that's wrong about this place, but I'll save that for another time. Or maybe not if we're called into court. Whatever comes first.

You know, I'm not even sure if we've made the right choice in coming back here. It just seems like it's just one headache after another in this shitpit of a town. But, at least it ain't like Central Falls. That much I can be thankful for. Besides, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go back there.

One thing I know for certain, people. April of 2011 is coming. When it does, we're packing up our things and we're gonna go on the move once more to someplace that isn't as pressurized (had to think about that one for a moment) as this part of Providence. Besides, this place just isn't worth the stressing, the headaches, the pissing, the moaning and all that other shit. We just don't need it anymore. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

I just hope I remain sane before then. Besides, I still got a New Year's resolution to stick to. What's left of it, now anyway.

I think that's all I got for now. I'll bore you guys another time.

Early Thursday Night,
November 4th, 2010

Hard to fucking believe it. We're already into November and already, people are already gearing up for Christmas, namely with all the big stores and such getting out Christmas decorations, playing Christmas songs, and even as far as jacking up the prices on all of today's hottest toys and such to biblical proportions.

I don;t get to say this enough, but there needs to be a time when someone has to take a step back at this and go, what the fuck's the matter with you? Can't you just take those decorations down for one minute and enjoy this current month for a minute, go home, have some Thanksgiving dinner with your family and then you can get set for Christmas?

But of course, no one ever listens to logic anymore. it just seems to me that people these days are living their lives virtually in fast forward and never ever take the time out to just look at anything at a steady pace. I mean, how does anyone ever know what their current choice is going to take them if they just rush at it with reckless abandonment? They all need to think about it first then make careful steps in order to ensure that they have made the right choices.

However, everyone has a right to live their lives the way it should be lived. Just be prepared to suffer some consequences of your actions later on down the road if you don't take the proper precautions. If you don't, then you're in for a world of hurting later on down the line.

But, I suppose that could be said for a lot of folks.

Anyways. What's on my mind tonight?

I suppose that's a very good question to ask me at the present. As of this moment, there's not a lot for me to say other than the fact that my cousin Jordan and his girlfriend had a kid recently, thereby making me a 3rd cousin. Go figure. I spent nine years away from Rhode Island and boom, I come back to this about a year later.

I guess that's all I got to say right now. Maybe I'll add more later on when I get back on.

As a side note, I think I should mention that I just got Skype just now. You can find me by the same user handle I've had since forever.

Saturday Morning,
December 18th, 2010

Well folks, this is it. We're more than two weeks away from the start of a brand new year and you know what that means. It means a time for a hope of a brighter day and hopefully those goobers up on Capitol Hill won't goof it up for us. But, then again, like a certain comedian once said, it's garage in, garbage out. Still, here's to hoping it all works out for all of us in 2011, eh?

So. Now that I got all that business out of the way, I suppose I might as well get to today's topic. I have no idea how I did this, but for some reason, my right shoulder blade feels all outta whack today. It still does even now and it's been nearly driving me berserk ever since. Thankfully, ma gave me a muscle relaxer so I can at least try and cope with it for now, but it still feels like it either wants to pop out of place or break apart. Either way, I just hope it stops before I'm forced to drive my back into the wall.

Also.

It's official. Some time around either March or April is when me and the rest of the folks are gonna be moving out once more. To be honest, I couldn't blame any one of them. Last thing I'd wanna be is anywhere in this part of town, where everybody's driveway or backyard is a junkyard. You know, ma's been talking about moving to Newport or move someplace up more towards her work? To be honest, I'd like either of those options. Anything to get the hell out of this joint. Besides, with the landlord's brother being an extorting asshole and the landlord himself not having the goddamn competency levels to fix minor problems - sounds a little suspicious, if you ask me - I can agree to say, "fuck it" and then pack up and move the fuck on.

One other thing before I go try to relax for a few.

Our new mode of transportation, a 1994 Toyota Camry, will be registered next week. Week after that is when RJ borrows it for a trip back out to Illinois once again to spend New Year's Eve. Much as I wanna bitch about it, I can't say I can argue with the guy. Besides, the girl he's with is absolutely more ga-ga about him than the Lady herself.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE&feature=related[/video]

Anyway. What else is new? It's cold. It's miserable. Old Man Winter is finally going to be upon us, dropping feet of snow all across the landscape. That means bundling up the young 'uns up before sending 'em off for a half day of school or even growing a thick layer of fur on your nuts.

Hm. Might as well take a breather for now. Besides, I seriously need to go rest my shoulder blade before it keeps acting up more and more. >_<;

Awww... *massages shoulder* I hope that feels better soon. I hate when that happens. =(

As for everything else, I hope it all works out. You deserve it and then some, you know. Ohh! And give me your snow!!! I wantsss!!! XD

<3

Weirdly, we still have our snow. I'm amazed it's lingered as long as it has. But you won't hear me complaining, lol! We're supposed to get more next weekend. But, those days are far away and meh..... weather is weird and weathermen lie. >.> So, we'll see what happens there. hehe.

You know, it's a funny thing you mention this. Ever since this month began the big question that's been on everyone's mind out here is "how much snow are we gonna get" or "how bad is it gonna get" and so on and so forth. Well y'know, It's felt much like mid fall weather out here a few times, but I think that stretch is bound to end at one point or another. Just gotta give that shit plenty of time, methinks.

Mmm... very true. Plus, it's still only December. Still many more months to go, right? *taps fingers* Should be interesting to see how things go then.

Back
Top Bottom