Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guardians of Sanctuary - A Mutants and Masterminds 3e Interest Check

Atan

Meteorite
Up until five months ago, the Earth was stable. Heroes battled villains and the mutant rights movement was growing into full swing, making significant headway. The world was looking up. Then, an anti-mutant assassin struck and killed Doctor Karl Gelb, a human researcher at the forefront of the mutant rights movement. This broke any faith that his husband, a mutant of theretofore untested power who went by the name of Tempest, had in Gelb's dream.

Maddened with rage and despair, Tempest unleashed his powers with an unprecedented savagery. Coasts flooded, tsunamis raged, and earthquakes shattered cities. Long-dormant volcanoes erupted, blizzards entombed the north and south, and storms tore the world asunder. Calling himself Cataclysm King, Tempest reigned over it all, bearing witness to the hurried efforts of the rapidly collapsing governments to save the world - or at least themselves.

The heroes of the world rallied and launched an assault on Cataclysm King, but in the ensuing battle, the majority were slain. Cataclysm King was wounded, and vanished from the public eye, while the surviving heroes attempted to save and preserve who they could. One group of young or inexperienced heroes found safety and a settlement they name Sanctuary. Now they must rebuild as best they can, while surviving the cataclysmic environment that seems to hate them.

Hello fellow forum-goers! I'm Atan, and this is my first official post on BMR. I'm looking for a smallish group - perhaps 2-4 members - to play in a PL 8 game of Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition. As you might be able to tell from the intro I so labored over, it is not the average Mutants and Masterminds setting - instead it's set during and after an apocalyptic event. The themes would focus very strongly on roleplaying and reconstructing a home for the innocents, as well as beating up on bad guys and such.

This is just an interest check, so no posting character ideas just yet. I want to get a feel for who would be interested, if anyone, in this rather exotic take on the system.

I would need some help with making a character. It has been a LONG time since I have ever played M&M 3e.

In the event that I do start a recruitment, I am more than happy to help any and everyone who needs help with creating characters. :D

New here and never played before. Would be interested if someone would explain the rules.

I can help with some things, but I'm not sure I'm able to explain all the rules at once. xD Fortunately, there is an SRD available, which should answer some of your questions, I hope.

I'll open up this as recruitment if we get a couple more people indicating their interest.

Cool. Thanks for linking the SRD. Will read it right after writing this post and bumping a request thread. If it has all the basic rules then it should help greatly.

The Power Level 8 means the cap of abilities and other things too?
I mean, I read that it is "Masked Heroes" level, and that we should have 120 points to spend on our character, but does the powers, skills and abilities also have this 'level 8' as their max - Low superhuman, by the way...

And a secondaryquestion. This is an Adult role playing site, with mostly erotic and sexual opennes. Would it be part of this game too? And how far we could think about incorporating kinks into our characters? What about the story itself? Just as much as we put in there, less than that, more than that?

The PL determines a number of maximums:

Character Creation SRD said:
Skill Modifier: Your hero’s total modifier with any skill (ability rank + skill rank + advantage modifiers) cannot exceed the series power level +10. This includes untrained skill modifiers using only ability rank, and so sets an effective limit on all abilities associated with skills.
Attack & Effect: The total of your hero’s attack bonus and effect rank with that attack cannot exceed twice the series power level. If an effect allows a resistance check, but does not require an attack check, its effect rank cannot exceed the series power level.
Dodge & Toughness: The total of your hero’s Dodge and Toughness defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level.
Parry & Toughness: The total of your hero’s Parry and Toughness defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level.
Fortitude & Will: The total of your hero’s Fortitude and Will defenses cannot exceed twice the series power level.

So, in short, no - it's a bit more complex than that.

As to eroticism and sexuality, it depends on how much the players want to get involved in it. I do have a number of limits to what I'll describe as GM, though, so that will be taken into account.

Back
Top Bottom