Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Attention Blue Moon! Opinion of weed! Please take seriously!

WEED...would you legalize it or no.

• yes, I would legalize it.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No, I would not legalize it.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yes, I would but its not for me.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Tathariel

Supporter
Supporter
comon.....if it were legal you could tax it, more jobs, less crime, and a lot of happer people in the world.
if you dont do it, then okay, thats great! but dont freakout if I tell you I happen to smoke.

You couldn't tax it if it were legal cause people can easily grow their own.

With all due respect. most people would be too lazy to wait and grow their own when you could buy a pack of joints at a smoke shop for 40 bucks. I know I would. I dont have the patience to wait for a plant to grow, and I know plenty of others that would. You can grow tobacco, but do you see every smoker with a tobacco plant? no.

Tobacco is much harder to grow and harvest from what I've heard.

Certain pot plants can grow over 6 feet tall. So all one has to do is trim leaves from it, chop them up, and dry them and one can keep a steady supply for both himself and his friends and even sell it cheaper than a store can due to less overhead without ever exhausting his/her ready supply.

alright., sweetie....you dont know a thing about growing weed.....not an insult, just a fact....you get weed from the buds, not the leaves. its takes a long time to grow a plant 6 feet tall......and a LOT of care.....you dont just stick some seeds in a pot and watch them grow. You kinda need a green thumb. You need the right enviorment, the right equipment, the time!!!!
Yeah, you can buy a plant and grow it...but most likely the quality of the weed would be very very bad. I wont buy it from some street dealer, and most people I know wouldnt either.
It takes more than hoping it will grow. Growing weed (good weed) is not easy. it takes dedication and actual work.
entire towns in northern california florish off an economy based off growing and selling weed. if not for that these towns would have become deserted and desolute.

yeah you can go to LA and buy a pound of weed from mexico for example. but the most common type, Mexican Brown, is of very poor quality. you need to smoke constantly to stay high.

I've known a few people who have grown and sold weeds. I may have been mistaken about the source, but the fact remains that the plants can grow to over 6 feet tall. I've known a few people who have had a good enough green thumb to grow a plant like that, and have done so. It may take some work, but its still feasible.

Its like saying that people would rather pay three times as much for a custom built computer with case mods and a liquid cooling system when they know someone who would do it for just the cost of parts because the person you know who builds computers can't possibly do it as well as an assembly line full of callous factory workers.

Sorry, I know more about computers than plants so I had to make an analogy.

And? I never said it didn't. Doesn't make my scenario any less plausible.

It can take weeks to get parts for a computer if you have to order them. Case in point, I either have to travel over a hundred miles to get to the nearest store that sells Mac OS X. My only other option is to order it online and wait a week or two. I didn't say it would happen the week after it was legalized I just said it would happen.

My point is the government can track the circulation of Marijuana, legalized or not, and therefore cannot reliably tax it. They make far more money busting and fining people for it than they would taxing it. Which is the main reason it's not already legal.

lawl, take this realization into consideration.

If the government were to legalize it, it would create a job market for farmers/botanists.
This would put more knowledge into it, as well as technology.
This would increase the potency of the THC from the buds, as well as place it on a mass market scale.

US prices (at least in my area) Run generally 1 g = $10.
THIS WOULD DRAMATICALLY DROP

If it was legalized, taxed, and distributed I personally estimate that prices would fall to $.50-2 a gram.
by this time we wouldn't be dealing with such a low scale number, we would be talking (more than likely) a system
of ounces, or packs of Marijuana cigarettes. Generally speaking a 'joint' weighs between .5-1g. Now as I just said,
this would not come out to a lot.

But say... a pack of 10-20 of these, hypothetically would come out to about $5-10, add in your state/federal tax.
this would completely rule out the usefulness factor of growing your own plants--

TO SELL.

People don't want to WAIT on the dealer to get his shit ready, to meet up, to check the shit's quality, weight, ect. then hand over money.
no.

And face it, this is america, who the hell WANTS to grow their own pot for personal use?
-yes, I know many do, I know plenty of botanists and green thumbs who just like plants.-

It will cease the growing of those growing for personal use -unless they are one of the above-
it will cease the growing of those for personal distribution and monetary gain
and if they really want to get paid for it, they can probably get some sort of permit from the government to hold a greenhouse and sell it to whatever company arises to sell and distribute to the public.

this is my case, and I think it's pretty sound.
I've been smoking for years and years, and this isn't the first conversation I've had about this subject.

now then, I must get ready for my day, I've gotta go into town, meet up with the sunshine crew, and smoke more herb.

Wow... his argument kind of makes sense. Well gentleman, I guess I lose this argument. And even if I don't, I really don't feel the need to continue.

You better watch out DJ. If your ego gets much bigger it might threaten Try's and force a territorial dispute.

I'm kidding Try! Please don't kill me in my sleep.

who do you think let me, ever so graciously, enter this territory in the first place?

I am here to instigate lulz.
and bring about the destruction of those weaker willed than myself.

through flaming and my power of LOGIC!!!
AND REASONING!!!

Oh, well its good that my power of insanity makes me immune to those things or I might be in trouble.

I don't post lolcats. I post crappy demotivators. I have a lolcat for a display picture. Gawd.

You know... I got bored last night and when I get bored I read and the first thing I found to read was Encyclopedia Dramatica and now my brain hurts. Please... please please please don't kill me with memes.

Lyra said:
You couldn't tax it if it were legal cause people can easily grow their own.
You can grow your own tomatoes, but most people still buy them at stores.

I am not a drug person, never have been, never will be.
Although, I will admit to the fact that weed does help some people.
Its a plant, made from the mother, so whoever chooses to smoke it, whatever.
Just don't try to get me to do it.
However, even if the fact that it will make me a lot calmer is true, still don't bother trying.

I'm kind of torn on whether or not I would legalize weed. There are pros and cons, and it's hard to tell which side outweighs the other.

Weed's not as bad for you as cigarettes, but it is a mind altering substance.
I know weed has been legalized in other areas without problems, but America isn't other places. We're fucking stupid here. Alcohol is legal, and just look at DUI related fatality statistics. But, then again, weed doesn't have the same effect as alcohol. The last time we moved, it was a 6 hour drive. My uncle was driving a U-Haul with all our shit in it, while smoking weed (We stopped at EVERY White Castle on the way, I shit you not.). Buuut, my uncle is a great driver.
Legalizing weed would most likely cut down on weed related violence (selling and shit) a lot.
However, legalizing weed could also make it more easily accessible to younger people. If it were legal, I'd say same rules apply as with alcohol. 21 or over, and no smoking while driving.

I suppose I'd have to be for the legalization, then, even though I wouldn't smoke it. I also don't drink either. Nothing moral or anything, I just don't care to kill my liver/lungs/brain/etc. Plus I have enough fun sober.

Also: My uncle grew his own weed. In an apartment complex no less. How difficult can it be?

Back
Top Bottom