Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wolven Whims

Elena hid her smirk, snickering ever so softly. She knew this, but her mate sounded so proud of him she couldn't rob him of the joy of telling her. Yawning she stretched, "Come on. We need to go shopping, and get more medicial supplies. Which has been put off since I was hurt. We need to go to town clay."She whined a little. After so long confined to bed, she wanted to get out among people

he grinned a little. "it's hard to imagine that such a little runt could be that damn good isn't it?" he asked softly before hesitating. he didn't want to go into town, but he didn't want Elena to go in alone either. "well..." he chewed on his lip and then nodded. "alright but if you start feeling tired you have to tell me!" he ordered firmly. "Teri's out with the pups, learning how to hunt so he won't be around to make you go to bed." it annoyed Clayton to no end that Teri could tell Elena what to do but Clay couldn't... of course, Teri could also convince Clay to do things, not that the huge man was aware of THAT.

Elena smirked a little before nodding, wrapping a arm around clay's waist. Glad that she was already dressed so all they had to do was leave. No break to try and make clay see that she had to go, no arguing."I promise, the minute I'm tired I'll tell you."She said leaning up to kiss him.

he smiled a little and nodded. "oh alright then." he grumbled. "i've made it clear to the whole clan though, that anyone who pulls a stunt like that will die." he admitted scowling darkly. "and that if they have a problem with us having two mates then they should leave." he sighed a little. "half of them did, the other half like you and Teri too much to leave." he admitted with a small grimace. "but they still glare at me." he shrugged. "i wanted you to know so you didn't think that they where glaring at you." he promised smiling at her, he was being unusually calm and caring, almost sweet.... what he had done to her, made him realize that he needed to change, or it could...would happen again. he hoped Elena didn't mind.

Elena raised a eyebrow at his tone but went with it. if he ws going to be calm and collected, well, she liked it. "Well,thats nice to know."She smiled walking out with him, ignoring the looks tehy were getting. She was to happy to be with her mate to really care. Heading for the path through the woods she walked in silence with him for the most part, though the closer they got to town the more silently agiated she got. Her father hadn't been a pack werewolf, one of the few that had raised his daughter in town.And while she knew she had to go into town sometimes, she really didn't like it.Biting her lip she looked up at clayton, sliding her hand into his.Knowing what she was about to say was going to hurt, but hopefully he'd understand that she didn't hold it against him, that she understood he was trying to do better."You remind me of my father sometimes....but others...like now, no. Clay, he never tried to change. You are.And I love you more for the effort..."She said softly, keeping her eyes on the ground.

he smiled a little and held her hand in his, giving it a nice gentle squeeze as he sniffed at the air. Clayton had an unnatural fascination with humans and their things, mostly the food, they had such amazing food! he was already steering them both towards the smell of a restaurant. he flinched when she told him she reminded her of her nasty flea bitten father though, a low whine falling from his lips, looking both insulted and horrified before he stilled a little, his head tilted as she finished. "i never realized how bad i was." he finally admitted softly. "until Jamie and Erin tricked me i had no idea i was even capable of...." he couldn't even say it. "so i.. i have to change. i love you too much to let that happen again." he too was staring at the ground, only this time he stopped. "you never really said anything about your father, but i imagine he's a lot like mine... and that...makes me very upset." he admitted softly. "and, i know i never...but i really should say i'm sorry for bringing Teri into all of this..i should have talked to you first...explained things...i'm sorry..."

Elena walked a few steps after he stopped before their linked hands pulled her back. Smiling a little when she turned to face him, tilting her head before stepping into his arms, lening agianst his chest. Havng not realized just how much she'd wanted to hear him apologize for dumping this suddenly on her."Its....it worked out."She said wrapping her arms around him. Shivering a little before she thought about her father. A soft whine escaping, poor elena...poor clayton. Two people who should have had a perfect life, alpha's children, the chosen children....and yet hated for being who they were.

he relaxed when she accepted the apology and wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling the top of her head. "i love you Elena." he murmured softly. "it might have worked out, but it was very unfair...to both of you." he muttered softly, kissing her cheek. "we might not have a perfect life, but... i think we can have a happy one now." he muttered softly. "come on, lets get into town and pick up the supplies." he stated calmly. "and i promised Teri that i'd pick him up some Candy. apparently cake and brownies are not the same thing. he just HAS to have skittles! have you ever noticed how SPOILED he is!?" of course, Clayton wasn't helping when he gave Teri, and Elena just about anything they wanted.

Elena snickered as she headed into the smallish town with him. Well not small, big enough to have teri's school in it, but small enough that people trned to look when strangers-well near strangers-came in."He wouldn't be if you stopped buying him everything."she pointed out before heading towards the store, before pausing, tilting her head.Sniffing the air, tasting something on the wind,but not knowing what was bothering her.

he snorted a little. "but then he WHINES." Clayton whined, pouting at Elena. "besides i do the same for you!" he pointed out, smirking a little as he sniffed at the air, licking his lips at the smell of the food. "mmm i'm hungry, lets get some hot dogs." one didn't get hot dogs in the woods. he seamed completely unaware of anything that might be trouble.

Elena smiled indulgently as she wrapped her arms around his waist, heading into town with him.Smiling wider as she bought him two hot dogs and handed them over,frowning as she sniffed the air again.Dammit it was bothering her...but she couldn't place what she was smelling. It smelled like wolf...but not. Like but not like."...do you smell that?"

he chuckled and sank his teeth into his hot dog, letting out a husky growl of pleasure as he chewed, pausing when she mentioned a funny smell. he lifted his nose to the air and took several sniffs, pausing and frowning as he sniffed again. "wolf?" he mused his head tilted. "no...it smells funny...what in the world is that?" he wondered scowling a little. "we better go back, check on the pack." he muttered, his hackles raising. he didn't much like that strange smell, it was different, strange. and it would probably end up being dangerous. "we need to get all the pups tot he middle of the village, withdraw the patrols, i don't want any wolf out in the forest alone right now." he muttered softly. "three wolves minimum to a group if their going to leave the village...what do you think?" he asked Elena. he always asked her opinion, she was good at thinking of things he had missed.

She nodded slightly turning her head as she tried to find the scent again, before waving him off."Go. Warn them and come back.I'll stay in town, go to a crowded place to wait. I don't want to loose the scent, because its all we have."She said frowning a little ,more focused on the scent then the man she was with. Already trying to decide how to make sure this wasn't a threat to their safety.

he hesitated, clearly unwilling to leave her alone before he nodded, gave her a kiss and darted back into the woods, shifting as soon as it was safe to do so, streaking through the woods, howling the gather song. calling everyone back into the village, snapping orders once most of the pack was within hearing distance, ordering everyone about, telling Teri to go and protect Elena, the boy racing through the woods, following Elena's scent, hoping to catch up to her before something bad happened.

Elena meanwhile, had found the wolf....who'd long forgotten he was a wolf. staring across the park at her father she tried to wrap her mind around what he was doing here, and what was going on.Yelping as teri nearly barrelled into her legs she looked down at the wolf, frowning."Where's clay?"She asked, wondering why clay wasn't back. Worried something was truly wrong. Seeing her father again making her revert to the scared 18 year old she'd been when she left him, and her body still aching from clay's abuse...it was just to much.She ws stressing out and didn't know what to do.

Teri panted softly. "Clay is organizing the pack." he stated calmly, "everyone's in an uproar. there was a hunter spotted to the north, a werecat to the east, and he said something about a funny 'not werewolf'." he admitted. "everything's all gone to he..." he paused sniffing at the air and staring at the man across from him, glancing from him to Elena, looking confused. "love? whats wrong? do you know that man?" he asked softly, gently wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "we should get back to the pack..."

Elena nodded slightly leaning into him, hoping that her father's sense of smell had dulled with the time he'd spent as a human. Glad he hadn't noticed them yet.Wrapping a arm around his waist she nodded, walking back towards the forest with him. At the moment there were more important things to focus on then what she needed."Lets go."she muttered before shifting, heading back towards the village.Knowing he wouldn't let it go, but for the moment willfully ignoring her past.

he scowled as he looked from her to the strange male but just nodded and turned away from him, gently nuzzling her neck as he tried to comfort her, gently nibbling on her ear and kissing her temple taking her hand in his before shifting and following after her as they raced through the tree's, his mind racing as they came into the village, Clayton barking his orders as he set up safety points for the women and children to flee to if there was an attack. were cats where highly hateful of werewolves. and hunters where hateful of everything that wasn't a human, if either of them found them it was going to be a hell of a battle. and Clayton wanted to make sure that the children and pregnant women where safe.

Elena growled a little before looking around."Teri, go with the kids. They trust you, and if the cat and hunter manage to slip past us, they'll need the protection."She said before heading towards clay, looking at him."We herd the cat towards the hunter. Harrass them both, and they'll fight each other instead of us." she said, turning the anger and rage she had for her father into a weapon, using to be as viciously protective of her pack as she needed to be.

Teri hesitated before narrowing his eyes at Elena. "this isn't over El." he stated sternly before sniffing indignantly and shifting into wolf form, kicking his clothes out of the way before trotting off, tail high and nose in the air, letting her know that he was VERY displeased about getting pawed off before she couldn't explain what was bothering her. Clay watched all of this with a worried, yet amused look. "what was that about?" he asked lifting his eyebrow at her. "Elena? whats wrong?"

Elena sighed a little, rubbing her temples with her fings before sighing. Knowing teri was angry with her for putting off the discussion by making him go away."We have a hunter and a cat nearby, thats whats wrong."she said, deftly avoiding it for a moment.

Clay's eyes narrowed as he looked at her baring his teeth at her in a silent challenge. "that is not what is bothering you and we both know it." he growled. "don't think your diversion tactics will work on me as well as they do Teri." he ordered, reaching out and grabbing her around the shoulders, giving her a one armed hug. "i'm trying to change Elena.. i'm trying to be better, i want to be there for you...how can i help you if you won't tell me what's wrong?"

Elena snarled at him, for the challenge before sighing. Leanig into his chest cuddling against the stronger man."We smelled my father.He's in town."She whispered, her voice muffled against his chest as she clung to him

he wrapped his arms tightly around her, holding her and protecting her as she explained, a small snarl on his lips. "you want me to go chase him off?" he asked hesitantly, uncertain about how to handle the man, he'd never met him after all. "i'll make sure he doesn't come into our territory." he promised kissing her temple.

Elena relaxed at the reassurance, trembling a little.acting younger then she was. She'd been barely old enough to really control her changes when she'd run away, more feral then tame, trembling a little she sighed softly."WE have worse things to deal with right now."She muttered, knowing they needed to take care of other things besides her childhood.

Back
Top Bottom