Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

So, I needed a space for some Stuff. Feel free to Drop your stuff just anywhere. I can Share.

Life is hard when a song gets stuck in your head, and then no matter how many times you listen to it, it just wont seem to leave.
If it's any consolation, you've now got it stuck in my head as well. Because, of course, I couldn't resist hitting the play button...especially after seeing the name of the song.

Thanks!!!! xD

Knowing you are suffering with me makes life better.

You're welcome, Quix.

I didn't really think about it at the time, but I see what you mean about the title. xD

When I'm writing, I'm generally listening to some music. Normally it's a playlist of a random collection of things that keep my mood where it needs to be for the character and scene in question. My favorite character to write at the moment is Valentina Ricci, who plays opposite Cole Whittaker (written by Mr Quixotic) in Caught Between. Trouble is, this particular RP has somehow ended up with a theme song that I keep coming back to when I write for it, and that song has started to bleed over into other characters and threads.

I'm not sure what to do about this.

View: https://youtu.be/zIXnT0s0f3s?list=PLYXThltY63jJ5PrdVJVSt2mo5ElVq_5DS

I'm not sure what to do about this.

That's easy; Valentina can just let Cole win! Then you won't have to worry about it any more :)

I'm glad you enjoy writing her so much, and she's just as much a blast to write opposite in what's easily one of my favourite dynamics. Two strong characters battling for control.

Had never heard that song before, but I absolutely love it...and now have to share elsewhere!

Oh no, see, that's not how this is going to work. Valentina is obviously going to be the winner. Besides, she has already conquered Cole, he just doesn't know it yet.

I can say the same for Cole, and I'me glad you like the song as well. It's a hauntingly gorgeous piece, so pleased do, share far and wide. ^-^"

Alright, finally getting around to doing this thing.

Hello everyone, I have been barely alive recently - here on bluemoon - and I have not been able to keep up with everyone equally (sorry about that) - so I'm dropping a quick note to try to catch everyone up. You know, that thing I should have done from the get-go. So, to stick to the most pertinent information, we are currently sitting in limbo as to whether or not my man's job will be sending us to Pennsylvania, Washington State, or North Carolina. We don't know where we are going, but we've been gently prepping to move, because it is starting to look like we'll be relocating no matter what else happens.

Second, I quit my job (before we found this bit out at his job) because I had picked up a remote job that allowed me to work from home. Then that job turned out to be attached to a start-up company that didn't actually have any contracts or income sources to actually pay me. So, that fell through, and I'm back to job hunting on the off chance the man doesn't get promoted and we don't move anywhere.

Stuff and Stress has made it absurdly difficult to focus and write, so I owe everyone a post. I don't think there is a single active rp in which I am not the one holding things up right now. But, this is to let everyone know that I have not lost interest with anyone, I'm just freaking out and not focusing.

When the world settles down, I am sure I'll settle back into my old self. In the mean time, I will post here as often as I am able, or at least as whenever worth-while updates come along. :)

So, here's the Skinny, Minny:

We had to move. Unfortunately, it was not because the man got the promotion we were led to believe was on the table. Nope, they restructured, and his future and current positions in the security department were decided to be redundant. So, we cut our lease short (thank god for a land-lord that was extremely reasonable about the whole situation and didn't hold us to the terms of our contract) and found a cheaper apartment. Thankfully, getting laid-off is the same as being fired, and he can pull down some unemployment while we job hunt.

So, things have been hectic and a little stressful. But, all in all, it could have been so much worse, so I can't complain too loudly. And, thankfully, school picks back up in a few weeks. Should be the last year-ish (depending on how easy it is to fill in my minor) before the last little bit is all finished up. Then I get to figure out whether or not I want to pursue a Masters.

In the mean time, things are chugging right along, but I make no promises to feeling creative in the near future. We've settled, somewhat, things feel calm now, and I am going to take a little time to rest and recharge. Then, when I am my sunny self again, I will be back with a vengeance to exact upon waiting threads... or new ones, if anyone would rather start something new.

In summary, I feel like a dog that's been kicked one too many times and I desperately need a good night's sleep, but I love you all and I will be back once I've recuperated a bit. :)

Good to hear you've at least got some sort of certainty and know where things are at, even if it's not exactly what you hoped for. Take all the time you need to rest, recuperate and get real life sorted. I'll still be here when you're back and ready to write - as will Cole to keep messing with Valentina's head, xd. In the meantime, I'm just glad to have you around in any capacity :)

Back
Top Bottom