Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I wonder, who here is actually into Fantasy Settings for RP/ERP?

Lord David Booyah

Universal Protector And Fish Finder
And when U say ‘Fantasy’, I’m talking full-on D&D/Lord Of The Rings/Neverending Story-style Fantasy. Dragons, Wizards, Knights, Mages, and other fantastical beings. Who here’s into that? Besides me, obviously.

Me~
Although I have to admit that I prefer the smut/plot ratio leaning strongly towards plot. The big draw of Fantasy are long, interesting adventures, developing characters and a world to explore... if the story is but a framing device for juicy sex scenes then things get boring rather quickly for me.
Don't get me wrong, I love some kinky smut, but more often than not actual sex scenes hurt more than they help in the grand scheme of things. I write fairly slow, generally just one big post a day, so these scenes can easily take weeks ... and naturally lose their spark rather quickly. I using smut and sex as a theme instead, loading normal adventure with hot juiciness without getting explicit

I am, but I find that fantasy requires a lot of commitment and plot; it's better suited for longer term engagements. Also it's harder for me to really relate to the characters as individuals.

I love a great fantasy story, but as Deante said, it does require some world building and character building and plot...which is actually a really fun thing to do along with all of the fun naughty stuff!

I love a great fantasy story, but ... it does require some world building and character building and plot...which is actually a really fun thing to do along with all of the fun naughty stuff!

That's one of the things I love about Fantasy ERP; the story! Specifically, the world building and fleshing out of character backstories. It's exhilarating, knowing you don't just care about the characters in this story, you MADE them, down to the fine details. Something like that MEANS something more to you if you're the one that made it.

It is not just the setting that matters. Some have already brought up the thing that I would have said as well. The problem I have is not that the world is not thought out well, it is that the things that happen are almost agnostic to the outside setting provided.

As someone who put in time working at Medieval Times, I can tell you that the same formula would work if the castle were dressed up with fancy lights and we used lightsabers instead of titanium blades/maces. About the only thing that would ruin the immersion would be the concept of bringing ranged weaponry into that manner of a fight. Why MT works is because you believe that was how things happened in that time period. There is not much of a suspension of disbelief needed when you are watching a recreation of a Jousting tournament.

Fantasy is always a fun departure, I much prefer it to modern things and especially slice-of-lifey style things. Both of the high fantasy and gritter fantasy varieties as well. Especially due to the fact it usually has a more interesting story or context for any of the smut, and, well, magic and smut is just fantastic. x3.

I love it, but NOT as a smut fest. I also love historical - just not historical and fantasy mixed up.

yaaaaaas...but i struggle with finding folks for it that aren't into "orcs raping elf" or any other heroine being raped by "insert fantasy race" x-x
What happened to just good ol' fashioned adventuring...?

I like it but my main character will always be human-like and I'm not interested in pages and pages of dragon fighting.

I'm quite fond of it I tend to see things through a generic 'D&D' style lens unless a specific world or setting has been brought up. Not fond of dragon fighting though, dragon fucking on the other hand...

I think it's possible to have a similar frame of reference for fantasy without having played D&D, the tropes and themes can be quite common and similar across several media.

Back
Top Bottom