Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is my request any good?

mypgems

Super-Earth
Basically I would like to know if the expectations stuff is a little off-putting? Especially the request for samples I'm trying to weed out the non-serious/2 sentence writer types.

The story idea is this:
The characters (very late 20's to early 30's) are stranded at an airport because of an incoming blizzard that is shutting everything down. It'll do some damage to make the airport closed for an extra day or so besides the weather. They were on different flights and meet at a bar or something as they are looking for hotels to stay in. They eventually get rooms in the same place, perhaps have to share a room or not. Lots of talking, getting to know the other, calling the families that are waiting at home, etc. The pair 'click' in a way and decide to meet for dinner at the hotel. They eventually end up together in bed.

There three ways we can do this story: (and I like 2 & 3 the best but can go with one)
1. They are strangers, never met, never will meet again or...not.
2. Two former high school sweethearts that haven't seen each other since before graduation. Their history was that they dated & had strong feelings for each other. They made out (got to 2nd base) but she was too (good girl/Catholic/whatever) to actually have sex. Wanted to but didn't. They split up because he got another girl pregnant (or something else).
3. Boyfriend is instead her girlfriend (everyone thought they were girl friends and they are both Bi-). Still no sex and instead of getting someone pregnant, she got pregnant.

My character: She's married to a guy from college and has a couple of kids (ages 5 & 7). Generally its a good marriage. She and the spouse do love each and haven't cheated. She's a teacher. He's a lawyer/doctor/whatever that is away from the house slightly too much. Not extra late but a hour or two usually. Just enough with dinner and family stuff he & she don't get too much time alone. Sex is fine. All in all, a good marriage.

Except... She feels like she is missing something but isn't sure what it is. Maybe that spark of adventure or going out and doing something crazy or that boyfriend in high school. They had fun together, cared about each other, lusted after each other... Then he broke her heart. The next guy she dated was the one in college that she married. He was steady, caring, and safe. Did not have to worry about him. Things are fine except that tiny feeling...

I left a lot of stuff open to give the other person freedom in making their character and developing the plot. Ain't I sweet? lol

Expectations:
1. 1-2, at most 3, turns a week. I have real life stuff and you do to so no pressure on turn around. Just keep me informed if you're going to be away or want to quit. No fuss, no muss.
2. At least a paragraph but I won't complain if you send me two pages! lol Depending on the scene I might do that to you but you do NOT have match me. I just sometimes right more than I should. Just ask Sync, he can give you horror stories.
3. Grammar and spell check are our friends. Please use them!!
4. You have questions about something I wrote or an idea to do something different? Tell me! 92.723% I'll love it and tell you to do it. I'll do the same for you.
5. Sex? Yes. Graphic with naughty words? If you have no issues then I don't. All sex and no plot? No. We will have plot and plot that gives them reasons for having sex. Also afterwards if we do a 'OMG What have I done?!". I would love for them to be 'real' people.

Am I asking for too much? Maybe but then again I want to be and can be choosy.

If you have a serious interest, reply with ideas and a writing sample or tell me you have story posts I can look at. I have plenty out there for you to see.

Back
Top Bottom