Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Main] Radical Action to Unseat the HOld of Monkey Mind

99264808442e789e9c4c9cb679a14ad8--olive-green-mother-nature.jpg

e31b0a5732d0b93bf6bd428679764f2b.jpg

Two women walk through the door one a stunning and athletic red head dressed in a light blue dress and white slacks beneath it and white open toed sandals with a modest heel.The other a shocking specimen of a women with bark on her skin and dressed in black suit jacket and white shirt and black slacks of a fine tailor made suit they chat a bit with the bouncer and give their names as they exchange pleasantries. as the arrived a bit early to enjoy the party before the meet time. The red head and the Green haired and bark skin girl mix it up on the dance floor for a good time dancing with each other and letting both men and women join them. as it gets thirty minutes out from the meet time she whispers to her red haired friend and the walk outside and she hails a cab and sends her back and the bark skinned girl returns and goes towards the back room door where others seem to be gathering and waits her turn to speak with the bouncer in front of it to get entrance for the real reason she is here.

The particular bouncer that Silvertail deals with is one of the less twitchy bouncers, a very stocky black ork lady, who gives a momentary look towards the bartender. It's a bit hard to tell with the whole wild party going on, but she might have said something like "dreking rich kids" in reference to the runner's appearance. Or it could have something to do with the bartender as even at this distance, the look on his face and the lack of care of the people at the bar are pretty apparent. Still, she waves Silvertail on in with the barest hints of professionalism.

Nomad gets a little bit of a joke as the other bouncer lets her in. "Hey, don't get clipped in there. I heard the guy's looking for exotic greens for a potion." That ork might have been assensing, might not have, but generally is less twitchy than her other partner and enjoys the chance to talk before duty calls. Again. Even in the noise, the hiss of a loudened Jazz popper is distinctive. The little AR display helps; it's kinda cute if you ignore the whole 'combat drug just taken' aspect of it.

The atmosphere inside is completely different, mostly metaphorically but not entirely. It is mostly quiet, as though there was a racous party going on at the farther ends of a street and not all around. The air even smells less of alcohol.

At the later arrival of two more runners, Mr Johnson laughs at himself a bit reproachfully. "Well, I guess I did end up giving out two different times." He then provides a quick overview of what's been gone over and the AR material that's still up, before leaving the rest for the team to sort out and plan among themselves. Due to fatigue some of that info is given out as played back recordings, but it still gets everyone on the same screamsheet at least.

Last edited:
Rei would take a seat somewhere and whipped her giant fluffy tail to one side to rest upon her lap. Internally questioning why her spirit sent her here. 'Moneys money, I suppose. And the roof needs fixing before rain rots away the floorboard.'

She'll look to the group. Casually observing them and their auras. Rei pretty much just does it naturally. (2 successes). "So..." She'll start. "This thief may be at two locations. I am very good at scouting out, if your droids don't pick anything up..." The ears will flick. She has to assume that these people know as little about her as she does about them. They'd probably draw the same conclusion as the bouncer outside.

An internal chuckle. She wishes she had those kind of funds. Instead she's going to return to a bundle of blankets, snuggle underneath of it as a fox, and perhaps she can afford to buy something nice to eat instead of hunting down a meal.

Of course, if any were capable of tapping into the astral plane. They'd see a small white fox curled up and sitting upon the couch. And Rei knows this too. So she's keeping an eye out for the first person who does it. The response Rei will immieadtely give such a person, is a sly tongue stick out and a wink.

Red Dot
738cb518738673b97a972b2c0099321d.jpg

The satyr stood when the two new girl's entered. She was a tall, busty, and hard bodied girl with russet colored fur on her legs, hooves, and curling horns nested among auburn curls. She wore a lace halter top beneath a black leather jacket. Golden-brown eyes ran over the little fox girl, intrigued, then shifted to the wood skinned changeling. "Good evening." She quirked a ruefully smile, "Well, good to see this group will blend in anywhere." She shook her head, chuckling.

She offered her hand to each newcomer. "Call me Red Dot, pleased to meet you. This is Tin Man. He was just telling us that his drones have done some successful scouting."

Red Dot was not astral perceiving, but Rei could see that she was awakened--perhaps an adept--with some sort of magical weapons under her sleeves.

99264808442e789e9c4c9cb679a14ad8--olive-green-mother-nature.jpg

Nomad smiled and giggled a bit at the clipping comment as she walked past and walked through the door. She gave a quick scan around the room looking at everyone gathered, her gaze seemed both focused on each person but also had this odd sensation that while looking at you she was looking through you at the same time. She then blinked and sat down "Greetings, I am Nomad, Nice to meet you all and to our hosts Thanks for the invitation to the party as well as the job offer."

She choose a seat next to the fox girl and offered a warm smile. as she sat she opened the lower button of her suit jacket.
8d6
Comment:
Result: 1, 6, 6, 1, 1, 2, 3, 6,

Rei would observe Nomad becoming active astrally. As she glanced around the room, and came to Rei. Rei would stick her tongue out. Followed by a wink. But then Nomad will look down towards her butt. Oh right. Rei's not a humanoid in the astral. Rei will wink again, still having her tongue out, to save her attempt at teasing Nomad.

So her companions consist of a free spirit, a human who has dabbled and awakened, and a cyborg? Or atleast someone with a good number of augments and implants. As Red Dot had put it, they will definately stand out in a crowd. Stealth will be the better part of any operations they are apart of.

"It wouldn't hurt to go and scout out these places too. As long as we don't alert him to our snooping around."

“Hello, I'm Tin Man. I sent my fly spies to check out the thief's two known hide outs.” He shared the information he'd gotten again.

After about an hour, Tin Man blinked and gave a report, “My fly spies have looked over the two addresses. The fancy place is his work cover. The kind of ratty place is where he sleeps.”

He looked at Rei and gave a cheerful smile, “As I said they call me Tin Man, what's your handle? Can you find out anything about those two places from here? Or is time to go to one of them?”

Rei would look over to Tin Man. Actually a bit baffled and confused looking. She didn't understand the question. "What do you mean by handle?" Rei will ask, with no hint of sarcasm or stuttering. Any amount of studying Rei's reaction will reveal she's actually confused.

But She'll move to the next question. "Nothing I can find out without actually giing there." She'll answer.

Nomad smirked a bit at the reaction she received from the fox and stopped looking across the veil . She nodded and quietly listened as the particulars of the job where discussed. When it came to a pause she took a deep breath and spoke "So Do our targets have any ability to summon spirits or particular nasty spells that should be worried about?" she sat and was very poised and relaxed.

Tin man cocked his head tot he side. "It's just sort of a code name. We don't use our real names on some missions."

To the room at large, he continued, "What do you say we go investigate one of these places then. I can drive."

Before the group goes, Nomad gets her answer. "I have some evidence that the target patronizes an alchemist, but otherwise no. No immediate magical worries."

At this time of day, the gated apartment complex still has the gates open, more or less. It's in a good enough part of the city that gates and (mounted) guns buy the residents their feeling of safety from the outside. A serious incursion by a go-gang or runners would break through with little problems. It'd be exiting that would be the challenge. Of course, the target doesn't have the courtesy to be in the gatehouse right now, so it's either enter or do some spying.

Or talking. There's a few people having a faux block party.

The Bedrock Downs towers high for such a cheap apartment building. It's got three floors on the nearest competitor, and looks like a celebration of the Brutalist movement. It claims to be expanding downwards until it hits bedrock, AR ads annoying even at this distance. The direct route is blocked off by a Black Star barricade; the corp is basically filler for actual security corps. For theem to actually be using their own banners, this must be a truly trivial event that somehow has managed to block the roads. Thankfully they're being very lazy about the SIN check, not even going more than a few steps beyond the barricade to stop and check.

Rei will wonder about that before responding to Tin Man. "Right. Not the real name. But a nickname. Some on the streets have called me 'Silvertail'. Simple, but has a bit of elegance to it, I think." She'll decide on using the name she has already built up with lowly gangs calling her it.

A soft clasp of her hands. "Are we ready to go?"

Red Dot
738cb518738673b97a972b2c0099321d.jpg

The satyr girl's brow furrowed when the pretty young fox asked what a handle was. “Don't get out much, do you?” she teased, not unkindly. Hopping to her hooves, she offered her hand. “Nice to meet you, Silver Tail. Let's get moving. Does everyone have wheels? Someone could ride behind me on my bike, but I only have one helmet.”

She glanced at Tin Man, “Kind of small too. I don't think the tall fellow there would fit.”

When they got out to the parking lot, she inquired,

"Can anyone find out what those security guys are doing there? They look small time to me, but if they're a front for Sader-Krupp's people moving in to grab our thief, we need to get to him first."

Jinchi's information here.

The auburn haired satyr nodded thoughtfully. “Okay, lets head that way before the situation changes.”

She sent a thought to her bike, confirming the saddlebags were still secured, then starting up the engine with a purr.

Nomad got out of the tin man's car and followed the group as they looked around the area looking at the accident.

The Black Star officer, more a glorified detour sign at her level of distraction and boredom, makes some vague gestures with a milimeter wave scanner at the group. The thing can find guns and cyberware when it's turned on; no prize for guessing what's not happening. It's easy enough to get some info out of her without actually getting SIN checked.

There was an accident that has already had the arrests made, but it kinda left a horrible spill which is what Black Star is being hired to keep people away from and also clean up. Officer "Whisper" Thaler does eventually get her mind into gear, but it happens when the group is already on their way to:

which makes it a little irrelevent. She wouldn't be expecting to get the amount of bribe she could out of the situation, so following up on a leaving group would be a loss of time and getting yelled at. Thankfully for the runners, there's a few relatively quick options as to getting around the blockade. The longest is five minutes, and the shortest is three but that one involves going on foot.

In any case, there's something strange around the complex. Everything's suddenly very dull and grey, excepting for some plants which are positively glowing. As is the group. Everyone looks a bit touched up and is glowing quite brightly. (You may roll any magic or astral related knowledge skill or Assensing to have an epiphany right now.)

which means that she'd be kind of stealing from her supervisor. Thankfully, there's only a simple SIN check with no astral security. So it may be possible to sneak Silvertail past. In contrast to the Black Star's set up, there is a massive astral barrier around the apartments, glowing and crackling with enough force that it looks like a great wall of burning blue flames. Getting through it would be quite the problem, but then it starts to buckle and twist. Either waiting or just being a bit dexterous can get anything astrally active through.

Concerned about what they were covering up and why, Tin Man lead them right through the blockade with some quick fast talking to keep the sleepy guardsman off balance.

which means that she'd be kind of stealing from her supervisor. Thankfully, there's only a simple SIN check with no astral security. So it may be possible to sneak Silvertail past. In contrast to the Black Star's set up, there is a massive astral barrier around the apartments, glowing and crackling with enough force that it looks like a great wall of burning blue flames. Getting through it would be quite the problem, but then it starts to buckle and twist. Either waiting or just being a bit dexterous can get anything astrally active through.

Getting by the Black Star security set up isn't too hard as long as you don't have the absolute lowest level, chicken-for-DNA type SIN, because their rather casual search on everyone would only notice the kinds of errors that you get at that level. And even then, with a little nuyen as grease or just some fast talking, it's probably easy enough to by without an incident. Getting in would be much harder, the wall around it in the astral looks far stronger than anyone in the group has ever seen and possibly even stronger than most of them would have dreamed of, but whatever is going on inside has to be something special.

It's literally causing the wall to buck and jump and occasionally become visible in meatspace where it almost jumps off bounds. Whatever ritual is going on inside will definitely destroy the barrier, but anyone that wants to get in early can with just a bit of timing, a quick leap, and a willingness to go and see what's doing this.

Back
Top Bottom