Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

As he cuddled up to her he kissed her and held her. "Right now I have all I will ever want. Can you forgive me for being such a fool? In the world I was raised in a man would have to fight to keep what I have. I'm still slow to realize, that it is really and truly mine to keep here.."

Aurora turned to face him. "I know we were raised in different worlds and it was always a fear of mine that it would cause us issues one day. I just hope we can move past this one now..."

"I think we have my dear" he said. I am sorry I am so slow to learn, but this is home for me now, and it always will be." He closed his eyes and fell asleep in her arms.

Aurora laid a wake for a time, wondering if he had really moves past everything that his fears were laid to rest or if he was just saying that to make her feel better. Minutes ticked by then hours, as tired as she was she could not sleep, so many thoughts still ran through he mind.

Robert woke to find her still awake. "What is troubling you my dear?" he asked as He kissed her gently. He could see the worry in her eyes. "Now you are upset" he said, "why? can I help?

Aurora almost jumped when she heard his voice, she had been laying in silence for so long. She turned her head and saw him. "No nothing is wrong, i just can not sleep is all" she lied to him she did not want to make things worse.

"Aurora, I can see in your face that something is wrong, that is why I asked. I am here for you, for you, please don't shut me out." He kissed her gently and waited quietly for he to open up to him, not letting his eyes stray from hers.

Aurora closed her eyes a moment and then she sighed. "Its just i am afraid you may say things are better with you just for the sake of saying it is all better." she looked down. "And to be honest i still i am bothered by what you said, I love you, and still fear that your fears only came about because i could not fit in in your world"

"Please don't worry, I was very honest with you. This is my home. I wouldn't fit anywhere else now, not because of what you did, but because I have changed. My fears come from the defense mechanisms that were bread into me. You couldn't effect them, and really neither can I. But they are irrelevant now. They have no purpose in this world, and they will dull with time, especially now that they are exposed. " he kissed her softly and held her close to him, now trying to comfort her.

Aurora nodded a little, "I hope your right, i just can not stop my mind from racing, everything you said really does have an effect on me, i do not want you to be afraid to speak your mind with me, however i do worry so much about yours. I just don't want you to even leave because of them"

"Oh my dear Aurora, Please! Please! don't think I'd ever leave you or my children, or even this place for that matter. This is home. It's the safest place know. It is where I'd run to, not away from. I love you so much"

Aurora looked at him. "I just worried is, I mean we never just have a simple fight, when ever we fight it is always huge, Some day you might have enough of me"

" No, I don't think so. The good news is that the reason our fights are so bad is that we matter so much to each other."
He hugged her close to himself as they lay in the bed. he longed to see her smile again. He had always lived for her smile, since the day he met her, and he still did. He rubbed her back gently as she lay against his side.

Aurora hoped that he was right but still the fear filled her. she laid against him her face buried against him. "I love you" she said softly as yawned. sleep was over coming her, her eyes were getting heavy and she could not longer fight it, she fell a sleep holding him.

Robert let her sleep hoping the babies would not soon wake hungry. He held her gently and continued to slowly rub her back. He knew she really needed to rest. He slowly eased him self from under her and crept out of bed. He covered her carefully so she was warm. He quietly took the babies downstairs one at a time. Then went to the kitchen. he got out some milk and crushed some fruit and mixed it in, then cooked it in a pot and cooled it. About the time he had it ready Lillith woke. He took her in his arms and let her suck his concoction from a small spoon. To his delight she ate hungrily and and cooed happily. when she had had her fill, he fed the boys. Then quietly went back up stairs and laid with Aurora.

Aurora did not feel him get out of bed. she was so tired it had been a rough couple of days. She slept deeply but when he did return she sensed it and moved close to him again.

They slept quietly together for four more hours until Robert heard a tiny cry from the living room as Robert woke he realized his shirt was wet with milk. Aurora's breasts were full having not been relieved by the boys. He gently woke her. I think its time to feed the babies. He then went and got them one by one.

Aurora started to stir as he woke her up, her shirt felt damp. she sat up knowing she needed to nurse badly her breast her very full. She took the boys as robert brought them back upstairs, she fed them leaving her breast from their fullness. Once he returned wiht Lilith she looked at him. "What where they doing down stairs, i swore we brought them up last night"

"You needed some sleep, so I fed them," he said." about 4 hours ago" . He smiled at her knowing that this was going to be puzzling news. He took Liam from her and handed her Lillith, then took Robert and put the boys back in their cribs.

Aurora looked at him very puzzled. "How on earth did you feed them" she adjusted Lilith so she can nurse still shocked that he was able to do this

"I mixed some milk with crushed fruit, and cooked it and when it was cool I fed them with a teaspoon. It was slow but they seemed to like it. I don't imagine we should do it every day, but it got you a full nights sleep."

Aurora smiled a little, "That was very smart of you, and thank you, it was nice to get a full nights sleep again." She finished feeding Lilith and put her back in crib.

Robert stripped off his wet shirt and then realized that with them still at the big house, he had no clothing there. He put it back on and said " I'll be back in a minute with some dry clothing for you." He headed out the door for their home. A moment later, Lilly came in and found Aurora soaked to the skin, and asked "What happened?"

Aurora smiled at her husband. "thank you" she checked on the boys as he mother came around the corner. "Oh I slept to long without nursing" she explained to her mother. "robert went back to our house to get some clean clothes."

"Didn't the babies wake you dear? I never could sleep through a babies cry" her mother asked. Just the rober arrived with the clean clothes. "Hello Lilly" he said cheerily. "How is Dad doing?"

Back
Top Bottom