Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Attention Blue Moon! Opinion of weed! Please take seriously!

WEED...would you legalize it or no.

• yes, I would legalize it.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No, I would not legalize it.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yes, I would but its not for me.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Lyra said:
You couldn't tax it if it were legal cause people can easily grow their own.

And say they make that illegal? Then they could use half the man power they are now to crack down on that. Besides government grown weed is so much danker then the shit you grow in your house unless you really know what your doing.

I have a question! Are we talking about de-criminalizing Marijuana or making it legal... either way I'm for it but there is a bit of difference. Even if it's just de-criminalizing it we're going to save our government so much money on dangerous drug busts and the like. Also, HOLY FUCK weed is expesive in America, like goddamn... it's like three times as expensive as it is in B.C. XD

making it 100 percent legal is what i wish for.

and yes its very very expensive in america!!!!!

Right!?!?!?!?!
Whats so bad about relaxing in Trygon's office, watching him dispence internet justice, me watching speed racer, discussng with D.J our plans to take over the world, and telling Kaios that he needs a haircut!!!!!! HOW IS THAT CRIMINAL LMAO!!!!!

Exactly. Also, ask ANY police officer about who they're rather deal with, someone who is drunk or someone who is high, and 99% of the time they will rather deal with stoners.

So it seems like most people would not mind if it was legalized.....THEN WHY IS IT NOT!!!!

Mirran said:
Exactly. Also, ask ANY police officer about who they're rather deal with, someone who is drunk or someone who is high, and 99% of the time they will rather deal with stoners.
In seattle weed is a 0 priority. So even if a cop desides to be a dick and take your shit. They'll never prosicute, Seriosly I've seen guys rollin joints on the bus. This is what I want for all of America. Fuck that the world. Smoke this fatty bowl before you go blow yourself up Mr. Terrorist and maybe think about what an incredible ass hat you are.

Plus at hempfest everyone or just about everyone's high and if you got that many drunk people together you'd have a riot and deaths on your hand before 4:20 even comes close.

Tathariel said:
So it seems like most people would not mind if it was legalized.....THEN WHY IS IT NOT!!!!

• Because the government doesn't care what the people think or want.
              [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

That and a change like that is fairly substantial. You have to consider who is the largest age demographic in North America (65+) and the concept of recreational use of marijuana is still something difficult to grasp, and not only that but the age of most politicians (being the people who would be making the changes) are normally of this age group. However, as generations progress the overall mindset will change and we will be seeing more and more changes. You could compare it North American views on smoking and how it has changed from both a social and legal viewpoint. You can definitely see that views on marijuana has changed, like in Mr.Sunshines example of how police policy on drugs has changed, and that there is less focus on actually prosecuting and pursuing casual smokers.
Also, Sunshine, just letting you know that a cop doesnt take your weed because he is a dick, its because that is kinda his job...

yeah, but usually a cop in seattle would just give you a dirty look and you would put it away...on very very rare occasions would they actually take your stuff....usually they just want you to go away.

Yea, I do believe legalizing Marijuana would end up diminishing the cost of it greatly cause companies would most likely outsource their business to increase working output for less money. Or they could be like Niki. Where it only costs them about 5 dollars(With labor.) To make a pair of shoes and change from 20 to 200 dollars for them. Not to mention they would be going not for the best they can make. No, they'd do something probably like with vanilla how most of our vanilla doesn't even from the the vanilla plant but, other keeper products they can abstract it from.

MrPenguin said:
Yea, I do believe legalizing Marijuana would end up diminishing the cost of it greatly cause companies would most likely outsource their business to increase working output for less money. Or they could be like Niki. Where it only costs them about 5 dollars(With labor.) To make a pair of shoes and change from 20 to 200 dollars for them. Not to mention they would be going not for the best they can make. No, they'd do something probably like with vanilla how most of our vanilla doesn't even from the the vanilla plant but, other keeper products they can abstract it from.
Nike(?) spends money on R&D to build an easily mass-produced final unit that cannot be easily replicated without designs and sewing knowledge. Also, they sell style.

Weed can be produced for almost nil in a closet.

Also, the example is inaccurate because Nike is a 'high grade' product. It's not like there aren't cheap shoes available.

At a certain point, people will get fed up enough to grow their own. The price will stay beneath this line.

Living in America, what I don't want is the day before marijuana is legalized, a big production plant opens up and starts selling it, mass-production, mass-profit.
IF it is legalized it should be like alcohol and not be allowed in public. Since smoking in public is illegal in Iowa, there really wouldn't be much of a difference.
It may as well be legalized though. It's supposedly illegal but law enforcement rarely does anything about it except the busts you see on TV. In high school this girl got busted with some heroin and got a 10 day suspension. Thats it. Some guy at work had a bag of marijuana and got a proverbial slap on the wrist.
I'd say America should legalize it just because the government doesn't do much about it anyways, and to bring down all the douchebags that do waste money on it, think they're so damn cool.

And for the whole 'never killed anything' thing with marijuana, does that include 'drunk' driving? YES I KNOW they're not actually drunk, but high, whatever, it's close. I don't do chemicals so I wouldn't know the exact difference. There's nothing bad in marijuana like the shit they put in cigarettes and it doesn't kill off an organ system like alcohol, but I can't imagine someone driving very well after having a hit or five.

And while on the topic of illegal substances, I think America should ban alcohol and tobacco products as well. But as soon as something shows up to bring them down, a bunch of lobbyists with big checks show up and it's not heard from again.

I fucking hate this country...

You think banning it would help even if it passes? Oh, people have tried to ban Alcohol. You know what happened? It help start Organize Crimes, Moonshine, and Nascar. (Cause of modding cars to go faster to out run cops.)

It wouldn't help much to deny someone of something cause all they'll do is go behind your back and do it anyways. It also makes it that much more exciting to do since people seek thrills and what bigger thrill than avoiding getting into trouble. Thus, wouldn't help to ban Tobacco or Alcohol.

Yeah, and since there was no government regulation on alcohol, it became incredibly dangerous because the bootleggers would put other substances in it to give it a stronger kick for less money.

Trygon said:
MrPenguin said:
Nike(?) spends money on R&D to build an easily mass-produced final unit that cannot be easily replicated without designs and sewing knowledge. Also, they sell style.

Also, the example is inaccurate because Nike is a 'high grade' product. It's not like there aren't cheap shoes available.

At a certain point, people will get fed up enough to grow their own. The price will stay beneath this line.
But you also have to consider that there are certain types of weed that are superior. There are methods of hydroponics, harvesting (and other shit I'm sure) that can increase the yield and quality of the weed you're growing. Living in B.C. I've sampled from a vast majority of flavours (from around the world even) and there are definitely 'brands' that stand out from the rest, and the shit people grow in their closet rarely get much repeat business.

Drummer Charlie said:
Living in America, what I don't want is the day before marijuana is legalized, a big production plant opens up and starts selling it, mass-production, mass-profit.
IF it is legalized it should be like alcohol and not be allowed in public. Since smoking in public is illegal in Iowa, there really wouldn't be much of a difference.
It may as well be legalized though. It's supposedly illegal but law enforcement rarely does anything about it except the busts you see on TV. In high school this girl got busted with some heroin and got a 10 day suspension. Thats it. Some guy at work had a bag of marijuana and got a proverbial slap on the wrist.
I'd say America should legalize it just because the government doesn't do much about it anyways, and to bring down all the douchebags that do waste money on it, think they're so damn cool.

And for the whole 'never killed anything' thing with marijuana, does that include 'drunk' driving? YES I KNOW they're not actually drunk, but high, whatever, it's close. I don't do chemicals so I wouldn't know the exact difference. There's nothing bad in marijuana like the shit they put in cigarettes and it doesn't kill off an organ system like alcohol, but I can't imagine someone driving very well after having a hit or five.

And while on the topic of illegal substances, I think America should ban alcohol and tobacco products as well. But as soon as something shows up to bring them down, a bunch of lobbyists with big checks show up and it's not heard from again.

There are a few problems though. What's a harsh punishment going to do for a high school girl that has a drug problem? She's still young and probably has a problem situation that got her to this point.
As far as driving high goes, it's certainly not a good idea, but it's not nearly as frequent as drunk driving, or as dangerous. Seriously, could you imagine driving while high? You'd probably top 5mph and drive into a ditch XD (Not to say I condone it...)
As far as banning alcohol and tobacco, it's already been tried with alcohol, and look what happened: It didn't work. People were still drinking and it only gave way to the rise in gangs smuggling in liquor and other illegal activities, and instead of dealing with the alcohol issue, it just created a whole bunch of new problems.

Drummer Charlie said:

Though I've never driven high myself, I've been party to it many times. As Mirran said, it encourages a mosey.

Mirran said:
Trygon said:

But you also have to consider that there are certain types of weed that are superior. There are methods of hydroponics, harvesting (and other shit I'm sure) that can increase the yield and quality of the weed you're growing. Living in B.C. I've sampled from a vast majority of flavours (from around the world even) and there are definitely 'brands' that stand out from the rest, and the shit people grow in their closet rarely get much repeat business.
This is a flawed statement, as the mans of growing the weed has relatively little to do with final potency. SWIM (Someone who I met) is gonna grow a batch of purple kush in the near future. I bet it hits me in the face like a marble rolling pin, even if it's homegrown.

So how does it not have much effect on the end result? >.<... I'll accept it if you explain the logic as to why it doesn't.

Mirran said:
So how does it not have much effect on the end result? >.<... I'll accept it if you explain the logic as to why it doesn't.
Because the genetics of the individual plant determine potency. Aero/hydro growing does help, but not near as much as simply using good seeds.

Trygon said:
Mirran said:
Because the genetics of the individual plant determine potency. Aero/hydro growing does help, but not near as much as simply using good seeds.
I believe in nature/nuture when it comes to growing things. Your plants need love <333~ (proper methods will at the very least increase the yield)

Mirran said:
Trygon said:
Mirran said:
I believe in nature/nuture when it comes to growing things. Your plants need love <333~ (proper methods will at the very least increase the yield)
But we weren't discussing yield, we were talking about potency.

Back
Top Bottom