Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Rude Awakening (Me x Eldrithe Whisperwind)

NerdsofSteel

Super-Earth
In the kingdom of Llysia, a man was climbing up Mount Theadus, one of the tallest mountains in the nation. He was heading to the ancient temple at the summit, a long forgotten relic from almost hundreds of years.A century ago, it used to be the home to a dragon and some of their cult worshippers. But now it was deserted, falling apart as there was no one there to take care of it. The two of them had threatened the nation, but the with the combined strength of all the kingdoms, they defeated and killed the dragons and the cultists. His grandfather, the previous king before his father, led a small a band of soldiers to slaughter the cultists and the dragons. Though they were outnumbered, his grandfather helped and his men were able to defeat them even if they lost many men during the battle. There was a total of five dragons, as well as twenty cultists who sided side with the dragons. And there was a sixth dragon, one that was the strongest of them all who had destroyed so many villages by herself.But it was his grandfather who had killed the sixth dragon, stabbing the creature’s back with his sword. But he wasn’t all lucky as the six one had ripped off one of his arms before he had killed her. He was lucky enough to kill the dragons but no so lucky to take his sword with him. As he was in too much pain after the battle was over. Today, the sword was still there.

The man climbing up the mountain hoping to retrieve his Grandfather's sword to bring it back with him. He was getting closer to become the next successor to the throne and the only way to show he was worthy to sit in, was to bring something that backs that could be considered to be rare or precious. The sword was both of them as no one had bothered to retrieve it even it was used to kill a very powerful dragon. Rather or not it would be hung up on the wall or have it repaired, it should show to his father that he would become a worthy king.

By the time he had reached the temple, it was almost nightfall. It had taken him four days climbing up the mountain, but he had finally even with the severe weather storms and dangerous wildlife that live here. Back then, when the dragons were around, it would have only taken two days to reach the mountain. But over a hundred years, Mount Theadus had got more now than before. Almost like some sort of higher being was trying to prevent anyone from reaching the old temple. It didn’t slow him down as he was determined to get the sword. As he had arrived at the temple, he slowly opened the large brass doors and went inside. He felt proud that he got this far and all he had to was get the sword and leave the temple

Darkness, emptiness, nothing. Hatred for the man that murdered her rushed through her entire being, what was left of it anyway. He would pay for what he has done, he will suffer. Liandra sensed something close, it felt familiar. Was it him? It couldn't be, it wasn't possible. Yet... she wasn't sure. Maybe death had dulled her senses. How long was she dead? a year? hundreds of years? Lianda did not know. Time seemed to stop the moment that damned sword was thrust into her back, piercing her heart. A sudden change of atmosphere permeated the temple, Lianda could feel it. But how? She was dead, she shouldn't feel anything. A stabbing pain pierced her thoughts, causing her to let out a blood curling scream. A scream that moaned with the wind flowing through the abandoned temple.

A sudden gust of wind circled around the room, kicking up thick dust and debris. The world outside quickly grew dark, even though it was mid-day. Liandra screamed louder, she felt like her entire being was being ripped apart. An ominous light emitted from the center of the temple, the place where Lianda had died. The same place where she ripped that mans arm off, oh how he deserved it. The wind swirled faster and faster, so fast that a small tornado formed in the room. In the center of that tornado erupted a figure, causing the wind to scatter in all directions.

Pain engulfed Liandra as she felt herself falling. With instinctive reflexes she pushed out arms that possibly couldn't be there. But they were there and she could feel the palms of her hands and knees painfully hitting the cobblestone floor. How was this possible? she was supposed to be dead after all. And why was she in a human body? none of this made sense. She could feel her heart racing inside of her chest at the thought of being alive.

Standing up and opening her eyes, she could see what was left of the temple that was once her salvation. Rotting furniture and books were scattered about the room, the faint stains of blood could still be seen. The blood of her fellow dragons and that of their following. Hatred seemed to pump through her newly resurrected veins, causing her breath to catch in her chest. "The humans will pay for this!" she screamed, extending her white and red wings. A light draft tickled over her pale naked skin, giving her goosebumps. Brushing a long strand of fiery red hair aside, she smiled a wicked smile, "He's coming".

Christ, what was that awful noise? It was so loud that he had to cover his ears to stop the ringing in his eardrums. Whatever it was, he now knew that he not alone here. The cry didn't sound human either - a monster perhaps. It could be one of the creatures that live in these mountains, using the temple as its home. Surely it couldn't have been a dragon as they were all slain hundreds of years ago. But no creature wasn't going to stop him from retrieving his grandfather's sword. He had seen countless of battle and achieve every last one of them. To him, this was just another battle to test his skills, rather his opponent was dragon or not. Should the creature might be a dragon, he felt confident he could kill it even if its existence wasn't plausible. Its head would make a fitting trophy either way.

Eventually, he made his way to the center of the temple, the air filled with the smell of decomposing corpses of humans and dragons alike. The bodies of the deceased humans were no more than skeletons while still wearing their armor that has rusted over a century. But the dragons though, they were still being decomposed by the maggots as their body were much larger than the humans they had sided with and fought. “Better get that sword out and quick or I’m going to puke.” He said murmuring as he felt slightly nauseated.

A few feet away from him, he saw something with a sword going through its back. It was hard to tell with all the darkness, but it may have been his grandfather's sword. Wait, that can’t be though. His sword had killed a dragon and the figure was much smaller than a dragon. it wasn't human either as its wings were spread apart. He wasn’t going to turn back and he wanted that sword no matter what was the cause. He drew his sword and shield, preparing that creature would attack him. “I will get that sword with every inch of my breath.” He said, approaching slowly to the creature.

Liandra breathed in the moldy air, oh how good it felt to be alive again. Stretching, she took a moment to examine her new body. "What a weak form I've taken. And what's this?" She peered over her shoulder, "That sword!" She growled. With a swish of her scaly white tail, she grabbed the sword by the hilt and freed it from her back. Placing it in her hands, Liandra scowled and twisted it around in her palms, contemplating on what she should do with it. She thought about destroying the metal weapon that severed her life once before, but that wouldn't placate her rage. Liandra knew what would make her happy, she would use that sword against the humans. Maybe take some prisoners and make them suffer by severing their limbs with the Kings trusted weapon. Oh how the thought made her happy, knowing that the weapon that had killed her would make others suffer.

A familiar scent wafted around the room once more, "Hello There." she said aloud, thrusting the tip of the sword into the broken stone of the floor. "You know, I don't care for games. Come out where I can see you, or I unleash the fury of the dragons" Her nostrils fumed, causing small puffs of smoke to escape and dance through the air. A stream of light filtered through the broken roof of the temple, illuminating the spot where Liandra stood. Her pearl colored horns that curved towards the front of her head glowed bright in the pure light, even the small horns that traveled from the front of her forehead down the middle of her scalp to the base of her neck shown just as bright.

Liandra's frosted red eyes danced around the room. "I will not warn you a second time. Come out now or I burn this place to the ground with you inside.This temple holds no meaning for me anymore and I don't care to torch this cursed burial ground!" She yelled, causing the room to tremble.

That voice, it sounded human - Female to be exact. But there shouldn't be any other people here as all had felt this place was a curse after the war. And then the voice had told him that he would suffer the fury of the dragon's if he does not show himself to it. So was the voice coming from a dragon or a human? Or perhaps both? In his entire existence, he had never once heard of dragon being both a dragon and a human. Maybe he was being deceived, an illusion perhaps but she had the sword and he wanted it from her. Her voice had sounded like she was filled rage and hatred, disgusted that their enemy had returned here when they defeated her and the rest of her kind.

There was a glow in the center of the temple, a location where the voice was coming from. He moved himself to the center, having his guard up should the creature attack him. The closer he got, the more he realizes that the creature herself didn't cast a glow but a light piercing through a crack in the temple was shining on her. Now he was only a few inches away from her and could recognize what she looked like. She had the form of a human but with features of a dragon such as the wings, horns, and a tail. At first, he was curious to found if the light had to do with her strange appearance. But then His eyes motioned towards her hands where she wielded his grandfather's sword. He felt angry that her dirty hands wrapped around his grandfather's swords. She had no right to touch what does not belong to her."

"My name is Allistair Tiamat and that right is grandfather's sword." He said as he pointed his sword at Liandra. " Dropped that sword so I can bring it back to my family. And I shall leave this without a shed of blood." That was the only he was going to be reasonable. The hatred between the two of them runs deep and he would not be surprised that she tries to attack him in act of vengeance. "Once I have what is rightfully mine, you can back to your slumber and I will never return."

"Grandfather?" Liandra sneered, hands choking the hilt of the late kings sword. "Tell me boy, is your grandfather still alive? I do hope he's still alive and kicking, for I would enjoy visiting my old friend." a mischievous chuckle escaped her lips. Pulling the sword out of the ground, she started pacing back and forth, debating on what her next move should be. If this man's claims were true and he was the grandson of that bastard, she would be more than delighted to rip him to shreds. Feeling his muscles and tendons tear beneath her claws would have been most satisfying. But she no longer had strong claws, they had been replaced with fleshy delicate human hands. Rage once again flared in her chest. "Do you know who I am? I used to be the most feared dragon in the land. Thousands of men had tried to kill me, and all failed... but one. That man was lucky, very lucky. I doubt you will be as lucky as he was. You want this sword? Then prove to me that you deserve to wield it!" She growled, throwing the sword across the room away from Allistair.

Taking a step forward to engage in battle, Liandra collapsed to her knees. "What is this?" she said in disbelief, "What have you done?!" She screamed, suddenly feeling weak. A rune on the floor glowed florescent green at the touch of her feet. The rune was placed there by her cultist years ago during the last battle in an attempt to disarm and weaken their human enemies, they were not designed to work on dragons. So why was it effecting her? determined to escape the green circle and fight her enemy, she started to pull herself across the floor towards Allistair. "I will not let your cursed family destroy me for a second time!" Extending her wings, she attempted to fly out of the circle and failed. Falling back onto hands and knees she could feel herself getting more tired. Before she could do anything else, Liandra passed out on the cold dusty floor.

Strange what was happening to her? He rose an eyebrow, confuse and even curious as she went all fierce and deadly to becoming weak and helpless as a rune activated below her feet. Though he wasn't born yet, he knew what kind of rune that was. His grandfather once told him that the humans loyal to the dragon would create spells when someone stood or stepped into one. Yet it wasn't supposed their dragon allies.But in a strange turn of events, the rune had activated and weakened her like any other human. Perhaps she was a human now after all, but how did that happen he did not know. As neither his grandfather nor his sword could have cast a curse on her. He would have known about it years ago the many times his grandpa had told him stories of the war. He just stood there, watching her as she tries to fly to escape from the circle but only to have herself collapsed on the floor. Passing as she no energy left within her.

But now he could pick up his grandfather sword and return home. All he had come here for was to take back the sword that belonged to his family and now he was going to get his chance. He went to pick up his grandfather's sword on the furthest side of the room and grabbed it by its hilt. He stared at its blade, seeing his own reflection in it. It didn't even look like there wasn't much damage even after a hundred years. It was going to make an excellent gift to his father and he would be one step closer to taking the throne. All he needed was a woman to marry him.

Allistair walked right over where the dragon's body was, still out cold and paled. The rune circle was completely gone as it had done its work upon her. He looked down at her, feeling a little pity as this once and powerful dragon had turned into a human wasn't much of a threat now. He could kill her, using his grandfather's sword to deliver the final blow once and fall. Or maybe leave her here and let her die here while she was unconscious. But what he decided to would go against everything he had stood for. Instead, he grabbed a rope that was lying on the ground and wrap it around her. Though she wasn't much of a threat to him now, he wasn't going to take his chances anyway. Next, he covered her body with a fur cloak on one of the corpses of his grandfather's men. It should keep her warm for the time being. It could bring dishonor to his family, but he needed something for her that only she could tell him. He sat on the ground and waited until she will wake up. Once she would answer his questions, then he would decide what to do with her.

Eyes fluttering open, Lianda groaned. She tried to move, but quickly discovered her limbs were bound with singed rope. "What the hell?!" she hissed through clenched teeth. Struggling to break herself free, the ropes tore at her skin ripping off flesh. Blood stained the fur cloak that was placed upon her. Giving up the fight, she laid on the floor in defeat "I don't understand, why did you spare my life? You could have killed me while I was vulnerable." she said in disbelief. This young man had every advantage over her and he chose to let her live, this baffled Lianda.

What is she going to do now? There was no way of getting out of this. If she was in her true dragon forum this wouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Once she was free she would find out why she was in a fleshy body instead of a strong body covered in hardened beautiful scales; destroying the humans would have to wait. On the day she was slain she had sworn to come back and claim her vengeance on the man that claimed her life, nothing was going to stop her from exacting her revenge; but her body was a major problem she wasn't sure she could deal with. Liandra felt the anger and fire in her start to dwindle. "So, young prince, what are your plans for me?" She said in a hushed voice as she locked eyes with him. She felt the anguish of defeat for the first time in her life.

Though they may be enemies, he wasn't sadistic. Other people could have tortured and raped her as an act of vengeance but he wasn't one of them. The war was over and the dragons had lost so there was nothing to gain to commit such heinous crimes on this one. "Nothing. Nothing at all. But I'm planning to take you with me." He says as he rubbed his if he should give her to his father as a gift. It would be a much better gift than his grandfathers sword, but he wasn't one hundred percent sure. Perhaps he wanted to see how will she act as looks almost like a human know.

"I'm more interest in how were you able to become a human. As far as the legends say, dragons can't turn into humans. Should they be able to, you would have defeated us so easily because we wouldn't be able to you apart." He was concerned that there could be more dragons in disguise as humans after the war was over. The dragons could be planning for another assault without them knowing. Maybe she did not know she could this, but others like her could have and that was frightening so bringing her to the other nations was the best course of action."Does your kind of the powers to turn into humans?"

"Dragons are not supposed to have human forums. At least that's what I thought... I'm not so sure I believe that anymore." Liandra explained, "I plan on finding out once I'm free of these bonds. There has to be a book somewhere in the hidden archives that explains what's going on. Now cut me free so I can discover the answers to my questions!" She hissed, a faint spark of determination lit her eyes.

Liandra once again tugged at the ropes. "I wish to be free. Is there any way I can procure my freedom? a deal perhaps?" her wings struggle to extend, rope becoming taunt the more she pushes. The sun was now starting to set. She wasn't sure what she was going to do, she had never been put in position like this before. So weak, so frail. Maybe she could manipulate this man into helping her.

"If our positions were reversed, would you untie me?" He had let her live and that was as fall he was willing to go to help her. The two of them did not trust one either, but he had the upper hand as she was tied up. Her powers were depleted and she was now humanoid. The playing field was balanced now and he could kill her instant as she was longer a dragon. But if she wanted to be untied she would have to earn his trust first.

"No, I wouldn't think so as we are still enemies. You know it in your gut that you would leave me tied up." He gave Liandra a very stern look now. "I would think not should I be luring you into a trap." He was not going to accept any terms for him as she was in no place to negotiate. In truth, she would have to listen to his terms if she wanted to be free, but his instinct was telling him that she could not be trusted. If she ever finds a way to gain her strength, she could kill him and everyone he knew. "I'm going to keep you like this for now until I decide when it is right to untie you. It could be tomorrow, a week, a month, or even a year. Do I make myself clear? You should be grateful that I had been merciful to you. But I pray it won't haunt me in the back."

Liandra's face wrinkled in a smirk, "Your smarter than you look." She cocked her head to the side. "If you were to set me free I would kill you." Lianda knew this man would be true to his word and not release her unless he trusted her. "But you do realize young prince that trust goes both ways. How do I know your not going to just kill me? you do have the upper hand after all. I can see you giving me to your grandfather or mounting my head as a trophy." She paused in thought, "Although it would be flattering knowing that your family has to gaze upon my visage for years to come. But I rather detest the idea of dying again." The faint hoot of an owl echoed off of the temple walls.

"If we are going to gain each others trust why not start off with my name. My name is Liandra. Also known as Liandra the death sweeper. You don't have to tell me your name again, I remember it Allistair." Her eyes locked onto Allistair's, "So, what's next? you going to leave me tied up here? surely you have a plan." She asked.

"I do and I plan to take you with me. Liandra the Death Sweeper." Death Sweeper. Did she give herself the title for the countless people she had killed? And should she gain the powers to turn back into a dragon, he had a bad feeling she would do the same thing all over again. It had made him angry where he did want to kill her where she stands. But no, he wasn't going to let his vengeance get the better of him. He Was a man of honor after all. "But rather if I bring you to my father or not...Well, I haven't decided yet." He could even become king right away should he bring Liandra to his father. But her questions were also his questions as he too was curious what had happened to her.

But even though he had shown her mercy, he wasn't going to let his guard down. She talks about the two needing to trust one another, but he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. For all he knew, she wanted him to trust him so he could kill her. "I have only kept your arms tied so you can still walk. And no I'm not going to until you just right away." The only time where he would set her free without hesitation if their lives could be in danger. Say they were surrounded by a group of bandits or enemies of his father. Though he wishes none of those scenarios would ever happen. "You're a dragon; perhaps the last one of your kind. So your hatred for my kind runs deep I believe. So even you look like a human, you could still kill me. Maybe in my sleep using one of my swords to slit my throat."

He took a piece of bread from his sack and handed near her mouth as he wasn't going to until her hands. "Here. eat this. I bet you're hungry and you will need your strength as we descend downhill." He grabbed another one with his free hand and began to chew on it. "Perhaps I will take into considering to find out why no longer look a dragon. But only for my people's benefit and not yours."

The smell of the bread was inviting. Liandra had never eaten bread before nor any human food; Raw meat was all she had ever tasted. Wondering if it was poisoned she sniffed it, taking in it's buttery scent. Stomach growling she bent over picked up the offered bread with her mouth and began chewing on it. It wasn't too hard, she didn't need her hands to eat when she was a dragon so why would she need to now. A flood of flavor swarmed around in her mouth. Did it really taste delicious? or does it taste good because she hadn't eaten in years? Taking a moment to breath she asked Allistair, "So this is bread? What's in it? I've never tasted anything like this before in my entire life."

Moments later Liandra finished off what was left of her meal and pondered her next move. She really wanted to kill Allistair, but she knew that she needed his help finding clues as to what happened to her. An Idea struck her, "By any chance are necromancers still around? Years ago when I ruled this land only a small handful still existed. They were being hunted and slain because they were accused of helping my kind." Liandra paused and smiled, "Rumors were partially true, only the low ranking necromancers helped us, the more powerful ones kept their hands clean. If there are any still alive they might refuse to help me, but they might have a harder time turning down the prince."

A necromancer? He heard about them but had never seen them before. What little he did knew was that they could raise the dead, so Liandra must have believed one of them could tell her why was she turned into a humanoid against her will. If they had been hunted and slain, finding one was going to be near impossible to do. But if the much older necromancers would not help her, then at the very least he could help her find one.

"Well, I don't know where to find one of these necromancers. And I'm sure that the majority of them are dead by now. But if you want me to find then alright I'll do it." He could be walking into a trap. Though he had never seen one his life, Liandra could somehow use a Necromancer to raise an undead army for her. She could no longer turn into a dragon, but having mindless corpse at her disposal was the next best thing for her. Or have a necromancer kill him if she could not do it herself. That is, if she was trying to deceive him. "But just a reminder, I might ask one of these Necromancers to give me a spell that would send you back to your grave should you ever try to kill me once you become a dragon again," he says, crossing his arms as he started to smirk. "Who knows? Maybe you are trying to find ways to kill me as we speak."

"I should be thinking of ways to kill you, but i'm not. My current physical state has me more... preoccupied at the moment. Fantasies of burning off your flesh will have to wait." Amusement dripped off of Liandra's tongue. It was too soon to think of killing this young man, he was a valuable asset to her at the moment. Without him she may never be a true dragon again. Liandra took in a deep breath, collecting her thoughts. "If my memory serves me correctly, the necromancer's used to live in a hidden gully they call Thesria. It's somewhere in the Condron mountains. That's where we should be heading. Just so you know I have never been to Thesria, our cultist knew the coordinates....." She paused and looked around the room, "But as you can see, they are indisposed at the moment. In the morning we can head to the Condron mountains and question any villages we find nearby, maybe someone knows something."

Liandra eyed the prince as she laid her head down on the floor. "You better rest young prince, who knows what challenges we will face in the coming days. Sleep well...." she trailed off as she shut her eyes. That night Liandra dreamt of finding Thesria and regaining her scales. She relished in her victory of becoming whole again, but then she was struck down from above by Allistair. He wielded the same sword as his grandfather, once again thrusting it into her back and piercing her heart.

Startled by her dream Liandra's eyes flew open, fire burned wildly around her dilated pupils. The soft glow of the sun peaked through the holes and cracks of her once favored home. It was morning, and it was time to move.

He was up watching her as those red, reptilian eyes opened. "Morning sleepy head. Did you slept well?" He said grinning a little with a sarcastic tone. Unlike Liandra who had slept for most of the night, he only got five hours of sleep. Like the other knights of his father's army, Allistair had been trained the past few hours where sleep no longer needed to be necessary. As it was vital during the times of war so the enemy would not ambush him and his other fellow knights. True, he got the same number of hours sleep like any other average person. But at times, like these getting little sleep was vital for him to be alert.

The grin on his face disappeared as he stood up, walking behind Liandra to pull her up. His mind didn't change of removing those ropes around her. Allistair to knew she was itching to kill him should she turn into a dragon. He did not like the idea of bringing her to this Necromancer if helps her to turn her back into a dragon.Socceres like them could not be trusted and he could see why they were being hunted down. "So I guess our first stop is one of the mountains located in the Condron Mountains? I could always stock up on gear should they have a trading post. " He then realizes that even if Liandra was not a full dragon, people could still the wings and tail on her. They had to be hidden at all costs unless they wanted a mob of angry villagers. "Wait right here," Allistair said as he looks around the temple to find a cloak that would fully cover her. Fifteen minutes, later he comes back not with a cloak but a very large blanket. Throws it over her body. He started to laugh. "All man! This reminds of the time my little brother dressed up as a ghost to scare our maids' daughter! My father gave him spanking when he pulled that stunt. Though I thought it was kind of funny."

Was he mocking her, "Seriously?" She glowered, "This is ridiculous! I'm going to stick out worse now." Liandra sighed, doing her best to fix the blanket that was crudely thrown over her. Getting frustrated she pulled the blanket off and tossed it to the floor, "This will never do. How do you expect me to do anything without the use of my hands? If you would untie me I could make this blanket look somewhat decent. Personally I find clothing to be too constricting and never understood why humans fawned over the silly fabric." She looked at the blanket with disgust.

Liandra thought back to before she died, she thought of the women and what types of outfits they wore before she devoured them. The soft colorful fabric embellished with lace and pearls easily ripped between her sharp teeth. She also thought of the humans that assisted her in her ambition, how they sewn their battle torn fabric with a needle and thread. 'I can do that.' Liandra thought to herself, confident that she could do what every human was capable of doing. Now all she had to do was convince him to untie her.

"I understand that I stick out like a sore scale, but won't people start asking more questions if they see me bound?" she inquired, "I promise not to attack you. I can give you the dragon's oath if that's what it will take. Don't get me wrong, I really do want to kill you, but it would be rather idiotic of me if I dealt with you now. The thing is, I need you. Something I hate admitting to someone of your bloodline." Liandra resisted the urge to vomit, was she really going to go through with the oath? She had never made a pact with a human before, the very idea made her skin crawl. "The dragon's oath is sacred among my people. By making a pact with me I become bound to you. It stays in effect until we have accomplished our mutual goal, aka finding out how I'm alive and in a human body. If you agree to this..." She paused and viciously bit her lip tearing off a chunk of skin, bright red blood with flecks of blue dripped down her pointed chin. "All you have to do is drink my blood. I will warn you that I have never performed the dragon's oath before so i'm not sure what will happen to you once you drink my blood." She smiled at him, unsure if she was ready for what happens next.

It sounded disgusted, to the drink the blood of the dragon. Not knowing what the potential side effects there could be. Her promises meant nothing to him as eventually, she would try to kill him. But should they ever come across bandits or even other monsters, then he would need her help. Even if he hated the idea of her helping him. But if this pact the two of them partake would not let her lay even a single touch on him, then he would drink her blood. He felt queasy just thinking about it.

He took his sword and slice the ropes that bounded her body, the shredded pieces falling down to the cold, icy ground. "I will take this oath with you. Don't think I'll be giving you my weapons so you can spill your blood for me to drink. I want them by my side should this blood pact between us was just scam." He then let out a smirk."As you say, you have never done it before. And if I were to die, then that would you be joining with me to the afterlife as our fates are bound to each other." Allistair sheathed his sword. "Wouldn't you agree?"

Mildly surprised that she was set her free, Liandra quickly considered flying away but rejected the idea as fast as it crossed her mind. She hated to admit it but she desperately needed help on this. If she flew away now not only would it make things more complicated, but she would also have the prince and every able man out to kill her. Plus, Allistair knew where she planned on going, so the idea of escaping was not an option. She could kill him first and then fly away, but she still needed him so that option was also out of the widow. It looks like her only option is to go through with the dragon's oath, an option she thought she would have never chosen. Being dead for over a hundred years has made her soft.

Flexing her newly freed limbs she wiped at the blood that was still dripping down her chin with her long tongue. "I don't need your weapons, keep them. I don't want you getting killed by some idiotic bandit. I presume they are still around? humans rarely change." Bringing up her left arm she sliced at it with her right hand fingernails, leaving a thin delicate line of newly exposed blood. Liandra smiled as the blue flecks danced around inside each crimson drop. Dragon's blood was not only hard to come by it was also sought after for it's beauty. "I do have to admit that I am surprised you set me free before making the bond. Here," She offered her arm to the young man, "Since the blood coming from my lip isn't to your liking, how about my arm. Please do make this quick." she spat, a tinge of nervousness creeping through her voice. 'please don't make me regret this' she pleaded into the unknown.

"Believe me. I am going to take no joy in this. But if this will stop you from trying to kill me, at least temporary. Then so beat it." A blood pact between the two of them, how infuriated. His father had seen him like this, he would have disowned Allistair tight this very moment for not killing the dragon when he had the chance. He had honor not to kill an unarmed enemy, but she was a dragon so even someone like his own father would have broken the code just for this moment. And possibly wiping out what could be the very last dragon.Forgive me, father and grandfather, for I have sinned today.

Allistair moved closer as he looked at the freshly made wound Liandra had made and began to drink from it as he pressed his mouth against her wound. But new to this, he wasn't sure how much should he drank so he moved away sixty seconds later and stood back from her, coughing and throwing up a little. It wasn't like he was in pain or anything but the taste of her blood was nasty. Glad this will be the only time I have to do this terrible atrocity. "I am sure when this over we would be each other's throats. So I look forward killing you when that time comes." The young male said, smirking a little. "But you should find something to disguise yourself before we leave. Make yourself a coat if needed."

The world swam around as Liandra tried to focus on Allistair. 'Is this supposed to happen?' she thought to herself, unsure of why she was feeling this way. With a sudden snap her vision focused and she felt clearheaded. "That's it? That wasn't so terrible. I thought there would be some pain involved." Liandra shrugged, "Not that i'm complaining. I'm just kind of surprised. I was under the impression that the pact wasn't something you take lightly."

Hearing Allistair's talk about killing her sent a grin creeping across her face. "You kill me? I think not. It took years for your grandfather to get lucky, I doubt you will be as lucky. And yes, you are correct, I should get a disguise. I'll be back, going to the living quarters to look for a needle and thread." Liandra started making her way to where the cultist lived and slept. She felt that maybe she would get lucky and find something to wear and not have to sew anything.

Reaching the living quarters she started rooting around in the abandoned dressers. This half of the temple was untouched by time, not even a mouse could be found hiding within. It had looked like nothing had changed and one of her loyal followers would come walking in any minute asking why she was snooping through their belongings. Finding a pouch filled with needles and thread she grabbed a dull brown cultist cloak that was draped over a dusty bed. "This will have to do." The cloak was rather big on her. With determined fingers she went to work making alterations.

Two hours passed and she had finally finished. Bringing in the waist, letting out the back so her wings could move freely and adding draping down the front and back, Liandra was pleased with her work. Pulling on the cloak she folded her wings across her sides, giving the illusion she was wearing an intricate dress. As long as the top of her wings were covered nobody would be the wiser.

Before journeying back to the prince she turned around to take one last look at the rooms, pondering on how things would have been differently if she hadn't of perished in her last battle. On light feet she made it back to the prince. "Let's go."

"Let's depart then." He had said to her as they started to leave the old, ruined temple. As they had come out, they would quickly notice that temperature was much much colder. Sure the old cultist temple was just as cold as it was outside, but at least the temple with its stone wall had protected them from the wind and snow even by just a little. But he would follow where Liandra wanted to go. She had mentioned to him that should head to Condron Mountains but he had no idea where the Condron Mountains was other than it should be somewhat close here.In fact, he wasn't familiar with this part of the region, to begin with. "Where is this Condron Mountains you have talked about? I don't where it is so you would have to lead the way."

He still felt it to be wrong to make this blood pact with her as she knew last about it than he did. How could someone like her whose race had performed these taboo rituals would not know much about them? Liandra wanted to find this necromancer, that she still belive they exist, to find away to undo this spell on her. But he may just ask this necromancer of knew anything about this blood pact. He hated to ask advice from someone who was master of the dark arts as well the kind his father had hunted down. But he really wanted to know if there were any other side effects to this pact. Like if one of them dies, the other person would die, for example. And that caused the hair on arms to stick up that his life was tied into hers right now.

Liandra was pleasantly surprised when she discovered that walking on the cold stone barefoot hadn't bothered her. She had half expected to be a cold and shivering mess. "The mountains are this way." She pointed off towards the south east from their position, a cluster of foggy mountains could be seen in the distance. Between their position and the mountains stood a dense forest, they would have to travel through it to get to their destination. "I can't be sure how long the walk will be, I have only ever flown." She paused to think, " If my memory serves me, my human followers that traveled to Condron spent five days away. They reported only staying there one day, which means that it should take us two days to get there on foot. Let's hurry up and get this over with." She ordered while walking off towards their destination.

The three hour walk it took to reach the forest wasn't too infuriating. Liandra hadn't spoken a word the entire time, she was too busy thinking and plotting. She thought about her decision of the pact, was it the right decision? did it truly work, or is the pact a fairy tail told by her ancestors? Maybe she needed to test it out to make sure for herself, but how? That was a question she wanted answered before going into the forest. Stopping just outside the forest edge Liandra quickly turned towards Allistair and attacked. Knocking the young man over, she straddled his waist and brought sharped nails bearing down towards his heart. Before her nails could touch his body, a wave of searing pain engulfed her. It felt like her entire body was being ripped apart from the inside. The pain was so intense that Liandra hadn't realized she was screaming till after she pushed herself off of him. "That answered a lot of questions." She managed to croak out before falling to hands and knees.

(awww crap sorry for the delay!)

What Allistair hadn't expected was for Liandato attack as she pushed him into the ground. He was going to reach for his sword but she was quick and caught him off guard as she set on top of his waist and tried to pierce his heart. "What the hell are you doing?!" He shouted as all of sudden he hard cry out in agony while screamed and got off him, still in pain. Well it seems, the pact did have its uses after all. He got up from the dirty ground, brushing himself. "Serves you right," he said as he lends her hand to help her up. "If you try that stunt again, at least warn me." he said as continue walking

Allistair looked at his surroundings and stopped. Then he crouched down and look at the ground. Taking some dirt into his hands, he began to sniff at it. He was high alert now as he could tell that they were not alone. He put his ear on top of the ground, and could feel the whole ground shaking, even just a little. "Tell me are you well enough to fight?" he whispered to his companion.

Back
Top Bottom