Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

They were getting out of sync with time, though they had both just awaken, it was late afternoon. Robert kissed her, and went downstairs, and made breakfast; Bacon, Eggs, and Toast, put it on a tray and brought it up to her so they could eat it together. He smiled at her, "I think we shall be doing this a lot, he said but we will make it through," he said, "and I don't care what anyone else chooses to believe, I believe our babies are alright. My family has always had strong children, and I believe mine will be the same." he said. He sat her up in bed and served her breakfast.

Aurora did not move out of bed when he did. She instead remained. She buried herself in the covers. She did not want to face anything until she could confirm she was still pregnant. As he entered the room once again she saw the change in him he had hope where she didn't. I hope u are right"

Robert sat and ate breakfast with her, and was still sitting on the bed when there was a knock at the door. He got up and went downstairs, to find iot was the doctor. He had come to check on Aurora, and Robert brought him up straight away. "She' is awake," he said, "and still terribly nervous about the possibilty of having lost the babies," Robert said. "That was a possibility" the doctor said, "but given how far along she is, if she had, I think she would have delivered them by now, and we would know for sure." But let me check, and I'll let you both know. Robert showed the doctor in, and Robert took the tray and sat in the chair. The doctor lifter the covers and examined her for what seemed an eternity.

"Well," he finally said, as he covered Aurora back up, " You have been very lucky". You are still the parents of triplets. But I must warn you, your body is very fragile to be giving birth to multiples, and you must be very careful. Then he looked at Aurora, and said, "You have a good man here by all accounts, you must let him pamper you! Do you understand? Stay off your feet as much as you possibly can."

Aurora saw the doctor come in and she was nervous that he might bring her more bad news. But when he told her everything was going to be ok aurora couldn't help but let out a long slow breath as if she was holding it in forever. She looked at Robert with a smile. "He is a good man" Once the Doctor left Aurora couldn't help but she happy. She looked at Robert with loving eyes. "Everything is going to be ok"

"Yes" he said, " but you did hear his last words, didn't you? We have to be careful. Stay off your feet as much as possible. The rest of the time you resting, remember? I'm going to hold you to that OK?

Aurora sighed and nodded. "Yeah i heard, it is going to be tough however, There is so much i have to do to get ready for the babies and i can't do it all from this bed" She looked down a little she wanted so badly to help out, but she had little choice.

"Well, I'll just bring what you need to the bed, or carry you to it." he said, "and we'll set up a sofa chair for you, but your staying off your feet. I love you and the babies, and I'm not about to loose either one of you!" Robert was adamant, and he wasn't accepting any excuses.

"I know, I don't want to do anything to hurt the babies." she breathed in deeply. "Like i said it will just be hard for me, i am not use to being waited on, I normally do everything myself, you know that"

"Yes i do" he said, "but for now that must change. You have a more important job. Its not much different than when I was king. I did things for the kingdom, that it needed, and in turn, they served me. The difference was that here its love that compels me to serve, not duty, and its is so much better that way. It is no hardship to be your servant. I love you, and that is the only thing that matters." He cleared the dishes, and brought her a knitting basket, "your mother sent this over, apparently there are traditions for you as well! "he said with a chuckle.

Aurora smiled as he said he would be happy to serve her. It was going to take a great deal of will power for her to sit by and let him, but she knew she had to it would for the best. When he came back with the kitting basket she smiled. "Yes it appears so. I guess i will have something to keep me busy for a time."

"Remember, what ever it is you must have three of them" he said laughing. Robert set about arranging things to limit he need of standing. He brought a large table into the bed room, as well as a second reading chair. He even brought a copper tub, and bath supplies. He mean to see to it she had adequate rest, and little or no exertion. Over the next week or so he became an ever improving cook, and spent several hour taking lessons from Lilly, while Aurora slept.

Aurora could not believe how unbelievably caring Robert was. He made it so she would never have to leave the bed until the babies were born. She knew it was for the best but still she missed being helpful. She starting to make items for the babies, blankets and booties, and clothes all things they would need.

Lily came by to check on everyone, more so Robert than Aurora since she knew she was in good hands. She knocked on the door and then entered the house she found Robert in the kitchen. "Hello Robert, how you doing today?"

"Well I have a wife who is stirr crazy and needs something more she can do while staying in bed, but I am fine. I'm getting better at cooking. I havent burned anything yet today, not even my fingers." he said laughing. "I need to thatnk you for all the coaching. Were going to get three healthy babies out of this. I just know it, and a healthy mom too!" He hugged Lilly.

Lily smiled at him. "well i am glad i can help you, to be honest I feel like i am spending to much time here, never giving you both a chance, but as you can imagine I am worring mother, I want best for my family, and that means you too Robert" she drew a deep breath thinking a bit. "we will have to think of a way to get Aurora out of the house"

"Yes mom we will, but she has to stay off her feet. Do you have a small cart about?" He asked. " I have an idea, that just might work" She could see the wheels in his head turning as he finished with the dishes."I'll ask Liam" she said as she walked upstairs to check on her daughter.

Lily went upstairs to check on Aurora. She was napping in the bed. Lily smiled and turned back around and went downstairs, "whatever you are up too you will have a little bit of time she is sleeping"

"Well let's see if Liam has a cart, I'll also needa spare mattress, and some bedding." He walked with his mother over to the main house where they found Liam sitting outside in a chair.
Robert discussed the ideas with Liam, who exclaimed, now thats a good idea. They headed out to Liam's shed laughing. Lilly just stood there shaking her head.

An hour or so later Liam and Robert returned from the shed wheeling a cart with a mattress on it, one and raised like a lounge chair. "Lily" Liam bellowed at the house, "we need some bedding, sheets, pillowcases,and a blanket!"

"OH stop your yelling i have already gotten them." She teased her husband and walked over to the cart. She quickly made up the mattress and looked at her husband "There are you happy now"

Liam hugged and kissed her, "yes!" he said "come on Robert" lets see if this contraption actually works." They wheeled it over to the house and in the front door. Robert went in and up stairs. Aurora was still sleeping, but he uncovered her and gently woke her with a soft kiss. He picked her out of bed andcarried her downstairs, and tucked her in on the cart. "Say hi to your Dad, he and I built this thing"

Aurora looked at him with sleepy eyes as he woke her up before she knew it, she was in his arms. "Robert what are you doing." She said she was moved outside she smiled at her dad. "What is going on?"

"Robert and I are going to get you out of the house!" Liam said, " but your staying in bed!" So you have a mobile bed"

Aurora smiled brightly. "Thank you father, this is so nice to be outside for once" she breathed in deeply, just breathing the air, "It is so nice here"

Robert slowly rolled her around the square, and her friends came up and wished her well and congratulated her on the babies. In know time she was surrounded. Robert left her there a moment and talked to Lilly, "come get me when she has had enough, "I'm going to talke a nap" he said. Lilly smiled and nodded her approval.

Back
Top Bottom