Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scarlet Heroes: Riko Akane saves a princess.

"Enough! I will deal with her you fools!" said the second hobgoblin. All the goblins stepped back and parted to make way for her. She was a striking female in a savage sort of way. She wore better armor then the goblins, carried a sword ad shield. "Let us duel for the princess! I am this tribes champion!" she said then attacked Riko. Her sword hummed with magic. It whizzed over Riko's head in a miss.

Attack Roll 10.
Hobgoblin
AC 5 hit dice 2

Riko would be taken aback a little herself as the goblins seemed to disengage. They were battling to a bit of a standstill as the goblins had the numbers in their favor. The sheer amount of weapons flying about was causing Riko a bit of a problem. Though the hits that Riko were taking amounted to little more than scrapes, they did draw blood. Riko was half relieved to have this fight turn into a one on one contest. Something Riko was far better suited to handling.

Attack: 14 (+8 or is it +9? either way I believe it hits)
Damage: 7 (2 hp), Fray: 7 (2 hp)

Riko would duck under the initial attack and use the leverage to bring her sword upward swinging almost straight up as if she were throwing an uppercut if she were in a boxing match. She could feel that she hit something, and that it offered little resistance to her own blade. The momentum of the strike had spun Riko a little so that she could turn her attention back to the goblins that were still nearby. Hopefully taking down this Hobgoblin would cause them to panic. If Riko could further the statement she just made by slaughtering a few more of these goblins, they would be sure to scatter she thought.

The princess tenses up as she cries out, "GET AWAY FROM HER.....SHE IS A CHAMPI...." The princess froze as she saw the attack hit, "HA TAKE THAT! GET HER INNER THIGH THAT BITCH KEPT POKING ME WITH A STICK THERE!"

The princess yelps becoming quieter as she feels a stick poke her side. She glares in tears at the goblins next to the cage. "My father even if he is a shit will turn you into mince meat if you keep!" She cries out again, "POKING ME!"

"Hery, you weren't complaining about us poking you earlier," replied the leader. Riko chopped the champions head off. She also killed two more goblins when she spun around. The leader's jaw dropped. "Retreat!" he screams. All the goblins and the hobgoblin leader begun booking it out of the cave out the side and back doors. This leaves Riko alone with the princess and a Magic sword of the champion.

It would seem that the remaining Hobgoblin in charge along with the 6 or so goblins that are remaining would decide that discretion was the better part of valor and simply run. Riko was not here to exterminate them, so she chose not to bother with chasing them down. It might be a decision that turns around and bites her in the ass as she still had to deal with the cage that the princess was being held in. Among the items that were on the ground, the so called 'champion' of the band of goblins had a sword that seemed to have a magical aura. This was likely going to be something of value for Riko to take with her as the rest of the goblins seemed to be carrying far less useful equipment that Riko was likely not going to be able to salvage to a meaningful degree.

Turning her attention toward the sword that the champion dropped, Riko would outwardly mumble "Well, what do we have here." as she prodded the sword with her own to see if there was something she could discern about it before picking it up. Once she had evaulated the sword, Riko would make her way over toward the princess to see what she needed to do to break the lock open.

The Mastrer's sword. A 1d8+1 broadsword. But in the hands of a fighter using both a shield and sword style, it deals 1d10+1 damage like a two handed sword. It is said to belong to a hero long ago.

The cage is a crude wooden affair. From the outside it can be kicked open easy enough. You freed the princess and got a cool magic sword. What next is for Riko Akane?

THe princess backs up to the other side of the cage as she turns bright red.

"Seriously it has been forever...your...wait are you going to keep me locked up..."

She swayed her hips as she let out a moan of excitement with a now fully red face, "Ohhhhhhh are you going to chain me and cut pieces of my clothes off in revealing places....force me to call you master....OH BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE IN TO YOU!....I mean maybe if I am poked enough BUT I WONT"

She began to drool as she grasped at her breast with one hand and the cage bars behind her, "Please don't place that sheath in my sensitive spots...its UNbearable..."

Riko would laugh a bit as she examined the princess in the cage. "Seems like you almost enjoy this cage compared to the one you are about to be brought back to." The princess had seemingly gone mad however as she seemed to be spouting off nonsense as if she were brought to some level of pleasure by her captors. Was she seeking a release, not only from her cage but from something else? Riko did not know for sure, but it would make no difference if she left the woman in the cage that she was locked up in.

After picking up the sword that the defeated hobgoblin champion possessed, Riko would smash the door which would free the princess from her present cage. "So, someone paid me alot of money to bring you back. Seems lord peckerhead or whatever his name was had heard of your disapperance and sent me to liberate you." Riko half assumed that the princess was in no real hurry to go back to the situation that she was previously in. Neither of the options seemed all that great for her. Being trapped in a cage with hobgoblins, or trapped in a shitty marriage to some useless lord.

"I do not envy your position, princess." Riko would state as she was now interested in the princesses' intentions. "You going back with me or am I going to have to convince you?" In all honesty, Riko cared more about the reward than the consequences of what would happen to the princess when she were delivered back to the king's envoy.

The princess crossed her arms as she muttered, "Really princess princess...I have a name...I actually have a real name but no its okay....princess...thats fine bounty hunter..." She smirked, "So what are your intentions bounty hunter.....cause I would refuse anything you would just have to forcefully get me to.." She turned fully red as she spoke, "really you would have to be really very forceful....then maybe I would cave but I must resist....now if you broke me I might have no choice in the..."

She pauses looking at the woman as she blinks, "Did I do something to offend you.....if it was my father who sent you he can go choke on an egg...if it was my future bastard of a husband I hope he burns in a fire with his whole kingdom......So now with that out of the way WILL YOU LET ME OUT OF THIS DAMN CAGE!"

She goes to kick it but hurts her foot falling back, "Damn these delicate and smooth limbs."

The princess is acting irregular. As suspected upon close inspection you see she has a tide spawn Leech attacked on her neck. These creatures attack to a host and alter their personality in odd ways until removed. Thankfully Riko has a dagger and survival training. Safely removing the parasite should be a simple matter. Leaving it on the princess when she is returned to the envoy will make the trip more annoying and may make the king displeased.

Make a dex check (2d8+dex mod) against a SIMPLE DIFFICULTY (target number 9) You may add a +2 from survival training for this. Success removes the leech without a problem.

Dex Check: 10

Riko would find that there was something affecting the princess in a rather peculiar manner. Now it was just a manner of keeping the princess still long enough to do a bit of impromptu surgery with her dagger. So long as there was no complications, it would be a matter of seconds before the Leech was dealt with. Of course it might sting the princess a bit and leave a mark that the Envoy wont be pleased with, but Riko could have returned the princess with the Leech still attached. The Envoy could have been made to deal with that problem himself, since Riko was only told that she needed to bring back the princess. There was no stipulation about her being dead, alive, or afflicted with some manner of sickness made.

Riko however felt that she needed to do the right thing here. Otherwise the princess would have been a nuisance to say the least to deal with in her present state. After the Leech was dealt with. Riko would look toward her bandages and see if she could use a small bit to cover the area that the Leech had attached to on the princess while also trying to stem the flow of blood that she presently had from the pack of goblins she had just destroyed to liberate the princess fully. Unless there was something stopping her at this point, Riko intended to deliver the princess back to the Envoy.

The princess tensed up as she felt something being plucked from her neck. She fell forward gasping as she trembled feeling her neck. The little leech squealed as it fell to the ground and started to break down reaching for a host to suck from or some sort of water.

The princess breathed heavily as she felt her neck and looked up to see all the dead goblins. She let out a scream as she stumbled back falling backwards. "W...w...what the helll....where am I? Where are my guards and the carriage...." She paused as she let out a breath trying to calm herself, "At least I don't have to go see that asshole....." She would glance back if caught or not at the woman, "Uhm....did you do this.....what do you want?"

Riko would take a moment to properly finish off the Leech by crushing it under her foot as it writhed about after being removed. Turning her attention to the princess, Riko would let the princess know that she was likely to have been let out of the frying pan and let out into the fire. "Not so fast, princess. It was an envoy of that 'asshole' as you so call him that had dispatched me to rescue you. In all honesty, I do not really care about the issues of nobles. I am just here to deliver you, collect my reward, and then see what else comes my way."

Before really allowing the princess to respond, Riko would at least attempt to finish bandaging both herself and the princess up before trying to figure out exactly what the princess was going to do about her present situation. Then again as far as Riko was concerned there were two options for the princess. Do nothing or like it.

The princess blinked, "What....you...you're really going to bring me back to that place.....he is a demon he torments those he marries and father just gave me off for a chunk of land.....please I ...I don't want to just go to be tormented for the rest of my life..." She trembled as the bandages were put on, "I.....don't understand w...why would you bring me back to that... Did I do something when I was under whatever I was to offend you?"

Riko would reply back with a slightly more stern voice, "No, nothing like that at all. For me, this is not about you. I could probably bring back your corpse in all honesty as they only specified that I bring you back. You escape again after that, or whatever the hell happened to get you into this situation for that matter, I probably get sent off to find you.. again. Then we repeat this process until you realize it is just not going to work out for you." Riko would try not to show any level of empathy toward the princess. Not because she did not feel for the situation that she was in, but because to Riko that was not part of this job. Riko was a mercenary for hire, she was hired to do a job, and now she would see that job through to the end.

"I am a mercenary, that envoy hired me, and delivering you back is the job. You can come with me willingly, or I can use some of this garbage lying around that tried to get in my way to find a few interesting ways to bind you up I think. If you like, maybe you prefer the cage to either of those?" Riko trying to establish her self as the one in control here. Offering the princess a few options would hopefully be enough to establish Riko being the one in charge here. Then again, for all Riko cared, she might well consider a new job offer once the princess were to be delivered. Swatting aside some nobles could be some good practice afterall.

After getting outside you see the 'king's envoy' at the entrance. He is standing next to the male hobgoblin leader. "You were supposed to kill the adventurer and then dispose of that useless princess. Not die in the damn process. You stupid savage. Now I'll have to clean up your mess," said the Envoy. Sadly, the princess knows all the king's envoy's and this man is not one of them. He is an impostor! The Impostor looks at Riko and Lillian. "Well it looks like they came to us and saved me the trouble of entering that filthy lair. Get rid of them," he ordered.

The princess tenses up as she snaps, "You are not the envoy.....besides the envoy is a nice old man who does not agree with his stupid king...." She gets behind Riko as she mutters, "We need to go....why kill liars and thieves they may be mean but they are still people..."

Riko turns a bit to the princess, "You really think they are going to just let us go? They just said their whole plan was to kill both of us. I am not to pleased that they tried to use me to get to you, either. This might get a bit.. messy. My negotiations tend to get a bit aggressive, if ya get what I mean."

Riko would now turn her attention toward the false envoy and that coward of a hobgoblin. "I guess my reward is getting to take your head now, isnt it?" Riko would prepare herself for another battle now that she had started to eye up her opponents. Perhaps this newfound weapon of hers would come in handy. She did afterall take it fair and square in battle.

(Since you did not post the stats, I will just post the raw rolls.)

Riko took a look at the pair and tried to dart out toward the Hobgoblin. Figuring it was the weaker of the two, Riko would try to eliminate this Hobgoblin and then focus on taking down the false envoy.

Attack: 12, Dmg: 3, Fray: 8 (not sure if I get it or not)

With her new found sword, one the Hobgoblin should recognize, Riko would seek to take out the Hobgoblin.

Riko killed the hobgoblin in one smooth stoke. The envoy was hit but instead of dying, a chunk of skin fell off. It was literally like a suit worn. Under the skin patch was a mass of reddish tentacles writhing. Oh shit a tide spawn monster. "Ah, you killed my pawn and wrecked my disguise. I think I'll take it out on your body as re-compensation!" He said. His arms burst into a mass of red tentacles trying to ensnare our heroine!

Make a dex saving through (2d8+mod+level) and you can add limber limbs to this. the difficulty is 14.

Riko would be, surprised to say the least, at the true form of this so called envoy. Riko was now contemplating the problem she was about to face, as she had disposed of the Hobgoblin almost immedately.

Check: 11 (Fail)

The monster keeps Riko restrained. The beast tears away the bottom part of her armor and clothes. Cool air rushes to her now bare skin. "You know you are quite cute like this. Killing you right away is a waste. We should have fun," said the creature. He lurched closer. A Slimy tentacle traces around the lips of Akane';s womanhood teasingly. Then it thrusts inside her. The creature lets out a satisfied groan.

(Akane can try the check again to break free or just take it. If things seem impossible for her to win she can call in a defy death check.)

Back
Top Bottom