Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The insane ramblings of an old wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been feeling... Better? 'Less bad' would probably be a more appropriate term. I think, when I have something to do, something that will occupy my mind for a while, something to think about... Then, I don't worry as much.

That thing can be anything. Usually that involves gaming, finding a game I really like playing and sticking with it until I beat it. I've done that a bit recently, but when I wrote my last post, it had been quite a bit since I had 'felt' like playing anything.

Lately, that thing has been a roleplay. One that I started with the intent of having it be nothing but a little smutty thing. But it turned out to be far more than that. The term 'epic' comes to mind when I think of the RP, and I'm always craving a reply from my partner, wanting to see what comes next, what will happen. The RP has been going on for quite a long time now and has developed quite a diverse cast of 'main' characters. All of whom I absolutely love in their own way. I've certainly developed a kind of emotional attachment for them.

That RP was also my first 'real' experience with playing characters that are not male. In fact, out of three characters I made and play for it, only one is male. And I have to say, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The fun thing here is that the RP also doesn't feel like a chore. It has been going forever, and the story is epic as hell, but we don't 'limit' ourselves to having to post a certain length like I usually always did. Sometimes, posts will be simple spanning no more than a mere few lines... And sometimes they will go on for quite a few paragraphs, describing major events that are happening. This keeps things 'balanced' and makes it so I never feel like 'not' wanting to reply, something which was always a problem with my more elaborate RPs. The fact that my partner has been pretty consistent with replies also helps, I absolutely hate not getting a reply for a RP (without some kind of previous warning) for several days, and usually, that will make me lose interest in a RP pretty fast. Thankfully the replies have been coming everyday, several times a day.

So yeah, if you actually do read this, you know who you are~ But thanks, it's been fun, and I hope it will keep being fun for a long while.

I have no idea who you are RPing with, but whoever he/she is.... that is awesome. And reading this made me feel nice and warm and fuzzy. THIS is what RPing should be. THIS is what it's about. Thanks for sharing this, Hal. And I'm glad you're feeling better. You deserve to be feeling better. *hugs* :)

So, I've started playing The legend of Zelda: Skyward sword.

It's fun so far, but I feel like it's trying to press the whole 'motion control' issue far too much. It's not a 'gameplay element' it's just something that they keep shoving in your face over and over. Motion controls should 'add' to the gameplay, not become the central focus of it.

Of course, it IS Nintendo, so it's kind of to be expected that they'd try to force their own gimmick upon us. But I can't help but feel like the game would be a lot better if I could simply play it with a more conventional controller. I've never been a big fan of the Wiimote.

Some games do okay with it. But the thing is, those games merely do 'okay'. Are they made better by it? Not really. The only title I can think of at the moment that's really made better by the Wiimote is Trauma Center. That game couldn't possibly work with a normal controller and was pretty much 'made' for this.

It feels nice to be playing the Wii again though, I had left it to gather dust for quite a long time, but I now have a rather decent stack of games to play for it. I also just beat Punch-out! but I played that one with the 'normal' control options. No wiimote shenanigans for me.

If you have it, try Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. They use their motion controls pretty well.

To the point that against my brother he can hold his own using nunchuck and wiimote, while I use the gamecube controller.

Jaqueline said:
If you have it, try Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. They use their motion controls pretty well.

To the point that against my brother he can hold his own using nunchuck and wiimote, while I use the gamecube controller.

Don't have it. I used to own that title for PS2 actually, but my ex-bf left with it, and not being the biggest DBZ fan, I don't really plan on getting it again. Unless I saw it somewhere on the cheap. And then I wouldn't be too picky on what system I got it for anyways.

Well, this should be interesting.

Just woke up a bit ago, had another one of those nightmares and decided to write down what I can remember while I still can. Should make for a fun read for anyone who stops by here.

Gonna start from the earliest point I can remember, but that's not very much, so it'll be short.

A guy drives into a decrepit alleyway with his car to meet... A woman, I think? He goes into a building, up to the second floor. On the first floor, staring up through a grating is another man in a brown torn coat that I know to be Freddy Krueger. Though he looks slightly 'more' human, but still has the burnt face. Trying to get their attention, Freddy starts to rip his own right arm, tearing into it, then he grabs a chunk of flesh and chucks it through the grating, only for them to notice that they're gone. He runs off cursing and falls down in the alleyway (unconscious?).

Small blank here (can't remember), then a scene where a narrator explains that Freddy got his powers. He killed the man in his sleep rather simply (the man had black scars all over his back, but looked to only be sleeping.) on the other hand, the woman...

Her hair shrivelled up like dried fruit and her entire head turned white and did the same thing before it detached from her neck and exploded in a mess of gore. Complete with screams of agony.

Then she wakes up, figuring out it was all just a dream... AND IT FUCKING HAPPENS AGAIN. I had to see the same scene twice in my nightmare.

Cue me waking up more than a little grossed out/disturbed/scared. And not going back to sleep that's for sure.

So, I bought Guild Wars 2 not too long ago (yay) and then realized that my computer can't run it even on the lowest settings. (Fuck)

As such, I'm going out tommorow to go scouting for a new computer. Honestly, this one managed to cling to life for far beyond what it should have, and it's time to move on. I think... I bought this one like 10 years ago. Though I have replaced parts since then, but now, it's at the peak of it's career, and it's time to put my old dinosaur to rest.

So yeah, tommorow should be nice, I go around town with a friend, we scout for computers, then go to his place, play videogames, etc.

Sounds like a good plan and some fun times. Computer shopping is always fun times *nod nod* And the fact that you got some kick ass lifetime out of your current comp... yeah, that's pretty freakin' awesome. I mean, it's not like your computer died on you either and you lost stuff. So transferring stuff should be easy enough and you'll have a back up system. How nice is that? Pretty damned nice really. :)

Silly, Hal. Of course I'm still stalking your journal. <3 ;D
I see you're doing a bit better and I'm so happy that you are!

New update time.

So, I got a new computer, overall the whole package cost me 800$ and I had to use 'all' of the money that I had saved up, and then some. But it was worth it. (If you think I was ripped off, go away, I don't want to hear it.)

A few specs for those who are more technical than me: 8gb of Ram, 2TB of storage space, Intel I5 3.10 ghz, Nvidia geforce GT 620 video card. Aaaand, it came with Windows 7, boy am I having trouble getting used to the loss of Windows XP.

Anyways! I've been playing Guild Wars 2, and I think it's safe to say that it's the best MMORPG ever. It makes anything that came before it look like crap and playing it is actually 'fun' as opposed to being a chore. And best of all, there's no subscription fees. I suggest this review if you want some insight into the game.

On a less techonological note, I'll be moving at the end of this month. I'm getting out of here and going to live with a friend in his new house. I even get my own 'living' area in the basement, and it's quite large. Shit, I even get my own bathroom.

Everything is going pretty well right now.

I don't think you got ripped off at all. If you want ripped off.... just talk to me. I'm a mac user. People tell me all the time I get ripped off merely because I buy mac. So....... just.... yeah. But eh, it's whatever. The way I see it, I don't bother others so why should they bother me. So it should be the same all around, no? Sounds to me like you got a sweet deal and a nice piece of machinery. It does what you want and need. What more could you want? And hooray about the move too. Talk about the extra bit of icing on the cake. Very nice indeed. <3

Jaqueline said:
So what's the name of your Guild Wars 2 character?

Servaria, I play on Stormbluff Isle. Though I haven't been playing for the last few days. This whole 'moving' thing has kind of been on my mind.

And so, I'm moving. Starting in a few minutes up until Monday, I'll be gone. So, just a heads up for huh... Whoever is reading this, I guess. See you guys soon~

I've returned, I didn't die and I'm now officially a basement dweller. Kind of like the new place, lots of stuff to unpack though. Oh and I don't have a ceiling so to speak... That is, it's not finished. It's all wood and wires and pipes, funky looking. Don't mind it too much, though it basically filters all of jack and shit as far as noise goes.

Another dude 'might' be coming in to live with us, friend of mine, kind of a cool guy. But that's a big might. But if so, I'd be making a 'game room' where we set up our consoles and play shit. Would be awesome. We'll see what the future holds.

Jaqueline said:
Fabulous!
So the people upstairs are noisy?

Mostly my friend's dog, he's a puppy so he's hyperactive and runs around like crazy in the morning, which ends up waking me up because the ceiling is paper thin. ._.;

You know what really sucks? When something bad happens, something that makes you feel like shit, upset, and wanting to smash something... And you have no one to talk with. I mean, sure there are people I could talk to right now, online, at this very moment... But, I would feel like shit by doing so.

Why? Because I never talk to those people, despite thinking of them as friends. I only seem to want to talk to people when I'm not feeling good and need someone to dump on.

I push people away, I'm antisocial, and I'm an idiot.

I'm just going to take this problem, bottle it up, and keep it to my own fucking self. Maybe it'll make me learn not to be so dismissive of people.

Oh yeah, I forgot: FUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom