Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's the appeal of Discord?

How do you like Discord?

• I love it for everything.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Just use it for chat only.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Ideal for roleplays

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Don't care for it.

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
For RP it can be a bit annoying (it's primarily to chat and play games) due to the character limit and such, but it also can be very useful thanks to dice bots and easy-to-make servers which can be adapted for each type of roleplay. I find PM's much better for long multi-paragraph RP, but for one-offs Discord can be quite good.

I've finally joined. It's nice to discuss stuff anon… But I don't really see the interest in typing long ass replies on it.

Aside from being ad-free. I like Discord because of it's convenience, not only as a gaming chat medium but also for roleplaying purposes while taking into account the character limit it has. Its also a good tool to keep track of roleplays, by making your own server with one person, then creating different channels and categories like #ooc, #characters, #rp depending on the roleplay you're doing.

Wait do people do this? :oops:
Most people I know who do any kind of RPG through voice is usually because it’s a tabletop thing. Like my online friends have DnD night and utilize Discord voice chat. I’ve never heard of anyone using it as a substitute for written, play-by-post roleplaying, and especially not erotic roleplaying. I feel that would cross a lot of boundaries to read that to each other back and forth, lol.

Oh yeah. Totally embarrassing to read this… LOL. I can't imagine with someone I Don't know. I can't imagine with someone I know.

As someone who migrated to Discord from Skype, I found it a major convenience since the big blue S seemed to screw with its interface more and more to the point where it just became an unrecognizable mess. At that point, I had had enough since I'm the type of person who wants to see everything right there in one place and not have to be bogged down like 95% of the time if I'm in a game with someone. Of course, voice quality is a bit of a concern since there are times when it cuts in and out - since you know, I'm a contributor for a podcast in one server - but I think this largely depends on where everyone's connecting from. Despite this little bit of a rough patch, it serves a purpose in terms of keeping track of everything in one spot. It's not for everyone, naturally, but in time, I believe it can be even more functional overall.

Back
Top Bottom