Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter and the Hunted

Spencer flushed refusing to meet his eyes as she sewed ,flushing harder as he hit on exactly what it was. She was indeed a virgin, a amazing feat not only in nightside, but in the fact that she lived next door to slate and tristan, two men who would sleep with her if she'd ever had shown any interest. Frowning at him hard gently pulling him to his feet, and instead of heading for the door, heading for the bedroom."NO, its not a good idea.Which is why you are going to lay down."She said settling him on the bed, before smiling slightl."I have to be good at this. Slate howls something fierce if i cause his battle wounds to scar."she said before walking into the bathroom, returning with a glass bottle, the blue liquid shifting like winter snow.

"Here.Sit up, drink."She said handing it to him."It's Winter's Dark, some of lady mab's personal potion stores.it wont heal it right away, but it will make it feel better, and it will speed healing."She said absently stroking his hair out of his face.

he smirked as she blushed, shaking his head a little. "seriously?... i mean... SERIOUSLY?" he demanded, rather astonished. "how can you live in Nightside and be a virgin?" he complained. "i was raped three times the first time i came into Nightside!.... not that i didn't like it... but still!" he complained, shaking his head as she helped him up to the bedroom. "oh come on, i'm not that badly injured... i don't need to lay down..." but he didn't try to fight her off as he laid down on the bed. "i don't mind if i get a Scar.. i have lots of Scars... people think their sexy." he purred happily as he closed his eyes. now that he was laying down, he had to admit that he was exaughsted. he hadn't gotten any sleep last night and now he was paying for it.

"Winters Dark?" he asked, giving it a strange look before he slowly drank it, grimacing at the bitter taste. "ugh..." he groaned as he laid back down, sighing a little. "why do these things always have to taste like crap?" he complained softly. "i mean really..." he grumbled as he closed his eyes again. "... i'm not falling asleep because i'm injured i'll have you know... it's only because i'm tired and i haven't slept in over twenty four hours...." he complained softly."if anything exciting happens you have to wake me up." he ordered, reaching for the blankets and pulling them up to ward off the chill of shock. now that the adrenaline had died, he was feeling cold and shaky. he always did after getting injured too badly, his bodies own defense system. "i'm just gonna... take a small nap..." he muttered softly. "jus a small one..."

Spencer avoided looking at the man, "I'm friends with tristan and slate....people figure that if I'm not doing them, then they have no choice..."She said blushing squirming a little before glaring at him."You are that hurt. You need to be on your toes if you are going to be talking to slate."She teased before sighing."They are.interesting. Now sleep."She odered smiling as he drank

"All things mab, are wintery. Of course her healing brew tastes like bitter berries and the darkest heart of winter."She said smiling a little befoore looking amused as he refused to admit he was going into shock."Just a small one."She muttered stroking his hair before shifting crawling under the blankets with him, cuddling against him to warm him up, not liking how cold he felt. The girl burned hotter than most people, so she figured being under the blankets with him was like a small space heater laying with him. Despite their earlier talk of seduction, not thinking about what it would mean to him if he woke up in bed with her.

he chuckled a little and shook his head. "no chance indeed." he muttered softly. "and i'm not hurt." he complained. "i've had way, way worse... hurt is when i can't walk... this isn't hurt..." he complained as he snuggled into the blankets and the pillows, breathing softly as he slept, his body warming to hers as she cuddled with him. despite his protests, he slept a very long time, and woke slowly. laying limp as he woke, uncertain of where he was and why there was a person laying next to him. he had a lot of sexm, yes... but he did not sleep next to the people he slept with, he fucked, then left... so who was laying next to him? was this another attempt at his life? no...." he turned his head, blinking at Spencer, frowning... confused. he was very certain he had not had the honor of fucking her... so how had he gotten into bed with her?... damn she was warm, it was so nice.

"Spencer?" he asked slowly. "... not to say that i don't like it... because i do... a lot in fact... but why have i suddenly gotten the honor of being your teddy bear?" he asked, blinking at her. "also, i feel much better now, thank you." he admitted with a grin. "whatever it tasted like, that shit worked wonderfully." he admitted with a happy sigh. "i don't even feel hurt anymore..." he lifted the blanket and then his shirt, examining the wound, it wasn't very healed, but it was well scabbed over. as long as he didn't do too much strenuous activity it would heal perfectly and without a scar. "...you know.. i've never laid in a bed next to someone else before... it's... kind of nice..." he admitted.

Spencer stirred at the sound of her name,rubbing her cheek against his shoulder, sighing sleepily as she looked up at him through half closed eyes."Oh...sorry..."She blushed shifting away from him."You were cold..and I run warm...I didn't want you to go into shock..."She muttered looking embarassed before sitting up slowly, laughing a little."Lady Mab's potions always work wonderfully, even when they don't"She said looking amused at the idea before nodding."it was."She admitted before getting up not looking at him, embarassed at how warm and tingly her body felt after cuddling against the well fit man.

he smiled a little as he was nuzzled, chuckling a little. "don't be sorry." he muttered happily. "i said i liked it." he admitted with a grin. "it's nice having someone hold me... and your cute when your sleeping." he admitted with a small chuckle. "i wasn't going into shock... for gods sakes it was only a scratch." he complained, rolling his eyes. a scratch and a dislocated rib, but he had conveniently forgotten about that. "i doubt there's a potion that doesn't work when it comes to Mab." he admitted, sitting up slowly and twisting left, and then right, checking to make sure that he could move without pain. "so, now that i'm fine, not that i wasn't fine before but now at least you won't panic all over me, whats on the agenda?" he asked, smirking at her. "am i mentally competent enough to meet your freinds now or do i need another nap?" he asked, teasing the woman. "also, i need to go to Russia at some point, i need to meet with one of my contacts... you should come with me, you'll like her." he admitted with a grin as he got to his feet carefully and stretched. "mmm i'm starving.. what do you have to eat around here?"

Spencer looked amused before blushing at his words as she gathered some clothes."You were to!I know shock when I see it."She said sulking a little before moving to the bathroom to dress, returning in a few minutes with a smile."I think you are mentally competent now. Though you might take a nap later."She said teasing before tilting her head."Okay.Well, we'll go talk to slate and tristan-they usually have breakfast together-but then we'll go to russia.We'll invite ourselves to their breakfast."She said snickering a little

he chuckled a little and shook his head. "i was not! i just had a chill, i get them sometimes!" he complained, rolling his eyes as he shook his head and headed downstairs to arm himself. he might be going to one of Spencer's freinds house, but that didn't mean they weren't dangerous, and he wasn't about to let them get an advantage over him if they decided to try and kill him... they had enough of an advantage as it was. he strapped the blades into place on his person, and snapped his bow out and carefully strung it, checking the string, and the wood of the bow, making sure there weren't any damages or cracks before clipping the bow tot he quiver, which he strapped into place on his back, both in easy reach. it would only take a second to be armed if he where to be attacked.

"well... how about YOU invite us and i'll be the unfortunate tag along?" he asked with a grin. "i wouldn't want them to kill me for being rude... lord knows they'd barley have to try to turn me into a smear." he admitted with a snicker. "i might be good enough to take on a Demi god and survive to tell the tale, but i doubt i'll ever be able to take on a Winter Knight and a God." he admitted with a shake of his head. "you know, that reminds me... i understand that Mab is a Goddess... but is a Winter and Summer knight Gods as well?" he knew there was a difference between a God and a Deity, but he wasn't sure what it was. he walked with her across the way, pondering how strong these two men where, half tempted to just wait in Spencer's house and sharpen all his blades in a mockery of pretending to have 'too much to do'... but by the time he decided to ditch they where at the door.

Spencer snickered a little watching him arm himself, but not protesting. Hell, she alays went armed with slate and tristan, only if because the two men yelled angrily when she did. "Mab is a goddess, one of the fae. The knights..."She paused thinking how to explain it."They're mortals, with a gods power, and lifespan. As long as they don't betray their queens, they are like gods....they are kindred,but not kind. They can do what the fae can't...spy and snoop and kill among the other court."She said shrugging a little as she walked inside, snickering slightly at the bladesmaster and knight. "Little finder, whatever have you brought us?"Slate smirked, raising a winter white eyebrow as he surveyed the two coming inside. Like Spencer, he was done in the colors of winter and night, a creation of Mab at her worst, in male form. He was cruel, loyal and handsome, and he knew exactly how to play the game.

(take tristan?Cause I totally see him being in love with spencer, even if she doesnt give him the time of day outside of being friends.She's sorta oblivious that way XDD)

he nodded a little. "so, as long as they aren't stabbed through the head and don't piss off their queen, their basically immortal gods... good to know..." he muttered with a wrinkle of his nose before he smirked a little. "their basically the Fea Courts assassins and judges, right?" he asked, smiling a little. "even Mab, in all her glory is bound by the rules of her making." he mused. "so it would make sense that she, and the Summer Queen would make mortal spies with which to control their courts..." he smiled a little as she just walked in, looking a little hesitant to do the same before finally following her, eying up the Winter Knight with a lifted eyebrow as he bowed to the other. "My Lords." he chirped softly, offering Tristan a bow as well, the Blade Master lifting an eyebrow.

"well at least he's polite." Tristan muttered, smirking. the man was tall, so very tall, and he had an unsheathed sword leaning against his chair that was as tall as he was... he wasn't wearing his bladed Armor though, and in fact was only wearing a pair of leather pants, no shoes, no shirt, just a pair of leather pants and a firm pair of abs. "i remember him from somewhere." Tristan muttered, his eyes narrowed as Falin nodded. "yes Sir. i took a contract from.. Slate, was it Sir? about two years ago to punish a Demi God." Tristan nodded. "yes, that's right, i remember now.... impressive that you managed to kill the little annoyance. and what exactly are you doing with our Little Finder?" "...well..." now Falin looked very uncomfortable, clearly wondering if his answer was going to get him killed and he glanced to Spencer for assistance.

(i hope you like Tristan's pic^^ i think it suits him XDD)

Spencer nodded a little smiling."They are. They are like and not like unbound but bound."she said looking amused before nodding."Though I wouldn't suggest to mab or titanna that they are bound in any way, despite having knights."She sid snickering a little as he bowed. "Hello, little hunter.Did you come to find me another missing demi-god?"Slate asked looking amused because it had greatly amused him to see the hunter again, even if his wintery grey eyes grew cold as he considered wht the mn could be doing with Spencer.

Spencer looked amused as she settled down in the seat between Slate and Tristian, for a woman who grew up around them, she was painfully oblivious to just how they felt about her. Well, at least in tristan's case.Slate had no feelings for her like that, beyond treating her like a little sister.Having lived so long among the fae that he found it hard to connect with people in a loving manner. Spencer was one of the few that had managed to touch a ice cold heart. "He got hired to hunt me.And after realizing I kept 'finding' a way to disarm his weapons, he decided I was more useful alive."

he chuckled a little and nodded. "they probobly know it...." he admitted with an impish grin before shaking his head a little, smiling at Slate as he shook his head. "oh no, not a Demi God... at least, i don't think so." he admitted with a small chuckle as he sat down in between Tristan and Slate as well, looking decidedly nervous about doing so. "at least i was of some amusement to you." Tristan smirked. "i particularly liked the part where the thief smashed your face in." the Blade God admitted, Falin grimacing. "yes... i thought you would.,.." he grumbled, Tristan smirking rather viciously as he examined Spencer without appearing to. he would never admit it, but he was very much in love with Spencer. and he did NOT like Falin coming here with her.

"...you where hired to kill her?" he finally demanded, Falin nodding. "yes, but i was told she was human." he admitted his eyes narrowing in displeasure. "and that there was nothing special about her... as soon as she stole my Bow..." he gave her a sour glare for that. "i knew i had been lied to, and i simply can't stand that... i decided she was my best option for finding out who my employers where so i could punish them for daring to lie to me. i'm not about to kill someone who's not human before knowing i'm not going to be killed for it." Tristan grinned viciously, clearly intending on trapping Falin. "and did you... hut, our Little Finder?" Falin seamed to realize it was a trap, Tristan already knew Falin had hurt Spencer, he was just looking for an excuse to hurt Falin... kill him even. "...in my defense... i thought she was human...." Falin managed to bite out. "but yes... i hurt her... i shot her three times in none lethal area's with an arrow..." and then he was on his feet, Bow and Arrows in his hands as a blade lodged itself in the chair where Falin had been sitting. "and i am now working my debt to her by providing her with my protection whenever she has to leave her home." he stated quickly before Slate decided to get in on the Falin abuse.

"I was to. That moment had to be the best moment I've ever seen a mortal fighting a demi god."Slate said thoughtfully watching tristan watch falin and spencer. The winter knight truly enjoyed screwing with the love sick god's head."He is pretty though. It'd be a shame to ruin him for spencer."He sid smirking. "W-what?For me?What.."Spencer sputtered looking startled before glaring at them going silent.

"Tristan!Trist!Stop, he's going to help me find my mother!"She scowled getting to her feet, looking like a little girl standing next to the blademaster."Sit down.She is healed, I smell phoenix tears. Now sit..All of you. No ruining my furniture.Again."Slte snarled t them all, glaring at tristan."Sit."He said putting enough command into the tone to maybe convince the younger god to sit down.

Falin actually grinned at that. "it was the most fun i've ever had." he admitted, snickering a little. "i doubt i'll ever get the chance to hunt a Demi God without repercussions again, but damn it was fun... even the three months in the hospital afterwords was completely worth it." he admitted with a grin before leaping out of the way of Tristan's blade. "Quick, for a human." Tristan growled, his eyes gleaming furiously, snarling at Slate's comment, Falin grimacing as he dodged a thrown knife, which lodged in Slate's wall. Tristan did stop when Spencer yelled at him, offering her a small scowl, but not the furious glare he would have given Slate. "and i'm going to find the people who wanted her dead too." Falin admitted simply. "and not just because they lied to me." he admitted, moving to lean against the counter rather than sit next to Tristan, who was grumbling as he sat back down and yanked his knife out of the chair, studying Falin.

"...why do i smell blood... i didn't hit you..." he complained, his eyes narrowed darkly as Falin grimaced. "son of a bitch.." he muttered, lifting his shirt and examining his stitches, which where bleeding sluggishly. "shit... i pulled out some of the stitches..." he grumbled, grabbing a napkin out of the holder and pressing it tightly to the bleeding spot so he wouldn't get blood everywhere. Tristan seamed a little too pleased that he had managed to hurt Falin after all, and he played with a razor sharp blade in his hands, staring at Falin with sadistic eyes, but he didn't try to kill Falin again, he didn't want Slate to be pissed off at him again.

"Wouldn't it be better to work together, than to fight with each other?"Spencer glared t the two meen as they still glared at each other. Not understanding it was tristan's own feelings for her that made him so grouchy towards falin.IT was going to be soo bad if the man found out that if they slept in the same bed."Go lay down.I'll sew them back."Spencer sid looking at falin anxiously.

Slate rolled his eyes at tristan's pleased look,"You, blademaster, find to much amusement in causing spencer distress."He said looking amused because he knew that wasn't it, it was just amusing watching tristan squirm

Tristan growled, annoyed as he spun a blade in his fingers, playing with the deadly sharp blade, his eyes narrowed violently as Spencer told Falin to lay down. he glared violently at Slate and slammed his blade into the table, annoyed and angry as he shook his head and crossed his arms, sulking as he watched Falin go lay down on the couch, his shirt up. "if he has Phoenix tears why is he getting stitches!?" Tristan demanded in a furious hiss. "i don't like this... there's something about that Brat, i thought so when you sent him after that Thief! no human should have been able to take out a Demi God..." he growled darkly. "he's lying, and up to something..." he growled. "even you have to admit that." Tristan growled, glaring at Slate. "he's going to do something to Spencer and you KNOW he is!" he growled before lounging in his chair, glaring at Spencer and Falin, the Hunter grimacing as she resewed his side shut. "thanks Spencer... i'll have to be more careful." he grumbled, examining his side. "i think Tristan doesn't like me." he admitted with an impish grin. "we should take him to Russia with us, i think he'd like Azra."

Spencer glared over her shoulder at tristan,"He used them on me. He did shoot me, you know."She scowled at the man before going back to her work.Slate looked thoughtful and while he didn't completely trust the man, he was more willing to see where it was going. After all, he knew just how scary spencer's god mother was, and the fact that lady leanansidhe was the lady in question, and mab's second, he was pretty sure the girl would be safe."I'll wait and see what he is up to."He muttered before smirking."Besides, do you protest because you think he will seduce her, or because he really is a threat?"He muttered.

Spencer brightened at that."Oh!Trist!You should.Come with us."She smiled t him.

don't forget Of The Realms.)

Tristan growled darkly, annoyed as he shook his head, unwilling to just let Falin off the hook. "you'll wait and see!?" Tristan demanded of Slate in a low, dark hiss. "who says YOU get to be the judgment call on this!?" because like always, Tristan was anything but fair in his judgements. Tristan was too opinionated to make a fair assessment of someone. "... i protest because he's dangerous..." Tristan growled darkly. "he killed a Demi God for fucks sake! what makes you think he won't kill Spencer!?" he demanded, his eyes narrowed darkly. "and he's fucking prettier than i am!" he admitted darkly, unhappy with that as he glared at Falin before blinking at Spencer. "sorry... go where? i wasn't paying any attention..." "to Russia." Falin stated. "i'm meeting a contact there, and since your worried about my motives i figures you and the Winter Knight would like to accompany us." Falin admitted with a smug little smirk, Tristan's eyes narrowed darkly. "a contact for what?" he demanded, Falin shrugging his shoulder. "several things. she's an informant, she's a doctor, she's a provider, she's the leading person to go to for Phoenix Tears." he admitted with a grin. "she dabbles in a little bit of everything." Tristan lifted an eyebrow. "she even has one of a kind swords and daggers..." "i'll go with i suppose... to make sure Spencer doesn't get hurt..." Tristan decided, Falin smirking, not fooled in the least. "what about you Winter Knight? would you like to come with?"

Slate smirked a little looking amused at the man's words instead of insulted."i do."He said not about to protest the man's words, because he knew that tristan was always going to get annoyed with things that concerned spencer. He knew who her mother was, had seen the myth given form, and touch the earth. He wasn't worried about the girl taking care of herself."Everyone's prettier than you."He pointed out. Before looking amused at the two's words, amused as spencer just watched them all, looking bemused at everyone's reactions."I will come. My queen will apperciate any contacts i make among the frozen north."He said standing, "Let us be gone then."He said old enough sometimes the old english came out in his words.

Tristan simply offered Slate a small snarl and crossed his arms, sulking. not that he'd ever admit to such a thing, no, never. he glared furiously at Slate when he was insulted, but despite how much he wanted to bury the blade in his hand... into Slates body, he didn't dare. Slate was older, and more powerful, and Tristan held no fantasy about surviving a fight with Slate. "i don't know if you'll like Azra much Winter Knight." Falin admitted suddenly, grinning a little. "her Natural element is the opposite of yours." he admitted, standing up, wincing as he touched his stitches. "thank you Spencer.. again, for fixing me." he chirped, smiling at her before heading for the door, blinking at her. "i don't know how to get to Russia from Nightside..." he admitted simply, Tristan rolling his eyes in disgust as he hailed a nightmare drawn carriage, paid the driver, and told him to take them to the Russia exit.

it wasn't a long ride, Nightmares where good at leaping through shadows, so only a few minutes went by before they where where they needed to be. when they stepped into Russia, it was right in the middle of a blizzard, Falin cursing as he realized they where going to have to climb the mountain path through a snowstorm. it took several hours to climb the steep path, heading right up the side of the mountain, Falin grumbling about Azra being a bitch the entire time as they finally stepped out onto a flat cliff where a tiny little house was shadowed by a large barn, both of which had smoke fluttering out of massive chimney's. "Lady and Gentlemen... welcome to Azra Fireborn's home." he stated, making his way forward and banging on the door.

the door opened with a snap, and the woman that peered out was simply... beautiful. Tristan sneered a little, as he examined the girl with her large purple eyes and hair as red as fire. "... Arrow! nice to see you again!" Azra chirped, smirking as she took in the people he had brought with. "oooh! new money! come in! come in, get out of that Cold!" she demanded, bustling them inside and flicking her hand at a second fireplace, the logs there bursting into fire at just a twitch of her hand, Falin smirking as he batted Snow out of his hair. "Azra's a Fire Starter." he explained. "humans would call her an Elemental." she snorted and he snickered, both of them shaking their heads at the human's stupidity as Azra warmed up some tea. "so what brings you all here?" "swords..." Tristan grumped. "information and phoenix Tears." Falin admitted with a grin. "information?" Azra asked, blinking a little. "well, it's not often you ask for that... and what of you two? what are you here for?" Azra asked, blinking at Slate and Spencer.

"I'm here to find my mother."She said before laughing s slate moved closer to her, the winter knight feeling over protective next to a firestarter."I am here to make sure the bldesmaster doesn't get over eager and kill Falin."He said wrapping arm around spencer's shoulders as she started to shiver,holding her against him.

Azra pondered for a long moment as she stared at Spencer and then shook her head. "i'm sorry Little Finder." the Firestarter said suddenly. "but i cannot help you, i have been forbidden." she admitted simply. "but i can tell you... that someday, you will be ready, and when you are ready, you will know everything." she admitted before turning to Tristan. "you are the Bladegod, i am surprised you have not been here earlier, i have many unique weapons." she admitted, pointing to a door. "please, help yourself, as a friend of Falin, i will let you have..." she paused then nodded. "two of the most expensive, for free." she promised before turning to Slate. "I Bow to you, Winterknight, and to the Lady Mab as well." she admitted with a small grin, giving the information on just who was ordering her to say nothing. "come with me Falin, and we'll get your tears." she promised with a grin, Falin groaning as he realized he had to go back outside.

in the Barn, there where a dozen Fire Birds, all of them sitting calmly, looking almost bored, one or two was laying on an Egg. "the thing, that you might not know about Phoenix." Azra stated suddenly. "is that their tears are very hard to get..." she admitted. "not because it is hard to make them cry, but because tears of sorrow from a phoenix, are poison." she admitted simply. "to get the healing tears, the Phoenix must cry tears of happiness, pleasure, or joy..." she smirked a little and turned to Falin who Grimaced. "... yes yes... i know..." he complained as he shed his weapons and handed them to Spencer. "hold these?" he asked hopefully before moving into the middle of the Barn, holding several shining glass Vials. "he hates doing this." Azra admitted with a smirk. "but he is very good at getting the tears... if he wasn't so good at killing, i'd have hired him for myself."

Slate tilted his head, amused that his queen had ordered a gag order to not tell Spencer. The biblical myth that was spencer's mother scared even Lady Mab and to whisper her name, was to summon the woman. Sighing as they went back outside he stood out in the snow, enjoying the wintery weather.

"What does he have to do?"Spencer said looking t Azra smiling a little as she looked t tristan who'd come out with them, not about to let falin and spencer be alone."You could go help him.Trist, go help.He shouldn't have to do something he hates."She said fussing.

Azra chuckled a little and shook her head. "oh, it's nothing detrimental to his health, and no offense but i don't think the Blade God could swallow his pride enough." Azra admitted, smirking a little. "just watch, you'll find out why Falin is more than just a Hunter in a moment..." she admitted, watching Falin as he looked around at the Phoenix, his eyes golden as he employed the use of his powers, and opened his mouth. he was... singing... the pure notes hanging elegantly in the air. he had such a soft sweet voice and Tristan looked stunned as Falin sang to the birds. "...your right, i could never swallow my pride enough.." Tristan admitted finally, a grudging note of respect in his voice. he'd never run the risk of humiliating himself in front of others like that, able to sing or not. Falin sang of hope and love, letting the birds settle onto his shoulders and arms to cry into the Vials. "because of Falin's unique ability to read, and understand Aura, he always knows what their in the mood for." Azra admitted with a grin. "he's the only one i know who can make them cry anytime he wants to." she admitted, smiling as Falin ceased his singing, smiling as he stroked a phoenix, thanking it for it's tears before stuffing the tears into his pockets and tossing Azra a bag of money.

Spencer smiled a little as she listened, her eyes widening little as she heard him sing. Shivering a little in the cold she stepped closer to tristan, huddling against the taller man's side,trying to stay warm, before finally tugging his jacket open and huddling against his side inside the trench coat.Slate turned his head, eyes widening a little as he heard the singing, lust darkening witer white eyse before smiling a little."Lady azra, you have given us a great gift. My queen and I thank you."He said smiling as he bowed his head a little, more because she hdn't told spencer about her mother even if she knew rather than the tears.

Back
Top Bottom