Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Rude Awakening (Me x Eldrithe Whisperwind)

Taking the young prince's hand, Liandra pulled herself up and brushed off her covered knees. "Warning you might have produced a different reaction. You had to be afraid of loosing your life." The dragon paused and gave him a toothy grin, "Plus, If it hadn't of worked I would have had a surprise attack on you."

"Why are you sniffing the ground? humans are odd creatures." As Allistair put his ear to the ground and asked if she could fight, she knew at that moment what was going on; she could sense something was coming. "More than well enough. Do you know what's coming?" She inquired, senses on high alert.

Yes, and it was very big as the sounds of the vibrating got louder and louder. It was an animal, a very large animal that was coming this way. There weren't any visible tracks, but there was the odor of animals dead carcass. Most likely an anima's killed that it had in its mouth. If only Liandra hadn't tried to attack him as now something the forest knew where they were. He got up from the ground, as he could noise of an animal grunting. The bushes were brushed to the side, and a few of the little critters scurried away out of fear. " Get ready!" he said as what had come around was a ten feet pig.

The massive pig had a raccoon in its teeth and swallowed it whole. Its eyes watched to unusual creatures standing right in front of him. It could tell that neither of them was alike as they had different appearances. It did not attack first, as it was trying to tell which one of them was a much bigger threat to him. It cried out and started to charge at Allistair, its head almost touch the ground as if it wanted to ram him.

Allistair barely got out of the way as the pig charge at him. He stabbed the pig on one of its behind legs, but it barely slowed down as it headed for Liandra now. All it had
was to make oversize pig as its speed picked destroying everything in its sight."You sure you don't want my sword?!" he shouted.

For the briefest of moments Liandra had debated on flying away and letting the human battle alone. How easy it would be to unfold her wings and fly up into the sky, leaving him to his fate. Something inside of her urged her to stay, to protect him. Was this happening because of the Dragon's Oath? before she could ponder more on her actions, the vile pig charged towards her.

"I have no need for foolish human weapons." She replied to Allistair. Throwing off her clothes, she patiently waited for the pig to get closer. Once it was within reach, she dodged the creature while using her tail to wrap around one of it's front legs. Coming out of the roll, she pulled as hard as she could with her tail, this caused the creature to trip over itself and fall face first into the hard ground. While the pig was dazed, Liandra extended her wings and took flight, heading right towards the enemy. Jumping on its back, she extended her flawed hands and shoved them into the creatures eyes.

Liandra could feel a wet pop as her fingers sunk into one of the pigs eye sockets. The creature thrashed and squealed in pain, knocking the dragon off of its back. "It's partially blind, lets finish this!" she yelled to the prince while preparing for her next attack.

He started to sprinted towards the pig as it trash and cried while he still wasn't in the pig's sights. He only had one chance of this, so he better make it count. Otherwise, the pig would toss him to the ground and would stomp on him. Perhaps even killing him. All he had to was time his movement correctly. As he charges at the pig, he made a giant leap and landed on the pigs. Grabbing out a pair of daggers with both of his hands as he started to stab at the pig's neck over a dozen times. The cries coming from the pigs' mouth got louder and louder while blood was gushing out from its wounds. It through Allistair to the ground and tried to stomp but he managed to get the way by performing a somersault at the very last minute, giving him enough distance between him and the pg. “Finish him off Liandra!” he shouted as the pig continued to thrash about. He was finding this to be very interesting. Two enemies working together defeat a common foe. It felt kind of amusing how they had let go of their hate for one another. But it may not last, so there wasn't any reason for him to get used to it.

Fire bubbled up inside of Liandra's chest, causing her lungs to burn with power. Flying into the air above the wounded creature, she opened her mouth and released a wave of orange fire that enveloped the creature. The Pigs violent screams echoed around them as it thrashed around in an attempt to put out the fire that was consuming it alive. The pig collapsed onto the ground seconds later, it's body still covered in the raging fire.

"That was interesting." laughed Liandra as she landed onto the ground. "I remember eating creatures like this one when I was still alive. very meaty." her stomach growled at the idea of eating meat. "Take some for the road?" she asked while digging her sharp fingernails into their fallen snouted foe and ripping out some chunks of flesh for later.

Spotting her abandoned clothes, she walked over to them and placed the food on the ground before pulling the itchy cloth over her naked body. Bending down once again to pick up the chard meat she turned back towards the prince she smiled "I'm ready when you are."

Even at her weakened state, Liandra still had some power within her. Luckily, she could not harm without harming herself as they had made a blood pact together. A very wise mood for him to agree on even he did not know that she could still breath fire."Should have told me that still had some of your powers?"

The pig was burned to a crisp and he watched her approaching the charred body and asked him if they should take some with him. No sense letting all that meat go to waste. "Go right ahead," he said to her. He could use the pork's fat to give him the calories he needs for each time they might get into a battle. Fighting against enemies can really make a man hungry.

"Anyways we should be getting going. No doubt the pig corpse would attract a pack of wolves or other predators," he said to here as they left the area and continue on in the forest. "So tell me, why would your race want to take in humans as your disciples? You're much stronger than us, so asking help from a weaker species sounds kind of odd, don't you think? Did you brainwash them or something?"

Liandra smiled wickedly at the young prince, "Are you worried that I'll brainwash you or something?" She let out a soft giggle and shook her head, "We may have powers, but brainwashing isn't one of them. The humans chose to be our followers. They believed that we were meant to rule this world and all of the creatures in it." The sound of a skittering critter rustled the tree leaves above their heads, "At first we didn't keep them around...." She stopped walking and looked up at the sky. "Knowing that they would do anything for us, we demanded them to sacrifice themselves to our hunger. For years we ate the humans that were willing to give up their lives to us. It wasn't until our numbers started dwindling that the elders decided to recruit them instead of consuming them."

Liandra shrugged her shoulders and continued walking, "It was a dark time for us dragons. Oh, and about what happened back there. Did you expect me to tell you all of my secrets?" Little did she let the prince know, she was exhausted from breathing that fire. Just walking had started to take its toll on whatever energy she had left.

Sacrificial slaves? Well serves them right for joining with the dragons as they ate them."Can't say I feel sorry for them. They got what they deserved." Though they were never brainwashed, they were at least crazy enough to join with the dragons as they just give themselves willingly to satisfy the dragon's appetite. And yet their own elders decided that they have to stop all because of their numbers shrinking. "I am assuming your numbers decreasing has some to do with the war we had, right?" he asked as then he cocked his head to the side. "Or was it something else?"

The sky began to darken as they walked in the forest. Tiny drops of rain were coming down and then it started to pour heavily. It was going to slow them down to get the village, but they had nothing to keep them from getting wet. And he would hate to see the pork go bad too. He then notices a cave right in front of them. There could be animals living in there, but it was better than getting wet. "We should take shelter in there," he said pointing to the cave.

Drenched and slightly cold, the dragon followed the prince into the cave. "A little of both. Some of us were too cocky and allowed themselves to be captured and killed. Others died because of internal conflict for power." Upon entering the cave, she surveyed the area. A few rats scurried around, frantically seeking for a place to hide. "Looks like there are no predators in here, for the time being."

Liandra pulled off the drenched brown fabric that was draped around her human body and threw it across a large bolder. Goosebumps erupted across her naked skin and she began to shiver. "Something must be wrong with me. What did you do?" she demanded while glaring at the young man. Her teeth began to chatter. "Why am I so cold? Dragons do not get cold!" echoed her scream. "I know, i'll just use my fire to warm myself up." As she tried to conjure the fire she felt the flame fizzle out in her chest, "I must have overdone it earlier. That would explain why my body is reacting this way. It's just.... so cold." she explained through chattering teeth.

Being a humanoid now, Liandra was going have to get used to the cold. Being a dragon might have kept her warm from the coldness, she would learn quickly enough that human cannot handle such weather like other animals could. Perhaps the longer she stays as a human, the sooner it takes for all the human traits to kick in. And the only way to reverse it is to remove the curse from her. Should it not be too late that is for her to turn back into a dragon.

He wasn't going to totally heartless though. He took off his heavy fur cloak and wrapped it around. "Don't get too sappy on me now just because I let you wear it." he said to her as he started to grabbed a few dried up branches together and began to make a fire by rubbing two rocks together. "I expect to get it back by morning." as the fire got big enough he sat down on the ground, crossing his legs. The cave they were could even be a tunnel but he was no mood to explore. Forgot about there be bears in here, there could be something much bigger than had its home here. Perhaps bigger than that pig."Since we got some food from that pig, we might as well eat."

Why was he being so nice? The dragon eyed Allistair suspiciously as she accepted the fur cloak, which she eagerly wrapped around her shivering body. "Just because you are lending me your cloak doesn't mean you've gained my favor, human." She said while watching him build a fire from dry branches that were strewn around the cave.

Watching the flames of the fire build, Liandra couldn't help but feel mesmerized. She thought about her life before now, how happy and content she was being waited on hand and foot, and how people cowered in her presence. Now she was a shell of her former self, cold and weak. To top it all off, she was partnered up with a human who's bloodline she despised.

A small part of her is slightly intrigued by the young man; why didn't he kill her when she stepped on that trap? why is he choosing to help her, his family enemy? was she missing something? He was slowly growing on her, which she would never admit to him; doesn't mean she still didn't want to rip him to pieces.

"So..." she paused while bitting off a chunk of charred meat. "What did your.... grandfather tell you about our battle?" just mentioning that man flared up her deep seeded hatred for him.

He watched as she took a bite out of the cooked meat and the notice the look on her face heating up when she mentioned his grandfather. Even if most of her powers were, he sees a little spark in her eyes. A dying hatred for the man who had slain her." He said you were hard to kill. That the battle lasted over an hour or perhaps even more. It may have ended sooner if the cultists didn't stop interfering." "But he said it was the best battle he ever had and enjoyed killing a worthy opponent."

"Maybe you're wondering he didn't retrieve his sword after he stabbed you with it. Well, he was gravely injured upon returning back with the last of his men."He unsheathed his grandfather's sword and twirled it around. The sword had survived the harshness of the mountains' cold weather for so long. He had not used the sword when they attacked the boar, but its condition told him that it could still kill any beast.."You ripped off his left arm with your claws and.....I believe you ate it front of him. I am surprised he was still managed to fight thought. Must be in my families bloodline I guess."He then put the sword back and lay it on his lap.

"I should kill you though but I have not yet decided what do with you just yet. I can bring your back to my father and there he would decide your faith. Or one when you are able to transform back to a dragon."He did want to kill her, but as he told her before, he had no desire to fight a helpless opponent. Though she would most likely not give the same favor if she was in his shoes. Plus, he just wanted to see this necromancer and what did he had to say about why Liandra lost all of her power. "Perhaps I might release you. Or maybe have your hand in marriage where you will bear me many sons and daughters... "He kept quiet, didn't say a word as he wanted to see the look on her face when he asked her to bare his children for him."Forgot the last part, I was merely kidding. I wouldn't want your blood to taint to my families lineage. " he smirked at her as he sank his teeth into to the cook boar.

The dragon mulled over what he had just said, "Then why haven't you taken me to your father? I'm sure they would erect a statue in your honor for turning me in. Dub you 'The Dragon conquerer' for capturing me. Since I may very well be the last Dragon alive, you will live on in legends." Liandra paused to pull the cloak tighter around her body, listening to his talk about marriage and children. Her eyes narrowed at this and sent a small shiver down her spine. "You could force me to be your wife, but I can't guarantee I will be able to bear you children. I may have a human body now, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can procreate like one. There is also no guarantee that I wouldn't slit your throat while you sleep. well...You could keep me caged up, but you would have to explain to our children why you lock their mommy up in a cage at night." She flashed him a wicked grin, "You never know, being caged up and forced to bed with you might not be that bad." Liandra laughed and wondered if what she had said came as a surprise.

As the night became colder, small animals began entering the cave for protection. But fearing the human and dragon, they kept to the shadows. Liandra felt a cold draft enter the cave and tug at the edges of the prince's cloak. Small wisps of air manage to penetrate the fur and crawl across her scaleless body, causing her to shiver and scoot closer to the fire. Trying to keep warm, she glanced up at him, curious of wether he was cold as well or if it was just her. "Are you not cold?" She asked, curiosity getting the best of her.

His eyes turned to look at her when she asked him if he was cold. Liandra sure as hell was the way her whole body was shivering. He was cold too, but not as bad as her. But when the hours will pass, it will even get more colder in here. And then he would start shivering as badly as Liandra."I am." he said to her as he scoots closer to his dragon companion. "I suggest you eat them. They will you give the fat to keep you warm." he said as he handed her his piece than gave her another.

This was unbearable to watch her shivered. Allistair began to feel sorry for her he that she could not handle the cold like he could. They might be known to be sworn enemies, but no one should have to suffer like that. Even someone like her. I know I am going to regret this. He said to himself letting a sigh. What he was going to suggest might consider disgusting for her, but it was the only way Liandra wouldn't suffer from hypothermia. Allistair needed her to stay alive and he had no medicine to help her if conditions get worse. "I....might have an idea to keep you warm...." he said feeling a little embarrassed what he was going to suggest to her. "But involves us removing all our clothes and having our bodies touch one another." Though he was going to keep his loincloth over his crotch covered so she wouldn't see his manhood. "We will use the fur coat to cover us." He was practically suggesting that they should get naked have their bodies touch other to keep the other warm.It made his stomach twist and turned as it was no different than a couple of lovers cuddling each other.

The dragon's cheeks flushed a bright red, an odd color against her unnaturally pale skin. 'His body up against mine? is that how humans keep warm when there are no garments available?' she thought to herself. 'No, this has to be a trick, there is no way a human would willingly lay down with me. Especially this human.' In response to her thoughts, Lianda's chin started to chatter uncontrollably. The shuttering spasms enveloped her entire body, she needed to do something fast and maybe his suggestion would work.

"F...fine, I agree to your id...idea." The feisty dragon looked down at the floor, face still flushed, voice soft. "If you d... do anything funny, I will find a way to break our bond and destroy you." Was she making the right decision? she hoped so for her sake. Eyes still glued to the floor she dropped the fur coat onto the cold stone floor, revealing her nude body underneath. "Let's hurry this up, i'm f... freezing." She said while wrapping her arms around her torso in an attempt to block out some of the cold.

What was he even thinking? Getting naked with Liandra and have the bodies touch one another? O hell, he may as well light some candles and gives her flowers. He was desperate sure, to stay cold. But this was just crazy as they don't even like each other. He was freezing cold and so was she, but he was going to hate himself the next day just for sleeping with her. They would have to find another around the mountains. But at least he would have his loincloth around his crotch so she could not see it.

He nodded his head and began to take off his clothes until he was only his loincloth that hugged around his waist. He slowly knelt down and lied on the cold, stone floor. He grabbed his fur clothes and pulled it over his body. He then slowly leaned forward and stare at Liandra."Well? What are you waiting for? Do you want to start warm or get hypothermia?" He said to her, his face slightly red as shudder a little that his body would be touching hers. It had been so long he had felt the skin of another woman. And he didn't expect this to happen. Nor did he wanted to.

The dragon looked down at the prone man on the ground in front of her. What she really going to do this? She bit her bottom lip, a mixture of frustration and confusion raging battle inside her head. There has to be another way, there just has to be. Someone of her caliber shouldn't have to degrade herself in this manner, to bed beside a human. A human who's family fought with her's for generations. Liandra was frustrated because every fiber of her being hated this man's bloodline, but on the other hand, she knew there was no other way.

A cold breeze roared through the entrance and whirled around the dry cave. The chilly air bit at her soft exposed skin, her muscles tightening up in response. Rushing over to the young man, she pulled up the fur cloth and laid down next to him, her back resting on the hard floor. laying beside him she dared not get too close, she wanted to retain some of her dignity. The problem was, she still felt cold.

Another swift rush of air circulated around the room, tugging at the corners of the makeshift blanket, tickling at the inhabitants who resided underneath. Before she even realized what she was doing, Liandra snuggled up to Allistair, her body seeking refuge from the unrelenting temperature that continuously dropped every second. Her body pressed up against his, drinking in the warmth from his skin.

Laying on her right side, her head resting on his left shoulder, torso and legs pressed against his side, her wings tightly folded up behind her; she felt the tremors in her body start to subside. She felt... comfortable. Being ashamed of herself she tightly closed her eyes and kept quiet, and wondered if he was just as surprised as she was at her actions.

Allistiar watched Liandra who look she was having a second thought of having their bodies touch one another. And he did not blame her either as much as he did not like her. Their species were sworn enemies for hundreds of years and getting bedding with the other went against everything they stood for. But there was no other way no matter how much they did not want to do it.

But it was only until the second breeze of air coming through the cave where she really got up close to him. He could feel her skin touching his even though he turned in the other direction. He did not want to look at her as she would see the fluster on his face. Or that her breasts in which it wasn't covered up like his groin.

Allistair tried to close his eyes, to think about other things to help him doze off. But he could not sleep even as thirty minutes had passed. This was all too weird for him that he couldn't focus going to sleep."Hey?" he whispered softly. "You still up?"

After what felt like an eternity, Liandra opened her eyelids at the sound of Allistair's voice. The room blurred into focus as her frosted red eyes adjusted to her surroundings, she hadn't realized how tight she had held her eyes shut till now. Why was he asking if she was still up? If he thinks she's asleep, would he try to attack her? No, if he had wanted to kill her he would have done it by now.

"Yes, I'm still awake." She finally replied. "Is there something you want?" Liandra propped herself up onto her left elbow and looked down at the human whom she had been sharing body heat with. Her long ice blue hair cascaded like a waterfall over her slender shoulders. The screech of a bat bounced off of the rocks around them. "If you are going to tell me that this is weird, don't. I know this is weird, you don't have to verify it for me." She spat, annoyed at their awkward situation.

His eyes looked upon her as she stood up look down on him. She appeared to look like she was in a sour mood when he asked her if she was awake. He opened his mouth to say something to her, but he closed it as she took the words right out of his mouth. The feeling was mutual but this should be the only time they had to this. Hopefully.

Allistair opened his mouth again but to ask her a different question then what he was going to ask her early. "Do you think it is possible if your species and mine could leave in peace one another?" It was strange enough to ask her such a question, but he felt like he was somewhat tolerating her presence. Maybe it had to with that blood pact that she could not harm. But even then, he may be willing to let bygones be bygones."Would that be something you want?"

Her brow furrowed in thought. Could there be peace between humans and dragons? well, what was left of the dragons? If any. "Well.." she briefly paused and surveyed his face, "As is stands right now, I have no intention of becoming friends. Beheading your grandfather might make me feel differently." Liandra smiled at the thought of ripping his head off with her claws, her tail lightly tapping the floor at the happy thought. "But I highly doubt you would willingly hand him over if he was still alive. Humans and their loyalty to family members, I will never understand."

Sleep started to dig it's tendrils into newly resurrected dragon, she let out a soft yawn and lowered herself down onto her back; keeping her body close to his. "You never know, my feelings my change by the end of this." The sounds of the crackling fire faded, leaving the cave eerily quiet. Liandra could hear her heart being inside her fleshy chest. Did she just say that?

Would he really hand her over to his father? Sure he would be cherished among his people if he brought to them what could be the last dragon still alive. But what if there could have been a truce among each other? It was a lot to take in and neither side might be willing to come to an agreement. Only one side had the upper hand in all of this and it was his kind as the majority of the dragons could be dead. He doubted that his people would ever form such a pact.

He went to sleep before Liandra, not even hearing from her that her feelings could change in the end. Allistair was so exhausted from their journey that he slept through most of the morning, even as cave got warmer and a little bit of light coming in. The only sound that could be heard was coming from his mouth as he snored loudly.

Back
Top Bottom