Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lords and Ladies (LingeringDesire & Greeneyed23)

Ne'ebo kissed Fenice hungrily caressing her face and neck, smiling as he gazed into her eyes. "I love you too Fenice. With all i am." he smiled at her words and sat to eat not daring to argue with her.

"Is who gone?" He took another bite and looked up at Elias his eyes cold as ice. He chewed silently watching them all then smiled as Nis crawled up into his lap licking his face. "Hello snowbrain." He kissed Nis between the eyes and continued eating the dog not daring to steal any food.

"Yes Bruce is gone. Forever. And I have some news for you Elias. I know who is leading the cult."

The bombshell silenced the whole room for a moment the only sound Ne'ebo's chewing.

"Sir Bartholomew Winston Murray of the Emerald Isle."

Bartholomew was the current leader in losses now that Bruce was gone. He was a popular, wealthy, and powerful knight and an exceptional fighter. He had only lost to Ne'ebo and those two losses had seemed to fuel him and his fan base. He did not cheat nor did he need to.

Elias had grown up with Bartholomew. They had been friends. Rivals. Brothers. Once. Elias could scarcely believe it. "Are you sure?"

"Oh yes. He could not lie to me. I made sure of that. Then I made sure of the information. Bartholomew is the leader of the cult."

Ne'ebo kept eating pretending not to the see the looks being passed around the room. He stroked Nis' back with his free hand as he ate.

"So what do we do?"

"I have already sent orders to Kay, William, and Aaron to track down the knights who are in the cult and give them a choice. Either they desert Bartholomew or they face me first. And I will not be holding back this time. I am stealing Bartholomew's power. I have also been informed that he has been beating and abusing a trio of bar girls since his arrival. I have had them freed and they are telling the tale everywhere thus removing his fan base. Besides that I need only beat him again and then he will be at your mercy Elias."

“Impossible…” Fenice said dropping her jaw. The man was one of her father’s closest friends. He’d sat with them on many occasions. He had always been a fixture in her life… their life and now to find out he’d been [pulling the wool over their eyes for some time. Her jaw set and she simply listened to the conversation.

Mathilde was just as shocked and disgusted, “what’ll we do?” She whispered.

The looks shared among the royals and the other two conspirators where worrisome and questioning. Fenice assumed he’d come to fight since he had always been such a good friend of her father’s the idea of marrying him was silly and he’d even teased her about it. Bile rose up… Fenice ran from the table, the contents from her stomach unable to be contained at this shock.

Mathilde rushed away after her. “Ne’ebo will swiftly take care of him. There is no threat to great, save God that can keep him from becoming your husband.” She gave the princess a cup of cool water to rinse her mouth out with as she mopped her forehead and neck. “All of this will soon be over and you will look back on this and laugh.

--

At my mercy? What proof do you have that it is he, I must know… and what did he hope to gain? The throne? There are other Pendragons, or does he have plans to go after those too?” Elias questioned Ne’ebo, watching as Fenice rejoined them. He was so confused on hos this man had wrecked so much havoc on them and yet stood at his side offering his assistance with the defeat of such a person. It was beyond him to even comprehend. Frustrated Elias sank into a chair and rubbed at his aching forehead.

Ne'ebo gently pulled Fenice onto his lap and kissed her neck. "i am sorry my love. I did not realize it would upset you so much." Ne'ebo had not met Winston until now nor had anyone spoken of the man to him so the reaction surprised him. He looked to Mathilde who explained the family connection making Ne'ebo wince.

"Forgive me Elias. I did not realize he was such a good friend but..." he reached down and pulled a large bag from his pack and handed it to Elias. Within were Winston's signet ring and his personal sacrificial knife which had the ring's imprint on it. Also were included a number of items that Winston often wore that had the mark of the cult on them. They were decades old and Elias had seen them on Winston hundreds if not thousands of times, including the ring, a amulet from his father, and a number of other items.

"I also have the three girls he was abusing and a pair of his cultist who can confirm his identity. You are more than welcome to perform your own investigation. I need to return those items before dawn anyway. He is passed out in a tavern under watch. I'll go get my witnesses and put the evidence back if you want..." He watched Elias waiting.

Mathilde traded a look with Fenice and the Archbishop then looked at Elias as well. "No."
"Sir?"
"No. We shall keep these things. I will distract Winston. And when the time is right I will confront him about all of this. I do not want there to be any trouble that could lead to people being hurt."
"Yes sir. But-"
Elias shook his head waving his hand. "If there is an issue of him or anyone attacking the innocent handle it but otherwise leave him to me."
"Of course sir."
"Thank you..."
"Elias?"
"Yes?"
"I am truly sorry."

Elias nodded absently rubbing Nis' ears then stood kissed his daughter's cheek and went off to his room to be alone. Ne'ebo looked at the others.

"I feel horrible."

Fenice sat in his lap, seeing but not seeing and feeling but not feeling. Numb, it was cold and the fear that crept up in her caused her to tremble. But worse than her fear was his silence. HIS, the one that had always kept the brave front. Even when they were under the rule of the lords he always remained. She felt his lips against her cheek but it was as though just an action and there was nothing put into it.

Her blue eyes watched him go before gazing into Ne’ebo’s green. She pressed her lips to his briefly before sliding off his lap. “I won’t be in my room for my goodnight kiss; I have to take care of this.” Without another word she was off, the four pups on her heels without a word to follow. They could feel the anxiety.

Her sharp knock was answered immediately, his face was drawn and his eyes looked tired. Fenice said nothing but shoved her way into his embrace. The news crushed both of them. After a moment she broke away and closed the door, Mathilde came in with tea and left just as suddenly. They sat staring into the fire. She sipping tea and he clenching and unclenching his large hands. Hands she knew could be tender but also deadly given the right opportunity.

Secretly Fenice wished he’d get angry and violent. The thought made her happy and scared at the same time. Words weren’t needed in this moment; the silence gave way for thoughts and plans. The pups relaxed pressed tight to the feet of the duo. She wasn’t sure when but she fell asleep and woke in his bed, glancing around the room she saw his profile highlighted in the fire. Sighing she fell back to sleep knowing he’d carried her there, she was still his little girl and even after marrying Ne’ebo it would be the same.

Elias had begun to get depressed when his daughter, his precious little girl came in and hugged him. The gesture meant more to him than he could ever express.

It reminded him that he was not just a betrayed friend but a father, a leader, a knight, and a king. He kissed her head hugging her back then smiling at his four furry grandchildren as Fenice sat down with him. He nodded at Mathilde as she brought in tea but his eyes remained on the fire. His hands longed for their weapons as plans began to form in his mind.

He smiled when he saw his little girl asleep. She had grown into an incredible woman in both presence and beauty is much like her mother. He stood and lifted her easily taking her to his bed and tucking her into it. He made sure she was well covered and stroked her hair back. "My little angel. You are so like you mother....Thank you darling." he kissed her forehead then went back to his chair.

The pups divided their time between their mother and their grandfather happily. They would sleep with Fenice then go cuddle with him letting him rub their ears, backs, and bellies and letting them know they loved him as well. After some time Elias sent Nis to retrieve Ne'ebo who came back with the dog instantly. "Sir?"

"Sit with me Ne'ebo."
Ne'ebo obeyed after glancing at the sleeping Fenice and smiling.
"You love my daughter."
"More than my own life sir."
"Good. Why did you not come with her?"
"It was not my place sir. I serve you with all I am but she is your daughter and somethings are meant only for a father and daughter."
Elias smiled. "You are a wise man Ne'ebo."
"No sir. I just know better than to get between a daughter and her daddy."
Elias chuckled. "Thank you. I needed my girl. Now I want your help."
"Anything sir."
'First stop with the sir. I am fine. And no other titles. Just call me my name."
Ne'ebo smiled and nodded.
"I want you to make sure that Winston does not suspect we know but I also want you to cut his powerbase here in the tournament. I am already removing his titles, wealth and other power. I want him angry Ne'ebo."
"How angry?"
"I want him to openly attack me."
"Oh. So completely out of control?"
"Exactly. But I want him to have no one to send out before you make him angry. Can you handle that?"
Ne'ebo cocked his head. 'Elias..."
"Alright alright just checking. You do that and then let me know and i will alert him to his losses."

Ne'ebo smiled. "Very well Elias. Anything else?"
"No. you can-"
Ne'ebo stood. "No. Tonight you have time with your daughter. And I need to go arrange things anyway."
Elias nodded and smiled as Ne'ebo went over and kissed her then went to speak to Aaron, his knights, and a few other people and started to work on Elias' plans.

Fenice slept on, feeling the lips pressed to her head she smiled, although she thought it was a dream. Ne’ebo populated them and while he was there his name was whispered. The kiss he gave her upon leaving made her whimper. The pups crowded in on her attempting to comfort her in, what they thought, was her time of need. She slept soundly and peacefully until the sun was high in the sky. Alone with Mathilde and the pups, her father waited for her in the dining hall.

Blinking up at her maid the female stretched. She was still in her dress from the day before. But Mathilde was prepared and had a new one at the ready. As exhausted as she still felt she was up and about quickly. The heated water washed over her and helped to ease the tired muscles to life. Washing quickly she was out and preparing for the day in a matter of moments. She wanted only to check on Gala and Mayonaka after breakfast and before heading to the lists.

Smiling she thought of the tiny horse that would come from the union and it made her heart ache for the future. Completely dressed and ready to go she bounded to breakfast and ate quickly but with a hunger that needed sated. She patted her father’s shoulder and placed a kiss to his cheek. He was in conversation with one of the Lord’s. Some suggestion or problem. Eyeing them curiously.

When she finished she pocketed a few apples and made her way to the field, the pups were close on her heels. Surpassing their mistress and rushing into the open field to greet their animal friends. Gala nickered and moved away from the large black war steed. Smiling she held out the apple and climbed up the fence and onto the horses back. Hugging the horse’s neck she laughed when the silly mare walked her back to the middle of the field. If she had the time she would have kicked her heels and taken the horse for a ride. She held out an apple to the black steed, he took it without hesitation and leaned into the touch of her hand along his neck.

A sound caught her attention as the pups ran off in the same direction. Mayonaka lifted his head as well and took off. Smiling she urged Gala to follow, Ne’ebo was calling for his steed in preparation for battle. Rounding the corner she smiled at him, he had no surprise as the pups had clued him in to her presence. Sliding off the horse she pets her muzzle and fed her the last apple before moving into his arms. “I didn’t get to say much of a goodnight…” She brushed her lips tenderly over his holding his face to hers as she gave him every ounce of her love. Sighing when she needed to breathe she pulled back and held to him, “I love you with every part of me.”

Ne'ebo kissed her back passionately his hands running along her cheeks and neck. "And I love you with all that I have been am, and ever shall be my Fenice. It seems our kids had quite the evening." Mayonaka was acting the complete fool playing with the four pups who chased him barking his tail wagging about wildly.

He reached up and rubbed Gala's nose. 'I see you enjoyed yourself as well little one." the horse nickered and Ne'ebo smiled stroking the silky flesh of her nose. "Now I want you to take your mother and younger brothers and sisters to the dais. understood?" The horse nodded earning herself a kiss between the eyes. "Good girl."

He turned back to Fenice who he kissed again as he lifted onto Gala's back making a simply bridle with a spare bit of rope and handed it to her then smiled. "You have a lovely day my love." He looked over at the frolicking quintet and smiled. "OI!"

All five rushed over Mayonaka sniffing Gala's face and the pups clustering around her legs. "You four behave today. And listen to your mother. Especially you." He pointed at Nis who licked his finger. "No buttering me up. Behave." The dog barked.

Ne'ebo nodded and looked up at Fenice. "You have a good day my love." He leaned up while pulling her down into a kiss. "No scoot along." Gala and the dogs took her off to the dais while Ne'ebo went over to the stallion and got him fully tacked then mounted up riding to the lists for his first match. He had to wait for a bit as his opponent had had to speak to Aaron and replace his dirty lances and other weapons.

When Ne'ebo learned of this he smiled. He had not realized that finding the identity of the High Priest would allow him to finally have some real battles in this tournament. He was tired of cheaters and he wants at least some sort of challenge. His opponent rode to his place then looked at the dais, at Elias specifically, and waited to learn if he would be allowed to continue fighting.

She trembled in his arms, his embrace was magic every time and he took her breath away. She pressed her face into his chest, breathing in his scent before nodding. Smiling as he spoke to the horses she laughed at his silliness. She blushed, trying not to be jealous of their horse’s intimacy. Her hands moved up through hair as he kissed her again, her lips moved in tandem with his adding in her own passions and desire. He slid her back onto her horse so the desire was safe to flow into the kiss.

It tapered off in a natural end. “I will, be safe my heart…” The rope was pressed into her hands and she watched him smile at the other animals surrounding them. His simple call had her imagining the same for their future children; it pulled a soft laugh from her. Gala nickered at her mate and pressed her nose into Mayonaka’s neck as Ne’ebo spoke to the pups.

She was pulled into a brief kiss, her body longed to be pressed to his or to yank him against hers. Sadly it was not to be. She sighed and waved to him as she and her animal entourage moved through Camelot to her spot on the dais. She greeted her father as he helped her from Gala’s back. Trala squealed and a soldier lifted her to the horses back. Fenice searched her father’s face; she found sorrow and a bit of tiredness. She gave him a soft smile as she moved to her seat.

Trala lay sprawled on Gala’s bare back; Fenice smiled and watched her before turning her attention to the man that took a place at the field. She watched as Aaron moved to his side and whispered in his ear. Narrowing her blue eyes at the duo… make that trio, since Ne’ebo was in on it as well. Her father seemed to contemplate something as she waited for a response of some sort. A single nod was all she received, it puzzled her farther but she clapped along with the rest of the crowd. Blowing a kiss to her beau, she felt her heart flutter. This was true love.

Ne'ebo watched his opponent thoughtfully though his attention was drawn to the dais where he saw Trala on Gala, the pups playing and consoling their grandfather, and of course he saw Fenice blowing her kiss which he caught and pressed to his heart.

*&*

Winston watched the match with a smile. Ne'ebo was sure to be destroyed today. every single one of his opponents had been convinced to take the chance to beat him by cheating.

*&*

Ne'ebo rode his opponent down letting the unaltered lance smash off his armor as his lance knocked the man off his horse.

*&*
What was he doing!?! Why wasn't the bastard using the tipped lance!?!?!

Ne'ebo was in his element. Actually this was too easy but at least now he did not have to play games to keep his opponents safe, or at least from losing their status. Without the games he did not have to restrain himself quite as much and his opponents stopped touching him without him wanting them to. This made his day far more interesting and also drew the crowd into his matches even more than usual. He quite a bit of fun dodging every blow his opponent's threw unless he was using the blow to draw the man in to his own counter attacks. Bodies fell around him quickly and before anyone realized it the day was over and he had twenty more wins.

*&*

"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!" He hurled his mug across the room denting it against the stone. "How has this son of a bitch beaten me!?!"

*&*

That night Ne'ebo slept in Fenice's room. He held her close all night the pups all sleeping on them for once they also sensing Ne'ebo's concern for her. Ne'ebo was making sure they behaved by keeping the pups around as well as Trala sleeping in a small spare bed Ne'ebo had brought in. He was circling the wagons. Elias had kept up appearances with Winston that night by bringing him to the library for drinks and a few games of chess, assuring his friend all was well. Elias had handled it perfectly calming Winston who had been planning dark things after his little tantrum at the end of the day. What he had not noticed was that Elias was wearing his chain mail under his clothing and that nearly everyone in the castle had been off to bed already when he arrived. Not one person was to be exposed to him or his people.

*&*

Winston walked to his tavern smiling. He still had Elias is his pocket. He was sure of it. Soon he would beat that African bastard and then he would have Fenice and he could send Elias off to piddle his days away in isolation.

*&*

Ne'ebo woke Fenice the next day with a kiss then kissed the pups and hugged Trala before going off to the tournament. He won his matches just as easily today. He threw men left and right watching with a smile as most of them were now so badly beaten, either physically or in mere losses, that they had no chance of continuing to compete for any prize let alone the hand of the Princess.

Winston was still steamed about the lack of communication. His former fellow conspirators were no longer speaking to him, and would give no reason why, and all of the tipped, weighted, and in other ways enhanced weapons had been given to Ne'ebo who was using the wood to heat Fenice's new shelter as well as some orphanages, the metal either to make sturdy toys for the kids and stronger doors and windows for the shelter, and the more elaborate or valuable cheats to increase the balance in the treasury. The horses of the unhorsed knights were going to the stables thus increasing the usable horses for battle and the value of the stables exponentially thus garnering attention from the unexpected sources of people wanting to breed their horses with Elias'. Ne'ebo had given Elias proof of many knights' collusion with the dishonor and thus Elias also gained new homes and powers both in Britain and throughout Europe expanding his power base. Elias either removed the entire family of the cheaters or accepted their service as nobles so they could maintain their rule, thus increasing the royal income. By the seventh of March Elias controlled, whether officially or not, the entire length and breath of the British Isles, and more than three hundred expansive holdings throughout Europe as well as the gifts Ne'ebo had given him in Africa and Japan.

All of this went unseen by Winston and the other dangerous powers at the tournament. Ne'ebo kept all attention on him while Elias consolidated his power as it grew ensuring his, and his descendants, continued control of the areas in question for all time. Ne'ebo smirked at the thought. His children would have safety and peace nearly anywhere on the planet between their grandparent's holdings and his own.

*&*
Winston was having a good day despite his loss of cohorts. He had won every match today. He still had the fewest losses of all competitors....except the damned African... but he should be getting his soon.
*&*

Ne'ebo slept in Fenice's bed again that night, Mathilde sleeping in the bed with Trala, her parents with their other children while Elias stood alone in the training area practicing.

He had already broken seven practice swords, and was hacking away with a real sword at a practice dummy who was quickly becoming splinters. He was snarling and grunting as he bashed away at the dummy until the sword broke off in the dummy's chest. He stared at the broken blade for a long while then roared and buried it in the dummy's torso. He then looked up at the room that held his little girl, grateful the doors were closed. "You sleep well little one. Daddy is going to handle that bastard."

He went off to bed and rose early the next morning surprised to find himself walking to the tournament with Ne'ebo. "So how long until he attacks?"
"It will have to wait a bit. He won't face me until tomorrow. Fortunately for him that will still have him as number one. I do plan on making him....extra angry in his loss but I doubt it will be enough."
"Very well. When he is ready give me the signal and I will handle things from there."
"It shall be done. Try to keep our girl calm. I have a feeling there may be some incidents soon. Aaron is scouring the city but..."
Elias nodded. "Go win son. I'll take care of what I can."
"Thanks Dad."
Both men were caught by the natural flow of the words and they smiled. "Get going."

Ne'ebo won every match he had for the next day and a half the night between much more relaxed for him. He and Fenice stayed up playing cards with Trala and Mathilde who was quite the cardsharp, the pups sleeping all over Ne'ebo who drifted off happily with Fenice in his arms yet again.

The next nooning he met with Winston on the field of battle again. The joust went as expected with Ne'ebo crushing the older man but in a surprise to all once Winston was on the ground Mayonaka walked over him, not stepping on him at all, and unloaded his bladder right onto Winston's face. Winston was furious but before he could react Ne'ebo was down on the ground the horse scampering off unhurt while Winston glared up at him. Ne'ebo called for water and helped Winston clean off dumping a few gallons onto the man water logging him but remaining silent until he helped him up. "Forgive my horse sir. Apparently he got overexcited."

Winston snarled but could not reply. Ne'ebo had quite clearly said nothing and given no visible command so Winston could not call him out on it. He shrugged it off though it was annoying him he moved to the ring. Ne'ebo was pleasantly surprised when Winston decided to wrestle. Winston had once been the best in Britain and this former glory still powered his ego which lead to his rushing of the younger man. Ne'ebo caught and threw him head over heels out of the ring ending the match instantly. "Why Lord Winston I expected more from you." Ne'ebo was off before Winston could answer. The remaining matches of the day went as usual though Winston did not fight again that day.

Ne'ebo once again slept the night with Fenice wrapped in his arms, the pups laid out over them both. The next two days were very calm and sedate. Ne'ebo won his matches and slept in Fenice's bed. They did not misuse their time together Trala, Mathilde, Sibohan, and a few others keeping them safe and honest. On the third day, March the 12th ten days from the scheduled end of the tournament things came to a head. Ne'ebo face Winston first today and again he crushed him.

Winston was furious. He began to lose control until he found himself once again on his back. Not from Ne'ebo nor one of his fellow skilled knights but from a young potential who had done well but was barely hanging onto his place in the tournament. Winston was even more furious when the young bastard disarmed him then knocked him to the ground.

Winston roared with rage and went back to his tent to stew. Ne'ebo gave the sign.

Winston was surprised when he received a invitation to have drinks with Elias. He arrived when expected to find the King alone in the library. "Winston."
"Elias my old friend. I-"
"Did you really invoke demons and torture pregnant women to make those poor people your slaves?"
"I-"
"Don't lie to me."
Winston considered for a long moment then rushed Elias with a blade drawn but Elias slapped the blade away and buried a dagger, the dagger that had been pledged to taste the blood of Elias and Fenice, deep into Winston's throat severing his windpipe, jugular, carotid, and spine. Elias gripped Winston's face and shook his head. "All these years all I have done for you and you treat me like this. May you suffer a trillion years of pain and torment and may that be only in the first moment of your arrival in hell you fucking traitor." He spit on Winston's dead face then dropped him and walked out of the library. The body fell onto a trashed bear rug which soaked the blood up well.

Elias went to Fenice's room. Ne'ebo had sent everyone out, Mathilde, the pups, and himself included. Elias found his daughter and hugged her close to his broad chest kissing her neck. "I love you so much darling." Unseen by either Ne'ebo locked the door to her chambers and sat outside in the hall with the sleeping pups waiting for them to console each other as today had a special meaning. It was the day Fenice's mother had died so long ago.

He won, it wasn’t as though she was overly surprised but still it added more wins into his column. The opposite column still stood empty of any losses, something that made him the victor. No man could catch him. Even if they did he still had the upper hand, the princess in his pocket. Bouncing from the dais and into his arms she rewarded him with a kiss or two. Gala nickered for want of attention from the steed at his side. Laughing she walked the duo to the field, not allowing Ne’ebo to leave her sight (a secret instruction from her father). Fenice had no idea that her father gave the same instructions to Ne’ebo.

Sleeping in his arms was magic; even though they had to behave she waited until the even breaths of Trala hit her ears before kissing him with the passion she withheld all day. Her body reacted but her brain calmed her, time was slowly ticking away but soon he’d be hers. Her fingers clenched into his shirt front as she groaned softly, having to pull away. It was harder than she ever thought but was successful. She wasn’t privy to the information of her father meeting Winston, if so the night would have ended with blood on her sword. Fenice wasn’t as calm as Elias could be.

Her lips twitched and she moaned softly into the kiss as her eyes fluttered open. Her hands held him to her a moment longer so she could whisper sweet nothings into his ear after their lips parted. “I love you, fare thee well today my heart.” She watched him leave and felt a piece of her heart go with him. Mathilde tossed a pillow to break her trance, Fenice smiled and Trala laughed.

The days ran together, blurred in their insurmountable boredom. She spent most of her time away from the tournament unless there was a particular match she wished to see, all of which involved Ne’ebo. The shelter was her main focus; to be there she stayed close by Aaron and Trala, as well as the pups and Sir Boris. The work she did there was rewarding and made her heart swell with pride in the completion of a task.

She knew the ropes were being tightened on their little world; the unfaithful were being pulled from it and replaced. Lands and money came in; horses were roaming free in the field. Gala enjoyed having many new faces. The social creature that she was, Fenice wondered if it annoyed the steed standing proud at her side each night and morning. The thought made her smile, she thought of her and Ne’ebo. He was the large warrior and she the friendly yet protective filly at his side. Watching the female trill out a warning if another female got to close to him.

Night after night was the same, passionate kisses shared in the darkness of her room when the rest slept. Each touch of his hand caused her to tremble and each press of his lips caused her heart to swell even further. When their lips parted it was a wonder neither of them were blowing out streams of fire. She never verbalized her need, her desire or how she ached, certain he felt the same. Fenice felt bad not asking him, but to talk about it made it worse on her. She lay in bed each morning after he left burning with need, a need so strong she felt it necessary to bathe in the early waking hours. Water so cold her lips turned blue and Mathilde laughed at her. If anything the whole house would be much better once the duo was married.

The match with Winston after lunch made her sit at the edge of her seat. She had no doubt that he would win but the chance that the man would pull out a dirty trick had her small fingers wrapped tight about the small dagger’s handle. Faking a look of shock at Mayonaka’s surprise she fought back a giggle, turning away to look at Mathilde she too struggled. Ne’ebo’s grace at the situation showed a lot of his character and another reason he had won her heart. The ease with which he won surprised her; she’d thought Winston would put up more of a fight.

The days flew by, nights in his arms and days at his side or at the shelter working. She wasn’t afraid to be out and keeping her life as normal as it should have been. Her nerves were wearing raw, the date approaching affecting more than her tender emotions. She hadn’t told Ne’ebo, though she suspected he knew. Each morning he left her bed caused her to want some more time there with him, just to be held a moment longer, unsure of what the day could hold.

The second match between him and Winston made her nervous, everyone in the kingdom knew what the day was, and she spent her time in her chambers or at the dais. Many faces held a somber appearance and though she smiled, inside she was hurting. The night was upon them shortly and she didn’t eat, merely sat in Ne’ebo’s lap and enjoyed his company. Mathilde pulled her into a hug so often that she wasn’t sure she’d not climb into bed with her and Ne’ebo.

She knew her father was seeing the man this night, it made her worried but she knew her father could handle it. On the anniversary of her mother’s passing it would have more meaning. This betrayer of the crown, stealer of her life as she knew it. The door opened and she rushed off Ne’ebo’s lap. Wrapping her arms around the man she sighed, “Father…. I love you too.” The tears fell in this moment; she’d held them back until they could grieve together. She’d placed roses on her mother’s grave but doing it alone at sunrise, with only Gala as her witness. It was dangerous but no one could understand the power of a mother’s love.

She gazed up at him, “I know you do and she would be so proud of you and so happy for us…” Blinking her tears free she snuggled into his chest. He held her close and squeezed. This moment was cemented into her life forever. Their enemy gone, her mother gone, and Ne’ebo would be hers soon enough. After they held each other for a while, they parted and she called the rest in to them. The pups bounced into the room and licked both sets of tears away. She smiled up at Ne’ebo, a sad but genuine smile.

Ne'ebo, Mathilde, Trala and the pups came into the room. Ne'ebo was actually last as Mathilde was bringing a large tray of food into the room, the pups would not be stalled, and Trala rushed right to Elias hugging him. Ne'ebo hugged and kissed Fenice then took her to their chair by the fire pulling her onto her lap holding her close. Aaron and Ne'ebo had handled the body personally burying it in an unmarked grave in the few hours Elias and Fenice had spent alone.

Aaron, his wife, and other kids came into the room and settled in to spend some time with the others along with the Archbishop. Ne'ebo smiled. Now in the final ten days of the tournament with less than five hundred competitors remaining they had little to fear. With Winston dead the nearest knight in losses still had twelve. Ne'ebo seeming inability to lose had secured him the woman now on his lap in every way except the official one that he would soon. He kissed her again. "I love you." He squeezed her gently and sat back to enjoy the small party. It may have been late but the constant tension had to be broken and with the arrival of Sibohan, Boris, and their kids, as well as Kay, William, Quentin their ladies and a few others things got off to a wild start.

Elias got very very drunk and told wild and raucous stories about his early days that had everyone in fits of laughter. Aaron, Kay, William, Quentin, and Boris managed to convince Ne'ebo to arm wrestle. The issue was he could not lose. he beat them all forcing them to drink. He even beat Elias and the Archbishop and when they started ganging up on him he still beat them easily. Finally they decide dona method likely to best him. Kay gripped his hand then the others gripped the joined hands or pushed to try and beat Ne'ebo.

Ne'ebo looked around at all of them and smiled. "Have I told you guys how I strength trained?" He winked at Fenice. "I started by learning to fling my body about the jungle. Then I fought the animals within. Until I could overpower them. Even the strongest. Since then I have lifted, pulled, pushed, and otherwise powered my body until-" He tensed his arm and pulled and slammed all of them off, over, and out of the way trapping Kay's hand under his. "Gentlemen?" They all groaned and drank. Ne'ebo smirked returning to Fenice and kissed her. "You think they know that getting drunk removes most of their strength and they were holding me wrong?"

The arguing amongst the other men told them that they did not. Ne'ebo ended it by replacing their drinks and laughing with them. They kept asking about his strength but he would answer no more questions. The truth was that he likely could have beaten them all together but he could not let them know that. That kind of power frightened people. It was like Fenice's almost inhuman archery skills, Elias' bull like strength, the Archbishop's combat skills, Quentin and William's almost impossible sight and archery, and the other skills and talents around the room. The people in the room, even the dogs actually, represented the peak of human and canine potential and this pleased Ne'ebo greatly. These people, his friends and family, would be able to protect themselves and others. While he stood with Fenice watching them he smiled. He had just gotten some ideas. They had already learned his combat style. Now it was time to teach them his training style. Well actually now was the time to make sure they stopped drinking.

Ne'ebo looked around the room and pulled Fenice to her bed with the pups. Elias was asleep in his chair with Trala on his chest. The others were either in the chairs or spread around the floor with pillows and blankets. Ne'ebo kissed Fenice smiling. "Rather cozy isnt it?" He squeezed her lightly and sighed happily drifting off holding her close.

She slid into his lap and allowed him to hold her, she needed this. NO, she needed him. The brief kiss they shared was only once and her desire waned. Fenice knew that now was not the time and she didn’t want the moment ruined. The passing of her mother had been hard, she’d been just a girl and on the verge of womanhood. His kiss brought her from her reverie and she smiled at him. Caressing his dark cheek with her soft creamy fingers she whispered back, “I love you too.”

She’d barely registered the entrance of the other guests, everyone was quiet until Boris and his family popped in. The boisterous family was hard NOT to make a grand entrance. Fenice left Ne’ebo to wrestle with a soft kiss; she’d heard many of her father’s tales but loved hearing them again and again. Mathilde brought her a stein of the ale the others drank. It was strong and it helped ease her nerves, Mathilde gave her a knowing wink and was off.

Fenice dreaded the day Mathilde would leave her, she wasn’t a young woman anymore but still she had her own life to live. She wasn’t sure who could make her happy and wanted her to help when her own children came along, this was far off but still it came into her heart here and now. Downing the drink she felt it start its magical effect. Her limbs tingled as she moved through the gathered friends back to Ne’ebo. They were all working together to try and defeat him, a task that would take many more than that. His wink caused her to giggle, something she hadn’t done in a while and it felt marvelous.

Listening to him talk she was drawn back to the story, the same one that was used as a clever distraction. She smiled at him broadly allowing the brew to do its work she stood at his approach and wrapped her arms about him as she lifted her lips to his. How she felt that desire swell and rise, like the tide, but she pushed it back and attempted to contain it. She had sat the half empty stein on the table somewhere, needing no more of the brew at the moment. She sighed as they stood there surveying the group.

The others had begun to settle as Mathilde began bringing in bedrolls and snuffing out lamps. The group calmed and Boris’ snoring could be heard filling up the far corner. Siobhan must have jostled him because no sooner had it started, it stopped. Being pulled to bed, she hardly resisted. Climbing onto his chest she pressed her lips against his and fell into the moment. The softest of whimpers left her when he pulled back to speak. “Could be better…” She suggested, only half teasing. She noticed the squeeze and settled down when he didn’t respond. His even breathing moments later allowed her to know why. Sighing she settled but took a bit to fall into sleep.

Her dreams were lovely; they were in bed together but in a much less innocent situation in her dreams. Her body moved with his, sounding out in joy. The dream caused a smile to flit over her features as she slept. It seemed the entire lot of them slept until well after breakfast.

Mathilde had made sure they were provided for in the private dining room of the royal family. As people awoke she directed them silently there. A breakfast spread covered the sideboards and they ate and moved about the castle on their way.

Left to sleep Fenice felt him stir, her eyes fluttered open as his lips pressed to hers. She whined at him, perhaps the pups did to and she thought it was herself. Hand reached out to him holding his fingers while he greeted the pups. She pulled him down for one more kiss before snuggling down in the covers with the pups. He was gone, Nis and Pek following slowly behind.

Ne'ebo smiled as he kissed her then went off to check on Mayonaka with Pek and Nis following though he did fetch treats for the stallion, his mate, and the two dogs. He fed them and gave Gala a good brushing before he got the stallion into his tack. He rubbed Gala's nose. "Will you behave if I bring you to the dais?" She nodded and he smiled, "Alright let's go then."

He mounted up and followed by the trio he went to the dais, and got them into place then rode to the knight's ten to check on the listed matches. Upon checking he sighed. He had once again been matched with those on the bubble. He shrugged. After today he would see ten men out of the tournament personally and another fifty or sixty would also be pushed out of the competition. He was not really pleased with how egotistical he sounded in his head, but he was sure of it as he had already beaten each of these men at least twice each.

The boredom was eating into him again. He could not increase the number of his matches, nor could he make them more entertaining. The best had already been beaten out or simply killed. He wondered over to Kay, William, and Quentin who were making bets about the results. Of course they were betting on him and though he would not lose he wondered what he could do to gain some kind of interest in the actual fighting. The prize was priceless but he still had ten days and a wedding to complete before she was truly his and the frustration, tension, and aggravation were all combining with his high energy to make him bored. He looked at his friends and rubbed his jaw trying to develop some ideas and as he looked at them he began to smile as he went back to Mayonaka.

His first match was the seventh of the day as his speed at besting his opponents had forced the judges to alter the schedule. From now on he would face all of his opponents in the joust in the morning and then would face them in the ring in the afternoon to let them rest and prepare as much as possible. When his first match came Ne'ebo rode out on Mayonaka standing on top of the saddle and as they waited he began to dance on the stallion's back until the match began at which point he gripped the lance a trio of squires threw up to him crouched low on the horse's back and rode jumping full over the tip of the other knight's lance. He did this three times in succession. The crowd was simply roaring with laughter by this point and now he beat the man by simply hurling the lance across the field knocking him right of the saddle.

For the next three he smacked the lances out of his opponent's hands then grabbed them and bodily yanked them from the saddle. The first he set on the ground by his squire patting him atop the helm, the second, who was cursing, he threw into a large tub of water and told the ladies nearby to wash his mouth out, and the third he held as Mayonaka chased down the other horse which Ne'ebo put the man back on after makign him run beside Mayonaka claiming the stallion could not handle all the weight

The next six swore they would not be so humiliated. They were unfortunate in that they were catching the brunt of Ne'ebo's boredom but these ten had also been among those that cheated, and had spread gossip and filth about Elias and Fenice so they were also getting their comeuppance. Ne'ebo chose this time to refuse his lance and ride out to his opponents unarmed. His tactics then were impossible to see but always humorous. He dodged out of the way of one lance by laying back over the saddle, another by ducking forward with Mayonaka's neck, a third by jumping over it, a fourth by punching it out of the other man's hand, and the last two...they never got to find out what he would have done. The rules were that lances must be broken or the knight must hit the ground to win or lose. So for each of the men Ne'ebo pulled, knocked, scared, or just tricked them out of the saddle to the ground.

He clotheslined two, yanked one out of his saddle to be dropped into the sand that surrounded the lists, made a wild noise at one who flinched and fell out of the saddle, and the last two...well the first of the two he approached before the match and bet him that Ne'ebo could dismount and remount without ever touching the ground. He accepted the bet which Ne'ebo pulled off easily by getting into the saddle then fell off the side only to catch himself before touching ground and swinging his body back up to land in the saddle. He bet the man double or nothing that he could not do it and of course the man took up the challenge only to fall out of the saddle and thus he lost before even touching his lance. The second was furious at the silliness, never having fought in real battle and not understanding how Ne'ebo and so many others could demean such an honored tradition. While he was ranting about all of this Ne'ebo rode over to him and began to imitate his movements as he ranted. When he leaned down to yell at a squire who was simply obeying him, Ne'ebo undid the buckles on his saddle and the man dropped onto the ground and out of the joust.

The crowd was simply loving it and though the moves and tactics were not necessarily good form they were all perfectly legal. Elias was also roaring with laughter deeply enjoying the show. Ne'ebo and Mayonaka behaved during the break between his matches but they did draw attention by leaving the area of the tournament and went about playing a game of tag with the kids that had come to see the 'Giant' as they had taken to calling him.

When it was time for the ring matches Ne'ebo grinned at his opponents who stood together on one side of the ring. " Hello gentlemen. Shall we?" Mayonaka nickered watching them.

Ne'ebo started by planting or dropping his weapons for every match that required them. He would duck, dodge, evade, and jump over every attack that came until the opponent was steaming mad then the game would truly begin. Seven of them had decided to use weapons. The first was defeated by being tickled until he was crying and begging to be released. The second was so frustrated with the inability to touch Ne'ebo he just flat quit and was even angrier when a person in the crowd threw some fruit at him and Ne'ebo moved around him and caught it easily but with the match over there was nothing he could do. he had lost his horse, his ego had been severely deflated, and he now had to figure out how to get home. The third was the curser so Ne'ebo was nice to him. When he finally snapped Ne'ebo jumped over the heavy mid leg slash caught his head and rolled his body slamming the foul mouthed beast into the ground so hard he did not wake for two days. The fourth and fifth tried to cheat but Ne'ebo prevented it easily kicking the outsider's hand away and threw the insider out of the ring then yanked the outsider in knocking him out as he landed. The sixth and seventh both tried using wooden throwing knives but Ne'ebo just dodged them then took them out after juggling with the knives for a bit.

The last three wanted to wrestle and as a special favor Ne'ebo convinced the judges to let them attack him together. He threw all three out of the ring after a minute as they did not work together at all and they kept hitting each other. Ne'ebo rode Mayonaka to the dais where he sat beside Fenice to watch the rest of the day cuddling with the pups and looking over at Fenice and winking with a smirk."That was fun!!"

Mathilde shook her, "You getting up today milady?" Fenice shook her head and sighed before snuggling down in the covers again. The maid sighed and moved around the room. After the hard night before it was no wonder, glad for the reprieve the maid settled into the chair and dozed off herself, Etua curled up on her lap.

Fenice slept through the first round, it was a good thing since she'd have been bored and yawning the entire time. A long languid stretch and she groaned, "Please tell me the competition is over and I am getting married tomorrow... or better yet, in an hour." Mathilde's laugh told her otherwise, "Well a girl can hope..." She sighed.

After a relaxing soak in the tub and a bowl of porridge with dried fruit and nuts she was dressed and walked out to the dais. The jousts for Ne'ebo were over, but the others were still going. Gala snickered at her, Mathilde, Etua and Xar. Fenice slid her arms around the horses neck, it was an interesting sight to see her horse in the royal cheering section. Smiling at her father, Elias helped both her and Mathilde up the stairs on the dais before sitting close.

The words were brief, he asked only how she was fairing. "Better than I thought... I feel lighter but heavy... I think once I am truly his all will be well. I just wish he'd hurry and defeat them all, or better yet... would be if everyone would admit defeat and forfeit or concede to him." She laughed softly, joined by her father. He quietly told her of what she had missed, and was a bit sad that she'd missed the fun, but the sleep had been well received.

The interest she had in watching Ne'ebo pulled her from her seat and to the area where the children played. Trala grasped her hand and brought her into the game. Though she played, he wasn't her focus instead it was the littlest of the group that held her hand and made her protect them from the 'Giant'. Surprising them all she grasped the man and bestowed him with several kisses before he was called back. The children erupted in a fit of giggles before filling the first few rows again to watch their 'Giant' at work.

Trala and she made it back to the dais in time to watch the festivities. The matches went by quickly, something Fenice was thankful for. Cheering him on with Trala, her father and the rest, animals included. The wrestling proved to be the most entertaining, especially since they fought each other forgetting that Ne'ebo was their combined goal. When he tossed them she laughed, the men were so surprised.

Watching him approach she smiled slowly, letting it spread until her lips were wide in an appreciative grin. Gala let out a shrill whiny at her mate, something that made Fenice blush since she understood the cry. Her fingers wound around his and though she kept her lips to herself she imagined all sorts of naughty things that didn't. The pups were overjoyed at him being there and were quickly clamoring over one another to get to touch him.

Laughing quietly at him she smiled, "I can see. To think, only this morning I was hoping you would be almost finished with all of this. How many more days until you are mine officially?" She asked as Mathilde brought him a full skin of water and the pups a few treats as well as the horses that stood rubbing their muzzles along the other. Was it possible for an entire kingdom to be in love at the same time? She bit her lip and turned her face toward her father, well almost an entire kingdom.

"Fenice my love...I have been yours since I first saw you." He kissed her deeply then put her on Gala and before Elias could argue he helped the King onto Mayonaka's back. he whispered, "You be good." to the monster stallion then let the two horses lead the procession out to the palace while he stayed back to speak with Aaron about some matters.

That night he did not show up for dinner until just before the end and he held over his shoulders the largest wild boar anyone had seen in ages followed by a rather filthy and terrified group of children. He handed the boar off to the pages who struggled under the weight as he lead the children to the center of the table. He knelt before Fenice and Elias and spoke solemnly. "My lord and lady I apologize for my tardiness but the good captain of the Guard informed me of a disturbance on the outskirts of the city. He wanted to handle it himself but I reminded him that his excellent service was needed to help care for our dear friends and guests." He gestured at the others around and they all beamed at the words.

He touched the children who the other pages were feeding and trying to clean as best they could. "These poor children were trapped in a abandoned carriage in a ravine by yon beast. I now bring them to my liege and await their judgement on the future of these poor orphans." The children looked between the royals still frightened then jumped as Elias stood. "I will give them into the care of my lovely and wise daughter Fenice. Do with them as you think best my dear." Ne'ebo nodded and after hugging the little ones who seemed unwilling to leave him without an embrace apiece, moved to his place beside Fenice. A little girl, no older than four, with the most lovely golden hair and grass green eyes had followed him though and she tugged on his hair and whispered in his ear. He smiled. "of course little one." He scooped up the child and held her out to Fenice. The girl blushed and held out a bouquet of dandelions. "I picked these for you Princess Fenice." Before Fenice could react the bouquet was pushed into her hand, the child kissed her cheek and scurried off to join her fellows her sweet young face bright red.

Ne'ebo watched this smiling as he had not known what the girl intended but found it very pleasing leaning over to Fenice to whisper. "Soon my love we will have our own."

After dinner Ne'ebo was drawn into an impromptu outdoor chess tournament with several masters of the game who had come to see the joust. The games lasted well into the morning, by which time Mathilde and the pups had dragged Fenice off to bed once she received her hungry and longing kiss from Ne'ebo.

Every day following until the final day before the championship, Ne'ebo downed his opponents with increasing originality, wildness, and hilarity. He used his hands, feet, head, body, Mayonaka himself, their own lances, and a number of other weapons just for a start. He found a rather long robe and doused it with water and used it for a day to snatch away lances and slap knights from their saddles. He would throw it, whip out, or simply make them charge through it and then yank them bodily from their mounts. He danced, jumped, ducked, dodged, and sang his way around, over, and through his opponents. It was made abundantly clear that there was no challenge for him here and the judges had quite the time convincing his opponents to match him and despite their success in most cases, far more knights, packed their weapons and things, accepted Ne'ebo's gentle and gracious farewells and hopes for friendship and return along with valuable gifts, bade farewell to Elias and Fenice, and left the land, than should have considering the number of matches.

By the day of the championship only seven men, besides Ne'ebo, remained, and these seven were the bravest most true and noble knights of the group. these were the few who had not cheated, had not attempted to gain advantage, and fought for the prize yes but more for the honor of the fight. Ne'ebo was proud to face these men and was more than ready when the final day dawned.

All week once his opponents were bested or had left with his blessings he had gone out looking for people to help. He found this far more rewarding and satisfying than waiting between matches.

The day after killing the boar he came across an old woman who had somehow gotten stuck in the middle of a marsh. She had begged for help but when he actually walked out to her himself she began to bluster claiming she did not need aid but Ne'ebo ignored this and carried her and her things out to the safety then asked what had happened. Blushing furiously upon recognizing him she answered. "My lord, I am a herbalist and I was gathering my crop along a sandbar when the water rose and trapped me. I do not walk as quickly as I once did and..." he nodded lookign at the sandbar which he could now see and said. "Well my dear friend allow me to walk you home."

Angela the herbalist again began to bluster but He scooped up her baskets took her in his arms, put her on Mayonaka's back carefully and then walked her to her home. When she tried to thank him he shook his head. "Nay my friend. All thanks go to my lady Fenice. I ask only you come visit us in the palace with your skills and herbs at some point. We are likely to have much need of it." She stammered standing in her doorway which he had placed her in after setting her still full baskets in place inside and watched as he rode off. The story spread like wildfire. Of course everyone knew the green eyed black giant, and that he had the heart of both Fenice and Elias but his kindness was quickly gaining him the same favor the royals enjoyed. This was increased even further when Angela discovered a pair of sacks, filled with gold hidden in her herbs. He had given her more than years wages. And for no reason! She told her friends in shock and wonderment. Whoever this Ne'ebo was he was like no nobleman before him.

That same evening the African and his horse had gone far afield finding themselves many miles from Camelot when they heard several screams and a strange hissing. He rode quickly and found a family trapped atop a large boulder, their pale faces speaking of a great horror as below them a man was being ravaged by some massive lizard. Ne'ebo rode in and slew the beast before it could go any further then dropped to the ground and examined the man who he found to still be living. After giving him some water and assuring the man's family all was safe he looked at the wounded man and asked what had happened.

"Oh my friend, "Ne'ebo was only in his robes now,"We were journeying to Camelot to find a new home for ourselves when that beast dashed out of the trees and dragged my young son there, "he pointed at the smallest child whose clothes and hair were in disarray and whose face was tracked with tear stains but seemed unhurt," back whence it came. i followed and struck the beast with my staff and it released him and took me. I wrestled with it and we tumbled over the boulder. The landing broke my hold and winded me. The beast was about to tear me apart when you arrived. Thank you sir."

Ne'ebo shook his head. "Do not thank me. Thank the good lady who has brought me thither."
"Who is she my friend so I might do her honor?"
"The Princess Fenice."
They gazed at him in awe. "You serve the Princess?"
"With a full and happy heart my friends. When you arrive at Camelot find her and I assure you she will give you aid."

The family was beside themselves. They thanked him and begged to know more of him but he refused only helping them cleanse themselves and repair the slightly damaged wagon and setting them on their way. They took his advice and went right to Fenice thanking her for the work of her faithful servant who risked himself to rescue them in their time of need. Ne'ebo had once again played at the hidden benefactor as the youngest child soon learned while his father and mother spoke to Fenice. Within the wagon there lay three large bags of gold that no one had seen before.

Ne'ebo did slip into Fenice's room that night to kiss her before leaving by the balcony to sleep under the stars. He had forgotten how much he enjoyed them and reminded himself to bring Fenice out with him once they were married. The thought lulled him off to sleep with a smile and there under the moon and stars he dreamed and wished for the time soon to come when he and Fenice never need be separated again.

His adventures over the next several days were even more exciting to the man. He rescued a nun from a pack of wolves in the forest and returned her to her chapel. The presence of a man in their holy halls set the whole place on it's ear. No man had entered the chapel since the days of Arthur himself, who had indeed once prayed here. Ne'ebo had been quite impressed by this and had asked to see the chapel Arthur had once prayed in. Ne'ebo examined the place hungrily his eyes studying every detail then when ready he knelt beside the place the great king was purported to have occupied and Ne'ebo spoke to the forebear of his beloved.

"Great King Arthur. I have pledged myself to the service and love of your crown and lineage. I swear by my honor and by my swords that I will do all I can to ensure they remain upon this earth for many years. I thank you for your example and your deeds and I hope I can be a good father, son, and husband to your descendants. Thank you great warrior king." he looked at the cross overhead and dipped his head. "And Thank you oh King of Kings." As he knelt he seemed to feel a strong hand on his shoulder for a moment and he felt at peace. Then he rose and thanking the sisters he left them to find their poorbox filled with gold.

The next day he set out from Camelot, having kissed Fencie goodnight then slept in the kitchen while he cooked a special treat, cinnamon cakes, for the city, and went out to see what he could see after he had beaten his four willing opponents with ease. He came across two brothers arguing and fighting while their father looked on helplessly. Ne'ebo looked down from Mayonaka's back then spoke to the old farmer. "Sir?"

The old man jumped looking up at the African then scrambled to his feet. "Oh my lord i-"
"None of that now. Please sit yourself sir and explain what troubles yon youths."
The man tried to argue but Ne'ebo's gaze silenced him. He sighed, "My Lord-"
"What did I say?"
The man grinned despite himself. "Well my friend-" "Better." "My wife died a year ago."
"My deepest condolences sir."
"Thank you my friend." He sniffed blinked away tears then continued. "Well my beloved wife took ill and died and being good boys my sons returned home to care for me and their sister." a small girl peeped out the window then vanished when she saw Ne'ebo looking. "Unfortunately I grew ill." He expected Ne'ebo to shy away but the giant merely watched the man calmly. "Err...anyway so for several months i was unable to tend my land or crop and my boys there did right by their sister and I and handled the land well. We even turned a decent profit."
"Congratulations sir."
He smiled. "Thank you again my friend though i had little enough to do with it. But once I began to grow strong again I resumed my work in the fields. The boys were glad of it thought they pretended not to be..." Ne'ebo nodded smiling. "Fine boys indeed."
The old man beamed. "The best. Anyway as I was out working the furthest arpents our well went dry. The boys decided we must either dig it deeper or dig an entirely new one. Now they are quarreling and i am just not strong enough to stop them my friend....could I beg for the nature of your interest?"

Ne'ebo did not answer. He spied the little girl again but pretended not to see her. He bowed to the old man after slipping down from the saddle and walked over to the two boys. He stood near them a long moment listening then suddenly grabbed them both and carried them over the water tub and dunked them both into it. They came up cursing and sputtering but then froze. Ne'ebo was not threatening them. he was not even looking at them. He had taken the rope for their bucket tied it aroused his waist and as they came up he went down. He plummeted right down to the bottom of the well while above him all four members of the family rushed to the edge screaming in shock while Mayonaka grazed contentedly.

Silence ruled the farm for what seemed hours but was really only a few short minutes. then Ne'ebo called up. "Could you lower a shovel please my friends?" The sons looked at each other then shrugged and lowered the shovel as asked. Less than a minute later the shovel flew up out of the well landing off tot he side then before any of them could react Ne'ebo came almost running out of the well followed by a large bubbling of cool clean spring water. They all gasped then cheered and began to drink while Ne'ebo dumped out the foul tub water which they had been using and rinsed then refilled the tub with fresh new water. Mayonaka and the other animals also drank happily while Ne'ebo got the boys to work stoning off the edge of the well and soon the water flow was under control. While Ne'ebo drank some water himself he explained about irrigation lines and channels which the family seemed very excited about. They kept trying to sell or give him part of the land but he refused. "The only thing i ask is you give all credit for this to first the Good Lord above and second to the Princess Fenice of Camelot."

Confused they agreed and watched him go off surprised.

That evening he slept in Fenice's bed though eh came in after she had gone to slept and kissed her lightly.

The next several days he went around the area helping at every farm, household, and trouble spot on the road he passed. He plowed fields and sewed crops. cut trees and weeds, and put up fences. He helped animals and their owners with health issues and the care of the animals, treated the wounded and sick, and all in all made himself quite the celebrity around the city but he always made sure the credit and glory went to Elias and Fenice.

By the end of all these chores Ne'ebo was a bit sore and tied but happy and pleased with his work. Fenice, already exceedingly popular, was now the darling of both the rich and poor and they were clamoring for her to visit them. Ne'ebo greeted the final day of the tournament with glee. After today he would no longer have to wait for Fenice. He could have ehr for always and forever and no one could intervene. Soon...

The end of the day drug on, dinner was a slow thing that Fenice endured. Although she knew where she'd rather be, with him. However, when the doors burst open and he finally appeared she gaze him a curious look. The children caught her eye, compassion filled her. They were so small and filled with hope, her eyes flitted to her father, then Ne'ebo and finally out to the little ones before her. Her smile was soft and wide. She knew the orphan was the best place and Siobhan would gladly assist in their care. Her heart ached to have one, or to keep them all, but it wasn't proper.

She opened her mouth to speak but a young girl stole her attention and train of thought as Ne'ebo held her out. The flowers were lovely, even for weeds. "Thank you sweet girl..." Fenice said to the air as she clutched the flowers. Her eyes filled with tears at the thought of their own child, quickly she looked away from him, now was not the time to blubber over the future. So glad he felt the same, no words were truly needed to portray the need either felt.

The days passed and it was hell, though considering they moved closer to the day of their union she was a bit joyous. However, the days did not move fast enough. The kisses grew needier and she found herself biting her tongue to keep from begging him into her bed. It was horribly hard and getting increasingly more difficult as the days passed. Nights spent in bed writhing beneath the covers as she dreamed, only to wake crying because he wasn't there when she felt for sure he was. She needed him more each day.

The matches were boring save for his. The many people arriving and pledging their allegiance as well as offering their assistance was remarkable, though when they told her the complete story all she could do was laugh. Though in the end of it all she still missed him and seemed to see less and less of him.She only wished for the end to come. One morning she woke in his arms, eagerly she kissed him awake. slowly deepening the kiss until she felt the fire, but Mathilde appeared and she knew her fun would end shortly. It did, and she pouted but Mathilde only laughed at her. The laugh angered her but it burned away her desire and soon she found herself crying softly.

Finally, when the last day arrived it was as though the heavens opened up. Hardly having been asleep she was at the dais first. Trala and Mathilde watching her closely, worried she'd breakdown or combust, the gown she wore was a bright pink in color and cut low over her breasts that were edged in a creamy lace. She had lost weight, working off the extra pounds with training. It kept her busy, for which she was thankful. Blue eyes scanned the field until she saw him approaching, running she jumped off the dais and kept going until she was in his arms. "One more day," She whispered before pressing herself tightly to him, arms wrapping up and around his thick neck. Desire swelled between them and Fenice didn't want to stop, but she did. "Soon.." She whispered hoarsely, more to herself and her own benefit than his.

The final day of the tournament dawned and the seven others were terrified. Ne'ebo had gotten so bored and so eager to have done with this trivial nonsense he had taken to hurling lances, full force, at the targets in the target ranges and burying them six or more feet. And he was unerringly accurate with these spears. Today all of them would face him until they could no longer compete. It had become a last man standing tournament in the truth of it. His lack of even a single loss had him technically the champion already but such was not mete with the judges rules and decision who decided to alter the tournament for the final day.

Each man would face Ne'ebo or one another until they could no longer continue and the winner would move on to the next round which would also be today. The crowd wanted the wedding. Fenice wanted the wedding. The pups wanted the wedding. Ne'ebo wanted the wedding. Elias wanted the wedding. Everyone was tired of waiting and wanted to have done so they would have to best their opponent to continue. Each of the remaining ate were brave, though haughty, but they were well aware that Ne'ebo had beaten of them at least six times with no trouble and would likely do so again. They were even more concerned when Ne'ebo announced before anything else could be said that except for championing Elias, Fenice, or those in need, this would be his last tournament.

Every knight of Christendom breathed a sigh of relief with that announcement and with it they prepared to try to give him his first defeat.

Ne'ebo beat his first opponent so quickly no one even realized it was over until Ne'ebo had left the ring and was talking to Aaron while his opponent still lay unconscious in the dirt. The man had picked axes and Ne'ebo had broken his across the other man's face the moment the match began ending it just as quickly.

The next three matches were far more thrilling. The people loved Ne'ebo but part of them were glad that someone who could crush even their best champions would no longer be a threat to their entertainment and to their surprise he was among this number though he stated more along the lines that he did not have the time to gain such honor and fame from competing with his betters.

The first match was an epic sword duel that lasted a full thirty minutes before the winner landed a resounding strike across his opponent's chest knocking him through the ring fence and ending the match.

The second match was a rather impressive wrestling match with many throws and holds until the winner managed to snake his arm around his opponent's head and began to wrench it until the opponent screamed his surrender.

The fourth match was a joust and came right down to the wire but the winner took a page from Ne'ebo's book and pushed the other's lance out of the way to win.

Ne'ebo's second match was with this man and he actually rode against him but while Ne'ebo's lance broke clean knocking the man from his horse, the man's lance barely scrapped across Ne'ebo's armor.

The wrestler actually managed to beat the swordsman and for the first time in the kingdom's history a tournament was to be officially decided by a wrestling match. There was an hour break called as they raised the ring and everyone was given leave to refresh themselves and get eat and drink.

Ne'ebo's opponent was one of the biggest men even Ne'ebo had ever seen. His earlier opponent had been his twin brother. Both stood closer to eight feet than six and had to weighed several hundred pounds all of it muscle. They were Lord Nathan and Lord Titus of Germany. Huge blonde blue eyed monsters who loved to wrestle. Nathan was the elder by three minutes and it was he would would face Ne'ebo.

Both men marched to the ring and Nathan decided to try and intimidate the fellow and perhaps win. He had seen Ne'ebo wrestle and was sure that here he could beat the man as the last few times had been sword matches or axes as Nathan had not wanted to reveal his true talent. Nathan stripped his robe revealing a body just as bulging and powerful as Ne'ebo's and much larger. He held out a hand holding the match and left the ring and squatted then lifted two horses, one with each arm, and squatted with them on his shoulders several times. The crowd was quite impressed. Ne'ebo just watched silently.

Nathan got back into the ring and said in his thick accent. "You cannot best me African. The princess will be mine." Ne'ebo still did not answer as the bell and match started.

The two circled each other for a long while. Nathan would strike out and Ne'ebo would slap his hands away or just dodge but he was not showing his true speed. Nathan began to get annoyed and after about a minute he rushed in grappling for Ne'ebo. Ne'ebo caught Nathan's hands and stopped him cold. The crowd went dead quiet.

They could see Nathan's arms straining to push Ne'ebo. Ne'ebo's arms, always throbbing with power and thick with veins seemed motionless as a statue. Nathan was dripping buckets of sweat while Ne'ebo seemed perfectly calm and relaxed. Nathan gasped still straining. "What are you?!"

Ne'ebo leaned in a bit. "I am hers." He tilted his head toward Fenice then wrenched his hands down twisting Nathan's until they were together between his legs. Ne'ebo then heaved Nathan up and with a single grunt over his head and out of the ring ending the match, the tournament, and his wait. he vaulted the fence around the ring and rushed up the dais ignoring the man announcing his victory and swept Fenice into his arms ksiisng her just as the man said, "And the winner of the fair Princess' Fenice hand Sir Ne'ebo Fa Hargik. Knight of the lords Mtumbi and Tekono. Of Alexandria and Osaka respectively. Lord High General of the court of Elias and the new Prince of Britian!!"

Elias and the rest of the people of the dais, as well as the crowd, went absolutely insane cheering, screaming, crying, and bellowing as the bells in every church within twenty miles began to peal. And while all fo this madness went on, in the center of it all Ne'ebo held his Fenice, his princess, his wife to be and kissed her. The world could not have been quieter for him. Only she existed and only the sound and feeling of her heartbeat mattered. The wait was over. She was his.

Eager eyes watched him, each move brought him closer to his prize. His prize watched on the edge of her seat from across the field. The wedding was mostly planned, her dress was collecting dust in a hidden spot, hidden simply for fear she'd take it and run off with him beforehand. Though if she wanted she would run off and marry him in the clothes she now wore, anything to be with him. Her heart beat rapidly, excitement tinting the air around the field. Everyone was ready for it to be over and the rightful man to take his place at her side.

"Unfair..." She whispered into Mathilde's ear. The woman bobbed her head in agreement. Everyone knew Ne'ebo was ahead and none could catch him, but the judges wanted a real nail biting tournament. This is what they would get and everyone on the dais knew that Ne'ebo would not fail them now. The archbishop sat on his stool next to Elias, the king paced, long booted strides taking him first one way then back. "Father, calm yourself... please, for MY benefit."

His eyes paused on her briefly before rushing to his seat. He understood, she worried too but didn't want anyone knowing. She had faith in him, but anything could happen and THAT was what scared him. What if there was another enemy that had yet to show their face or he made a mistake and it cost him everything, what then? The thought made her color slip as her stomach rolled nervously. Each match left her gasping for air. Certain ones were quick to fight and win while others tarried and toyed with their opponent.

Soon the games were on there way though Fenice only paid attention to Ne'ebo. Even when he wasn't in the ring her eyes found his, reassuring him of her devotion, her eyes sparkled with love for the dark male. Soon, she thought silently. The last match was upon him and she rose to her feet, her hands gripped tightly by her father. She heard the whispered prayers of the archbishop as the male showed off, lifting the horses and taunting the holder of her heart. The words exchanged made her smile, he WAS hers, everyone knew it. This statement just confirmed it.

It was only the blink of her blue eyes and he was there, arms wrapped around her, pulling her to his broad chest. Tilting her head back and up their lips found each other. Fenice didn't realize what blurred her vision of him were tears, salty and wet trickles of happy rained down her cheeks. She was his. Her lips parted at his urging and she caressed his back, blunt nails scraping over the dark flesh gently. Holding him this close she felt his heartbeat against her breast, strong and loud. It matched her own as she held fast to him, not allowing one inch of room to come between them. This was them now, how it would and should always be.

The roaring of those around them was drown out by the joy she felt welling inside her. Growling against his lips as a hand tugged at her, "Mine..." she whispered against his lips as she continued kissing him. They couldn't stop her, wouldn't... she had every right to him now. Mathilde again tried but gave up at another growl, uncertain of which it sounded from.

It felt like only moments since their lips met that she HAD to pull back for air. Panting she kept her eyes closed, fearing if she opened her eyes it would all fade away into nothingness, as the million or so dreams she'd had of this very moment. "Is it truly real my love?" She asked him, when capable of speaking. Unable to pull away from his grasp, not that she wished to EVER. "My love, my heart... my warrior, my prince... my... everything." A smile graced her lips, none like any that had crossed it before. Brighter and more well pleased than ever. "I love you." Her eyes opened then, the fear gone as she stroked his hair and along his bare chest. Her body burned to be with his but she knew that time would come soon as well.

"Aye my love. It is true. I have won and now finally I am yours." He smiled back as he watched her face stroking her sides and back as he held her close. He could have answered Mathilde's unanswered question. The growl had been from the both of them. And now with another he kissed her again. He could not have her yet as he wanted her in a true bed and alone but soon. He knew that much. Soon.

He only released her this time when she needed air again. He could have kissed her for all time. At least it felt that way. That he did not need air just her lips. He looked at Elias then the others and growled again. "Can we get on with this wedding?!"

The crowd roared approval as Ne'ebo held her close. He did not want her to be taken from him. It was still just after midday and he watched her face wanting to take her now, right to his tent, shut it and make love to her but he could not and as much as he wanted to he could not. He did let her feel, for the first time as he had always been very careful to hide it in the number of ways available or just outright prevent her from being able to touch it but now she could feel the impressive length and girth of his excitement for her. He kissed her again then before he was pulled away he hissed into her ear with the voice of a man dying being taken from the one thing that could heal him.

"I love you Fenice. I am yours and you are mine. Soon I shall love you with all of me. Soon my love."

His growl of asking for the wedding caused her blue eyes to light up, as excited for the moment as he she nodded her head at the crowds approval. Elias and the arch bishop pulled Mathilde into a discussion while the duo returned to their kissing and touching. As much as Fenice wanted him, she also knew that her father and the others wanted them to be together. It was inevitable and if they didn't react soon it would be a bloody mess.

Feeling him aroused against her and for her, excited every part of her. Her body pressed herself to him, hips rocking slightly so as to press her delicateness against him. She delighted in the length and girth of him, Mathilde had it right and she had no idea what she was getting herself into. But love would guide them in their actions.

Mathilde grasped Fenice while the Archbishop and Elias urged Ne'ebo to retreat. She whimpered, same as he, craving him like a flower craved the sun. "I love you Ne'ebo... I need you more than you know... and yes soon or God save everyone that stands in the way." Her voice was a whisper in his direction before they were wrenched apart.

"Tonight," Elias stated with a wide smile. "Everyone is invited to the wedding of Ne'ebo and Fenice, after dinner we shall see them unite in marriage and in life." He patted the males shoulder before hugging his daughter and sending her on her way with Mathilde to prepare.

"Thank you Papa," She whispered into his ear and then was gone.

"Tonight... tonight... tonight.." She sang as she bounced through the castle to her chambers, Mathilde following behind her. "I'm getting married tonight!" She turned and wrapped her arms tightly about Mathilde. "I'm terribly excited!"

"I couldn't tell..." Mathilde said with a happy, yet sad expression upon her face. "We must draw you a bath and allow you to soak in the oils then we will rub you down with oil so your skin is soft and smooth to the touch. I have a few helpers working on a simple and light dinner for you. Don't need you having a belly ache and missing out on tonight."

Fenice blushed fiercely, only Mathilde could get away with words like those. "My hair shall be pinned up and my mothers veil and crown adorn my head. Have you sent a servant out to collect lavender, I must have it for my bouquet. I have my slippers and the dress. Everything is ready... except me." She blushed deeper and looked away from her maid. "I really wish Mum were here... I love you but I just wish..."

"Mathilde gripped her in a hug, "We all do my sweet, we all do. Everything will be fine, you are just feeling a bit overwhelmed and nervous. I'll give you a bit of advice." She smiled and moved away from the girl, opening a crystalline decanter she poured rose scented oil into the tub of steaming water and then crushed a few dried petals and stirred them into the mix while Fenice undressed. "Relax, your body will know what to do and he won't hurt you, he'll do everything in his power to," She swallowed hard. "To please you."

Fenice sighed, if only Mathilde had felt him then she'd know why the worry. A flash of jealousy welled up at the thought of Mathilde touching him. She let out the breath and finished undressing. Tonight was going to be spectacular.

Elias and the Archbishop went with Ne'ebo. They had many tasks to do. They asked Ne'ebo to spread the word, keeping him busy was the best. Elias had the staff scrambling into action, he did save them by having it that night so no feast would be needed. Perhaps a celebration would be in order but right now getting those two to the altar was safest for everyone. The look in their eyes alone told him that someone would be hurt if it wasn't hurried into. He smiled thinking back to himself and his own young bride, he knew exactly the ideas the duo were having.

Ne'ebo released Fenice with a low growl that would have alerted anyone that had not picked up on the signs that he was not to be stalled much longer. he loved Fenice. He had won her heart, fought for her hand, and he needed to be with her. His very soul screamed this out. Only his good sense had kept him patient but even that was beginning to falter in the light of his love need for her.

He did not tell Elias or the others but he had already invited the entire countryside to the wedding so instead he went to do the only thing eh could think of to keep him calm. Run. He was an oddity even for a warrior who kept himself in exceptional condition in that he did indeed run and use the other more basic exercises to maintain his form. He ran out of the city toward the furthest edge of forest , a good three miles, and then sprang into the trees running, swinging, and leaping through the air. He would let out whoops or other cries of excitement at random intervals and finally he returned to the city with two hours to spare before the wedding.

Unlike Fenice he had not Mathilde, nor did he want any servants so he drew his own bath then bathed himself carefully. he cleansed every inch of his body and hair applying oils that would make his skin soft and supple to the touch and made him gleam a bit. He smiled as unlike his Japanese mentor and friends he had a hairy chest and recalled the old folk tale about men with hairy chests being lucky. He did trim his hair's split ends, shaved his face carefully but completely and then he dressed in his selected kimono and traditional marriage hat. Fastening on his swords as every samurai must even in his wedding he walked down to the chosen place for the wedding and sighing stepped inside taking his place and waiting.

((The following is a collaborative post between myself and GE23... his words are in green))

Fenice stood anxiously outside the doors leading into the adjoined chapel. She heard the minstrels playing their instruments and the hushed whispers of the crowd. An excited Trala bounced her way to her. the child was decked out in a little gold colored ball gown. It matched the detail in the Princess' wedding dress, the fitted gown hung a bit loose on her but still fit well enough. In one hand the young girl held a bouquet of lavender. "I was told to give this to you Princess and that I am in charge of keeping your dress."

Taking the offered flowers Fenice smiled at the child, "Thank you, I am most proud to call you friend." Giving her a soft smile she bent down. "Now, tell me, have you seen Ne'ebo?"

The child had indeed. He was standing there at the altar his back to the door for now his eyes closed. He was not nervous but he wanted to wait until he heard the door letting her inside. He wanted her face an her dress to be the first thing he saw.

--
Inside the chapel Elias lit a candle in representation of Fenice and the Archbishop for Ne'ebo. They passed on the light, lighting other candles off of theirs in the darkened chapel. Soon the place glowed with the flickering waves from the beeswax candle. One candle stood unlit between the first two, one the couple would light together symbolizing that they were now one. Elias smiled before striding down the aisle to retrieve Fenice, a smiled was given to Ne'ebo before he disappeared.

"My child, you look so grown in your wedding gown." He stated, tears forming in his eyes. He pressed a soft kiss to her brow and pulled her mother's veil over her face. It was a thin covering and still her beautiful face could be seen. The golden crown that sat upon her head, under the veil and over a head full of curls. "Let's begin this journey, same as in life..." The doors opened and he walked her down the aisle. "Together we start, but in the end it will only be you." He released her arm and allowed her to move the few final steps to where the ceremony would take place.

Ne'ebo turned on his heel as the doors open and he timed it perfectly. Just as Elias and Fenice came in his green eyes fell on her. He stared at her in pleased astonishment. She had always been beautiful but she was simply divine now. He stared, his eyes filled with love and happiness. He did not speak just waiting as she approached not daring to blink should it suddenly turn out to be a dream.

Blue eyes shining she stared at her future husband. The joy on her face was so obvious it looked as though she floated in her gown to the front. The final steps without her father were the hardest but she understood the meaning behind it. She stood waiting for the ceremony to start.

Ne'ebo turned with her not touching her yet as was proper. He watched her closely his eyes blazing for her his face bright with his delight his smile bright and happy.

The Archbishop spoke up, a wide smile adorning his face, "Dear friends and family, with great affection for Fenice and Ne'ebo we have gathered together to witness and bless their union in marriage. To this sacred moment they bring the fullness of their hearts as a treasure and a gift from God to share with one another. They bring the dreams which bind them together in an eternal commitment. They bring their gifts and talents, their unique personalities and spirits, which God will unite together into one being as they build their life together. We rejoice with them in thankfulness to the Lord for creating this union of hearts, built on friendship, respect and love."

Fenice stood smiling up at Ne'ebo, her heart pounded in her chest. He looked glorious and so regal in his kimono. Though she couldn't help but wonder what he wore beneath it. Mentally slapping herself she forced herself to focus on the prayer the Archbishop offered over their union and the land. The people were told to sit, it was then she noticed each held a candle lit to provide the light for the room. Some torches were held to the sides by knights but the main light was those candles. She loved how her people were included, even in this.

The archbishop's voice rang out, "Who gives this woman to be the bride of this man?"

Elias spoke up in a strong voice, "Her mother and I, the leaders of this great nation do..." He was cut off.

Trala spoke up, "The people of Camelot give her to Ne'ebo too!"

Elias smiles at the girl, "She is correct... Her mother and I as well as the people of Camelot." He strode forward and removed her veil. "Your mother would be proud," He whispered placing a kiss to her cheek. He guided her hand to Ne'ebo's, "You are the keeper of Camelot's treasure now, keep her safe... that is all I ask." He sat down beside Mathilde who was already sobbing softly into a handkerchief.

Ne'ebo's eyes seemed to explode with his love for her as the veil was removed and only his respect for Elias and the Archbishop kept him back his body throbbing, visible even under his robes making his longing quite clear.

"Fenice and Ne'ebo, If you are ready to step into the holy circle of matrimony, assuming all its rights, obligations and abundant joys, please so indicate by joining both hands." Seeing that this was done the Archbishop carried on, "Do you have your rings?" Each nodded in response, Ne'ebo smiling as well as Fenice.

It seemed the Archbishop wasted no time in getting through the ceremony and he continued speaking. "The circle has long been a symbol of God. Without beginning or end and with no point of weakness, the circle is a reminder of the eternal quality of God and of unending strength. Let the seamless circle of these rings become the symbol of your endless love. Your wedding rings are most special because they say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bonded, to allow the presence of another human being to enhance who you are. Your rings carry a potent double message: We are individuals and yet we belong; we are not alone. As you wear them through time, they will reflect not only who you are but also the glorious union that you are now creating."

"God, bless these rings and the two who exchange them. Fill them with your Holy
Presence. Keep them safe in the circle of Your protection and love. Amen"

"Ne'ebo, as you place this ring on Fenice, I now ask you: Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife? Do you promise God, Fenice and all of us here that from this point forward, your arms may be her shelter and your heart may be her guide? Do you promise to support her and nourish her and to love and respect and honor her for the rest of your days on earth? If so please answer “I do."

Ne'ebo slipped the ring onto her finger, carefully holding her hands and opening his left hand so she could slip his ring on easily. He stroked her palm with his fingertips gazing into her eyes happily. "I do." His eyes promised her so much love and pleasure and the spark and flash of their touch made him growl a bit so only she could feel it and no one could really hear it but he needed her. And quickly.

He turned his attention on Fenice,"Fenice, as you place this ring on Ne'ebo, I now ask you: Do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? Do you promise God, Ne'ebo and all of us here that from this point forward, your arms may be his shelter and your heart may be his guide? Do you promise to support him and nourish him and to love and respect and honor him for the rest of your days on earth? If so please answer “I do.”

Fenice worked the ring past his knuckle as the Archbishop spoke, her shaky hands making the job harder than it was. She loved him, there was no doubt just her nerves were getting the better of her and his needy growl didn't help. She paused still working the ring into place when the Archbishop cleared his throat. She looked up at him, "Oh... I do!" She smiled up at Ne'ebo blushing.

Ne'ebo grinned and winked at her having tried to keep his finger still as she touched him, his eyes focused on her face.

Shaking his head the Archbishop smiled at her and continued speaking once again, attempting to hurry the thing along for their sake. He grabbed a bit of red twine and began wrapping their wrists together. "Now as I bind your wrist together, much like your lives will be from this moment on, please look into each other's eyes and speak your vows.

Fenice smiled and spoke from the heart, she didn't have to think it through before words came pouring from her lips, much like the gentle tears from her eyes as she spoke.

"Ne'ebo, In your eyes, I have found my home.
In your heart, I have found my love.
In your soul, I have found my mate.
In your arms, I have found myself.
because with you, I am whole, full, alive.
You provide a safe place for me, unlike I've ever known.
You are my breath, my every heartbeat
I am yours.
You are mine.
Of this I am certain.
You are lodged in my heart and you must stay there forever
I chose you for all of eternity.
I love you."

Ne'ebo smiled and said,
"Fenice, Here with you, I am home.
Wrapped in your arms, I have peace.
Wrapped in your love, I have happiness.
In your eyes I see your soul and mine for they are now one.
I live for you and your love my Fenice.
You have given me purpose and true love.
You have given me life.
You have given me yourself.
These I accept with a good will and with love as I also give all of these, all I am, all I own, and all I shall ever be or have to you.
I am yours. You are mine.
The stars shall have faded to darkness and the sun shall have burned out and I shall still not love you even a mote less than I do now.
I know my love shall always grow for you.
Because for the first time in my life I truly and totally love with all of myself.
Fenice, my princess, my queen, my heart, my life, my soul, my peace, my happiness, my all. My wife.
I love you."

The Archbishop pointed to the unlit candle and directed them towards it. Elias handing Fenice her lit candle as the other handed Ne'ebo his. "This light symbolizes the eternal flame of their love, may it never go out and always burn pure and true." He paused to smile as the two lit the final candle together then set the candles back in place watching her again. "Now that Fenice and Ne'ebo have given themselves to each other by the promises they have exchanged, I pronounce them to be husband and wife, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Ne'ebo, you may kiss your bride..."

Ne'ebo gazed into her eyes for a long moment as he slowly released her hands then brought his up to cup hers and moved in kissing her deeply and passionately but briefly. He held it for a long moment then released the kiss and breathed as he smiled. "I love you so very much Fenice. And now. I am truly and totally yours." He turned them both, careful not to stretch the binding on their wrists, and raised her hand in his kissing it as he lead her down the aisle the crowd going wild for them.

Fenice stepped into his arms, her hand tied to his clenching his fingers. The power of the kiss swept through her, it was their first as man and wife. Even the simple thought brought her pleasure and she trembled against him. The sudden ending to the kiss allowed her to hear the roar of the crowd. she stood gazing up into his lovely green eyes, her blue so full of happiness that her mouth was stretched into a wide smile aimed solely at him. Clutching her flowers she moved at his side.

Ne'ebo lead them past the clapping and cheering crowd waving at them and smiling then helped her into the carriage. It took off immediately surrounded by an honor guard. it was a light carriage with wide window openings not giving them even the slightest bit of privacy. This had been Elias' idea. he knew Ne'ebo and Fenice would not be thrilled but he could not have his daughter going wild before they arrived at their honeymoon cottage.

Fenice's confusion was shown when once they exited she attempted to draw him up toward their chambers. A shake of her father's head left her pouting , but the carriage that Ne'ebo assisted her in climbing into left her no doubt that there was a lovely destination in store for the newlyweds. Hands moved toward the wide openings, only to find that the curtains had been removed. Accusing eyes flitted to Mathilde and then her father, both laughing and waving like fools. "I want you badly my husband, I can't wait to be one with you... but it appears we are meant to wait, not even our bed shall be given us this night." She sighed and watched as they pulled away, half heartedly tossing her bouquet out the open window.

The guards surrounding them drew in more people and they seemed to line every road the carriage turned down. It was nuisance and something she was sure her father had planned to perfection. Soon however it seemed a destination came into view, something that made her sigh in relief, though her nerves grew greater inside.

Ne'ebo was indeed annoyed as the honor guard drew crowds. They went on until they were half a mile from the cottage then the crowds stopped. Then within sight of the cottage the honor guard left. Once arrived Ne'ebo helped her out of the carriage as the driver went to his place in the barn down the hill well out of hearing while Ne'ebo turned and carefully maintaining the tie scooped her up and carried her inside then set her on her feet. "So my love. Would you like to change first?"

He gestured at another tea set waiting for them but it was a Japanese style one. He was going to give her the tea ceremony. It was the most powerful image of love in the life of a married Japanese man and it meant everything in the marriage. They would have tea then they would eat if she wanted or they would make love. He wanted her. He needed her. But he had to do this right.

Her lips pressed softly to his as he sat her on her feet on the ground in front of a quaint cottage. Her eyes flitted over the lit windows as he scooped her up. Giggling she watched her rings sparkle in the light as the door was opened and closed. Upright she gazed about, though her eyes mainly focused on the overdressed male at her side. "I want to be bare..." She whispered sensually, her eyes holding his before seeing where he gestured.

Turning her head she gazed in confusion, tea was hours ago. "I have a thirst of a different kind my love... can that not wait until after we are united..." Her eyes moved over the set once more, scrutinizing it. The archbishop had mentioned a tea ceremony but it had evaded her attention until this moment. "Oh... I've been told of this... I think," She paused and sighed softly. "I can wait until we have tea, but then... not a moment longer." She let out a soft breath, "I can't change without your assistance, so I shall wait."

Moving with him, she listened closely to his instructions and sat when he requested it of her. One hand worked the red string loose, though she adored the closeness he seemed to be in need of the use of his hand. She smiled and watched him through lowered lashes.

Ne'ebo gave no reply. He also wanted to be with her. So very much. But he could not begin this marriage without this. He made sure she was comfortable then sat across from her and began to make the tea. He poured, mixed, and carefully measured out each drop until a sweet smelling honey colored mixture sat before them both.

His concentration had been so complete on making no mistakes and he had been so silent that even his breathing had seemed to cease. When he finished with the utensils he took her hands and gently lay then on either side of the cup before him then he lay his on either side of the one before her.

"This tea symbolizes our life. Our love. Us. We will aid each other in drinking it as we will aid each other in all things. This is my bond and promise to you as your husband and your bond and promise to me as my wife. We must trust each other completely." He watched her face as he lifted the cup carefully to her lips his eyes unreadable but bright as he watched her. This was beyond powerful. This moment. This time. This would set the stage for their entire marriage. Should they stumble or spill it would not be his fault. Or her fault. It would be their fault. The ceremony was about their union but not just as man and wife but as two souls, two beings who had become one. Only together could they maintain and survive. His eyes glowed at her as he waited for her to join him.

If they drained their cups without spilling a drop then he could and would take her to the bedroom and make love to her. For hours if not days if he had his way. But this came first.

Seated across from him she smiled at her husband, husband her smile flared wider and she felt her entire body tremble in pleasure. This was the man she was going to spend the rest of her life with, why then was her body wanting to rush this? Fenice let out a soft breath, calming her quivering insides. The perfect way his hands moved over the table and mixed the delicious smelling tea into the drinkable liquid before her. He had been so concentrated on mixing and concocting that she had the time to observe him without becoming flustered.

His hair was away from his face, lips pursing and relaxing as he thought about what he was doing. All too soon her time was up and his fingers were against hers, eyes moving over her face and causing her to blush. She wrapped her hands around the handleless teacup in front of him as he grasped the one before her. Canting her head, just a touch, she listened. Straightening when she saw him lift she perfected her posture.

The tea was sweet and delicious as it hit her tongue. she tipped her head back gently as he lifted the cup. Her own hands shook as she felt herself lift the cup. So intent on lifting it to his lips she forgot to swallow and she felt a bit slip around the edge and trail along her neck. Eyes wide she stared at him over the rim. She felt him ease back and was thankful as she pressed the cup to his lips. Tilting it slightly she proceeded to ease the fluid into his mouth.

Green eyes met blue and they both continued feeding one another the hot brew. Fenice found herself having to concentrate more on the task and less on what would be once the task finished. Her body burned, yes. But she knew how important this was to him and his traditions. The only other traditions they had in her country was for him to carry her over the threshold of their home, when they got there. Bright eyes narrowed and crossed to the cup pressed to her lips, the liquid within a few sips from being gone. Relief that she had not failed as of yet.

Renewed she tipped his cup a bit more, gentle but offering him to finish the contents so that they could "get on with it". It, being something they both wanted. It, being something they both needed. It, being something that caused her to lose her concentration. However, the cup at her lips was empty so she smiled widely at her husband and eased back her own hands, knowing he'd finished as well. "I made only a tiny mess, perhaps you could get it for me?" She said softly, eyes checking the cup to make sure of what she'd hoped. Standing she moved to his side, soft fingers lifting and pointing to where the tea had slid down her jaw, neck and dipped low to the crest of her bosoms on her wedding gown. "Here..."

As if he needed an invitation to touch the sweet skin of her body, let alone lick the sweet tea from it. She prayed the action wouldn't topple her as she gripped at his strong arms. Blue eyes flitted over his face, "I love you."

Ne'ebo smiled at her little game but shook his head. "i can not cleanse you here my love. i must have somewhere more...comfortable." He scooped her up and carried her up to the lavish and comfortable bedroom and very carefully set her on her feet before the bed and then cupping her face kissed her deeply his hands stroking her cheeks and neck.

As he kissed her his fingers began to slowly and gently move down opening her clothing and removing it smoothly to lay aside as he also opened his own robes letting them fall from his body. He moaned into the kiss and for the first time their bare chests came together his scarred steel hard chest pressing her breasts tightly together cushioning their embrace but also seeming to deepen it. His body thrummed as he growled for her and he let her feel his erection pressing rather heavily along most of her legs.

He broke the kiss and lightly pushed her back to gaze upon her body and growled again. "Never have i seen such perfection."

He gently pushed to sit on the bed as he knelt before her his height making this a fairly simple issue as he leaned forward and kissed her chin licking away the tea. then her neck. Both sides. Then her chest. Then finally his lips and tongue found her breasts and nipples. he suckled and licked lightly but hungrily letting her feel just how very much her enjoyed the taste of her skin his throbbing erection resting now against her shins.

He began to lick and kiss lower until he gently but firmly pushed her onto her back and trailed his tongue down as he spread her legs just as he reached her womanhood. he sniffed and smiled then kissed her there as well his tongue dipping deep into her most secret place his hands stroking her sides and breasts his finger tips dragging over her nipples. "Fenice...."

Back
Top Bottom