Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Death Star

Alvis Alendran said:
You attempt to use logic in Star Wars?!? :p

I'm pretty sure you're right about the cycle, though they never made mention of any black holes actually forming from the stars that were detonated in the book series, nor in any of the extra reference materials on the subject. One might try and argue that the resonance torpedo might actually destroy enough of the matter to prevent the forming of a black hole (I am honestly too lazy to go and dig out the novels to check the actual way a torpedo is supposed to work according to the 'science' of it all.) It's anyone's game/guess really.

I'd actually forgotten the stars cycle of life/death. Shows how long it's been since I studied anything to do with astronomy.
Well, I am just saying. Though also logic leads me to believe we may never see aliens in our life time. Cause it is one thing to make a fly able scape craft but, to create a ship that can go faster than light seems kinda hard. Cause if you want to go to other galaxies you'd have to have enough speed to even surpass lightspeed. And even if you do that you'd need to make it so that once you go into that said speed that you don't die from the force it causes.

Vekseid said:
prettylyksin said:

• Can we put Spock's face up there instead?
      > >;;
      < <;;
      [/list:u][/list:u]

• Nimoy or Sylar?

I'm not even sure how to answer that...

The fact that you called him Sylar should be answer enough.

spock.gif

[/list:u][/list:u]

I wonder if you guys would know. Was the Death Star more powerful than the Star Forge?

The Star Forge is an excellent tactical advantage, point freely given, and I'd take it over a Death Star, (Well, the first one, maybe a completed second Death Star...) but my vote really would have to end up with the Wrold Devastators from the Dark Empire trilogy.

They worked on a similar principle to the Star Forge but had the avantage of A.) not being powered by dark side energies, giving them the pwoer to screw with your mind, B.) Could create more of themselves, and effect upgrades on themselves as well, and C.) being mobile. The molecular furnaces they mounted could break apart any mater, adn then use it to construct anything they needed.

It would be great if George Lucas got his head out of his ass and started working on the events that take place after RotJ. I'm sick of the Clone Wars stuff.

It would be awesome to have, but as far as Mr. Lucas is concerned...everthing written after RotJ? Never happened. There was never any story after that.

And other media that followed Dark forces. He was one of the founding members of the new Jedi Council along with Luke.

I'd love to see some of the expanded universe turned into movie format. The Thrawn Trilogy for sure. Can't argue with one of the only novel trilogies made without a new superweapon cropping up out of nowhere.

Yeah, the New Jedi Order series would be nice, but it's a bit of a brute to undertake. It was also a bit...annoying to have that many authors chugging away at it. It seemed that by halfway through, every author ended their trilogu claiming the Vong were finally on the back foot, on the way out, and then the next author ignored that completely and made them still overwhelming in number and power. Me=irritated

Oh lord, no. The idea of actually giving the terrible NJO series a movie is a truly repulsive idea.

About the only post RotJ EU worth putting to screen is the Thrawn Trilogy, and even that isn't as good as some would suggest. Sure, no super weapons or biological technology nonsense, but two hundred Dreadnaught class heavy cruisers being a major threat to a galactic scale civillisation like the New Republic, especially when you need three to try matching a Victory class Star Destroyer? Get the fuck out. I'd much rather see something like Coruscant Nights made into a film.

Sure, the Dreadnaughts aren't that great in a straight sluggin match. but come on, how often did Thrawn just doing a straight fight without having some kind of screwy tactic to piss off his opponent?

I mostly just like the concept of the Yuuzhan Vong. They're a spiffy bunch of people to fight.

Actually...Miraluka are by far my favorite species in the entire Star Wars history.

Alvis Alendran said:
Sure, the Dreadnaughts aren't that great in a straight sluggin match. but come on, how often did Thrawn just doing a straight fight without having some kind of screwy tactic to piss off his opponent?

The very notion that two hundred outdated warships would have any sort of notable effect on a war with the New Republic is total nonsense. And Thrawn did use the Katana Fleet in straight up fleet battles on a number of occasions (these engagements appear off-page, for the most part), and he was winning because of their influence. This flies so far into the face of a civillisation that can build the second Death Star in under a year, with materials transported by a single civillian shipping company in almost total secrecy. The Death Star is equivalent to millions of Imperial-class Star Destroyers.

Eaily agreed on the facts, saving the part where the Empire Thrawn got command of was a shattered, pale shadow of what it was when they built the Death Star. Add in the fact the New Republic wasn't exactly famous for maintaining a massive military, focussing more on civilian details, neither side was as built as it should have been. The dreanaughts weren't just sent in, they had to be refit first. Also, keep in mind the technology base in Star Wars hasn't exactly exploded in the time from Old the New republic. Yes, ships became much more powerful in speed and the like, but a turbolaser was a turbolaser. A a dreadnaught carried a fair count of them. (specific stats available on demand) Yeah, the Victory star destroyer was a decent ship, and the concussion missile launchers on it gave it a huge edge in ship to ship combat. But start using fighter to keep it honest, if you've an interdictor around, pull a Thrawn pincer on them, and that tends to do a gfreat deal of damamge in both shock terms, and physical hits.

Back
Top Bottom