Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raise Up Ye Blade

"Not really much of a mood thing more a preference. " He said before shrugging and shaking his head. "In any case I wouldn't push anything you'd find weird on you." His fingers stroked along her hair "Its quite natural for you to have different things you're into when you explore thoroughly enough."

As she touched his wounds he didn't so much as flinch, his back already bore numerous scars to the point that it no longer phased him. Fresh scars however would raise questions and as to that matter he intended to avoid it as long as possible. Once she finished he stretched slightly before bandaging himself and throwing on a shirt. "It happens in the heat of the moment." He said before standing and slipping out the door as she headed to the bathroom.

Lysandra heard the door shut and went to clean herself, sliding into the tub hesitantly. She whimpered a bit at a dull throb that had begun, then grit her teeth. She was tired of hurting. Tired of getting hurt. Using her left hand, she scrubbed her hair down, then used Xarxas' soap to wash herself off. Sniffing it, she smiled. He smelled so good, she thought. Tasted good and felt amazing. It was too bad that she was going to have to find a way off this ship... She could do as he spoke of, kill him and steal a long boat. But the thought of him dead... She shook her head, wrinsing her body before starting to attempt to clean herself out.

"Wouldn't want to give him a bastard whelpling..." she murmured, standing shakily and walking to grab a towel. Wrapping it around her form, she stepped out and into his room once more, then over to the wardrobe. Digging through the clothing, she pulled out a pair of long trousers, and slipped back into her white shirt she had borrowed.

Tying the pants with a hunk of rope she found, Lysandra looked for some parchment. She walked over, grabbed a quill and some ink, and snagged some paper from his desk. Nothing to do but draw... She decided. But thinking on what to draw... She sighed. And started in on the first look of their ship as she was aboard. With talented fingers, she drew in extreme details the railing, the individual flooring boards, his cabin door, and him. Standing in front of he with his crew.

A nasty sneer across his face. If he had to bring her onto the deck again... He would turn back into that man. But he did have a point. She was lacking in areas. Perhaps she could just slip out for a brief moment to watch the crew, see how she could improve her own's lives...

Tying her hair up and digging for pins, she hid her hair under a bandana, rolled the clothing and left the shirt loose to hide her breasts. Give her a slight chance not to be noticed as quickly...

Stepping to the door... It was locked. She growled, pulled a pin from her hair, and a few seconds later heard a satisfying 'click' that marked her success. Stepping out, she leaned in the dark and gazed out over the crew, watching in fascination at how they acted. Different from her own. There was no welcoming of the captain. No joking or camaraderie towards her. But here... Maybe she should begin to make the men as profitable as she was.

"So, you've fallen for the girl?" Asked his first mate as he slipped out the door. "How long have you been standing there?" He asked the man without glancing up as he turned to walk. "Oh long enough" Came the retort as the two men walked down to the galley together. He piled up a tray with eggs, cheese, fruits, and bread before looking back at the older man. "I haven't fallen, but yes I do like her." Men cheered as he passed, a few stopped to speak with him. All respectful but jovial. "She know you gave her crew enough provisions to make it to land and treat their wounded?" He asked before picking up an apple. "She doesn't need to." Xarxas replied with a sigh before picking up a carafe of squeezed orange juice. "I suspect by now, she's limping her way through the ship, I guess I'll have breakfast alone." He said with a snicker. "Tell the men to ignore her." He added before he headed back. "We should be home by nightfall, I'll eat then we will have rounds and the like."

His men for their part could instantly spot an interloper. Ben walked among them quietly whispering instructions before he headed back to his own cabin. The men ate quietly for once not making a sound knowing they might be being watched. Several were above and below decks practicing their sword craft with each other. A few others cleaned while still more were in the rookery handling mail, a number of large ravens flew off from the ship every few minutes. Wherever she'd go she'd just see men going about their daily tasks as they always did, except, without talking. They smiled and nodded, and spoke in whispers to one another rather than their usual loud bawdy voices. However this was how things were, everyday, in and out.

Xarxas for his part returned to the cabin dropping off the food quickly and found the door open. He ignored it and merely sat to eat at his desk leaving the door open. A young man swooped in scooping up his linens and then into his closet to collect his clothing. "Morning captain." He said cheerfully. "Morning Pip" Xar replies with a smile. "If you happen to pass by the armory, tell them small lock, they'll know what it means." The young man flitted off down the hall and down stairs. Seconds later he was passing by a large steel door and peeked his head in on two particularly large men surrounded by various weapons and firearms. "Capn says small lock." He pipped before slipping back out.

One of the two nodded,burly arms crossed still across broad chests as they looked to one another. One with a fierce mane of a beard and hair, the other completely bald but their faces rather similar marking a relation. Slipping out of the room the two walked to opposite ends of the door and closed it. They locked it from two separate locks at the exact moment before walking off. Two heavy bolts were now in place at both sides of the door, the locks ceasing up if not both unlocked at exactly the same moment with a rather small intricate key each brother carried about his neck. "Think it that woman?" Beard said. "Must be" Bald said.
"Food time" They chimed in unison before walking off.

She wandered for a while, finally working up the nerve to move from her spot. Walking over by the men working with their blades, she smiled a bit. Seems Xarxas warned them of her being out and about. They were nearly silent. Slightly annoyed, she took the wrap from her head, her hair still pinned up so it looked similar to a shorter length. She stepped to the side, leaning against the railing and feeling the wind in her face. Closing her eyes, Lysandra thought of the ways she could escape easily.

Xarxas drugged himself to sleep. So he slept hard. It probably would be easiest if she got on a long boat then. Or waited until they made port. Sighing, she lowered her head to her hands and stared out at the sea with a more relaxed position. "Damn it all," she growled, suddenly frowning. Her stomach was making it's complaints this morning, heard easily by anyone nearest her. But likely if she went where she smelled food, the captain would be there. Better to just check the ship out she decided.

For a few hours, she looked around, men still avoiding her. That pissed her off, not used to being the ignored. And these clothes! She would have to tighten and shorten them if she didn't want to feel like a walking fabric heap. For that, she would breeding thread, needles, and a blade. Lysandra attempted to find the room with their doctor, but instead stumbled upon a metal door. With twin locks.

Confused, she tapped her hand on it softly, then looked the locks over. It seemed to be a double locking mechanism, she thought. And would need to keys to open it. If it was to be opened at the same time, then that would prove a problem... She then grinned. Armory. Of course. As if she needed their weapons. She had her own.

Kicking the door for good measure, she turned to search for her supplies needed to fit the stolen clothes to her body.

He waited for some time, the boy returned and spread clean linens on the bed and dropped off his previous laundry from the day before. The skipper came in and they discussed future courses for the ship. His first mate arrived they had brief conversation about his intentions before the older man left laughing loudly while Xarxas stewed.

He made his way upstairs and saw a few crewmen and nodded to them. "Sir...your woman's running about the ship like a rat looking for food." A pale skinned, blond haired older sailor quipped. "She creeps about pouting something fierce dartin to and fro." Sighing Xarxas hung his head. "I know, thing is she's being completely ridiculous about this whole thing but I guess she'd rather scout around and feel like she can escape rather than having to be rescued." Fidgeting the man looked down before making his reply. "She headed downstairs..to the armory..if she sees. " "She won't" He replied curtly before he turned and walked off. "Inspection in ten minutes." He added before he quickly walked off.

He ran his ship's maintenance , all the men were disciplined and sorted. They were pirates, but they were among the best that had ever been. He made his way down and stopped as he saw her before he grumbled to himself. He watched her kick the door and stepped forward. "So...if I give you a thumping on behalf of my precious door would you protest?" He asked while looking to her. "I give you hospitality, and you repay it by thinking me so stupid that you could sneak about my ship. One, this crew is only sixty men, they all know each other in and out. Two, I've had more than one man talk about how you're peering about like a spy, if you wish to know something, maybe it should start with asking. Three, my first mate has told me of several things pertaining to this situation, the simplest way to solve it is still my original plan, but....you can go if you wish." He haltingly.

He then turned and walked away, he didn't care to hear her reply, his men were already asking questions. The tone of voice carried was the kind of thing that lead to them questioning orders, he would not have her presence lead to insubordination.

She started, eyes dashing to him. Smiling a bit, she shrugged. "I was just looking for the doctor, so I could borrow a needle and thread." she explained, tilting her head as he spoke. "I don't think you're stupid..." she spoke, but was interrupted as he continued. She frowned. "I didn't k is if I should ask, they aren't speaking in font of me-" another interruption.

She crossed her arms. Then stilled. She could go? At the moment they were at sea, and she had no map nor ship to return to land with. She bit her lip and refused to call him back. Finding a crewmenber, she hesitantly asked where she could find thread and needles, gathered her supplies, and retreated to the captain's cabin.

Sitting on the bed, she relearned her hair once more and began to pull the pants off. She sliced at them with one of her blades, then shrank their size down. Hours passed as she worked, and she eventually slipped the tailored pants on and her shirt off so she could fix that at well.

She ripped the bottom half off, cut the sleeves, and sliced the back so she could tighten it. In the end, it looked pretty good, the white fabric showing her trim middrift, unbuttoned to show her ample cleavage, and note no sleeves. Looking at her reflection in a window, she turned this way and that, smiling slightly.

Now all she needed was a second opinion. Which she had formerly. Gotten from Kaiden. No Alek. She frowned, an ache beginning in he chest. She shook her head. Didn't matter. She should have expected something similar. Letting out a harsh breath, she realized her arm was beginning to throb, and looked at the burn. It was a wicked red, and she winced. Grabbing a cloth from the shirt, she slathered some cooling ointment on it and wrapped her arm.

Then proceeded to walk the deck, and asked a man if he would mind her watching his play fight with another.

He moved about the ship slowly called inspection, went up and down the ranks checking on his men. He checked riggings, cannons, swords, everything from top to bottom. It took several hours to look over and catalog everything but his men were free to move about once he had finished inspecting them individually so it didn't slow down the ship. It wasn't like military inspection, they didn't have to be clean or wear uniforms, they merely had to be unharmed, staying in shape, abreast of their skills and keeping their stations in order. He had a map and schedule in his head of every inch of the ship, who, what, and how it was worked or worked by and when they could be found there.

He made his way eventually back to his room and found scraps of cloth all over the floor before he shook his head. He had women's clothing down in storage, it wasn't the first time they'd had women on board but he'd let her play her little game. Sitting he drafted a few notes before a raven came in bearing a letter. Pulling it free he looked it over and shook his head. "So..that's his answer." He said before he tossed the letter to the desk, the bright gold seal of the "Midas of Pirate Kings" glimmering in the light. She could read it later.

He stripped down soon after and closing his door he slipped into his tub room to wash himself and then dressed once more. Slipping back out he headed for the main deck.

The man turned to her as she addressed him and his comrade. He was going to answer till he heard her say "play fight." Turning away from her and muttered. "That's why your men lost." before continuing. The two men fought at rapid pace with steel blades sparking and sliding off with each hit. While the blades were dulled they could still damage and break bone. They would continue until one of them yielded as was custom.

"Its not playfighting." Xarxas said as he stepped up behind her. "My men practice, and hone their craft, while yours practiced when they felt like it. We have contests, rankings, and incentives. My men have discipline." He simply said before he walked past her. "Your father has said to give you back, or he will attack, there will be no negotiation." He simply said before he shrugged.

She started once again, then turned to face him with a withering glare. "Could you quit sneaking up on me?" she snapped; then listened to what he was saying. "I see..." she said, thinking. She didn't snap with anger this time, but thought of how she could start to implement ideas from this onto her own crew. Her eyes turned buttery soft as she thought, and she smiled.

"My men had less disipline. That's true. Maybe I should fix that when I get the chance. " she mused, stealing a glance to the fighting pair. "That's food for thought-" she stilled, looking back at him with shock. "Attack? No negotiation? That can't be right..." she turned, running a hand through her hair. "Then you must send me back." she said, looking his way.

"Its my ship, I can move about it however I please." He said to her coldly before he shook his head. "You should learn some respect as I've said before, lest I have to teach you some." He kept his voice low so as not to have his men knowing he was there. He had purposely kept far enough behind her and quiet enough that they didn't look over to see him as they were completely focused on one another. "This is my ship, I can't have my men thinking people snap at me like I'm a child and get away with it."

"I don't have to do anything, I can take your father in a fight, I just have no guarantee someone else will not attack me while I am recovering." He replied before he turned his back to her. "Why should you care, from what I hear you've been peeking around looking for an exit, so go." He simply said. "We make port in a few hours at one of my bases, you can have a boat and some provisions and see if you make it back to the man who'd rather risk me killing you than give up the key for a chest he no longer possesses."
He said simply before he walked away.

She felt cold. He was dismissing her. Off his ship and out of his life. After the fact she knew he didn't want his father's wishes. Didn't care for her at all... It still hurt to be cast away like that. So. It was fuck and leave? Is that how he wanted it..? She let out a small breath that caught on a sob, and slowly made her way back to the cabin. Where she cleaned up. She shook her head. He wanted her to go. She wanted to go. Or did she..?

Of course she did! He had broken her wrist, burned her arm, and given her a limp that would last for several days. With a small smile as to how she got a limp, she faltered. She didn't want to go... Not when this was starting to get interesting... But would she rather risk him being hurt by her father..?

Tears fell from her eyes to wet the floor beneath her, and she growled, slamming a fist into the wall. Then promptly yelped in agony as her writ made a nice little snapping sound. Of course she would have made it worse. She acted rashly all the time.

Walking to the desk, she pulled a piece o paper out and pulled her key off. She found a piece of charcoal and made a rubbing of the key. Which indicated onthe back how to twist and pull pieces into the correct sequence to open the chest. She folded it and hid the paper under the matress.

Of course... He should find it eventually. But for now he can go ahead and stay in the dark. She slid her key back around her neck and laid on the bed.

He watched her for a moment before he left before he walked away. He didn't want her to go, but her disobedience, her searching for an exit all seemed to indicate she wanted to. He wouldn't stop her. He'd not have her trying to escape and getting hurt or hurting one of his men in her endeavor. He made his way about the ship and eventually back to the galley at dinner time. He'd lost his appetite for a bit. As what was now coming to be per usual the cook had two bowls filled to the brim with hot lobster bisque and various vegetables off to one side. He picked up the tray quietly thanked him and returned to his room.

Walking in he saw her on the bed before he placed down the tray. Closing the door he locked it before looking to her. "Do you wish to go?" He said slowly. "Because I will not ask you to stay in front of my men, I will not be bent to the desires of anyone." He said simply. "Not again, my life is my own. I like you, I do, possibly more, but if you will not listen you cannot stay." He said simply before he returned to his desk. He saw the charcoal on the table and the papers scattered about but ignored them. Tossing her the letter from her father he began to eat.

She shook her head, knowing if she stayed he could be killed. It didn't matter if she wanted to stay... "I can't..." she said. "But I wouldnt have bent you to my will..." she said. "I never try to force anyone to do something unless they mean me, or one I care for, harm. " she never mentioned if she wanted to stay, or go. Not looking, she felt her eyes tear up.

"I will follow your rules until you dock. And I will go to my father..." she trailed off. She needed to stop that man.

Her shoulders shook. "And I would appreciate you not lie to me. I know how much you dislike me. I know how disgusted you are with a woman such as me. So don't... Don't give me dishonesty. "

He placed down his spoon abruptly before he smiled. "You can, if you wish to. I have enough men in your father's ranks to sink half his fleet before he even amasses them and many of his ships are old junkers. My father and I aren't as rich as the other lords not because we are less able, it is because we do not hoard. We modernize." He said slowly. "We don't use weapons we take, we melt them down and refine steel to make new ones. We pay our men well, we train, we work." He said with a smirk. "If your father wishes to attack, let him." He said before sitting next to her.

Taking her hand in his he sighed. "I have no intention of sending you if you do not wish to go. We will dock, and we will plan." He said simply before he stroked his fingers along her cheek. "I need to prove to the other pirate kings its not about money, its about what you stand for and who stands with you." His fingers brushed back her hair before he sighed.

"You stood up to me, you were willing to sacrifice for your men. Though they weren't long you crew you were willing to lay down your life for theirs. That says volumes about you. You are strong, beautiful, and cunning, you aren't my match with a sword but it doesn't make you my inferior." Stroking the back of her hand with his fingertips he smiled to her. "Its a matter of pride, my ship, my rules, i cannot have my men doubting me for even a second." He added before he stroked her hair back from her eyes.

She listened as he spoke of staying. Listened to his profered solution. And sighed. Her father may be cheap. But he was cunning. And cruel. Sink all his ships, he'll gather what men he had left and use longboats. But... She rolled towards him. Looking up, she scooted back as he sat. "I don't wish to leave..." she said hesitantly.

As he took her hand she smiled slightly, then closed her eyes to his touch. What was wrong with her? She was supposed to be mad at him... She sighed and shook her head a bit. "I had never thought about that..." Her words were shaky. "I'm as bad as my father when it comes to hoarding wealth..."

As he spoke of the qualities in her he liked, she shook her head. "I did what need be done." she said, sitting up and facing him. "And perhaps one day I will be your match... But for now you've no ability to dodge my blades. Or bullets." She leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. Then left the bed. Looking at him, she crossed her arm over her nearly exposed bust. "And I should have thought if that. But if you believe I'll stay here until after my father leaves, without either disobeying, leaving this room, or pissing you off again, you've gone mad."

He laughed softly as she spoke before he shook his head. "Years ago..your father and mine came to a head. Your father sent out twenty ships, my father sunk them with five and told your father if he wanted the two hundred and such men he had prisoner he had to send him a gold coin per man. Your father's reply was that men came and went, but gold was forever. You're not like your father." He said slowly before reaching out to cup her cheek.

He slipped a hand into her belt loop and grabbed it pulling her forcibly into his lap before wrapping his arms about her. The cabin being small didn't allow for much room for either of them to move before he whispered into her ear. "And if I told you there was nothing to be had when your father got here? If I told you the secret of how my family amasses so many high quality men, ships, and steel?" He asked her slowly before trailing a finger along her cheek. "If I told you, we'd not be here." He teased before he gave a soft laugh. "What if I were to say that you and I would be spending time together far away from here, on an island in the sun, with no one knowing, besides you an I?"

She trembled under his touch, her eyes sliding shut. He acted as if he really cared for her. Why? Her head spun as his hand trailed over her golden skin, lShes fluttered slightly as she curled her face into his caress. At his question, she chuckled huskily. "I'd say you're mad. " she said calmly, eyes opening and her pulling back.

His grip prevented her from leaving his lap, and where he was concerned she didn't feel the insane urge to move anyway. She relented and buried her head in the crook of his neck, holding him tightly. Hd had woken this morning speaking of his death at her hands, and soon that may be true. It would be her fault if her father found them. She didnt quite think about his words. Just remembered what he had said Midas would do when he got to him.

"I would say let's go. I don't wish to be here when father goes through..." her words cracked a bit, and she bit her lip in embarrassment. But she didn't let go.

He smiled and stroked her hair holding her close and running his fingers gently up her thigh before he rested it on her stomach. "You and I are going on a bit of a, vacation let's say." He said to her slowly. "It will be just the two of us." He added before kissing her cheek. "I need you to trust me though, the ship will make port, we will get off with some of the men, the ship will leave. The two spies your father has aboard will not know we have left. Ben will run the ship saying I am ill and keeping my prisoner in my cabin. He will take the ship south, and turn it over to one of our main ship wrights who will work on it with a crew. Once we are sure the spies have sent word we will kill them and leave that particular cove as its worthless. This ship's bottom is shallow, and so is the wright's current harbor, any ships that come to explore will run aground easily." He said softly.

He ran his lips along her neck before he kissed a trail up to her cheek. His fingers relaxed about her before he rested his hand on her thigh and leaning in he nudged his nose to hers. "Don't be upset darling. I've been planning on how to counter your father for long before I sought your hand. He threatened my family one too many times and while my father wanted to live in peace, his time is over." Slowly moving her from his lap he moved back. "I care for you....I have for..years..I was on a ship with you...I would change disguises frequently. I...I loved you" He admitted as he got on his knees before her his head in her lap and his hands on her sides.

She was tense in his lap for the longest time, her heart rapidly beating against her ribcage. But as he gently let his hands roam over her, his touches and words soon soothed her body, her muscles relaxing. "The two of us?" she smiled gently and faced him, her brown eyes glimmering warmly. ""I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I've never really... Taken a vacation honestly..." her face faded from her calmed expression into one of tight regret. "I've spent all my years trying to prove myself to others that I've never taken my own time..."

She sighed, closing her eyes. "So you have the same policy as me. Spies die. Sounds like I made a good choice with that one..." she spoke quietly. "And where we're going... Sounds safe enough. But the trusting you part is the one I'll have trouble with. How do you know for sure that they won't find out you left the ship?"

She was melting into his affectionate caresses, a small purr like sound emenating from her throat. But as he moved from behind her to sit on his knees and look her in the eye, her face began to pale. His words gave her a sick feeling in her stomach that she recognized as shock. Putting her hand on his head, she swallowed harshly. "That's unexpected. But now that you know me in person... It's nice to know I don't live up to expectations." she said softly, a sympathetic smile in her voice. She hadn't missed the past tense of his words. Whenever anyone truly met her... They didn't think much of her. "Must be my charming personality," she joked, pulling his head up and grazing her lips against his.

She then gently pushed his head from her so she could leave his room. She needed to walk. Badly. So she did. Stepping over the pale wood to the railing facing the sea, Lysandra closed her eyes, tilted her head back, and took in a deep breath of air. Letting it out, she leaned her head down on her arms and let her tears fall silently.

She had lost her crew. Her only friend among them had just faked his care for her. Her ship was lost. Her father on a bloodlust. Oh, and she had been captured, wounded, scarred, and ridiculed. And now this? The man she had been hurt by and her ego taken a blow by, he wasn't a monster. He not only wasn't a monster... But he supposedly cared for her. And used to love her.

"Gods take me now!" she growled, confused and hurting. She had snapped her wrist clean through, and probably cracked something else with her punch, her head was pounding, and her heart ached. "Why can't I meet anyone's expectations..?" she asked with sorrow.

"Its not that hard." He said to her slowly as he stroked his fingers along her neck and down her back before pulling her closer. "IT should be easier to deal with over time." He said before he shifted back to look at her.

"They're not my men, never have been, all the men know who they are, and tell them only what we want them to know. They aren't allowed access to several areas of the ship thinking its just because they're new. We find their ravens and examine their messages before they get to your father when we can, change them as we will, let some slip through." He said softly before he sighed. "Many of the men the past few weeks haven't seen me, the current rumor is that I lead raids but am ill, I will be taking up my cabin, along with my prisoner." He said with a snicker. "You and I in the meantime will leave via window. They won't know we are gone till about a week after they leave port and I am to do an inspection. Rather Ben will do it, and call them out. The men have wanted to kill them for some time, one's a niggardly coward, the other is a cheat, not very endearing."

He didn't follow her, he simply sat on the floor drawing his knees up to his chest and waited. He didn't care who saw him, most of his men knew his history and wouldn't judge him in this moment.

However another figured stepped up behind her. The large man with white hair tutted his disapproval of her before he sighed. "You almost kill my boy, now you go breaking your wrist, such a shame." He said in a slow deep rumble of a voice. "I was waiting for you two to finish so I could come in, but I'm guessing from the way you stormed out he told you. So let me tell you what he won't...what he's scared of telling you." The old man settled down on the railing next to her and lit his pipe before beginning. "Xarxas's real name, was Acton Blackwell, the second. Named after his grandfather he was born to Mia and Thomas Blackwell. Thomas better known as the pirate Blackwater, never wanted his son to be a pirate, he paid off a governor for a small holding, his son was to be a land owning merchant. He was to live in a large manor and be respectable. Blackwater set up everything, but when he sent for young Acton, he was taken by men who had been offered far more by your father. Well in particular two men, who betrayed and killed the others sent to fetch him then made another team." He paused momentarily taking a puff of his pipe."We found him, several years later. He wasn't a real person anymore, he was a beast who only knew rutting and violence. The she devil we found him with had his mind addled to the point of madness. He was kept with a thick chain about his neck day and night and used for her pleasure, or for her experiments. Hand him a sword however and whatever you set him at would be savaged to the point it was unrecognizable. He didn't even speak. " He added before he shook his head. "He was recovering, slowly, till one day, he was in port, and passed by a girl. He merely whispered "pretty" much to his father's delight. First word he'd said in many months. Can you guess who that girl was?" Ben asked slowly.

She froze as she heard another speaking to her. She closed her eyes and stood, wiping the tears from her golden skin. Looking back to the man beside her, she leaned a hip against the railing and glaring at the man before her. "Acton Blackwell..?" she asked with a scoff. "I know he was used. But I didn't know the extent. I doubt he would dein to tell me."

She shrugged as she listened, her features set in a bored, uncaring mask. But inside she was breaking. Her heart ached for the man he spoke of. And she was beyond surprised about the fact that he had made his recovery at all. His seemingly uncaring expression when speaking of his past was a simple facade, she guessed. Because nobody could live through that without horrid mental scars.

But why did it endear him to her more, she wondered.

At the question given to her, Lysandra shrugged. "I don't know. I doubt I would find out in my own way, though, so who?" she asked, looking the male over. Her eyes had gone dark with they at Xarxas- no. Acton's treatment. And the fact he treated her the way he did made her soften even more. If not for her curiosity, She would run in and hold the man being spoken of. If he would accept it... Has anyone shown him sympathy, acceptance... Anything for his troubles? Of course they did. His father, and obviously this man must have...

From what she remembered of Acton's father, he was a kinder man than expected. So, he must have held his son in sympathy and protection. "I'm sorry for my tone. Who did he speak that of..?" she said kindly, giving up her mask and wrapping her arms around her waist, looking down to the side.

"Oh its more so he's afraid you'd see him differently, that you'd pity him. Think him damaged and not want anything to do with him." He said slowly "He probably told you something along the lines of you being the only woman he's slept with on this ship, he didn't mention you're the only one ever that he's actually consented to. His father feared him damaged" He added before he shook his head.

"The lass was you, tis why his father took you onto a crew. He stayed rather close by, lad was rather good at hiding himself. We thought he'd work up the courage to talk to ye, but he was powerful shy. However he began to grow as a person however, he spoke more, took to reading, educated himself in several areas. So Lord Blackwater kept you nearby, something to motivate him as it were, and motivate it did. Till one night he came into the cabin happy as you please, wouldn't tell us what about. Soon after there was a bit of unpleasantness, I wasn't on the ship for it, his father never spoke of it. But he clammed up again. Didn't say a word when you left for a few weeks. "

Taking another long drag the man looked off in the distance. "When he did come around again, he went even harder at his studying, books, sword craft. All them scars you see, those are from when he was a kid, I've never seen anyone land a blade on that boy much less give him a wound that would scar." He added. "All for the sake of a girl. So his dad came upon a plan to arrange a marriage. We told the boy your father said no, that dagger you have there, its part of the wedding dowry we paid. Your dad sent us back the other one saying he was keeping the gold and he wanted double to guarantee the wedding. Blackwater was furious, but your dad said he'd rather kill you than give you up. So we came to an impasse. "

Knocking his pipe clean on the railing he turned his back. "We forged your pa's signature and crest and the like and well, you know the rest. Well, the rest as he sees it." He said slowly. "Boy didn't want his crew thinkin he was soft, but also your dad's spies were watchin, what was he to do? Disarm you and plant a kiss on you?" He said with a soft laugh and a shake of his head. "No, he had to make you look beaten. But really, he's beaten, he's just a boy, trying to get with a girl, and that's all he cares about, he won't say, he'll try to avoid it. Oh lord will he try, but he wants it so badly he can't see any other path but this. Maybe it'd be in his interest if you let him go a bit, because if you leave him, he'll survive, but won't be much left."

((fourth time I've tried to send this post >.<))

She shook her head, moving from the railing and running a hand through her hair. "I understand that..." she said, closing her eyes and tugging on her hair. "But if he knew me at all... He would have figured out that it would't affect me." she sighed. "But we don't know each other... And I wish we did..." she trembled slightly, crossing her arms over her chest.

She listened to him speak, flinching as he told her of what her father said. Kill her instead of give her up? She glared at the sea. "If he starts anything... I'll be the one to end him," she said calmly. "Because he has ruined the lives of too many of us for absolutally no reason."

A surprised look came over her face as she heard him mention disarming and kissing. He had wanted to do that..? She shook her head. "Surely you jest...." she said quietly, then flinched when he mentioned her leaving.

"I don't wish to leave... And will only do so if he is to be hurt because of me.. I know you don't know me... But you can trust that." She looked him square in the eye before placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Thank you..." she said, then hurried towards the cabin.

Slipping inside, she stepped over to kneel beside him, resting her head on his shoulder. "What is your real name..?" she asked quietly, wanting to hear him say it. "And can you trust me when I say while I don't with to leave... If I have to I will be back?"

"He knows you better than you think, he sees your compassion, your heart, but he doesn't want you to feel sorry for him. He wants to win your heart on his own, but he will make mistakes. He's never been in a healthy relationship and as such there's much he doesn't know." HE said slowly before he shook his head. "Much he may never know." He continued slowly.

"He's going to try and kill you if only to prove that what is his can't be taken from him without his permission. You will become an example that he's not willing to part with anything unless its on his terms." The man said slowly. "You'll kill your father? They say kinslayers are cursed you know. He wouldn't let you, and believe you me, had that boy wanted to kill you, all he had to do was let his body do his work for him. You'd have found yourself with a machete biting deep into your neck and your head sailing over the railing into the sea had he wished to hurt you back then. He's learned the concept of mercy, but when he practices it, its mostly him acting."

"I don't jest, he feels four things, concern for his men, love for me, love for you, and complete and a terrifying distance from everyone else now that his father is gone and he's found himself in this situation. He's a monster trying to be human the way he sees it.

Xarxas sat on the floor still staring at the wall when she came back in. As she kneeled beside him he closed his eyes. " I see Ben can't keep his mouth shut." He said slowly. "I am Xarxas, Acton Blackwell was raped and murdered a long time ago. Someone took what was left of him and patched it together." He said in a dull slow monotone. "If you have to leave...leave..." He said softly before he ran his fingers along his face and through his hair. "I have no right to keep you."

She shook her head. "Do you think I pity you? Or thing differently?" she sighed. Taking his hands, she kissed each finger softly, eyes sliding shut as she did so. She let her lips trail over his palm, and up his wrist. Moving back, she held his face softly. "I'm not leaving. Not willingly. Sorry, bucko. But you're stuck with me." her lips curled gently. Ben's warnings made her want to wrap him in her arms, but she just held his cheeks lightly, then leaned her head on his shoulder.

"So I'm not to call you Alton? Just Xarxas?" she shook her head. "You were never murdered..." she said quietly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "Im sorry. I know you probably don't want me to touch you. But... I need to right now. Please let me for a bit.. Then I'll be out of your hair for a bit if you wish."

She trembled, wishing for all the worlds he would embrace her. Or relax a bit. Knowing he wouldn't. "I'm sorry I didn't notice you. I'm sure you were... Upset at that."

He shook his head before shrugging. "Its fine, everyone changes when they know. When my father found out the things that had happened, he went into a rage, he stormed the city where I'd been held and destroyed the coliseum with cannons from the harbor. He sacked and burned the entire place, I'd never seen such...rage. He didn't even keep the gold, he gave it to his men or used it to buy ships, or various other things. So much fire and death." He said slowly while staring off into the distance.

His fingers curled about her cheek as he leaned closer to her. "Because I'm not Acton..not anymore." He said slowly. "I was given this name, and I intend to keep it until everyone involved with it has passed." He said slowly, his voice low and menacing. "Oh, they tried, your father threw me into the sea after he sliced me up...I'm not sure if I ever really came up. Woke up on a slab with the alchemist poking and proding at bits of me. She said she saved me but, whats the point of being saved if someone is going to just torture you?" He said slowly before he wrapped his arms about her.

"I wasn't upset. I was just young, and stupid."

Back
Top Bottom