Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wolven Whims

Clayton's howl petered off after a moment but Teri's rose higher in octave, grief mixing with the rage now as he allowed himself to cry, ending the howl as he got to his feet at the Nurses order, Clayton trembling as he moved into the room with Elena. "Elena...oh Elena i'm sorry." he whispered, carefully taking her hand. "i'm so sorry i don't know what happened... i d..don't..." he burst into Sobs again and Teri hung by the doorway, wanting to give Clayton some space to apologize, Clayton, Teri had found, didn't like it when people saw his weaknesses.

Elena looked up at him, whimpering softly."I know."She muttered shifting, making room for him to lay down with her, whimpering. Needing the comfort, even from the man who'd just hurt her."Lay with me."She ordered softly, looking up at him with pained and fearful eyes.

Clayton settled down into the bed obediently, pulling her in close to him, holding and nuzzling her as he tried to reassure and comfort her as Teri took the abandoned seat, sighing a little, looking ever so relieved. they could have more puppies, they couldn't have more Elena's. he paused, his head tilted as he listened to the ruckus outside, Erin was yelling at people to clear out, something about a challenge, several people where protesting. Clayton didn't notice, he didn't care...Teri wasn't sure if Elena would notice or not. whatever it was, it had Teri on edge.

Elena whimpered as she was nuzzled, cuddling close. Whimpering as she raised her head to look towards the window.Struggling to get up, to go see what had her wolves in such a uproar. Stumbling the single step she looked outside, opening the window even as her legs shook. Struggling to stay up."What are y'all yelling about!?"She snarled looking out at them.

jamie smirked a little as he looked at the doctor's house, tilting his head towards his alpha."I challenge Clayton to the right to lead this pack. He has no right to be alpha."

there was a long pause, Clayton didn't say anything and for a long moment neither man moved then. "i take the challenge in Clayton's stead." there where several breathless gasps of astonishment. Teri had stood up, and was...crawling out the window like some common miscreant! he snarled darkly at Jamie, his eyes flashing with a dark rage. "i'm beginning to see a pattern here." Teri admitted, stalking over to Jamie, cracking his neck and then his wrists. "as Clayton's Second Alpha..." it was a term that was often used for Alpha males who had male mates. instead of two Alphas. there was an Alpha and a Sub, or Second Alpha. they had all the same rights as the alpha female, but could also defend the Alpha if they had to. "How do you wish to fight?" Teri demanded of Jamie, but they all knew what Jamie would choose. Jamie would choose to fight as wolves, because in wolf form, Teri barley came up to Jamie's back, Teri was so small he wouldn't stand a chance...that was the thought anyway, and so many of the children and women where staring in horror. they LIKED Teri, and now they all thought Teri was going to die.

Jamie offered a wolfish grin, looking him over."Wolf form, puppy. If you think you have a chance."He smirked before the wolf shifted, the form melting into the wolf, the huge black wolf watching teri. Calm and collected, so sure of his victory. Then he'd be free of them all. He ignored the others, the women and children, for the moment they didnt matter, because they didnt understand what clay and elena had done, they needed to see just how bad things were.

Teri smirked a little to himself, as if he knew something that Jamie didn't and slid into his own Wolf form, his sleek fur so many colors that the term 'mutt' probably did apply. he snarled darkly at the other, stalking in a half circle as he watched Jamie closley. Big wolves like Jamie where brutes, they figured that their strength could win anything. but Teri was fast, and smart. he didn't need muscle or size to win when he could wear his opponent out with his superior endurance and speed. he snarled again, twitching his tail, holding it high in the air, his eyes fixed on Jamie, waiting for the other to attack first.

Jamie snarled at the other as he circled, trying to decide how to attack. Snarling as he lundged for him, pouncing on the other, dropping like stone on his back. Assured that his large bulk would keep teri on the ground.

but when Jamie hit the ground, Teri was not underneath him, he was on top of him, snarling as he bit down onto an ear and viciously shook his head from side to side, his small, but very sharp claws scratching deep wounds across Jamie's much larger face, trying to blind him, cause him agony, trying to piss him off. because pissed people made mistakes, and that made it easier to defeat them. he leaped off of Jamie the second the larger wolf got his footing, listening to the howls and snarls of the spectators. first blood! Teri had drawn first blood! that was a shock! he snarled again and grinned wolfishly at Jamie, amusement in his eyes and Jamie's blood in his maw, how humiliating it must have been for poor Jamie, outwitted by such a NEWBIE! outwitted by something mostly HUMAN.

Jamie snarled at the trick, lumbering to his feet and falling on the newbie, jaws snapping down onto his ruff, pulling terri off his feet, and shaking him like a misbehaving pup before tossing him away, blood running in his eyes and making him blink. Quickly losing his temper as he advanced on the smaller wolf.

Teri yelped and went limp in the other wolves jaws, it hurt less when one was limp, a trick he had learned during his brief time in the streets. he quickly hopped to his feet, ignoring the pain in his head and shoulders, and struck, striking Jamie hard across the face again in a manner not unlike a cat, and then dove under, UNDER! the wolf, grabbing the back left paw on his way, sinking his teeth into the flesh as he yanked and TWISTED, trying to break the paw, while he wasn't strong enough to actually break it, it would certainly hurt a hell of a lot, and make it hard for Jamie to stand walking on it. Teri gave him no chance to recover, spinning and kicking out both his back feet, spraying sand and dirt into the bastards face, trying to blind him that way as well. the snarls, howls, and catcalls where increasing, and Clayton was now watching the fight, looking astonished. "Teri's pretty damn good! did you know he could do that Elena?"

Elena shook her head as she leaned shakily against the windowframe. Staying on her feet under a sheer force of will. Looking at calyton she sighed."no,but I'm glad he is."She said relaxing more, it eased a painful piece of her heart to see him doing well.

Jamie yelped as he went down, shaking his head as the blood and dirt mixed, raising a paw to rub at his face like a cat before laying down, whining softly as he looked up at the wolf he'd thought would be a easy beat. He couldn't beat this wolf, not with what he'd done to his paw. Dammit this wasn't how it was supposed to be

Clayton smirked a little. "he's won it." he muttered softly, suddenly VERY glad that Teri was on HIS side. Clayton might not want to be the Alpha, but everyone knew he was the best option for it, so he tolerated it. if Clayton could he would have handed it over to Teri, but the young male didn't have the abilities to lead a pack. he was strong, and dominant, but he just wasn't full Alpha material. Teri snarled as he watched the other lay down and he lunged, rolling Jamie onto his back, his mouth at the others throat, squeezing, squeezing tightly, demanding that Jamie submit, he wouldn't let go until the bigger wolf went limp with submission or suffocated. personally, Teri hoped the little bastard chose Death. everyone had fallen silent, waiting for the final decision, Death, or a much lower rank on the totem pole? or even...banishment. in the end it was Clayton's decision, but it was up to Teri whether or not Jamie lived to have judgment passed on him.

Jamie snarled softly at the other wolf, before going limp under his jaws. Whimpering as he did so. This ws..this was to much. And he knew clayton was going to banish him or something, after all, it was the suitable punishment for setting him up to abuse his mate.

Elena nodded."Good. That's g-"She stopped as her knees gave in on her, stumbling into clayton,wrapping her arms around her mate's waist as her body decided that it'd had enough of her abusing it.

Teri snarled and squeezed a little harder, a warning, before he pulled away and trotted back towards the doctors office, head high, tail high, his back to Jamie, showing everyone that he found Jamie to be no threat at all as he walked away as calmly as if he was not bleeding all over the ground. Teri had won yes, but he had some pretty good bite marks of his own.

Clayton gasped and caught her, gently nuzzling her as he carefully laid her on the bed. "i'll be right back love." he murmured softly. "i have to deal with Jamie...AND Erin." he muttered softly shaking his head a little. "i can't beleive this.." he growled, still looking sad. "i thought he was my friend...as good as a brother..."

Elena whimpered softly, struggling to sit up, and failing."I'll take care of them."She said looking at his face, raising a hand to touch his cheek. Not wanting him to be forced to do this. Her heart hurting for doing it to him.

The doctor tsked lightly when teri came in the door, scolding him lightly before starting to look him over, cleaning wounds, and bandaging him up.

he shook his head. "you need to rest." he ordered softly, getting up and heading outside, looking only half hearted, but who could blame him when he was tricked into almost killing his own mate. "JAMIE!" he roared, honest fury in his voice as he advanced on the other. "you shift into your human form and EXPLAIN YOURSELF!" Clayton was always fair, always. he would give Jamie the chance to defend his actions, depending on what he said, would determine on how he was punished. "And don't think i don't know your involved Erin!" he snarled at the small red wolf who was trying to slink away with his tail tucked between his legs.

Teri huffed as he shifted into human form, letting the woman bandage him. he would have scars, but that was a badge of honor for this win, and he spit out a lank of fur that he had yanked out of Jamie, a smirk on his lips. "i showed them! no more short jokes for me!" he growled, calmly letting the doctor patch him up as he gently picked up Elena's hand. "are you alright?"

Jamie growled as he shifted back, staying a careful distance away from his alpha. He didn't want to be within striking distance."You're not a good alpha.You dont deserve this...you and elena, you're destroying this pack.Something needed done."

Elena smiled softly "I'm fine.You did well."She smiled tiredly, settling back against the pillows with a sigh.

Clayton snarled darkly. "this pack was DEAD when i got here!" he hissed his eyes blazing. "you had no leader! you had no lives! you where chaotic and disassembled and you had no HEART!" he snarled harder, advancing on Jamie now. "you had no puppies, no food, no shelter, and no HOPE! HOW can you say i am bad for this pack, when there are pups running and playing!? when no one goes hungry!? when i found a healer for your sick!?" he demanded, looming over Jamie. "how can you say i ruined this pack, when YOU are the one that did not even fight fair! when you had to trick me into hurting my own mate, forcing me into Heartache before you even TRIED to challenge me!? This pack will not be run by a coward like you!" he snarled darkly. "get out of my territory you filthy Traitor! and i'll be letting the other packs know of your treachery and lies!" he snarled at Erin who flinched. "and you can take him with you!"

Teri grinned a lopsided grin as he nodded. "i did didn't i?" he asked snorting a little. "Jamie's no worse than any other over muscled Bully i've had to deal with. their big and strong but their also slow and usually pretty stupid." he admitted smiling at her. "i'm just glad your alright...you do know that..that Jamie and Erin tricked Clay into that...don't you? i know it's not going to make things better but Clay was pretty damn drunk." he paused, his nose twitching. "hell he's STILL pretty damn drunk."

Jamie whined before he shifted back, running off. Embarassed and angry that this had turned out this way. It wasn't supposed to!Running with erin he sighed, wondering what would happen next.

"You did."She smiled a little,before she flinched. She hadn't known it... she'd thought..."Yea, I know. He smelled drunk."She wrinkled her nose, not about to admit she'd been truly afraid that clayton had reacted like he really felt instead of being tricked into it."He needs to sleep it off."

Clayton turned to the rest of the pack. "does anyone else have issues with how i run this pack!?" he demanded, rage still tangible. "does anyone else wish to trick me!?" he looked around, everyone still and silent, fearful, all of them cowering under Clayton who huffed darkly and spun on his heel, heading back to Elena.

"he was tricked." he promised softly. "Clayton could never hurt you so badly, i don't know him, or you that well but i do know that he loves you more than anything else in the world..." he paused as Clayton walked in, a heavy depression hanging over him now as he looked guiltily at Elena. "i'm so sorry." he muttered again, Teri reaching up and leading Clayton tot he bed. "hush now Clay, go to sleep. the adults are talking." there was a pause as Clayton pulled Elena tight into his arms, sighing softly. "i love you..."

"I love you to."She smiled softly resting her head on his chest, cuddling close. Sniffling a little, before shifting relaxing."I'll be fine."She muttered rubbing clayton's arms, worried about him."Are you okay?"She asked, more worried about him then herself.

he sighed, relaxing a little when she promised that she would be alright. "i'm ok." he admitted softly. "i'm just pissed that i let them...let them make me think...let them..." "trick you?" Teri suggested softly. "it's ok Clayton, we all know your an idiot. just go to sleep." he ordered sternly, Clayton sighing as he closed his eyes, and drifted off to dreamland. "you too Elena, you need to sleep too, i'll stand watch over you two until you wake up."

Elena smiled relaxing, falling asleep. Content in the knowledge that teri would protect them if needed.

A few days later the wolf yawned as she sat up in bed, frowning when clayton appeared in the doorway."I'm allowed out of bed. Ask the doctor!"She said before he could protest, having been a prisoner in bed for the last few days had made her restless and annoyed.

Clayton had scowled and opened his mouth to complain just that but snapped it shut and scowled at her instead ."fine." he grumbled shaking his head a little. "Teri wanted to come with but he's out on patrol. ever since he kicked Jamie's ass the whole pack has been clamoring that he be more useful around here." he admitted looking rather amused. "he get's asked for a mock fight at least once a day too." a mock fight was a fight between two wolves that was just for the sake of fighting, of practicing. there where rarely injuries because biting and clawing weren't actually allowed, though accidents did happen no wolf in CLAYTON'S pack had ever been seriously injured during a mock fight. "you should see him strut! there are times when i knock him over just to see if i can!" he felt she would like to know all of this, Teri belonged to her, just as much as he belonged to clay.

Back
Top Bottom