Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Radical Action to Unseat the HOld of Monkey Mind

Going nicely. Glad to get some posting time in after a nice weekend of tabletop fun. :)

Heh. Maybe in a week or so i can even free up time for portfolio work. ^_^;; Meenwhile, I'm very excited for this.

I linked to Jen in the cast thread. Will be adding story information as i go.

She currently has 3 ranks in Improved Reflexes. Think i should drop one of those for more versatile things? Like Linguist and Improved Sense of Smell. If I take improved sense of smell would it have the same mechanics as the Vermonasal Organ?

You probably could drop it and still, from my envelope math, do good for Init. And yes, you can get Thermal vision as an adept power, even through the nose. :p

It's just the first thing I think of when that organ's mentioned. Yes, before the SURGE mutation.

I'm redoing my sheet since I missed that I should do sum to 12 instead of 10. I can't find an option to break skill groups though? It's something that I could do in older versions of Chummer so I could add more skill points to skills in the group. Was it an erroneous behavior on Chummer's part to let me do so in the past? Do the rules allow to, say, raise a skill up to 6 if it already has 3 points in it from a skill group? Is there an option to break the skill group somewhere that I'm missing?

EDIT: Ah nevermind, I googled it and it looks like I can't break skill groups before finishing to distribute skill points.

It's under house-rules or optional rules in Options, IIRC. It's because the default is now the stricter interpretation of skill group breaking and unbreaking.

Again, IIRC. But it should allow karma to do it either way.

lol :)

Radiant wrist razors!

I know they've got cold spells in the Street Grimoire, not sure about light. :)

My weekends are crazy busy, and it's my mother's birthday. Daredevil tells me he'd like to join us, so i'll be helping him put together a character monday.

Okay, good to hear. And like I said. Light was a 4e element. Possibly also in 3e, but I haven't seen the extended magic book for that edition in so long.

Iron Man kind of inspired me, but Tenshi says a Decker fits shadow run better than a power armor.

I'm see a human who is a fan of Wizard of Oz. He takes his runner name from his favorite character, and it fits because he wears security armor. He's an armorer too, and fights personally as well as with his drones.

Tin Man.

Whenever he's in a situation with someone less than a good person his catch phrase is, “Come on, have a heart.”

He has a little bird drone that he calls the Crow. (Variant Fisto Pigeon used for spying and all that other fun stuff.)

He drives a motorcycle but he also loves to fly—both in vehicles and jumped into drones. Depending upon his points, maybe not walker drones.

(Tenshi interjects: Does someone have handy for us what riger skills overlap with decker.)

That is all i've got off of the top of my head. I'll see what comes up as Tenshi and I build him.

Rigging and decking doesn't really overlap at all. At least not serious rigging and decking. You can dabble in rigging with a few drive, mechanic, and repair skills, but trying to do both is just too many skill points. A technomancer technically does it better, but that's still not doing it well.

At minimum, gunnery, a pilot skill, a mechanic skill, and electronic warfare, but that still leaves a few critical deficiencies. So more like gunnery, a pilot skill, a secondary pilot, mechanical skill, computer, hardware, and electronic warfare. And don't forget a personal combat skill, but that's for everyone.

While the second list has some matrix skills, it's not the hacking ones. Plus you're going to have to choose between a modded RCC that would be an attribute short or a deck that can't share autosofts.

Back
Top Bottom