Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

Aurora looked at Robert a moment then back to her father. "You can see?" she had to ask again almost in shock.

Lily kissed Liam passionately but then stopped when Robert brought in the food. She smiled as he complemented the cooking and she shook her head. "No that would be your son-in-law that out did himself. He cooked."

Thanks Dad, he said laughing, but you were right to give Lilly the credit, she taught me. and thanks to three little ones I've had lots of practice. I am really glad to see you wanting to eat. you know you probably had a stroke. You need to take it easy, and stay right where you are for for a few days.

Aurora smiled a little seeing her father doing so much better. "You better rest dad, Robert why don't we let Mom and Dad rest,"

"why don't you five take Aurora's old room from the night, probably be easier than carrying the cribs back to yours house" Lily cut Aurora off, in truth Lily did not want them to go home, at least not tonight until they were sure Liam was ok.

"Mom if you want any help we'll be just next door, just be sure Dad stays in bed until the doctor gives him the the all clear. He got lucky today, don't let him push it." He looked at Liam as he said that knowing that holding Dad down was going to be a big job. He leaned over and kissed Lilly and whispered in her ear "we'll be right here as long as you need us mom" then he picked up the cribs and took them in Aurora's old room one at a time.

Aurora smiled and kissed her dad on the cheek. "You rest dad, you are not allowed to scare us ever again" She then smiled and went into her old bedroom and just collapsed down on the bed. in such a short span of time she had gone through so many emotions.

Robert came into the room, and sat down beside her and started undressing her. " you young lady need some rest. There are 3 babies over there you must worry about. I'll take care of Dad. Robert wouldn't tell her how really close Liam had come to death, or at least serious disability. He wanted her to sleep.

Aurora drew a deep breath. "I know dear, however I will be there for my parents too." she looked up at him. "Did I tell you yet how much all what you are doing is a great help and both my mother and I would be lost right now with out you here.?"

"It's the very least I can do, He's as close to a father as I'll ever have, and besides its because of him that I have you. Your mother is the sweetest lady I've ever met except for you how can I not help her."

Aurora kissed him "Still some husband would not do all that you have done, I mean even when i was pregnant you were right there making sure i was well taken care of, i never met a kinder man in life"

"Well dear your worth it. I'd do it all again in a minute." Robert undressed quickly and laid down beside her. He held her in his arms and they drifted off to sleep.

Aurora felt like she had to something extra special for him for all that he does for her. She knew once things settled down again she would have to plan something. She drifted to sleep next him, her head laying on his chest.

It was about 3am when the boys disturbed their slumber, wanting to be fed. Robert got up and brought them to Aurora in the bed, and put them to her breast. when Lilith woke he held her in his arms and kept her happy with his little finger. As soon as the boys were finished he put them in there cribs and gave Lilith to Aurora. He was about about to lay down when there was a knock at the door. It was Lilly. Robert i need help. Liam needs to use the bathroom, but his legs are numb, and he's having trouble standing. Robert went into their parents room and help Liam. When he came back to bed, he was a bit worried. Numbness was not a good thing. He let Aurora sleep.

Aurora a woke when the boys began to fuss, before she could even get out of bed Robert had already gotten up and got them. She smiled and fed her boys before giving them back to their father and taking Lilith. She was finishing feeding her when her mother came to the door. She fed Lilith while Robert helped her father. She lay there with her eyes closed while she waited for Roberts return. When she felt him inb bed she opened her eyes. "Everything alright/"

"It will be alright" he said, don't worry. He wrapped his arm around her and held her close. He cupped her full breast in his hand. He would never grow tired of how that felt. He let himself fall asleep hoping he could sleep until morning.

Aurora sighed and hoped he was right. She snuggled back down with him to go to sleep. it took a little while for Aurora to finally drift off to sleep

Robert woke to the sound of knocking. he went to the front door, it was the doctor with medication for Liam. He showed the doctor up to Liam's room. He knocked but there was no answer. He opened the door and went in. Lilly was sleeping hard at Liam's side. He scooped her up without waking her and carried in to Aurora's bed, and laid her in bed next to Aurora. 'Let her sleep," he whispered, " the doctor is here."

Lily was so tired by the time that Robert picked her up she spent the night watching over Liam.

Aurora woke and nodded to her husband she carefully climbed out of bed and covered her mother up and went across the hall to her father's room.

Well, he has some paralysis in his legs, Robert told her knowing it would be all too clear before long. He will need assistance in walking, and most important he would need loving, adapting to the loss.

Aurora bit her lip she couldn't believe it. "You said some paralysis so does that mean he has some use of his legs" She hoped her father would not be completely helpless, she knew it would kill him to have rely on someone else for everything.

"He can support his weight, but his balance is poor and he has trouble walking. He will need some help getting around, and he is too big for your mother to help" Robert said.

Aurora looked down a moment she knew that meant them possibly moving in here and she hated that thought she loved the house were they lived, she looked at Robert hating to ask him to do anything for her. "So what do we do"

"I think we need to find an older boy who can be his personal assistant. Your father deserves the help. I know that is not like your dad, but we have the kids to look after, and Lilly can't do it. What do you think?

Aurora nodded her head a little, "I know there is a lot of young men who would give their eye teeth to help my dad, he does so much for them over the years, and of course we will be around to help as well."

"Well I think we should choose one, your Father is going to need help, and he will resist the process, that I can guarantee, but the sooner we start the better. "

Aurora nodded her head a little, "Yes i agree it would be most difficult to do this but if we find the right young man i sure it will goes easier"

Back
Top Bottom