Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Summer's Last Hurrah (IC)

Kaybee

Supernova
OOC THREAD
=========================================​

Alexandra

"And here we are!" Alexandra threw out her arms, stretching to ease the stiffness of having remained seated for the last few hours. The winding roads had given way to a long gravel driveway that had finally ended in a tree-sheltered parking area. A wooden walkway led towards the cabin, a massive two-story affair with a high pointed roof and a chimney running up one side. Beyond that, the hollow roar of waves crashing against the beach could be heard over the slowing engines.

This was her family's cottage, beachside property with just about everything one could ask for in a vacationing spot. A myriad of familiar hiking trails had their starts in and around the area, the beach was coarse sand and sloped gently to the water. On the left side of the house a hot tub was perched on a wooden deck and on the right, a shed stood, packed with equipment for surfing, windsurfing, beach volleyball, and so forth. Rolling her neck, the young woman popped the trunk and started pulling out bags. There were washing facilities in the basement so one suitcase was enough to last her the length of the time they'd be staying but there were also groceries to bring in, not to mention once inside she'd probably need to clean off the decks and make sure everything was dusted. After all, the place hadn't been used all winter, so there was bound to be some cleaning to do.

Still, if that was the price she had to pay to get this place all to herself for her friends to celebrate the end of high school in the biggest way possible, then she sure as hell wasn't about to complain. She turned back towards the cars as she hefted her suitcase in one hand and two shopping bags in the other. "Come on guys! Let's get inside. The sooner everything is set up and put away the sooner we can hit the beach!" This wasn't quite everyone, she was sure a few more would arrive over the next few days, it had been a somewhat open invitation after all.

Still, no sense waiting when there could be fun to be had right?

Last edited:
James came out of the car.
And he instantly fell in love with the place. A wide open area, wide enought to get lost and find himself. Plus the sound of the beach! He great up in a town by the beach. And the sound of the beach always puts his mind to ease. He was really happy he made the decision to come. This was his first outing with the group and he wasn't sure what to expect. After all, he was never that comfortable in a large group. But he knew that's not a good thing. And he was willing to change that. "Maybe this was the first step!" He thought.
The cabin didn't look too clean. He was quite sure they would need to take up that responsibilities. And he was quite happy to do that. At least that will give him an excuse to talk to others.
He walked towards Alexandra and said, "Hey we need to clean the place up. I am not sure where to start. Do you have a plan?"

Barbara looked up from her phone and slowly took her headphones off as they pulled up to the cabin. It wasn't at all what she had expected. When Alexandra sent the invitation for a "vacation cabin" part of her had been expecting little more than a shack on the beach. But this, this was a mansion!

She trotted out of the car and stared at the cabin and everything that came with it, before following Alexandra back to get the bags. Barbara tossed her bag over one shoulder and pushed her hair over the other. She grabbed a few of the grocery bags and followed the other two towards the cabin's front door.

The young woman looked around herself as she approached the building, admiring the woods and what little of the beach she could see. She smiled to herself, this was going to be a great vacation.

Barbara walked up behind Alexandra and cleared her throat, "hey Alex? Where are the rooms? I'll start putting the bags up there and then we can all work on cleaning this place up a bit."

The house was a massive A-Frame design, the landward side fronted in thick wooden walls and two windows that flanked the main door. Through the door a tiled entrance hallway greeted them, a door on the left leading to the laundry room while a door on the right led to a cleaning closet. Beyond those, the interior opened up into a massive kitchen, dining area, and living space, all of which overlooked the seaward side of the cabin which was practically one massive pane of glass to give an uninterrupted view over the beach and surf.

Alexandra pointed at a spiral staircase opposite the kitchen, leading up to a walkway that overlooked the living area and view. "Rooms are up there, Master Bedroom first on the left, then two main bedrooms after with bunks in them, plus the couch can be pulled out." At two to a room plus the couch they could sleep eight with ease, as long as the people in the master bedroom and on the couch didn't mind being under the same covers. If they ended up with more than eight it would be a bit tricky but there were some spare mattresses and sleeping bags around that they could resort to in the worst case...

For her part she'd just set her suitcase down by the island counter and was starting to open the fridge, checking what was in there and putting away the first bags of groceries once she'd ensured that nothing already present had spoiled. "For cleaning, you can grab a duster out of the closet on the right! And maybe some windex. It's mostly just touching-up but it's important to make sure we stay on top of it."

"I will just put my bag in the room and start working on the cleaning part."
James picked up his bad and took the stairs to reach the first floor. He chose the room beside the master bedroom, went in and dropped his bag on the floor.
He sat there for a while before unzipped his bad and pulled out some casual cloths, a navy blue tshirt and a khaki knee length pant.
Once he was done changing, he left the room, closed the door behind him and went downstairs. "Maybe I will take the drawing room and do some dusting. But I need to be quick." He told himself , he was dying to get to the beach at least once today .

Barbara nodded and grabbed both of the girl's bags. James had gone up ahead of her, but she didn't see him on her way up the stairs. She went to the master first and set Alexandra's suitcase on the large bed. She considered it for a second and then set her own bag down on the bed as well. There were going to be other people after all, and they could bunk together. At least, unless other people didn'r show up.

Alexandra shared classes with Barbara and they got along really well, but Barb hoped to use this time to get closer with Alex before Barb went to college. She wondered for a second what Alex planned to do after highschool and blushed when she realized she wasn't really sure. But, that could be the first thing they talked about, plans for the future.

The blonde set her backpack down next to her suitcase and trotted out of the bedroom, heading back downstairs. She wanted to sweep off the back porch, get a chance to admire the ocean view for a little while before more people arrived.

James was brushing the drawing room window when he saw Barbara coming down the stairs.
He knew both this girls from his classes. As much as a nerd can know girls.
"But that will change on this trip. I will be more courageous. Not as much introvert as before. And who knows, maybe we will be best friends by the end of the trip." He thought.
Soon enough he was done with cleaning the drawing-room.
He searched for Alexandra but couldn't find her. But he could see Barbara sweeping off the back porch. He walked upto her and said, "Hey I am going for a walk towards the beach. Gimme a call if either of you need me."

The cleaning moved quickly at least as Alexandra trotted back and forth from car to fridge, putting the dozen-odd bags of groceries away in the appropriate places before grabbing a vacuum to take to the carpets. James had already finished dusting, so the job went fairly quickly, just leaving the rooms upstairs to get cleaned out but given that was mostly a lot of taking dust covers off the beds, they could handle that before they went to sleep.

Right now, the sun pouring in through the beachfront side of the house was calling her with the shimmer of the sand and the crash of surf.

Ducking into the bedroom again, noting the two suitcases, she grabbed hers and pulled her towel out before quickly stripping out of her jeans shorts and tank top, revealing the black two-piece she'd worn underneath. "Barb! Grab your swimsuit and let's hit the beach!" The deck was swept enough, they could get the corners later. She hurried past the blonde with a laugh. "Come on let's go!"

It was around this time that Elaine arrived to the cottage.

Stepping out of her car and gazing at the estate from the parking lot, she tipped her deal-with-it styled sunglasses down and whistled a high-tune of surprise. This was a whole lot more than she'd hoped for. It brought a smile to her thin lips, as she dragged her two bags out of her trunk, and headed for the house.

Elaine, having looked through the window, could see Alexandra making movements toward beach. They must have finished cleaning, then.

Once Elaine was inside, she spared little talk other than quick greetings, hurrying into the bedroom right next to the Master. Throwing her stuff to the floor, Elaine practically threw off her jeans, her bra, and everything else other than her solid black panties, and white T-shirt with 'YouTube' printed across the front, something she got from a convention.

Hurrying back downstairs, Elaine hollered after them. "Yo, you two! Wait for me!"

James really liked the beach. It was deserted. Peaceful.
He spotted a rock a little far away which had a relatively smoother top.
As he climbed on top the rock, he made himself comfortable with one leg folded at the knee and resting against the rock.
He was lost in his thoughts as usual, when he could heard others approaching towards the beach.

Barbara hummed to herself as she swept, but quickly discarded her broom as Alexandra rushed out of the house and towards the beach.

Barb dashed back inside and quickly switched into her bathing suit. A fellow two-piece trimmed with red. She checked herself in the mirror and briefly admired her figure before dashing back downstairs. She smiled and said hello to Elaine, who she knew less than Alexandra but was excited to learn more about, and ran toward the beach.

The blonde quickly caught up with her brunette companion and very soon after watched as Elaine dashed toward them, Barb slowed herself to allow the third girl to catch up, then smiled at Alexandra, "come on! The water looks really nice!"

"Yup yup!" Alexandra grinned in response, though her cheer faltered slightly at Elaine's pale complexion as the other girl caught up to them. "Hey uh... Are you sure you won't need sunscreen?" Alexandra was tan enough that it wasn't a huge worry, but she wasn't so sure for the other two girls.

"Oh I'll be fine." Elaine replied, barely sparing a moment to slow down and kept pace witb the two girls. "This is what I've been looking forward to all week anyway! I need to get down there now!" Elaine called, laughing as she raced with Barbara and Alexandra down toward the water.

Elaine felt as if it was calling her name at this point.

Barbara wasn't too worried. She had packed some sunscreen in her bag and applied some on the drive over, so she felt that she was probably well protected. She shook her head at Alexandra's comment, "I already put some on, I think I'll be fine."

She smiled back at the water, it looked so wonderfully inviting. She wondered what it must feel like.

Alexandra shrugged, then grinned wickedly, the only warning the other two got before she took off at a run, feet pounding the sand as she sprinted straight for the sea. "Last one in the water's a rotten egg!" Her strides grow surer as she transitions from the dunes to the packed wet slope, and then her feet are splashing merrily in the shallows, kicking up spray as she runs as deep as she can go and dives-!

Cold water envelops her, hands sinking into the sandy bottom ahead of her dive, her hair fanning out behind her as she slows, then bunching back again as she rises in the hip-deep surf, spitting salt from her lips before laughing. It's harsh and cold, yet a welcome relief from the blazing sun overhead at the same time. It's the first plunge of the summer.

This is where her vacation starts.

Last edited:
Elaine was second to the open water and took a dive under the water after tossing her sunglasses to the side. Elaine could feel the cold water envelope her body, surrounding her in its bitter chill, before the girl swam back up to the top. Allowing herself to float, her eyes gazed up at the sky.

It was so peaceful to stare at the sky, Elaine almost forgot there were other people there.

James was lost in his thoughts when he heard two spalshes, one after another.
They were a little far from where James was sitting, but he could identify Barbara and Alexandra.
Then he noticed someone else. But he couldn't recognise who.
A little curious, he got off the rock and started walking towards the girls. And truth be told, usually, he would just ignore the commotion and stay lost in his tranquility. "But not today. We might not meet again, and I don't wanna live my whole life with if-only." He muttered under his breath, as if to convince his own self.
He picked up pace.

Before Barb could react, get two companions ran into the water before her. She hesitated for a split second then tossed her towel and glasses down on the sand and ran in after them, diving in with the other two into the surf. The water was cold, but diving in helped acclimate Barb to the temperature. She slowly surfaced, and immediately realized she was standing in front of Alexandra, close enough that her bikini almost grazed Alex's.

Barb blushed a bit and took a step back, "sorry about that." She said, and turned her attention to the rest of the great expanse of water. She took in the sights and the beauty of it all, turning around to see James jogging towards the water.

She knew James a bit, he was a bit of awallflower so she didn't know him too well, but he seemed nice so she was glad he would be here too. She waved at him from the surf and then looked back out at the water. "It feels like it's been forever since I went to the beach."

James tasted the water with his tow. It sent a shiver along his spine. "Damn that's cold." He almost shouted.
He was not a fan of cold weather. But looking at the girls enjoying the waves hitting their body and sand shifting below their feet, he felt almost drawn to the group.
Finally, James gathered enough courage to take a step into the sea, and then another, and another.
He was still shivering from the initial chill when he reached the group.
"Hey Barbara, Alexandra!! How could you stay so long in this cold water?" He smiled a bit, still shivering.

"It's not that cold!" Alexandra laughed, though she had to admit it wasn't exactly warm either, and standing waist-deep meant that her upper half was exposed to the breeze, making her shiver even as she boasted. "But if it's really not to your taste, we could always hit up the hot tub back up at the house."

Stepping forward, she wrapped one arm around Barb's shoulders with a grin, then spied Elaine floating on her back. "Hey! Don't get swept out to see now you hear?" Alex grinned, though her expression turned to disappointment when there was no immediate response, turning her head back to Barbara, then as an afterthought, to James. "I do believe she didn't actually hear me... Do you think we could sneak up on her?"

Barb opened her mouth to respond to James, but Alexandra got their first. She smiled at the suggestion of a hot tub and nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah! That would be so much fun!" She blushed a bit as Alex put her arm around her shoulders, but it didn't bother her at all. Barbara returned the gesture, putting her arm around Alex's slim waist. She had such an amazing figure! Barb was definitely going to ask what her secret was.

She switched her focus to Elaine, she knew Elaine a bit less than she knew Alex, but she seemed cool and it was definitely nice knowing she'd get a chance to grow closer to both of these girls before they were separated, at least during the school year. "I think we could sneak up on her. If not, we can sneak up under her" she grinned wickedly and giggled, "should we?"

These girls were more fun than James thought. Full of life, the kind of life James missed sometimes. But it was really awesome of them to include James in all the fun. Especially the hot tub idea was really nice. And the idea to sneak up on Elaine was the kind of prank he never dared, just because he always was scared of others opinions. But not anymore.
"Yeah we should totally sneak up on..or under, as Barbara suggested..Elaine. after all it's the last hurrah before we go our separate ways. I am sure nobody will mind a little bit of fun?" James said, still a little nervous.

Alex grinned, "I'm game if you are~" She giggled. "Let's go!

Back underwater, the chill was more bearable without the cool air running over her skin. It helped that it was a short swim too, looking up with eyes squinted against the salt until she was just underneath Elaine and slightly to the left...

Barbara nodded, "let's do it then"

She dove down and then up, getting under Elaine and to the right. She wasn't sure what the plan was, but she figured she'd follow Alexandra's lead.

Back
Top Bottom